Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:26:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: na
na
na

Pages: « 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 ... 593 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][1000 SYNC] Proof of Stake now run by BLOCKCHAIN DEVELOPMENT COMPANY  (Read 815999 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:18:19 PM

I have sent a personal message to MsCollec, requesting the private keys to allow a new developer to look through the code.

I will update as and when there is new relevant info that you should all be aware of.

Basically, all that I am concerned with, regarding Sync, is that we should have a V2 wallet (most likely on a new fork) and that everyone is able to stake 100% per annum, regardless of the amount of stake you hold.

again, updates as I get them

I should make it clear, that as a few of you have sent me personal messages - I am not taking over the coin, I simply want to move it forwards for the good of it's community.

Sync is not anyone's personal belonging, it belongs to us all, so may I suggest, we all work together to make sure it is active, working and eventually, revived to the value it deserves.

thanks

Sorry, if this was asked before, but is the Dev for this coin going to change? I have not read the last 20 pages cause of all the complaining and FUD.

It is my belief that sync does not need a full-time developer. All we need is a new wallet, a few fixes in the code and then to make sure it is all stable and working as it should. The current developers have shown no sign of interest in doing any of this, so it is my conclusion, that we should employ a new developer to sort it all out.

From there, we can then confer as a community and decide if we wish to employ further development for new features in the coin.

but the first step is a wallet which everyone can install without issues, and for everyone to be able to stake 100%, regardless of how much Sync they hold.  

would you consider this a fair assertion?

There still needs to be a minimum stake you cant take it all the way out to 1 sat it wont work.  I think no lower than .01.  I think that should be acceptable it will allow more staking and a low enough in point for the less fortunate.

this is something which we can all debate, and come to a sensible conclusion.
It is merely my own preference that everyone should be able to stake 100%, but I am always happy to go with the majority.

I've laid down my opinion, 100% for all... perhaps we can have more voices in the debate before it is decided ?

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:22:44 PM

I have sent a personal message to MsCollec, requesting the private keys to allow a new developer to look through the code.

I will update as and when there is new relevant info that you should all be aware of.

Basically, all that I am concerned with, regarding Sync, is that we should have a V2 wallet (most likely on a new fork) and that everyone is able to stake 100% per annum, regardless of the amount of stake you hold.

I should make it clear, that as a few of you have sent me personal messages - I am not taking over the coin, I simply want to move it forwards for the good of it's community.

Sync is not anyone's personal belonging, it belongs to us all, so may I suggest, we all work together to make sure it is active, working and eventually, revived to the value it deserves.

thanks

Sorry, if this was asked before, but is the Dev for this coin going to change? I have not read the last 20 pages cause of all the complaining and FUD.

It is my belief that sync does not need a full-time developer. All we need is a new wallet, a few fixes in the code and then to make sure it is all stable and working as it should. The current developers have shown no sign of interest in doing any of this, so it is my conclusion, that we should employ a new developer to sort it all out.

From there, we can then confer as a community and decide if we wish to employ further development for new features in the coin.

but the first step is a wallet which everyone can install without issues, and for everyone to be able to stake 100%, regardless of how much Sync they hold.  

There still needs to be a minimum stake you cant take it all the way out to 1 sat it wont work.  I think no lower than .01.  I think that should be acceptable it will allow more staking and a low enough in point for the less fortunate.

It is merely my own preference that everyone should be able to stake 100%, but I am always happy to go with the majority.

I've laid down my opinion, 100% for all... perhaps we can have more voices in the debate before it is decided ?

I like everyone being able to stake but I am not a developer so i do not know if there is a reason to prevent this. If we can get it for everyone then we should do it. I just hope we get someone to make the new wallet soon. I hope that Mscollec hands of the keys to this coin so we can get it fixed. We could see if a new dev would take payment in sync because it encourages them to finish the work because 1 sync should be worth more then 1 BTC once everything is running smoothly. 
jnasm77

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:24:12 PM

thanks

What i am saying is techincally you HAVE to set a minimum somewhere because if you have 1 sat or 2 your stake is less than that and it cant go beyond 8 decimal places.  Unless you removed the max age but then people with small amounts will have to wait rediculously long to get stake and someone with 1 sat would have to wait a year or more to get there hundred percent. Set it at .0001 but you have to set it somewhere.
deephouse

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:25:57 PM

thanks

agree, will wait patiently for the new wallet now. Too bad I don't have BTC to spend to buy more SYNC  Angry Angry

raskul

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:26:25 PM

I like everyone being able to stake but I am not a developer so i do not know if there is a reason to prevent this. If we can get it for everyone then we should do it. I just hope we get someone to make the new wallet soon. I hope that Mscollec hands of the keys to this coin so we can get it fixed. We could see if a new dev would take payment in sync because it encourages them to finish the work because 1 sync should be worth more then 1 BTC once everything is running smoothly. 

thank you for your input.
do not worry about how a developer will be paid. relay your ideas, and opinions and let the sync community hear your voice  Smiley

raskul

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:28:54 PM

What i am saying is techincally you HAVE to set a minimum somewhere because if you have 1 sat or 2 your stake is less than that and it cant go beyond 8 decimal places.  Unless you removed the max age but then people with small amounts will have to wait rediculously long to get stake and someone with 1 sat would have to wait a year or more to get there hundred percent. Set it at .0001 but you have to set it somewhere.

Your arguments are actually a good explanation of why exactly; 100% for all, is fair.
sync is dirt cheap at the moment, so there is no reason it cannot be acquired easily.

I'm still giving respect to MsCollec (regardless of how this has turned out) that the idea is a long term investment - my hat is off to MsCollec for trying to bring us a coin which is quite unique.

raskul

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:30:19 PM

again, I have had issues with my wallet today.

my stake must have hit another orphan block, as it went OOS *oops* and I was forced to delete everything again except wallet.dat and sync.conf and resync.
these may seem like minor issues, but they are issues, nonetheless.

wankoran

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:35:20 PM

dev you must do something Angry

OPC: oQJ419pEiNRWzd5QgaTFm9Mu7s2DZJsphn
raskul

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:37:52 PM

[30/05/2014 15:24:12] newdev: there is an alert public key and private key
[30/05/2014 15:24:21] newdev: and a checkpoint public and private key
[30/05/2014 15:24:30] newdev: public keys are in the code
[30/05/2014 15:24:43] raskul: Ok, just so i know what we are asking for...
[30/05/2014 15:24:47] newdev: I will need the private keys to setup a checkpoint server

I have sent a PM to MsCollec asking for this information, so that I can pass it on.
the best thing MsCollec can do now is oblige, *quickly*

please.

s0urcec0de

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:49:38 PM

As an investor, I have no problem with this. We are a community, if there is a problem we work together to fix it. I'll donate 1 SYNC which cost me 0.5, to a new development fund that can be set-up to help pay for any work.

That is surely how it was sold to us (after fork), and the fairest for everybody involved.
kindofasaint

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:57:46 PM

Out of respect for others I won't mention the price at wich I got out but wow it is looking extremely tempting to jump back in at the current price.
The reasonable selling point for those of us who bought in early is way past and those still holding from back then will be rewarded. I think those who are currently selling at this ridiculous price are the ones who bought the last couple of days at high .1s. MsCollec had good intentions IMO.

jnasm77

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:58:31 PM

It is unlikely that a small amount would stake in one day but it is possible so in the event of such happenings  .00001 is the lowest minimum stake could be set mathematically because the daily stake on .00001 would be approximately .0000002, 3 if I rounded up. It would make more sense to set it at .0001 because it would be .00000027 per day.  There may also be technical issues with setting it that low, that is an issue for whoever codes it.  Personally I think .01 is reasonable, if sync went to 10BTC that would only be .1 btc to obtain it, a couple MH can get you that in a little over a week. It gives incentive to buy also, something to work towards. You have to remember these small amounts still could possibly have to wait the full thirty days to get their stake also.  So while your at it you could shorten the max age so small amounts stake faster. 7days maybe, that would keep the blockchain minting for sure.
MsCollec (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:58:41 PM

[30/05/2014 15:24:12] newdev: there is an alert public key and private key
[30/05/2014 15:24:21] newdev: and a checkpoint public and private key
[30/05/2014 15:24:30] newdev: public keys are in the code
[30/05/2014 15:24:43] raskul: Ok, just so i know what we are asking for...
[30/05/2014 15:24:47] newdev: I will need the private keys to setup a checkpoint server

I have sent a PM to MsCollec asking for this information, so that I can pass it on.
the best thing MsCollec can do now is oblige, *quickly*

please.

Do you know the damage that could be caused by someone holding the private key?  They could control the blockchain of the coin. Who's this new Dev?
iawgoM

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:00:56 PM

1. Stop the panic - if you wanna sell for this shitty price - do it and leave. Thank you.
2. Raskul - despite all the noise you made in last 50 pages, hats off for taking the initiative to fix this coin - we should all either help with this or GTFO
3. Lots of people strongly believed in this coin, mined, invested...and hope to at least return their investment if not double/triple/gazillinouple it. That's why we all have to support efforts to put this coin back on track, without further drama.
4. Yes. We all get it - syncing has problems, staking works/doesn't work. You just need to read the "temporary instructions" in last dozens of pages on how to try fixing your wallet. Your wallet isn't anything special, all the problems have been mentioned before, most of people managed to fix this - read!

As for actions from No. 2, whoever seriously plans do to something with coin - let us know. Lots of people can and are willing to help. If not in some kind of donation, at least with advice, knowledge, technical stuf...

Edit: I posted just after MsCollec. Ok, let's see what happens in next few days...
s0urcec0de

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:02:43 PM

Do you know the damage that could be caused by someone holding the private key?  They could control the blockchain of the coin. Who's this new Dev?

I think enough damage has already been caused don't you. A coin I paid 0.7 for, is now worth 0.08 on Mintpal.
jnasm77

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:05:09 PM

I think enough damage has already been caused don't you. A coin I paid 0.7 for, is now worth 0.08 on Mintpal.

Yeah but if someone decides to make another 1000 coins what will it be worth then?
s0urcec0de

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:06:33 PM

Yeah but if someone decides to make another 1000 coins what will it be worth then?

This coin has a cap of 10,000 coins. Read the spec.
jnasm77

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:07:31 PM

Its still possible to fork and double spend.
jnasm77

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:09:41 PM

Its still possible to fork and double spend.

With the private key you can change the specs. Thats the reason for a private key.
s0urcec0de

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:10:40 PM

With the private key you can change the specs. Thats the reason for a private key.

And who has that private key right now?
Pages: « 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 ... 593 »
  Print  

Jump to: