Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:22:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 [1074] 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
brother3

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:21:51 PM

NEVER do a rollback. I can't take any coin that does a rollback seriously, because then you've just elected the dev as your central authority. Why not just use fiat if you're ok with that?

I have to agree here!

We are discussing hypothetically regarding XC due to the recent hacks affecting Vericoin and Nxt of course   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
G-Bert

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:26:25 PM

Let me remind you guys, in our official forum you can find the official Price Speculation Topic, and the coin control Newb friendly guide, you can find both in my sig! Keep this topic clean for updates plz!

Just re-posting for all who are unaware as I was before reading.  Wink

I think im being retarded here, but i cant find the coin control guide...

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
The-C-Word

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:37:41 PM

oi oi... back up to 162  Smiley

Sweet, performing better than btc. And let's not forget there should be a white paper coming soon!

Either today, tomorrow, or Sunday!   Grin

A whitepaper is something XC desperately needs... especially with coins like mammoth and supercoin claiming to soon have the first decentralized trustless anon solution (that uses multisig).

XC has had this already available for over a month.

I agree brother.

I'm of the opinion we are too gentle with the competition.

We should do a thorough competitive analysis of us compared to other anon coins. New investors and people who don't read this forum frequently get lost in the sea of alt coins claiming to be anon/anonexchange!/EM!/trustless and for vast majority of them it's complete bullshit. Excuse my french.

Perhaps we should leave out the more established anon coins e.g. DRK and Monero and focus on the ones that peddle false promises and delayed functionality. I mean I just read the VOOT topic, are they FOR REAL? The topic title is "anon exchange released" and yet 50 pages later still no anon exchange released.

Then there is Mammoth coin spreading lies about Dan's tech, saying it's not trustless when it was trustless as proved by the blockchain since 7/7/2014.

Time to take off the kid gloves I think and come out fighting. Most coins in our position would be bashing all these pretenders... not with FUD but with facts!

I agree with this. We need to have a transparent, facts-based comparison to other coins with similar offerings.  It's like it's taboo to even mention other coins.  XC doesn't exist in a vacuum. There needs to be perspective and context. We want an influx of intelligent investors. Guess what what intelligent investors do? They compare. Why not make it simple for them? Many of us have been championing XC for so long that I sometimes think it's difficult for us to view things from the perspective of an impartial, curious investor.

I feel our community is mature enough to pull this off in a manner that does not promote the spread of fud, just the facts.
G-Bert

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:52:04 PM

Sweet, performing better than btc. And let's not forget there should be a white paper coming soon!

A whitepaper is something XC desperately needs... especially with coins like mammoth and supercoin claiming to soon have the first decentralized trustless anon solution (that uses multisig).

I agree brother.

We should do a thorough competitive analysis of us compared to other anon coins. New investors and people who don't read this forum frequently get lost in the sea of alt coins claiming to be anon/anonexchange!/EM!/trustless and for vast majority of them it's complete bullshit. Excuse my french.

Perhaps we should leave out the more established anon coins e.g. DRK and Monero and focus on the ones that peddle false promises and delayed functionality. I mean I just read the VOOT topic, are they FOR REAL? The topic title is "anon exchange released" and yet 50 pages later still no anon exchange released.

Then there is Mammoth coin spreading lies about Dan's tech, saying it's not trustless when it was trustless as proved by the blockchain since 7/7/2014.

Time to take off the kid gloves I think and come out fighting. Most coins in our position would be bashing all these pretenders... not with FUD but with facts!

I agree with this. We need to have a transparent, facts-based comparison to other coins with similar offerings.  It's like it's taboo to even mention other coins.  XC doesn't exist in a vacuum. There needs to be perspective and context. We want an influx of intelligent investors. Guess what what intelligent investors do? They compare. Why not make it simple for them? Many of us have been championing XC for so long that I sometimes think it's difficult for us to view things from the perspective of an impartial, curious investor.

I feel our community is mature enough to pull this off in a manner that does not promote the spread of fud, just the facts.

Hows about, in the future if anyone comes across a thread claiming things that are untrue, they post the link in this thread, and we reply with the facts, politely, and set them straight.

(this is what i have basically been doing if i see any bullshit on other threads)

Most other threads I have come across are filled with posts of people just giving each other abuse and going off on one. If we reply maturely, any serious investor is gonna know where to go Wink

Teka (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:28:15 PM

Hi Guys,

Sorry I've been unavailable today but I was celebrating today's polish holiday. Best way to contact me is via twitter: @drasticraven or here via pm since it's sent straight to my phone.

Thanks
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:40:46 PM

Don't want to tempt fate, im probably wrong, but it looks to me like XC is starting to move away from ridiculous cheap area... These prices will look very good next week I imagine and we will have many on the board saying please drop onto my buy orders at 190...

You have to love the human condition, as soon as something starts going up, you watch, certain people will want it down again just so they can then get their share before it rises.....

My advice.. Get in soon...

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
braxx

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:47:05 PM

I agree brother.

Hows about, in the future if anyone comes across a thread claiming things that are untrue, they post the link in this thread, and we reply with the facts, politely, and set them straight.

(this is what i have basically been doing if i see any bullshit on other threads)

Most other threads I have come across are filled with posts of people just giving each other abuse and going off on one. If we reply maturely, any serious investor is gonna know where to go Wink
believe me G-bert... we tried... but a so called dev with a self-mod thread is not happy with xc-facts... so he delete's them
things turned ugly so we stopped... useless to argue with a stubborn guy.
we know he was talking BS
rockstahh

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:58:49 PM

what is the best bitcoin wallet? (im moving my btc off the exchange)

1MKvsb5ULZrJqX9UjBpgESvfn5ftSg85qH
G-Bert

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:02:03 PM

I agree brother.

believe me G-bert... we tried... but a so called dev with a self-mod thread is not happy with xc-facts... so he delete's them
things turned ugly so we stopped... useless to argue with a stubborn guy.
we know he was talking BS

Yeah,  I did see that.  Not really sure what the solution is when you got a self moderated thread and any reasonable replies get deleted.  I cant see them getting very far though,  don't think we got much to worry about there though.

shakesbear

Activity: 684

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:09:27 PM

Here is my 2cent on the whether we should roll back in case of we get hacked.

We shouldn't talk about it until we actually have to cross that bridge .

If we all agree we would never roll back,  it only makes us a bigger target for hackers.

On the other hand, if we all agree to rollback, it will give hackers less incentive to hack us. Since he won't gain anything.

So the smart thing to do for now is just not talking about it and do not commit to    anything

Thank you guys

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:15:21 PM

Hi guys , been gone for a while,
I really like the position we are in right now after this crypto doom the last couple of days. funny how alts went first and then BTC followed.
A lot of hints in other threads that people look into xc right now.

I think this would be the perfect timing for a XC>USD , XC>€ market somewhere.
Would emancipate us futher from BTC and hold of all those anon up and comers acting like some big shot lately. hope this is in the works somewhere. be it cryptsy, better than nothing.

Also funny observation:
 in this hell week for crypto i noticed some weird positive press in major german media. no mention of the latest crash like they used to on every chance. almost advertising BTC in mainstream tv and online media. How was it in your countries?

?!bennscammed!?

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:37:14 PM

Hello, there is a small exchange called "Bleutrade" i mentioned it some weeks ago that XCurrency is also tradable there but it seems nobody has read it, maybe its because of my status?

Anyways you can trade XC/USD
https://bleutrade.com/exchange/XC/USD

if one of you is going to sign in, maybe you want to use my ref link.
https://bleutrade.com/exchange/773

cheers
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:39:00 PM

Hi guys , been gone for a while,
I really like the position we are in right now after this crypto doom the last couple of days. funny how alts went first and then BTC followed.
A lot of hints in other threads that people look into xc right now.

Would emancipate us futher from BTC and hold of all those anon up and comers acting like some big shot lately. hope this is in the works somewhere. be it cryptsy, better than nothing.

Also funny observation:
 in this hell week for crypto i noticed some weird positive press in major german media. no mention of the latest crash like they used to on every chance. almost advertising BTC in mainstream tv and online media. How was it in your countries?

Similar hoer, and talk of paypal and ebay , making more moves to integrate virtual currencies.

I agree 100% on the XC chatter... Its hard to believe but I do think people are only just catching on to the fact that

A. We are here
B. We are the number 1
C. We are a platform as much as a currency and are building something much more than just a coin
D. We have a non vaporware dev who is making this his life mission to do something amazing, and he has the capability / team behind him to back it up

Could not be much happier here at this point.... And thats with XC @ 160!

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:46:15 PM

Hello, there is a small exchange called "Bleutrade" i mentioned it some weeks ago that XCurrency is also tradable there but it seems nobody has read it, maybe its because of my status?

cheers

cool thanks for the info, missed that, whats the deposit options for dollars?
G-Bert

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:47:54 PM

I have bought all my Bitcoins from bittylicious (uk)  they accept GBP for other currencies like doge,  drk  etc.  It would be great if we could be added there.  Anyone else from the UK wanna help by emailing them?

?!bennscammed!?

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:53:56 PM

cheers

cool thanks for the info, missed that, whats the deposit options for dollars?

At the moment there is only http://payeer.com
heres a mail i received from Bleutrade today...USD option was implemented yesterday.

"Now you can trade Bitcoin and other cryptomoedas with US Dollar in Bleutrade.
As you know, we are constantly implementing new solutions in order to facilitate the possibility of expanding the users of our negotiations.
Payeer was the first payment system to be integrated into Bleutrade.
Soon we will bring new innovations to you."
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 09:57:58 PM

You can buy XC directly from www.litebit.eu if you didn't know that yet, although it is way more expensive then when you buy Bitcoins first and then exchange them for XC.
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:21:23 PM

I have bought all my Bitcoins from bittylicious (uk)  they accept GBP for other currencies like doge,  drk  etc.  It would be great if we could be added there.  Anyone else from the UK wanna help by emailing them?

I believe we also need quite a bit of uk xc sellers in order for bittylicious to add us.
G-Bert

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:35:31 PM

I believe we also need quite a bit of uk xc sellers in order for bittylicious to add us.

Yeah good point.  I'm certainly not selling! 

CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:49:15 PM

Yeah good point.  I'm certainly not selling! 

Selling XC now will be like buying a pizza for 10k btc back then.

Pages: « 1 ... 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 [1074] 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: