Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:50:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 [882] 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984190 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jadedjack

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 09:47:12 PM

To make NEM successfull you need to answer the ultimate question. Why should anyone (private NOR commercial) use NEM instead of Bitcoin? If you can answer this, assure everyone about this an spread the word. That's the only way to make NEM successful and independent.

In fact there is no huge difference between any crypto currency. It all comes to the community and the economy behind any crypto. Today there is no real solid value in switching to NEM from any other crypto. However, in the very near future there will be tons of reasons. For instance, decentralized asset exchange is one huge advantage that will be coming live in the very near future. In addition to asset exchange, NEM will support smart contracts. These are huge advantages over all other cryptos.

For now NEM would be better in terms of:
- No inflation.
- Multi signature transactions.
- Encrypted messaging.
- Light weight blockchain/algorithm.
- Prove of importance "will be more valuable in the future when NEM gets more popular".

I don't think there is any other crypto that can have multiple harvesters "miners" working in parallel, each independent from the others, but on the same node.

BadaBing
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 12:49:00 AM

To make NEM successfull you need to answer the ultimate question. Why should anyone (private NOR commercial) use NEM instead of Bitcoin? If you can answer this, assure everyone about this an spread the word. That's the only way to make NEM successful and independent.
This can also be said for 99% of other alts.
We need time and marketing, so do alot of other coins, NXT is lacking in this area too, but we just need time.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
nvaler

Activity: 68

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:12:31 AM

this coin is highly innovative and lightweight.

I wish u guys all the best!!!........i bought a lot !! what a bargain
gon

Activity: 460
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:13:43 AM

How much is a lot?
I´m just thinking about investition.
nvaler

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:14:16 AM

agree, we need time....

This can also be said for 99% of other alts.
We need time and marketing, so do alot of other coins, NXT is lacking in this area too, but we just need time.
nvaler

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:15:38 AM

Finally a thread without people who misunderstand the concept of free speech Smiley

spot on!!! ohhh yeah!!!
nvaler

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:17:47 AM

you the guy that was making numerous 1.4 btc buys and jacked up the volume? Smiley

that must be another buy...i am cheap...i buy .2 btc at a time...that could be a whale or someone who knows XEM has many potentials.

congrats on the technical paper, it was awesome!!! I have not seen anything similar to it...done by professional PhD / PhD students  / PhD in Mathematics ...

its just AWESOME!!!
NoirSuccubus

Activity: 353
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 02:03:17 AM

NEM has a massive fund set aside for marketing, so the potential is there. How I feel is we have 1 shot at doing something right, why should we rush it? Should the development team start spending marketing funds now while we still have features in development, or should we wait and market heavily after v1? I'd expect the latter to be more effective.

It's like spending money on an ad, "Hey, buy this car. One day it'll go 100 miles on the gallon, but right now we're still working on that feature."
I think if we pump money into marketing right now, it will mostly be targeting the "investor" type of people. The hype will cause a lot of buying pressure, causing the price to go up too fast. If the v1 features aren't rolled out in a timely manner we'll see a lot of disappointed holders, lots of complaining and we'll likely see a very slow devaluation back to pre marketing levels.

If we don't rush this, and take it slow I think this will happen. More than likely we'll see the antsy "investors" selling early, remember these are the people that are only here for the money. The development team will ninja launch features and over time we'll see a slow healthy growth in price while bringing in real USERS.
nvaler

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 02:32:30 AM

I just read the latest release and I was amazed!!!

I hope XEM will be used to be studied by Computer Science student as it truly represent Bitcoin 2.0 it solves all the dadvantages of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies!!!

goodluck guys!!!
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 02:34:55 AM

For now NEM would be better in terms of:
- No inflation.
- Multi signature transactions.
- Encrypted messaging.
- Light weight blockchain/algorithm.

None of these are unique feature. You are competing against dozens of other coins. More seriously there is no interest in crypto outside of people who are already involved  (99%  of them are speculators  hoping to make money in future, rest are scammers or drug dealers).

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
sdersdf3

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:48:58 AM

NEM has a massive fund set aside for marketing, so the potential is there. How I feel is we have 1 shot at doing something right, why should we rush it? Should the development team start spending marketing funds now while we still have features in development, or should we wait and market heavily after v1? I'd expect the latter to be more effective.

It's like spending money on an ad, "Hey, buy this car. One day it'll go 100 miles on the gallon, but right now we're still working on that feature."
I think if we pump money into marketing right now, it will mostly be targeting the "investor" type of people. The hype will cause a lot of buying pressure, causing the price to go up too fast. If the v1 features aren't rolled out in a timely manner we'll see a lot of disappointed holders, lots of complaining and we'll likely see a very slow devaluation back to pre marketing levels.

If we don't rush this, and take it slow I think this will happen. More than likely we'll see the antsy "investors" selling early, remember these are the people that are only here for the money. The development team will ninja launch features and over time we'll see a slow healthy growth in price while bringing in real USERS.

i fully agree, and i think most of the team does too but i obviously cant speak on there behalf. advertising at this stage would be closer to spam really. i looked into advertising costs on the likes of cointelegraph and coinmarketcap and some other sites, but the cost i think far outweighs what ever benefit we would get. once more features are rolled out and the marketcap is higher, only then would spending large amounts of money on advertising be a worth while venture. until then, we should focus on producing ground breaking tech and getting the platform to stage where it can be used for a wide variety of uses. so in that respect, it really doesnt make sense to blow huge amounts of funding pre-V1.

I think NEM would see serious action if at least some of the top devs / whitepaper authors (particularly the PhD guys) went public with their identities. Reputation counts for a lot - especially these days. Many people dont pay attention to what you do unless there's a big name / university attached to it - then they read what you put it out and follow what you say. A proper academic working paper formatted the way academic papers usually are - with the identities and university affiliations of the main authors - could help give XEM some of the credibility it needs to rise from the sea of anonymous crypto coins that many people dont seem to take very seriously anymore.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 06:08:43 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2015, 06:50:58 AM by jabo38

Announcement

The general plan for NEM node rewards has been drafted and is now ready for public comment. If you have any queries, comments or suggestions you would like to make to improve this program, please post them at the forum or at the blog.  You can download the draft here

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 06:11:00 AM

i fully agree, and i think most of the team does too but i obviously cant speak on there behalf. advertising at this stage would be closer to spam really. i looked into advertising costs on the likes of cointelegraph and coinmarketcap and some other sites, but the cost i think far outweighs what ever benefit we would get. once more features are rolled out and the marketcap is higher, only then would spending large amounts of money on advertising be a worth while venture. until then, we should focus on producing ground breaking tech and getting the platform to stage where it can be used for a wide variety of uses. so in that respect, it really doesnt make sense to blow huge amounts of funding pre-V1.

I think NEM would see serious action if at least some of the top devs / whitepaper authors (particularly the PhD guys) went public with their identities. Reputation counts for a lot - especially these days. Many people dont pay attention to what you do unless there's a big name / university attached to it - then they read what you put it out and follow what you say. A proper academic working paper formatted the way academic papers usually are - with the identities and university affiliations of the main authors - could help give XEM some of the credibility it needs to rise from the sea of anonymous crypto coins that many people dont seem to take very seriously anymore.

Makoto (a core dev and inventor of PoI) has been to conferences representing NEM and has been attending NEM meetups in Japan.  

Other people like myself also use real names too and also attend meetings and conferences.  

sirnoah

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:18:06 AM

nice... XEM will explode....my spider sense is tingling...
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 06:19:02 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2015, 07:02:30 AM by makoto1337

Announcement

The general plan for NEM node rewards has been drafted and is now ready for public comment. If you have any queries, comments or suggestions you would like to make to improve this program, please post them at the forum or at the blog.  You can download the draft here

Or comment on muut here: https://muut.com/neweconomy#!/community-fund-dao:node-rewards-programme-whit

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
svenw

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:20:08 AM

I absolutely support NEM
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:40:08 AM

Idea to going public with their indentity is great.
It means a lot for a new investors, that dev's are standing by their project with real indentity

IOTA
sdersdf3

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:53:34 AM

It means a lot for a new investors, that dev's are standing by their project with real indentity

Exactly - that's the other aspect of it that gives investors in this skeptical/cynical crypto climate a lot more confidence. Just look at the history of crypto itself. Some of the biggest gains (at least initially) went to coins with devs who went public. I remember DRK and XC had some of the biggest earliest altcoin surges when their devs went public. People have been burned to often by anon devs on other coins, and many dont understand the tech innovation. But they do understand when an expert in the field is backing things. It matters.
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:55:55 AM

Exactly - that's the other aspect of it that gives investors in this skeptical/cynical crypto climate a lot more confidence. Just look at the history of crypto itself. Some of the biggest gains (at least initially) went to coins with devs who went public. I remember DRK and XC had some of the biggest earliest altcoin surges when their devs went public. People have been burned to often by anon devs on other coins, and many dont understand the tech innovation. But they do understand when an expert in the field is backing things. It matters.

There are people that hate NEM. And I do mean hate. I'm not sure they have proper reason but that's not the point. Going public as being a core dev and decision maker in NEM is like paiting a target on your back and shouting "Come get me".

It would be great for the project but potentially disastrous for the people.

sdersdf3

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 07:38:05 AM

There are people that hate NEM. And I do mean hate. I'm not sure they have proper reason but that's not the point. Going public as being a core dev and decision maker in NEM is like paiting a target on your back and shouting "Come get me".

It would be great for the project but potentially disastrous for the people.

Sad to say, but that's undoubtedly true. It's the sort of negative dynamic / negative feedback loop that I fear is driving the entire crypto ecosystem down the drain.

You don't get trust if you don't give trust - you don't trust people, people don't trust you - distrust breeds more distrust.

Tech is great. Unfortunately, human nature sucks. And down goes the collective market cap of the crypto ecosystem over time. Hopefully, someone comes up with a new innovation to get around these issues.
Pages: « 1 ... 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 [882] 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: