Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:43:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984069 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 07:43:17 AM

I see the patient is reacting well to the treatment. We are moving in the right direction.  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 07:51:50 AM

i have some nem from the nxt exchange, now what do i do?

HODL

right, i got that,
but how do i claim my stake, my replies arn't being replied too
ibought from next exchange

It doesn't quite work like that. All you need to do is hold onto your stake, and after the official launch, you will trade your NEMtoken for NEM (1 token will equal aprox. 1,000,000NEM)

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
Simakki

Activity: 697

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 07:58:12 AM

i have some nem from the nxt exchange, now what do i do?

HODL

right, i got that,
but how do i claim my stake, my replies arn't being replied too
ibought from next exchange

It doesn't quite work like that. All you need to do is hold onto your stake, and after the official launch, you will trade your NEMtoken for NEM (1 token will equal aprox. 1,000,000NEM)

And with NEMtokens, you have to wait two weeks after launch to trade it to real NEM.

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
xtester

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:01:17 AM

I oppose pre launch public auction, as that means 400 BTC IPO is going into someone pocket  at current prices.

If developers want 400 BTC more, why they also need 15% stake too  (which is 600 million Nem)

Im thinking quite same, what is the purpose for collect more BTC ? Otherwise, could we use that money to big marketing campaign or made bounties to new devs ? Or just share all btc with old stake holders  Grin

It's basically designed to collect even more money.

So first we had an IPO (which we are not supposed to call "IPO") that collected 60+ BTC and several thousand Nxt.

Then we will have a second IPO where 200 more stakes are "auctioned" again for even BTC, this time at muh higher prices (potentially 400 BTC).

Double the fun.

Then 15% developer stakes and 10% more reserved for future (25%) -- and no answer on what will happen to unclaimed stakes that could be as high as 25% more (making 50% controlled by "developers")

I agree that things are a little bit too shady now about how the funds will be used. Many things have been decided by "the community", but in the end only a handful of people have had any influence to the decisions made.

I think that the decision making should be much more transparent. More voting on the official NEM forums (there should be more urging here on BTT to register there) and let the stakeholders have a say on how these reserved NEMs should be used in NEM's benefit. I agree on that we need a big fund to promote NEM, but we also need to be much more transparent about the use of this fund.

Also, how will be the BTC collected from the auction be used? Will this go to promotion fund, too?

Eadeqa, this is the reason why we had a call to participation and not an IPO: http://www.sec.gov/News/PressRelease/Detail/PressRelease/1370541972520#.U5_yiigVcSq, and it has very important legal implications. UP thought of this and lead us to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voluntary_association.

The auction as you may remember emerged as an idea from the community(while NXT AE wasn't around and wasn't even a though) with the purpose to attract a good deal of attention and helping a lot of other people to join before our official launch(There was a high demand for it). After we did the NXT AE listing the auction remained in place because of the same reason and because it is still relatively hard for new people to buy NEM via NXT AE.
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:12:15 AM

The auction as you may remember emerged as an idea from the community(while NXT AE wasn't around and wasn't even a though) with the purpose to attract a good deal of attention and helping a lot of other people to join before our official launch(There was a high demand for it). After we did the NXT AE listing the auction remained in place because of the same reason and because it is still relatively hard for new people to buy NEM via NXT AE.

There is a big difference. Nxt AE trades are done among users. The auction money will again be controlled  by the "developers". Why so much centralized money controlled by just a few people? That's in addition to 25% Nem that they will control and nothing yet known about what will happen to unclaimed stakes (could be 25% more -- potentially making total 50% controlled by a just a few).

If they want to do auction, how about doing it with their 15% of the stake (which is equal to 600 stakes a very big chunk)

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Simakki

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 08:26:29 AM

There is a big difference. Nxt AE trades are done among users. The auction money will again be controlled  by the "developers". Why so much centralized money controlled by just a few people? That's in addition to 25% Nem that they will control and nothing yet known about what will happen to unclaimed stakes (could be 25% more -- potentially making total 50% controlled by a just a few).

If they want to do auction, how about doing it with their 15% of the stake (which is equal to 600 stakes a very big chunk)

If auction will be held, i hope that collected money will be used for the development process before the launch. In this case we need transparency and puplic vote system to determinate how the money will be spend and who is in charge of the process.

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
kattokassinen

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:29:37 AM

I also agree with xtester on that the auction will give NEM great publicity. It should push NEM further. But there should be much more democracy on the way these funds are being used. I suggest that stakeholders would be urged to register on the official NEM forums, and have things decided by voting by the original stakeholders.
xtester

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:50:57 AM

Please refrain from unsubstantiated claims or speculation. As with everything until now, there will surely be a discussion about the unclaimed stakes.

The auction still seems to be in the best interest of the project and community.

You must remember that until now "developers" have done almost everything themselves and put an awful lot of hard work, while you and me have received a stake that is already almost 100x of what we payed.

As you can see we are going through some changes and still strive to solve all problems that emerge while focusing on what is really important: moving forward with the development and preparing for the alpha launch. I think we have had enough FUD the last couple of days, so the least we could offer the dev team is some support and understanding as a community while we move forward and try to solve problems with the best interest of the project in mind.

Anyway, what are your reasons fro opposing the auction?
mattadc

Activity: 426
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 08:52:44 AM

As a proud NEM stakeholder....blah, blah.....I still have one question:

Can anyone actually tell me wtf UP actually did ?
I've seen everything from "oh, it was only one sockpuppet he made by mistake" up to "UtopianFuture makes $100,000 sellling NEMstake, then disappears in a puff of smoke"

So I'm curious as to where the truth might be.....

In his words he said he had "a few" sockpuppet accounts, another source said he had 60, though I never saw any sort of justification for that number. So probably somewhere between 3 and 60. Some of the inside crew could probably shed some light on the subject.

In the forthcoming statement (by Jaguar?) could be clarified also the stakes-gate,
there seems to be a lot of open stakes
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=650274.msg7317196#msg7317196

If the stakes are not marked to anyone then it is the question of the control:
who controls the money accounts, where are the collected "IPO" moneys, and who controls the stakes, which have not been delivered?

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Eadeqa

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:55:40 AM

Because it's a second IPO before the launch to collect even more money.  The stakes should be divided equally among the current stakeholders.

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
xtester

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:07:45 AM

Because it's a second IPO before the launch to collect even more money.  The stakes should be divided equally among the current stakeholders.

Don't see any good reason there.

With 1) your are missing the point and 2) seems only in the short-term interest of the current stakeholders.
jenea4pda

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

Iota and JINN

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:15:16 AM

Why you so worring about money? what have exactly You done for this project??? may be NEM community have already hire you to count money or what???
This is not your money! Stop worring about this! this is not your problem at all-ok?

www.iotatoken.com                      https://twitter.com/iotatoken
Iota is a brand new and novel micro-transaction cryptotoken optimized for the Internet-of-Things (IoT). Unlike the complex and heavy blockchains of Bitcoin and the like, which were designed with other uses in mind, Iota is created to be as lightweight as possible, hence the name "Iota" with emphasis on the ‘IoT’ part.
Simakki

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 09:38:45 AM

Because it's a second IPO before the launch to collect even more money.  The stakes should be divided equally among the current stakeholders.

Why you so worring about money? what have exactly You done for this project??? may be NEM community have already hire you to count money or what???
This is not your money! Stop worring about this! this is not your problem at all-ok?

IMO about the auction. If NEM will do it we, we have to prepare determination about purpose of funding, just like a companies and start-ups do. These companies does not seek funding without clear plan or just for the puplicity. Newbie and possible investors will seek answers and ask questions related to purpose of funding. Without clear evidence and strategy, i'm pretty to sure that we'll here scam-screams and so on.

Check out Betsikingi
Eadeqa

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:45:08 AM

Because it's a second IPO before the launch to collect even more money.  The stakes should be divided equally among the current stakeholders.

Why you so worring about money?

I as a stakeholder am entitled worry, especially after the leadership has proven to be not honest.   If this whole project is a money making scheme for just 8 people, lets say it straight.

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
jenea4pda

Iota and JINN

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:50:57 AM

Why you so worring about money?

I as a stakeholder am entitled worry, especially after the leadership has proven to be not honest.   If this whole project is a money making scheme for just 8 people, lets say it straight.

Ok friend, ok, I'm stakeholder as well and of course, i'm worring about the future of our project! believe, that now on first plan we must wait until our great DEVS trying to do the best!!!
When NEM will be ready like a coin and ecosystem, we can SURELY think about money...
Cheers man.

Edit: did we all togheter( NEM stakeholders) not make money as well? we put 50$ now we can take 1500$-2000$ not bad profit? and what we have done for that? did we work hard?

Iota is a brand new and novel micro-transaction cryptotoken optimized for the Internet-of-Things (IoT). Unlike the complex and heavy blockchains of Bitcoin and the like, which were designed with other uses in mind, Iota is created to be as lightweight as possible, hence the name "Iota" with emphasis on the ‘IoT’ part.
jenea4pda

Iota and JINN

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:53:39 AM

IMO about the auction. If NEM will do it we, we have to prepare determination about purpose of funding, just like a companies and start-ups do. These companies does not seek funding without clear plan or just for the puplicity. Newbie and possible investors will seek answers and ask questions related to purpose of funding. Without clear evidence and strategy, i'm pretty to sure that we'll here scam-screams and so on.

Auction money: why not to use it for promotion of NEM? we can all togheter vote and will decide what will be better choise to use auction money-not bad idea?
As much we will promote NEM as much we will be rich! Think about this!

Simakki

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 09:56:13 AM

Auction money: why not to use it for promotion of NEM? we can all togheter vote and will decide what will be better choise to use auction money-not bad idea?

That would be good for the community, but i believe that decision about purpose of funds gathered in second "IPO" must be terminated before the actual auction.

Check out Betsikingi
jenea4pda

Iota and JINN

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:59:59 AM

That would be good for the community, but i believe that decision about purpose of funds gathered in second "IPO" must be terminated before the actual auction.
may be this is good idea, but at first WE(NEM community) must concentrate to make more free time to DEVS to do job(coding and so on)!

mattadc

Activity: 426
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 10:02:44 AM

As a proud NEM stakeholder....blah, blah.....I still have one question:

Can anyone actually tell me wtf UP actually did ?
I've seen everything from "oh, it was only one sockpuppet he made by mistake" up to "UtopianFuture makes $100,000 sellling NEMstake, then disappears in a puff of smoke"

So I'm curious as to where the truth might be.....

In his words he said he had "a few" sockpuppet accounts, another source said he had 60, though I never saw any sort of justification for that number. So probably somewhere between 3 and 60. Some of the inside crew could probably shed some light on the subject.

In the forthcoming statement (by Jaguar?) could be clarified also the stakes-gate,
there seems to be a lot of open stakes
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=650274.msg7317196#msg7317196

If the stakes are not marked to anyone then it is the question of the control:
who controls the money accounts, where are the collected "IPO" moneys, and who controls the stakes, which have not been delivered?

The FUD continues until these things are clear. It is so simple. Right?  Huh

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
griffinriz

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:41:36 AM

Good to see self moderated thread and decent discussion.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: