Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:45:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984083 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
GreenDude

Activity: 531
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:43:11 AM

Love to see all this fud is not driving prices down even a bit and actually they seems to keep growing and be every moment more and more solid. With a lot of features and things in the very near future..a ll this trollis didn't move the prices down.  And already 500+ people got their stake. That is 1/6 of people and before alpha launch. That is quite amazing frankly. And those who didn't claim their stakes will not sell at this price obviously but higher. Good job
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Totem22

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:51:35 AM

As a proud NEM stakeholder....blah, blah.....I still have one question:

Can anyone actually tell me wtf UP actually did ?
I've seen everything from "oh, it was only one sockpuppet he made by mistake" up to "UtopianFuture makes $100,000 sellling NEMstake, then disappears in a puff of smoke"

So I'm curious as to where the truth might be.....

In his words he said he had "a few" sockpuppet accounts, another source said he had 60, though I never saw any sort of justification for that number. So probably somewhere between 3 and 60. Some of the inside crew could probably shed some light on the subject.

In the forthcoming statement (by Jaguar?) could be clarified also the stakes-gate,
there seems to be a lot of open stakes
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=650274.msg7317196#msg7317196

If the stakes are not marked to anyone then it is the question of the control:
who controls the money accounts, where are the collected "IPO" moneys, and who controls the stakes, which have not been delivered?

The FUD continues until these things are clear. It is so simple. Right?  ??

I thought that was clear from reading the development contract ? Undecided the development fund belongs to the development team. Stakeholder can choose to request a refund if they don't like it.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:58:23 AM

Anyway, what are your reasons fro opposing the auction?

Because it's a second IPO before the launch to collect even more money.  The stakes should be divided equally among the current stakeholders.

Why you so worring about money?

I as a stakeholder am entitled worry, especially after the leadership has proven to be not honest.   If this whole project is a money making scheme for just 8 people, lets say it straight.

Instead of spreading FUD you could just ask a straight question and wait until it is answered. You are not asking questions your are claiming the acution is a second IPO (which is funny cuz there was no first) and it's prupose is to gain more money.

The auction is to spread NEM even further.
Who do you think should have controll over the fund if not the core team ?
You can still request a refund if your not okay with how things are going.

Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:07:03 AM

Because it's a second IPO before the launch to collect even more money.  The stakes should be divided equally among the current stakeholders.

I as a stakeholder am entitled worry, especially after the leadership has proven to be not honest.   If this whole project is a money making scheme for just 8 people, lets say it straight.

Instead of spreading FUD you could just ask a straight question and wait until it is answered. You are not asking questions your are claiming the acution is a second IPO (which is funny cuz there was no first) and it's prupose is to gain more money.

Pat, as i already stated earlier in the unmoderated thread - i believe the FUD is spread by a one individual only, and he's using multiple accounts ( of which I believe are active here) spreading the same thing.

A few individuals in their posts stress the same arguments CfA did, using the same grammatical/spelling errors as him. It's not hard to point these users out.

I think it's important people don't think of this troll/fud spreading is as bad as it looks (After all, this is precisely what CfA is trying to achieve). It's all at worst, done by one or two users. CfA is a proven relentless troll and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it's all his handiwork.

Regardless what happens, or how intense this troll gets - I believe it's important to press on. as time goes by, there will be less and less ammunition for them to work with. Ultimately, in the end, those who sell based on such hollow arguments were never in NEM for the right reasons in the first place.
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 11:10:42 AM

How much have you invested?
Totem22

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:20:06 AM

The project is about building NEM to be the best payment system, best crowd funding system, best block chain etc. If all the dev team become fabulously rich along the way then they deserve it  Smiley
Thingamajig

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:23:16 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2014, 11:46:59 AM by Thingamajig

The project is about building NEM to be the best payment system, best crowd funding system, best block chain etc. If all the dev team become fabulously rich along the way then they deserve it  Smiley

Come-From-Above likes to stress the same thing. This is why i think you're just another one of his sockpuppet accounts because of such ridiculous statements. Intentionally misrepresenting NEM to justify CfA behavior is a really dick move otherwise.

Ok friend, ok, I'm stakeholder as well and of course, i'm worring about the future of our project! believe, that now on first plan we must wait until our great DEVS trying to do the best!!!
When NEM will be ready like a coin and ecosystem, we can SURELY think about money...
Cheers man.

Edit: did we all togheter( NEM stakeholders) not make money as well? we put 50$ now we can take 1500$-2000$ not bad profit? and what we have done for that? did we work hard?

Same with this user, emphasizing the same thing. (It also doesn't help Jeanea overuses the word "Friend", "Wow", and "u" like CfA) Jenea4pda is also one primary member who's frequently giving CfA attention in threads. This whole thing is just absolutely laughable.

I'd guarantee were there's a a Totem22 reply, a Jenea one isn't far behind. Same with any posts from CfA. In a nutshell; people NEED to stop giving attention to posts whereby there is no constructive criticism or truthful facts - because one thing is certain; you can rely on the troll(s) to reply to those sorts of posts for you.
abofj

Activity: 57

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:28:49 AM

As a proud NEM stakeholder....blah, blah.....I still have one question:

Can anyone actually tell me wtf UP actually did ?
I've seen everything from "oh, it was only one sockpuppet he made by mistake" up to "UtopianFuture makes $100,000 sellling NEMstake, then disappears in a puff of smoke"

So I'm curious as to where the truth might be.....

In his words he said he had "a few" sockpuppet accounts, another source said he had 60, though I never saw any sort of justification for that number. So probably somewhere between 3 and 60. Some of the inside crew could probably shed some light on the subject.

In the forthcoming statement (by Jaguar?) could be clarified also the stakes-gate,
there seems to be a lot of open stakes
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=650274.msg7317196#msg7317196

If the stakes are not marked to anyone then it is the question of the control:
who controls the money accounts, where are the collected "IPO" moneys, and who controls the stakes, which have not been delivered?

The FUD continues until these things are clear. It is so simple. Right?  ??

I thought that was clear from reading the development contract ? Undecided the development fund belongs to the development team. Stakeholder can choose to request a refund if they don't like it.

During the last days it has looked like the  NEM community is pushed with not so essential claims about utopianfuture's stakes; "he had 60 stakes", "ran away with 200 000 dollars" and so on.

Are there in the contract exact amounts ?
If not, where the FUDders get the numbers? Their numbers must be possible to be proven false. Until that all kinds of FUDing is possible.
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 11:44:13 AM

Let me address some of the issues.

Regarding dev fund, as of today UF already spend 10.5BTC for UI/UX. And the estimate is another 10btc till Aug.
The dev fund is controlled by dev team, the accounts are in first post.

There are/were two main reasons for public auction:
  • get more stakeholder, to have 3000 stakes altogether,
  • get funds for future work (mainly for external expenses),
  • public auction would most likely be held AFTER BETA.

When it comes to me (and I think I express view of other devs too), I'm here for NEM, not for btc.
Whether public auction will be held (I think it should as it was promised), and how many stakes
will there be, is TBD. We will definitely take Eadeqa's fears and doubts into consideration.
(Give us few days time for some internal discussion)

Regarding 15%, keep in mind there is 400/100/100 split there, so it's not only dev but also promotion and ecosystem.

The 10% reserve, is supposed to go for FUTURE projects and it will be LOCKED (using NEM business rules).

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:45:47 AM

how do i claim my stake from the nxt exchange!?
formula1

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:27:09 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2014, 12:52:39 PM by formula1

When it comes to me (and I think I express view of other devs too), I'm here for NEM, not for btc.
Whether public auction will be held (I think it should as it was promised), and how many stakes
will there be, is TBD. We will definitely take Eadeqa's fears and doubts into consideration.

Regarding 15%, keep in mind there is 400/100/100 split there, so it's not only dev but also promotion and ecosystem.

The 10% reserve, is supposed to go for FUTURE projects and it will be LOCKED (using NEM business rules).

Very reasonable IMO. I am an early investor in Nxt and a stake holder in NEM and allow me to chime in my perspective here: Eadeqa's FUD is widely off the mark.

When Nxt was out of the genesis block there were a radom 8 people who held 5% of the total coin each. There were at least two other peope who sent the Btc twice or more and they had 5% of the total coin each too. Comparing to NEM current scheme in which the core dev. get about 2% for doing allmost all the works up to V1 blockchain (which is up to current Nxt blockchain specification as I understand).

I am questioning this Eadeqa's motive. He doesn't care that a random person holding 5% of Nxt but worry so much that a NEM core developer getting 2%? Isn't is suspicisous ? I would demand his explanation before considering any of his FUD request.

As a business owner and a technocrat myself, I believe in hardwork being rewarded. As a regular investor (in other businesses), I am always looking for the clues that the key people of that entities having proper incentives for doing a good job of running the show. As a NEM stakeholder, I think it is the best for NEM that the core dev. and other key peope in marketing and business having a sizeable chunk of NEM so that they have an interest in developing and building NEM for a longer term success.

Add: As a community, we have to treat our developers well. They are NEM founders and deserve to be treated as such.
nembit86

Activity: 588

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:55:11 PM

Very reasonable IMO. I am an early investor in Nxt and a stake holder in NEM and allow me to chime in my perspective here: Eadeqa's FUD is widely off the mark.

When Nxt was out of the genesis block there were a radom 8 people who held 5% of the total coin each. There were at least two other peope who sent the Btc twice or more and they had 5% of the total coin each too. Comparing to NEM current scheme in which the core dev. get about 2% for doing allmost all the works up to V1 blockchain (which is up to current Nxt blockchain specification as I understand).

I am questioning this Eadeqa's motive. He doesn't care that a random person holding 5% of Nxt but worry so much that a NEM core developer getting 2%? Isn't is suspicisous ? I would demand his explanation before considering any of his FUD request.

As a business owner and a technocrat myself, I believe in hardwork being rewarded. As a regular investor (in other businesses), I am always looking for the clues that the key people of that entities having proper incentives for doing a good job of running the show. As a NEM stakeholder, I think it is the best for NEM that the core dev. and other key peope in marketing and business having a sizeable chunk of NEM so that they have an interest in developing and building NEM for a longer term success.  

I agree with what's being said here. I thought at first that more coins to existing stakeholders would be good but now I'm not so sure. Once stakeholders got their 'extras' it would be more unlikely for fresh ideas to be funded. Obviously the developers must be more trusted than the average stakeholder to keep funds for future advancements of the project considering their time already spent on it.
   Hopefully with their commitment 1000000 nem coins will be enough for each holder to prosper tremendously.

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 12:59:32 PM

I actually want the developers to have a little extra.  I think it is a very wise move.  The thing is, we have quite a few very talented developers working for us.  If they have extra NEM stakes, they will be more motivated to work hard and improve the code.  They won't ever be paid anything more after NEM is released, so for the code to be improved, people will have to want to work on it.  If the NEM developers are well invested in NEM, they could work more diligently on NEM trying to make it better and better.  Once NEM is better, their stakes value goes up and while it isn't exactly getting paid, it does mean they will get richer for their hard work.  

For me, the balance is the developers having enough to be incentivised to work more in the future, yet not have too much to make the system unbalanced.  Where those numbers are exactly suppose to be, I can not really say.  For me, I am probably okay with what the community decides.  

I think right now the most powerful thing about NEM is our narrative.  We are a group of people that have come together to make something great.  We believe that all people should have an equal and fair chance (though not all be equal in the end, already some have sold and some have bought more).  To keep this narrative we need to make sure that the developers are rewarded to keep on developing, but not an amount that seems unfair.  

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 01:15:12 PM

It's the NxT people.  I'm an early adopter of NxT and Eadeqa is on that forum saying bad things about NEM.  

Ever since first month NxT people have been trolling NEM, and only NEM.  They've feared NEM since the beginning.   NEM is everything NxT but without NxT's bad distribution (20 whales who took almost everything and another 50 got scraps) and NEM has a big community.

NxT's capitalization almost doubled just from NEM trading on their asset exchange and it's still the #1 asset.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 01:18:22 PM

Please stop to answer in this arrogant way, and tell people to refund.
NEM´s biggest goal is to attract as much people as possible.

And a take it or leave it mentality doesn´t build a great community.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
formula1

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 01:28:21 PM

Please stop to answer in this arrogant way, and tell people to refund.
NEM´s biggest goal is to attract as much people contributors as possible.

And a take it or leave it mentality doesn´t build a great community.

People disagree and part away. That's normal.
Thingamajig

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 01:47:39 PM

It's the NxT people.  I'm an early adopter of NxT and Eadeqa is on that forum saying bad things about NEM.  

Ever since first month NxT people have been trolling NEM, and only NEM.  They've feared NEM since the beginning.   NEM is everything NxT but without NxT's bad distribution (20 whales who took almost everything and another 50 got scraps) and NEM has a big community.

NxT's capitalization almost doubled just from NEM trading on their asset exchange and it's still the #1 asset.

This. This cannot be stressed enough.
abstraktalias

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 01:52:24 PM

So is patmast3r now in charge of distributing the remaining 500 + tokens or is someone else responsible for that?  Some clarification on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Who has access to this NXT account (13254208495541261949)? Patmast3r?

How many NEM tokens have been requested & issued since this Utopian Future situation happened? 

Thanks in advance for answering. 
Thingamajig

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 01:54:03 PM

"TaunSew" what is your reason for your constant whining and hatred against NXT?

It's a shame to the entire community and not doing any good to NEM at all.

I for one, don't see NXT as a problem. In fact, the relationship to NXT could very well be similar to what Litecoin is to Bitcoin - however, it's a symbiotic relationship that could, potentially, benefit one more than the other. This is just the way it goes - and again, i've no problem with this, because in the end they'll both benefit eachother no matter how small.

It's whether or not the NXT community see's NEM as a problem. However, in all fairness, if they did, it wouldn't be on the NXT AE in the first place. One thing is for sure; NEM is by far the most popular asset they've ever had. This alone, speaks for itself. It wouldn't surprise me if a small minority in the NXT camp did find NEM threatening, and responded by trolling.

One thing is certain; the trolling and FUD is a representation of the potential success this coin could have. Press on, ignore the fud, ignore the trolls and eventually, they'll stop.
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 01:54:11 PM

So is patmast3r now in charge of distributing the remaining 500 + tokens or is someone else responsible for that?  Some clarification on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Who has access to this NXT account (13254208495541261949)? Patmast3r?

How many NEM tokens have been requested & issued since this Utopian Future situation happened? 

Thanks in advance for answering. 

Yes I'm in charge of that.
I've issued about 10 tokens since UP left and have about 20 more that will be issued with the next batch.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: