Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:37:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984064 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
iaminitnow06

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:15:16 PM

That goes to show that there is a bigger fish to fry at the moment and people are talking about what needs to be done with the unclaimed coins, most with selfish intents and short term in mind. And that's what I have been harping about. Think of great things and projects to do instead of tossing over a few coins.

And if one is bankrupt of any better ideas than just to selfishly profit from the pump, dump and jump perspective, then, as a I said, this is the wrong community to be in.

Please do not lose hope. I am sure the devs and the community will reach a sensible decision in the end. But the developer's utmost priority at the moment should be the alpha release now. I request everybody to cooperate with the devs until a final decision is made.

FYI-" Moon has been visited so many times, It shouldn't be NEM's goal. It should aim beyond the kuiper's belt and the Oort cloud, exploring the space beyond our solar system, just like the voyager-1 did." So NEM to the outer space and beyond Wink

NEM(NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.0 | http://forum.nemcoin.com/ | http://altnemo.com/
NBOCOW-D45UHF-A7CJUX-HK7PD3-KUEXEP-PMECIZ-BJFP

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 03:32:35 PM

That goes to show that there is a bigger fish to fry at the moment and people are talking about what needs to be done with the unclaimed coins, most with selfish intents and short term in mind. And that's what I have been harping about. Think of great things and projects to do instead of tossing over a few coins.

And if one is bankrupt of any better ideas than just to selfishly profit from the pump, dump and jump perspective, then, as a I said, this is the wrong community to be in.

Please do not lose hope. I am sure the devs and the community will reach a sensible decision in the end. But the developer's utmost priority at the moment should be the alpha release now. I request everybody to cooperate with the devs until a final decision is made.

FYI-" Moon has been visited so many times, It shouldn't be NEM's goal. It should aim beyond the kuiper's belt and the Oort cloud, exploring the space beyond our solar system, just like the voyager-1 did." So NEM to the outer space and beyond Wink

In hope we shall not rely on but the burning desire to succeed is what that shall make us to be, walking over instead of falling over any obstacles in between.
Momimaus

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

Never back down !!!

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:50:56 PM

stakes shouldn't be distributed to even wider audience, as this would be very unfair towards people who have bought their stake from NXT AE.

Can you elaborate on how that would be unfair ?
Their shares won't get smaller by more people getting in. We're merely trying to get to those 3k stakeholders.

{troll mode on} I guess he has sock puppet accounts an he want to get as much of AE as poosible...
What I meant was that the value of the stake would naturally decrease if the unclaimed ones would be re-distributed. In my opinion that would be unfair for the ones who have bought their stakes from NXT AE as this would be unanticipated move. The auction of the 150 stakes for btc is fair as it was expected and announced _before_ the launch of NEM in NXT AE.

And gimre please don't make such accusations even though I don't have many posts. Writing in a foreign language takes great energy from me, and have chosen to stay as "a reader" on these forums. Also, you can check that I haven't claimed my stake as nxt asset nor have I any plans to do so.

That´s the point.

If you sell them, you just take money from the ones who decided to not sell their stake or even buy more, and put in developers pocket or in a developer fund. And there is already a developer fund.

Please state a decision as soon as possible.

The auction was announced before the Assets on the NXT AE. Therefore everyone knew that some more stakes will be distributed.
Ans stop saying everything goes into devs pocket.

Again. this is about unclaimed stakes, not about the stakes for the auction.
But even that wasn´t a smart move tod o it after NXT ae launch.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
cropotkin

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:07:41 PM

Hello everyone.
I was following the thread and have seen lot of debate about unclaimed stakes
in early stage.
Here are the options so far exposed by some of the member in this thread:

1) destroy unclaimed stakes
2) add unclaimed stakes to development fund and use for development marketing after V1 phase
3) redistribute between all stake holders in equal shares
4) acution the unclaimed stakes and use the BTC for development and marketing after V1 phase

I have following opinions about them:

1) Is the short term value all we care about?
   why destroy it just to have short term gain would not be better to use this NEM
   for other things real life projects and help people to improve their lives.
   I thing it would be nice to have voting on NEM funds usage so comunity members could propose project ideas,
   vote about this projects and decide what for this NEM could be used.

2) This is good if we can have full time development team dedicated to NEM development
   is one of the options that I would accept for example fund nem startups that will develop
   software services for NEM ecosystem.
   Also this way dev team does not need to beg for donations.

3) I think this would be fair and hope that will motivate stakeholders to engage more
   in NEM community but on the other side I'm afraid this could also have a different outcome
   as majority  will receive something for nothing and could dump it.

Fellow NEM stake holders
   this was call for participation an not an IPO and YOU are called to participate not just watch and wait.

How to do this:
   talk about NEM to your friend and relatives
   spread the word out
   invest NEM in some real business
   start a business that uses NEM
   help the developer team to code services around NEM
   (design, translate, write,code)
   do other thinks that you are good at to add value to NEM.

4) I think is good to and could raise the value of NEM also the fund could be used like
   in option 2)

Actually I find only option 1 bad and all other options seems good to me.
Maybe we should put on vote this options mentioned here and let to community decide about the outcome
but I thing this should be when time comes now is still early for this things.

Best regards,
      freigeist

I know it is sometimes difficult to think in the round about these things, and that people quite rightly have a psychological aversion to 'destruction', but isn't option 1 (destruction) just a very simple and elegant way of implementing option 3 (distribution to all stakeholders)?
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:11:48 PM

I know it is sometimes difficult to think in the round about these things, and that people quite rightly have a psychological aversion to 'destruction', but isn't option 1 (destruction) just a very simple and elegant way of implementing option 3 (distribution to all stakeholders)?

That's exactly how I see it.
I'm also leaning towards destroying them.
On the other hand I'm not entirely certain that a single NEM will become inevitably more valuable as it becomes more rare.

KLONE::Vader

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:34:07 PM

Yes, destruction is the same! Perfect!

amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:42:59 PM

Yes, destruction is the same! Perfect!

Agreed. I vote for destruction.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
mr smith

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:52:39 PM

On the other hand I'm not entirely certain that a single NEM will become inevitably more valuable as it becomes more rare.
I've got a better idea purchase one of these for the Dev's to share

Makoto1337 is going to need it !

ALPHA T MINUS  6d -18hr 19m

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
instacalm

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:55:29 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2014, 07:19:15 PM by instacash

I hope you don't mind me asking, can you/anyone confirm that utopianfuture lives in the United States?

edit: Thank you for the PM, gimre.
mavromixalakis

Activity: 135

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:24:00 PM

Hi guys,

Can someone please advise on the below?

If a buy a NEM stake from NXT AE what exactly do I need to do to claim my NEM coins and get on the stakeholders list and by when?

Thank you very much
mr smith

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:32:51 PM

Hi guys,

Can someone please advise on the below?

If a buy a NEM stake from NXT AE what exactly do I need to do to claim my NEM coins and get on the stakeholders list and by when?

Thank you very much
Dude check this thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=650505.msg7284744#msg7284744

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:44:24 PM

Sounds good.

+1

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
KingCole

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:54:16 PM

I don't believe the stakes should be destroyed. Think about the what this means to someone outside of the community looking in. My preference would be that the stakes are awarded to people outside of the existing community and preferably outside of the crypto community. I see this as a method to increase the number of people in the community of NEM and encouraging more people on the outside of the crypto environment to become involved, wasn't that the original intention of having 3,000 stakeholders? I aso want to make a clear distinction here between giving away and awarded.

The reward of a stake or maybe part of a stake (0.1 instead of 1.0) should come as the result of effort. Maybe that can be as simple as a letter explaining why a person believes they should be awarded a stake, maybe it is for setting up a local group, maybe it should be used to create a foundation that is able to give funds outside of the core NEM development team based on a voting system in the blockchain?

KC
check07

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:56:19 PM

I've got a better idea purchase one of these for the Dev's to share

Makoto1337 is going to need it !

ALPHA T MINUS  6d -18hr 19m

Donation for a charitable purpose which decides the community!
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:00:59 PM

I would like to see a huge pile of NEM get into the hands of average joe without them paying for it,this will make the stakeholders mad since they had to pay for it but average joes won't be spending money to buy NEM when they are not sure about it. Isn't the goal of NEM to help people achieve financial freedom? The more people that have it the greater chance NEM will succeed which will increase the value for the stakeholders.

This is not how real life works. Aurora tried to get adapted as a country coin by distributing them freely, but Icelanders immediately dumped the coins for BTC instead -- crashing the prices immediately.
Where is the adaption? Nowhere.  Anything that is "freely" distributed to a large number of people will have no value -- as anything that is "free" is worthless.  

As  for destroying them, I am happy with that idea, but in reality it's same as distributing them equally to all stakeholders. The net effect is the same.

I just don't want "developers" or the "insiders" to be sitting on 50% of the coins ("locked" or not as why should we trust what they will do next year or year after that?) Why on earth even leave that an option?

As far as I am concerned they are already controlling way too many coins with 25%  -- add unclaimed coins to that list and whole thing starts to turn into joke

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Totem22

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:04:41 PM

+1 for this. While it seems the same destroying is different from giving them out proportionally.  I vote for development committee. The second choice is to destroy. No point of giving current stakeholders more.
Eadeqa

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:11:50 PM

+1 for this. While it seems the same destroying is different from giving them out proportionally.  I vote for development committee. The second choice is to destroy. No point of giving current stakeholders more.

Why on earth do you need 50% for "development" if unclaimed stakes is high? There are already 25% for development and marketing plus all the BTC and Nxt in the original IPO. Why Nem developers need so much more than any other coin in the world?

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
Totem22

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:12:08 PM

I would like to see a huge pile of NEM get into the hands of average joe without them paying for it,this will make the stakeholders mad since they had to pay for it but average joes won't be spending money to buy NEM when they are not sure about it. Isn't the goal of NEM to help people achieve financial freedom? The more people that have it the greater chance NEM will succeed which will increase the value for the stakeholders.

This is not how real life works. Aurora tried to get adapted as a country coin by distributing them freely, but Icelanders immediately dumped the coins for BTC instead -- crashing the prices immediately.
Where is the adaption? Nowhere.  Anything that is "freely" distributed to a large number of people will have no value -- as anything that is "free" is worthless.  

As  for destroying them, I am happy with that idea, but in reality it's same as distributing them equally to all stakeholders. The net effect is the same.

I just don't want "developers" or the "insiders" to be sitting on 50% of the coins ("locked" or not as why should we trust what they will do next year or year after that?) Why on earth even leave that an option?

As far as I am concerned they are already controlling way too many coins with 25%  -- add unclaimed coins to that list and whole thing starts to turn into joke

You still evade a question raised directly to you by one Nemster earlier : why are you happy with JeanLuc and several Nxt whales holding 5% of Nxt each but not NEM developers? I agree that the unclaimed coins should not be under control of the core team. Other than that I see you hold Nxt developers (and worse several whales that do nothing for development) and NEM developers under different standards. Could you answer this direct question are you one of Nxt whale?
mrvegad

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:19:29 PM

There was no proof in how many people received Aurora, it sounded like the dev kept a large amount of them. I said:

[/quote]

I was thinking that when NEM does presentations, hand out paper wallets to people that seem interested and have never used crypto before, samething for our co-workers, friends, neighbors or whoever (even the poor and the under-privileged).
[/quote]

don't just hand them to whomever.

And you don't think people on here with NEMstakes won't be dumping them for BTC?

"anything free is worthless" really? so the time people put in volunteering is worthless?

Eadeqa

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:21:01 PM

You still evade a question raised directly to you by one Nemster earlier : why are you happy with JeanLuc and several Nxt whales holding 5% of Nxt each but not NEM developers? I agree that the unclaimed coins should not be under control of the core team.

Is there any evidence that Jean Luc holds 5%? I know he was originally stakeholder, but its unknown how much BTC he contributed.  Most Nxt developers actually are not original stakeholders and don't hold even 0.1% of Nxt  Wesley is not original stakeholder. Neither is jl77, nor is CYIYAM, btc2nxt, vbecas who are all working on very important AT project that will integrate turing complete language into Nxt -- before etherium.

There are dozens and dozens of other Nxt developers who are writing mobile apps, blockchain explorers, developing websites, games, and doing all kinds of work -- none of them are original stakeholders

Yuu know why they do it? Because some of them bought Nxt with their own money and want it to succeed. The best motivation to put your money where your mouth is.

In fact what you posted is flat out lie

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: