Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 12:59:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 [801] 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984377 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 11:12:59 AM

Hi,
what are the benefits of the Delegated Harvesting instead of local harvesting?

You can harvest from an empty account. So basically you delegate your importance to the remote account (which every account has).
That way you can also harvest on a remote location without having to put your private-key there (you use the private key of the remote account which has no funds).

many thanks!

so, Delegated Harvesting, is a lot more safe than local harvesting... great Cheesy

you can use delegated harvesting on your local NIS as well.

how? Smiley
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 11:35:07 AM

Well I didn't see this coming.  I thought XEM had promise but this downward slide since launch is disconcerting.  I expected an initial dump but also expected a correction upward that hasn't happened.  There doesn't appear to be any kind of game plan.  Those behind this coin need to get out front and center now to rally the troops.  I'm not selling my stakes but I hate to take a loss and add another blemish to my almost spotless track record of picking coins.  And I'm getting that uneasy feeling that you get when something doesn't feel right.  So is there a plan for this coin and if so what is it?   

I have a buy order at 61 on Poloniex. Care to fill it for me?

As for your questions, I don't know where you've been but if anything, NEM errs on the side of overplanning and overtesting and overthinking and overdeveloping and even, overinventing. It's actually kind of funny that you are saying "there doesn't appear to be any kind of game plan." I don't think I've run into a coin with MORE game plan since DNotes.

Are you serious?  The value plunges and you come back with an offer to buy at 1/3rd of the price when the coin launched.  Why would you even make such an absurd post.  There are many people that are wondering what the fuck is going on.  I'll take a loss and not miss a step.  Some won't be lucky enough to have the cushion to write it off.  This is crypto, months don't work.  Where have you been?  Amazing.

Show me a single project that did not have a lower value than at launch 3 weeks after launch.
And factor in that a lot more people have been given coins initially so initial dumping will take longer as many don't check btt regularly.

Hey, I'm all for XEM but it's lost two thirds of it's value since launch.  What other coins have done is irrelevant.  We're talking about XEM.  Currently the coin isn't doing good.  I haven't been posting doomsday scenarios.  In fact these are the first posts I've made and I made these only out of concern.  Is there a plan and what is it.  It's a simple question.  I don't want an argument I just want some information.

Thanks

I'm not going to worry about the market cap for even 1s. It's such a small market and easily manipulated, that you shouldn't be bothered at all by the current price. This is the most seriously developed blockchain platform in existence, so the long term market cap should be fine.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 11:36:57 AM

Hi,

You can harvest from an empty account. So basically you delegate your importance to the remote account (which every account has).
That way you can also harvest on a remote location without having to put your private-key there (you use the private key of the remote account which has no funds).

You can learn more about delegated harvesting here:

http://blog.nem.io/how-to-use-delegated-harvesting/
http://blog.nem.io/how-local-and-delegated-harvesting-works/

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 11:43:13 AM

However to increase the market cap it needs one necessary thing to happen - to increase the cash flow into crypto-market. Without it you can produce miracles however nobody will buy it. Currently is irrelevant what you produce - no buyers = no market = no evaluation. In winter 2013/14 i believe the marketcap would be 20-50M now.

So the best idea now is to stay cool, keep working and just wait until the situation gets better.

+ one more thing - the market caps at coinmarketcap is a general lie. Try to sell even 5 percent of market cap of any crypto in top 20 and the price will plummet to ZERO. The real marketcap is approx. 20 times so low and is equal to buy orders. The market is in really horrible state, it looks like market in summer 2013. 4 months after that it boomed 10-100 times. So my 2 XEMcents for traders and NEMsters: buy in now (in XEM i think the bottom will be 41 sat) and close BTT and POLO pages for long months.

In Pump and Dump we trust.
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 11:49:32 AM

However to increase the market cap needs one necessary thing to happen - to increase the cash flow into crypto-market. Without it you can produce miracles however nobody will buy it. Currently is irrelevant what you produce - no buyers = no market = no evaluation. In winter 2013/14 i believe the marketcap would be 20-50M now.

So the best idea now is to stay cool, keep working and just wait until the situation gets better.

+ one more thing - the market caps at coinmarketcap is a general lie. Try to sell even 5 percent of market cap of any crypto in top 20 and the price will plummet to ZERO. The real marketcap is approx. 20 times so low and is equal to buy orders. The market is in really horrible state, it looks like market in summer 2013. 4 months after that it boomed 10-100 times. So my 2 XEMcents for traders and NEMsters: buy in now (in XEM i think the bottom will be 41 sat) and close BTT and POLO pages for long months.

This is spot on. Crypto in general is very, very weak. I think maybe around September fiat economies will start to seriously tank in some countries, so people might go into crypto at that time. By then, NEM will have a xxxxxx xxx out and some very interesting features Smiley We should also see some companies using the NEM block chain platform starting operation. I can't think of another project with as much potential as NEM, tbh.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 12:07:22 PM

Hi,

You can learn more about delegated harvesting here:

http://blog.nem.io/how-to-use-delegated-harvesting/
http://blog.nem.io/how-local-and-delegated-harvesting-works/

thanks Smiley
sdersdf3

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 12:13:04 PM

However to increase the market cap needs one necessary thing to happen - to increase the cash flow into crypto-market. Without it you can produce miracles however nobody will buy it. Currently is irrelevant what you produce - no buyers = no market = no evaluation. In winter 2013/14 i believe the marketcap would be 20-50M now.

This is spot on. Crypto in general is very, very weak. I think maybe around September fiat economies will start to seriously tank in some countries, so people might go into crypto at that time. By then, NEM will have a xxxxxx xxx out and some very interesting features Smiley We should also see some companies using the NEM block chain platform starting operation. I can't think of another project with as much potential as NEM, tbh.

Features - features average people want that are relevant to their lives today - are everything. Look at how Slack built a massive following this past year almost entirely on word of mouth with hardly any marketing budget. Product's gotta be easy to use, highly relevant and effective at reducing immediate problems people face today. Closer to home, look at Transferwise, and the success they've had at becoming a global remittance tool - a lot of startups have accomplished within a year or two what bitcoin is only still talking about. Everything follows from features and ease of use.

Agreed on the rest - crypto market's dead. "Try to sell even 5 percent of market cap of any crypto in top 20 and the price will plummet to ZERO. The real marketcap is approx. 20 times so low" -- that really nails it. A much more realistic indicator is 24-hour transaction volume and buy order book volume - there's nowhere near the liqudity suggested by the marketcap figure (that goes for bitcoin, not just alts). There's nowhere near $3.9 billion interest in this market these days.

As for counting on global economic collapse - I second that, but what's troubling is that we're already seeing major turmoil and uncertainty in the lead up to full-blown collapse that many of us expect - and I dont see even bitcoin getting any preliminary lift from that. People are looking for safety - hence the sharp run up in the US dollar and gold - but they're not looking to bitcoin or other crypto for that safety. This past year has really damaged crypto's brand image - much of that damage caused by governments but also self inflicted.

The opportunity for NEM, Ethereum and other 2.0's is to offer a clean slate from the crypto mess of the past year and separate itself from bitcoin. I'm afraid bitcoin will continued to be regarded among other sick currencies like Venesuela dollar and Agentinian peso. Few people see 1.0 cryptos as a safe store of value anymore. And who can blame them?

hvezdasmrti

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 12:16:33 PM

I believe it too however im surprised why still is the crypto so badly doing. Maybe because U. S. Fed (FED private money) currently noticed some growth in value.

Negatives:
1) Illegal market with real currently is being served by darkcoins (but there are too many of them so the value is divided into many darkcoins) - this is also a positive, of course. Nobody will take seriously anything what is used to fund and cover up illegal activities.

2) Many people got burned in big boom 2013/14 - except sly miners, traders, "traders", scammers, PnDers, shitcoin creators and so fort - money just changed its owner from naive investors to GPU/ASIC producers, electricity companies and people who were running this obscure hardware. This also made a bad credibility for crypto.

3) There are just too many projects and many of them still werent purged, it needs a time until people behind the weaker ones give it up and the stronger ones will have big "Vorsprung" so there will be no space for hype and shitty crypto just because it will be ridiculous in comparison with real projects with tradition and history

4) Medial attention - is just poor

5) The most promising countries just have no infrastructure for running a crypto. E. G. Many african states have big hyperinflation and worthless fiat currencies. They stay in U. S. Fed instead of running crypto. There are some cases of funding by using crypto but they are very rare and uncommon.

6) Countries banning crypto just for a case (and because jews behind the fiat currencies worry about losing their power over world economy now)

Positives and "positives"

1) Bubbles in crypto repeated many times with increasing market cap (first bitcoin bubble, second bitcoin bubble, 2013/14 winter huge bitcoin/alts bubble...), it is very probable that it will happen again - this is a "positive" expectancy, not truly positive of course - people are greedy and the snowball effect strong

2) World economy always brings crysis in many places around the world so the "Cyprus" rush into crypto may repeat very soon

3) Crypto-market was cleaned in many ways - insolvent exchanges are out of game, many scammers were jailed, blockchain is being considered as a good thing for future investigation (money with history)

4) As mentioned before in previous post - we have now a huge amount of time to be prepared for a next growth, many of us were disappointed in november 2013 that everything happened rush and the Fortune is ally only to the well-prepared ones. In November 2013 many people were unhappy that they didnt buy-in 4 months earlier. In November 2013 many projects started and got ready just too late to enjoy some juice from that bubble (like NEM). Market is falling but it doesnt mean it will fall forever. We can only hope it will NOT grow up for at least next 6 months to make things happen and be ready for evaluation.

5) Adoption - adoption has done big jump forward, but its not evaluated at all.

makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 12:27:12 PM

Features - features average people want that are relevant to their lives today - are everything. Look at how Slack built a massive following this past year almost entirely on word of mouth with hardly any marketing budget. Product's gotta be easy to use, highly relevant and effective at reducing immediate problems people face today. Closer to home, look at Transferwise, and the success they've had at becoming a global remittance tool - a lot of startups have accomplished within a year or two what bitcoin is only still talking about. Everything follows from features and ease of use.

Agreed on the rest - crypto market's dead. "Try to sell even 5 percent of market cap of any crypto in top 20 and the price will plummet to ZERO. The real marketcap is approx. 20 times so low" -- that really nails it. A much more realistic indicator is 24-hour transaction volume and buy order book volume - there's nowhere near the liqudity suggested by the marketcap figure (that goes for bitcoin, not just alts). There's nowhere near $3.9 billion interest in this market these days.

As for counting on global economic collapse - I second that, but what's troubling is that we're already seeing major turmoil and uncertainty in the lead up to full-blown collapse that many of us expect - and I dont see even bitcoin getting any preliminary lift from that. People are looking for safety - hence the sharp run up in the US dollar and gold - but they're not looking to bitcoin or other crypto for that safety. This past year has really damaged crypto's brand image - much of that damage caused by governments but also self inflicted.

The opportunity for NEM, Ethereum and other 2.0's is to offer a clean slate from the crypto mess of the past year and separate itself from bitcoin. I'm afraid bitcoin will continued to be regarded among other sick currencies like Venesuela dollar and Agentinian peso. Few people see 1.0 cryptos as a safe store of value anymore. And who can blame them?

Hopefully people can look to NEM for safety of value storage and transfer. NEM is everything the mainstream secretly wishes bitcoin was: safe and secure, fast, and easy to use. Once we add xxxxx xxxxx, I think NEM will have an amazing block chain platform that will be infinitely extensible.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
crimi

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 12:35:12 PM

Hopefully people can look to NEM for safety of value storage and transfer. NEM is everything the mainstream secretly wishes bitcoin was: safe and secure, fast, and easy to use. Once we add xxxxx xxxxx, I think NEM will have an amazing block chain platform that will be infinitely extensible.

Smart Contracts?  Cheesy
hvezdasmrti

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 12:36:06 PM

...and it needs a time  Smiley Only a time is the best mark of credibility, only a tradition is the best proof of security.

Adamlm

Activity: 822
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 12:38:21 PM

Is it possible to use alternate ports for the NIS client on VPS?
If yes, how?
I have only ports 41xx-43xx enabled on one of VPS and tried to edit config.properties in /package/nis to:

nem.httpPort = 4111
nem.httpsPort = 4155

then restarted NIS, it was running, but my node was not visible on http://nembex.nem.ninja/#nodes

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 12:47:55 PM

This is the most seriously developed blockchain platform in existence, so the long term market cap should be fine.

More serious than Ethereum?
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 01:15:59 PM

This is the most seriously developed blockchain platform in existence, so the long term market cap should be fine.

More serious than Ethereum?

Yes, of course. Though Ethereum and NEM are both working to realize the vision of Nick Szabo (and Hal and Wei, etc), I think the NEM team is definitely more pragmatic, despite all the PhDs on our team.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 01:22:13 PM

Yes, of course. Though Ethereum and NEM are both working to realize the vision of Nick Szabo (and Hal and Wei, etc), I think the NEM team is definitely more pragmatic, despite all the PhDs on our team.

Ethereum also has PhDs. And they have advisors, do you have any?
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 01:35:58 PM

Ethereum has an amazing team with lots of money. I am just not sure that they have a clear direction. They do a lot of cool stuff, though.

We don't have the same monetary resources, but we make up for that by being focused and having an amazing team of our own. Several people on the core team have PhDs, one guy is a professor, and another has run several successful businesses himself. Though we wouldn't mind having more programmers, I think we have a really incredible team as it is and by staying focused on building a generic block chain platform that others can build on top of, I think we can do amazing things.

That being said, if anyone wants to help us out by programming, please send me a PM Smiley
Also, please check out our simple API and build applications on top of the NEM block chain: bob.nem.ninja/docs/

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 02:34:54 PM

hope this helps provide some additional insight in to nem
Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1022311.msg11064695#msg11064695

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 03:04:45 PM

hope this helps provide some additional insight in to nem
Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1022311.msg11064695#msg11064695

Nice avatar.
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 03:17:55 PM

It's a trendy one

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 03:51:03 PM

Szabo gave them some advice.  He said their ideas are great but not their implementation.  (We can only guess about what he meant by that.  Maybe no need to make a new language from scratch when lots of languages already exist, or maybe no need to make it Turing complete?)

I seriously hope we can build NEM up enough for him to take a look here and give us better feedback.

Pages: « 1 ... 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 [801] 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: