Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:07:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 [803] 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984108 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
crimi

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 07:54:23 PM

Who is responsible for unrealistic expectations?  You guys. Just a week before the launch, makoto1337, the developer, was claiming the marketcap would be 30 million at the launch.

It's cryptoland. You can't seriously blame him for that.  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BldSwtTrs
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 07:55:06 PM

I have received an MP from makoto1337 who is telling me to go to https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes in order to redeem my stake but that URL doesn't appear to work. Any tips?
mickyd

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 07:55:44 PM

This is why the price discussion, though seemingly justified now, will probably look at best negligible in the long run.

FTFY

2,250,000.00 XEM * 0.00000065 = 1.4625 BTC / 0.000044 = 33,238.63636363636 NXT  (current Poloniex Bid rates)

Come on folks...  there's a shitload of additional stakes that have hit the market and NEM is still trading at NEMstake rates.

Do the math...  the price discussion is NOT justified...  do I really need to price in the supply increase for you to see it?   Roll Eyes

The problem isn't the price but the low volume!!!
NEM need a organized marketing, this does not exist!!

Wake up
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 07:56:47 PM

A brief clarification and overview

I think it's very important to understand and clarify some things here as some people are unsatisfied with our current situation and this may well be due to some unrealistic expectations. While I make this point, do note that we read everything and appreciate every bit of thoughtful criticism we can receive.

Who is responsible for unrealistic expectations?  You guys. Just a week before the launch, makoto1337, the developer, was claiming the marketcap would be 30 million at the launch.
and here to:

https://forum.ournem.com/economics/price-speculation/
quadruples

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 08:01:13 PM

Unfortunately this has not been tested on Unix, or more specific OS X 10.10. The installer for version 0.6.26 did not worked, so I grabbed the TGZ file...

Followed the same steps as mentions for Windows and adapted for *nix - but see the following Java exceptions when starting 'nix.runMon.sh':
- download nis-ncc-0.6.26.tgz
- untar
- open a terminal
  cd ~/Downloads/package
  ./nix.runNcc.sh
- wait a moment and open a new terminal session
  ./nix.runNis.sh
- wait a moment and open a new terminal session
  ./nix.runMon.sh

**** broken ****
. . . .
2015-04-12 19:37:12.333 INFO FrameworkServlet 'Spring MVC Dispatcher Servlet': initialization completed in 1477 ms (org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet initServletBean)
2015-04-12 14:37:12.333:INFO:oejsh.ContextHandler:main: Started o.e.j.s.ServletContextHandler@33617539{/,null,AVAILABLE}
2015-04-12 14:37:12.340:WARN:oejuc.AbstractLifeCycle:main: FAILED ServerConnector@6e46d9f4{HTTP/1.1}{0.0.0.0:8989}: java.net.BindException: Address already in use
java.net.BindException: Address already in use
   at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)
   at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:437)
   at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:429)
   at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:223)
. . . .
Caused by: org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Database may be already in use: "Locked by another process". Possible solutions: close all other connection(s); use the server mode [90020-175]
   at org.h2.message.DbException.getJdbcSQLException(DbException.java:332)
   at org.h2.message.DbException.get(DbException.java:172)
. . . .
 (org.nem.core.deploy.CommonStarter main)
2015-04-12 19:37:15.355 INFO NEM Infrastructure Server 0.6.26-BETA shutdown... (org.nem.core.deploy.CommonStarter main)

Common guys - please test before releasing it. I did a port scan between port 8000 to 9000 and nothing?
Should this not be: 0.0.0.0:8989  --> 127.0.0.1:8989

Looks like you already got another instance of NIS running or some other program is using the db.

This answer is really not helpful and definitely seen as a brush off saying to users: "Get lost!!!"?? Like calling the bank and saying you can't access your funds, the support person tells you someone else is using your account, just have a look...?

The exception states a few things:
java.net.BindException: Address already in use
Database may be already in use: "Locked by another process".

As stated - NOTHING shown up on port 8989, AND can also confirm no other process it running. The installer failed, the command line option failed, no need to say"
"Looks like you already got another instance of NIS running or some other program is using the db."
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 08:02:03 PM

I have received an MP from makoto1337 who is telling me to go to https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes in order to redeem my stake but that URL doesn't appear to work. Any tips?

down. you'll probably have to wait till tomorrow

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 08:07:03 PM

As stated - NOTHING shown up on port 8989, AND can also confirm no other process it running.

Bind on 0.0.0.0, means it's binding on all interfaces.

Please provide output from "netstat -nap" and post it on forum (this thread is not meant to be for solving tech problems, it's been stated multiple times)

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
zanzibar

Activity: 715

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 08:22:38 PM

It's cryptoland. You can't seriously blame him for that.  Cheesy

The whole landscape for alts is changing.  There will be no big pumps of any new launched coins.  Hell, even BTC doesn't seem to get much pump from good news.  To me, people are thinking rationally about the true value of crypto, I think Bitcoin is a bit undervalued but pretty close to what it should be.  I think Nxt has the most/best features, but not enough people are utilizing it, so it's value is low.  Ethereum will be the most disappointing launch of 2015.  I think Alts will continue to fail in 2015, people will just be trying to time their sell orders. I like NEM and think the development team is great, but people aren't excited about POI, just like they aren't excited about POS at this point. By mid 2016, BTC will remain the clear winner and everyone will be looking to develop features for BTC as a way to profit, rather than launching Alts. 
Tobo

Activity: 763

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 08:26:24 PM

I think it's very important to understand and clarify some things here as some people are unsatisfied with our current situation and this may well be due to some unrealistic expectations. While I make this point, do note that we read everything and appreciate every bit of thoughtful criticism we can receive.

Be realistical and honest and doing the math. Before the launch, on the AE, one Nemstake (2250000 xem)is about 1.3 btc. But the Nemstkes on the AE are only 1/4 of the total Nemstakes (correct me if I am wrong on nember). After the launch, all  Nemstakes are available for trade. The market is literally diluted by 4 times.

What do you think the price will be? In a normal market, the price of one Nemstake (2250000 xem) should be 1.3 btc/4. It will be overachieved even having the current price. IMO, everyone should expect the price will be going even lower and NEM team should focus on the technology and long term real utility of crypto tech
quadruples

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 08:30:14 PM

As stated - NOTHING shown up on port 8989, AND can also confirm no other process it running.

Bind on 0.0.0.0, means it's binding on all interfaces.

Please provide output from "netstat -nap" and post it on forum (this thread is not meant to be for solving tech problems, it's been stated multiple times)

"gimre" - appreciate your feedback and totally respect the request to move it of this thread. If you indicate where I can move it too I would certainly do!

In regards to "netstat -nap" - which protocol? ip / tcp / udp....?
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 08:41:28 PM

After so much time and energy invested, NEM has finally launched. As you have seen, we have had a fairly smooth launch and our platform seems to be behaving as expected until now. A lot of work has been put into this, and our dev team has done everything to ensure NEM is an innovative and solid platform to build upon. Thus, our launch is a major step forward in proving that NEM is real and that our dev team can really deliver valuable innovation. But while we have launched, NEM is far from complete. In fact, all the work leading to our launch has only been our first major step in taking NEM from concept to reality. We have a great team and a solid technological foundation to build upon, so on the one hand that's everything one can wish for, but on the other, there is still a lot of work to be done. Although we are already ahead of most crypto projects, you must understand that NEM's features, killer apps and ease of use are not here yet, but are expected to be implemented until V1. This is why the price discussion, though seemingly justified now, will probably look at best negligible in the long run. We are planning to hit the masses, but not with the current version.

The real journey has just begun. There will probably be a lot of hurdles and unexpected events along the road, but this will no doubt be one hell of a ride judging by all the great people we have on the team and passionate community members. What I am really saying, is that the real value of NEM lays in the future. Both dev team and marketing team have been and are still working hard because this is not the point when NEM is complete and we can relax, quite the contrary. There's still a long way to go and one year from now, NEM will probably be a lot closer to what we want. Once our we will have those things implemented, then we will be ready to offer real value and utility. That will be the point where we will hype things and everyone will hear about NEM. Right now, well, we're not there and we have work to do, but this goes one step at a time.

Bottom line: The bad news is there is no guarantee in this game, despite best intentions we could fail. The good news is we have a great and passionate team which is still here and even bigger after one year, we have not run away with your money(big plus for this since it's very rare in crypto-land Cheesy) and we have delivered a solid, viable, though not yet complete product. This are the valuable things NEM has to offer now and the things with which it sets out on this journey. As it stands, chances are in our favor but there's still a long way to go, so we'd better start working smart and working together. See you later.

This is a personal note and does not necessarily reflect the views of anyone else in the NEM Team.

Cheers,
xtester

Thanks for the update...

One suggestion (maybe this is posted somewhere but I missed it)

Having a profile and credentials of core team members/developers on the main site.

People investing in NEM are basically investing in the people behind the development.

Even if their identities remain anonymous, Phds, professors, etc ... could give confidence to new investors.

I remember back in late 2013 when the alt scene started blowing up, the stronger alts had foundations with team profiles etc...

This couldn't hurt NEM but only help it by shining more light on the core team and their credentials ...

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
fudbuster

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 10:34:32 PM

Damn shitcoin, I tried to dump my last stake at 90, come back after just 1 hour and now it's at 78.

Looks like we'll be seeing 50-60 sats this wknd boys  Grin

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 11:36:16 PM

Be realistical and honest and doing the math. Before the launch, on the AE, one Nemstake (2250000 xem)is about 1.3 btc. But the Nemstkes on the AE are only 1/4 of the total Nemstakes (correct me if I am wrong on nember). After the launch, all  Nemstakes are available for trade. The market is literally diluted by 4 times.

What do you think the price will be? In a normal market, the price of one Nemstake (2250000 xem) should be 1.3 btc/4. It will be overachieved even having the current price. IMO, everyone should expect the price will be going even lower and NEM team should focus on the technology and long term real utility of crypto tech

this is logical ...

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 01:10:45 AM

NEM really needs a standalone-client like NXT has, when its out of beta. Just a simple install.exe and after starting, just enter your passphrase. That's user-friendly. I know it took a long time, as I was active in NXT from the beginning, but that should be the goal for NEM, too.

The NCC is open source so anybody can build that.

We really would like to focus on building the NEM block chain platform, and hand off specific uses of the platform (like wallet apps, etc) to others. That being said, we are continuing to improve the user experience and it will get a lot easier for the average person before too long.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 01:36:40 AM

Yes, of course. Though Ethereum and NEM are both working to realize the vision of Nick Szabo (and Hal and Wei, etc), I think the NEM team is definitely more pragmatic, despite all the PhDs on our team.

Ethereum also has PhDs. And they have advisors, do you have any?

Ethereum has an amazing team with lots of money. I am just not sure that they have a clear direction. They do a lot of cool stuff, though.

We don't have the same monetary resources, but we make up for that by being focused and having an amazing team of our own. Several people on the core team have PhDs, one guy is a professor, and another has run several successful businesses himself. Though we wouldn't mind having more programmers, I think we have a really incredible team as it is and by staying focused on building a generic block chain platform that others can build on top of, I think we can do amazing things.

That being said, if anyone wants to help us out by programming, please send me a PM Smiley
Also, please check out our simple API and build applications on top of the NEM block chain: bob.nem.ninja/docs/

makoto1337, could I get your input on this question asked earlier?:

Quote from: sdersdf3

5) I think one of the big issue facing this and a lot of other coins is that it's apparently really tough to code new features into cryptocoins -- either that or devs that code quickly in C++/Java in this space are few and far between - if that's the case - and I'm not sure whether it is or not - maybe it's because the financial rewards aren't large enough compared to what they could be getting elsewhere, or C++/Java are just tough to code period, or all of the above). It just seems to take a very long time to introduce or test even the smallest new changes on this coin and most other coins from what I've seen. I think this also factors into the delay in getting this on other alt exchanges (not that there are many left anyway these days after Poloniex, Bittrex and Cryptsy).

It'll be interesting to see if Ethereum (whenever it's finally done) offers a platform where devs can more quickly iterate and create new features. I keep hearing that their use of this simplified "Serpent" variant of Python is quicker to code.

Anyway, I'm really struck by how long it seems to take to get new things done on any coin, including bitcoin-related stuff like sidechains - not singling out NEM at all in this. Would be great to get from any NEM devs some perspective on this question to those of us on the outside looking in.

Is NEM going to be a platform like Ethereum's? How is it going to be a better platform to build apps? (Easier, faster to code and/or more robust)? Are people going to be able to create new coins on it?

We want to make the NEM block chain platform like legos, where you can build complex systems using simple parts. If you want a coin on top of it, then you could assemble it from basic components (essentially our colored coin implementation, but we are trying to go beyond standard colored coins).

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 01:52:47 AM

Do you still harvest when logged out of ones account?

zanzibar

Activity: 715

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 01:54:38 AM

We want to make the NEM block chain platform like legos, where you can build complex systems using simple parts. If you want a coin on top of it, then you could assemble it from basic components (essentially our colored coin implementation, but we are trying to go beyond standard colored coins).

But how is that different than Nxt?
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 02:09:38 AM

Do you still harvest when logged out of ones account?

If your node is booted.

Learn more about harvesting here:
http://blog.nem.io/how-local-and-delegated-harvesting-works/
http://blog.nem.io/how-to-use-delegated-harvesting/

By the way, we have lots of great tutorials on our home page:
http://blog.nem.io/nem-tutorial-list/

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 02:10:35 AM

Our implementation of colored coins will be qualitatively different.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 02:23:00 AM

Our implementation of colored coins will be qualitatively different.

My motto is NXT did it first, NEM did it right.

Pages: « 1 ... 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 [803] 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: