Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:49:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 [402] 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984382 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nembit86

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:53:38 PM

My 2 cents- I'd like to see creative contests and giveaways on Facebook, Twitter , Reddit, etc..

like what?

This is something marketing people get paid for.

Im sure you could try harder. why not post all your ideas on to a discussion page on the Nem forum and we can all comment on them?

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:53:56 PM

40 % is a bullshit number. Where is that even from ?

Why is it bullshit number? You already have 25% development stake. Why do you need 50% for the "development"? Plus all the BTC and Nxt collected during the IPO? Puer greed

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Quantum_Mechanics

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 07:56:41 PM

Do we need to participate in PHASE 2 REDEMPTION if we do not have a stake on AE? I successfully did phase 1 with my BCTaccount.
Thanks

Hello everyone, I got "NEM Token"
what do I do next to get my coins

?

First, Have you registered you token here: https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes ?
If you don't, do it now.
If you did, check if your name is on the list here: https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes/registered

Then, the redemption process regarding original BTT stakeholders will start on Nov 1st for those who registered their token.

Please read: https://medium.com/@xtester/phase-2-btt-stakeholders-redemption-guide-becc1d120612

NAMOAV-HFVPJ6-FP32YP-2GCM64-WSRMKX-A5KKYW-WHPY
Conurtrol

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:00:09 PM

My 2 cents- I'd like to see creative contests and giveaways on Facebook, Twitter , Reddit, etc..

like what?

Im sure you could try harder. why not post all your ideas on to a discussion page on the Nem forum and we can all comment on them?

Alright, what if we hide 100 stakes (paper wallets) in different locations around the world. Then we give clues as to the locations. The clues require  people learn more about nem, download the wallet, post on NEM forum, etc.. to participate.
nembit86

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:02:57 PM

Why is it bullshit number? You already have 25% development stake. Why do you need 50% for the "development"? Plus all the BTC and Nxt collected during the IPO? Puer greed

my understanding is that Nemsters that didnt work their butt off all day for 10 months were getting 75 per cent of stakes. unclaimed stakes are likely to be invested into a fund , trying to create wealth within the NEM ecosystem for the benefit of that 75 per cent......shared pro- rata......

vanea84

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:03:14 PM

Do we need to participate in PHASE 2 REDEMPTION if we do not have a stake on AE? I successfully did phase 1 with my BCTaccount.
Thanks

Hello everyone, I got "NEM Token"
what do I do next to get my coins

?

First, Have you registered you token here: https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes ?
If you don't, do it now.
If you did, check if your name is on the list here: https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes/registered

Then, the redemption process regarding original BTT stakeholders will start on Nov 1st for those who registered their token.

Please read: https://medium.com/@xtester/phase-2-btt-stakeholders-redemption-guide-becc1d120612

Thanks
starfishi

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:07:56 PM

like what?

Alright, what if we hide 100 stakes (paper wallets) in different locations around the world. Then we give clues as to the locations. The clues require  people learn more about nem, download the wallet, post on NEM forum, etc.. to participate.

Now, that, i call a good "out of the box" idea !

Conurtrol

Activity: 478

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:11:01 PM

like what?

Alright, what if we hide 100 stakes (paper wallets) in different locations around the world. Then we give clues as to the locations. The clues require  people learn more about nem, download the wallet, post on NEM forum, etc.. to participate.

Now, that, i call a good "out of the box" idea !

Thanks. And people will have to follow NEM on all the social media so they don't miss any clues. We could do some paid advertising to kick the whole thing off. It could be incredibly cool if we run it right. That's just one idea. I'm sure there are some marketing people with great ideas too.
nembit86

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:11:13 PM

like what?

Thats not such a bad idea for starters.....I'm not joking with you, seems like you may have a good marketing head on your shoulders, you should elaborate on a couple of ideas and start off a discussion on the nem forum.
I started a discussion about Nemsters getting a bonus off the unclaimed stakes and got 131 replies and 1570 views...( everybody disagreed with me of course but that was besides the point  Cheesy).I think its a record...lol......

Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:14:26 PM

so you smart guys made sure everyone who doesn't pay attention can't claim their stake, you keep up to 40% of coins 'for developement' and thus make the coin trustbased like ripple? Are you serious? I am gonna dump this shit ASAP.

If you can't destroy unclaimed stakes you're just a joke.
I say: either lift timelimit and let everyone claim as long as  they want OR destroy the unclaimed stakes but keeping up to 40% of supply in very few hands makes this coin trust-based and for that reason dramatically lowers the outlooks of it. No matter how shiny your shit is, it can't obscure what greedy bastards you are. You don't care about NEM or the project. Everyone is focused on personal gains. No other way to explain this redemption-process. Period.

Destroy stakes, let people claim longer or be called greedy pigs and lower outlooks of nem-project dramatically - pretty simple, like it or not.

Appears to me your minds made up - after all, we're already greedy bastards in your book.

lol. I didn't make up my mind. I just saw up to 40% unclaimed right now and then the other person saying 'this will be for promotion and developement'. I got nothing against nem or anyone. I am just straight up about stuff and say what i think.

If you fuck up distribution like that you take away a lot of its value, just sayin'. Maybe this has been overlooked. Better don't take up to 40% of supply for "developement and promo" if you don't want to destoy its public image.

I actually think you make a good argument, but resorting to insults is not a way to do it.

cut out the insults. Nothing personal. I am just the grumpy guy.  Cheesy
Hope nobody got hurt too much  Tongue

You do what you want but i would recommend to not keep more than 10% of unclaimed stakes for 'dev and promo' to not screw it up. Best to destroy the biggest part of unclaimed coins so you don't have bad talk and bad promo because of that. See other alts that have bad distro. They never get past a certain point and tend to be more unstable. Also target of many trolls.

You are aware that you are breeding trolls by not allowing people to claim longer, are you? Let's say i am in hospital and can't claim stake. When i come back i am left with nothing. Fine. I am a troll now. So with cutting all those people off: prepare for trolls later

just my 2 cents

I also think you have a point about not keeping huge percentage of unclaimed stakes. We must be reasonable and keep a reasonable percentage while burning the rest. We can't allow our good distribution to be destroyed in this way!!

Burning is a shortsighted option. It's the worst of all the ideas. We need to distribute those NEMs further. We want many people to get their hands on NEM and not make those that already have NEM richer i.e. give them more NEM.

And now show me another non PoW that has no timelimit on claiming of coins ? If people don't care about their stake then we'll distribute it to someone who does. Who wants to help advance NEM.  

PS: Wow this was really hard. But I got through without a single insult. Wasn't even rude. I think this is the beginning of a new pat Smiley

Congrats on the new beginning!!  Wink
nembit86

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:16:40 PM

so you smart guys made sure everyone who doesn't pay attention can't claim their stake, you keep up to 40% of coins 'for developement' and thus make the coin trustbased like ripple? Are you serious? I am gonna dump this shit ASAP.

If you can't destroy unclaimed stakes you're just a joke.
I say: either lift timelimit and let everyone claim as long as  they want OR destroy the unclaimed stakes but keeping up to 40% of supply in very few hands makes this coin trust-based and for that reason dramatically lowers the outlooks of it. No matter how shiny your shit is, it can't obscure what greedy bastards you are. You don't care about NEM or the project. Everyone is focused on personal gains. No other way to explain this redemption-process. Period.

Destroy stakes, let people claim longer or be called greedy pigs and lower outlooks of nem-project dramatically - pretty simple, like it or not.

Appears to me your minds made up - after all, we're already greedy bastards in your book.

lol. I didn't make up my mind. I just saw up to 40% unclaimed right now and then the other person saying 'this will be for promotion and developement'. I got nothing against nem or anyone. I am just straight up about stuff and say what i think.

If you fuck up distribution like that you take away a lot of its value, just sayin'. Maybe this has been overlooked. Better don't take up to 40% of supply for "developement and promo" if you don't want to destoy its public image.

I actually think you make a good argument, but resorting to insults is not a way to do it.

cut out the insults. Nothing personal. I am just the grumpy guy.  Cheesy
Hope nobody got hurt too much  Tongue

You do what you want but i would recommend to not keep more than 10% of unclaimed stakes for 'dev and promo' to not screw it up. Best to destroy the biggest part of unclaimed coins so you don't have bad talk and bad promo because of that. See other alts that have bad distro. They never get past a certain point and tend to be more unstable. Also target of many trolls.

You are aware that you are breeding trolls by not allowing people to claim longer, are you? Let's say i am in hospital and can't claim stake. When i come back i am left with nothing. Fine. I am a troll now. So with cutting all those people off: prepare for trolls later

just my 2 cents

I also think you have a point about not keeping huge percentage of unclaimed stakes. We must be reasonable and keep a reasonable percentage while burning the rest. We can't allow our good distribution to be destroyed in this way!!

Burning is a shortsighted option. It's the worst of all the ideas. We need to distribute those NEMs further. We want many people to get their hands on NEM and not make those that already have NEM richer i.e. give them more NEM.

And now show me another non PoW that has no timelimit on claiming of coins ? If people don't care about their stake then we'll distribute it to someone who does. Who wants to help advance NEM.  

PS: Wow this was really hard. But I got through without a single insult. Wasn't even rude. I think this is the beginning of a new pat Smiley

Congrats on the new beginning!!  Wink

are you all loved up or something?  Cheesy

Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:17:04 PM

like what?

This is actually an extremely good idea. You could incorporate it via online message boards such as facebook, twitter, to really get it out there and viral.
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:17:29 PM

Thanks

Please read this: https://medium.com/@xtester/phase-2-btt-stakeholders-redemption-guide-becc1d120612
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:20:22 PM

Stellar facebook give away was gamed by blackhat professionals with thousands of fake facebook and a lot of  people from India were tricked into giving up a $10 give away for $5.  Very early on Stellar had rich lists of guys who acquired millions from the give away (which was initially 10K+ but dropped down)

As soon as Stellar clawed back on the freebies (money on the streets) people stopped caring.  Available capitalization of Stellar is very low (even lower than NEM when it will launch)

Fair distribution was January - March when there wasn't any financial incentive to claim something which initially had no value

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:22:53 PM

ok, another comment

about the 40%, that's the number of unclaimed stakes right now. Maybe a little less.

about the need to distribute coins:
you load a faucet with 10$ worth of coins not with 1000$ worth of coins. It doesn't make a difference what's number of coins. What makes the difference is the value and total number of coins.
So you prefer giving away 10 coins for 0.1 cent each instead of 1 coin for 1 cent?

If you want to keep distributing huge amounts for free for long time i'd advise you to go over to auroracoin thread and see how that turned out.
In my humble opinion anything more than 0.5% of supply given away for free is unhealthy after a certain point and will be at the expense of those holding the coins.

I think it would be best to allow everybody to claim their stakes for 6 to 8 months, if then there are unclaimed ones, take up to 2% of total coinsupply for 'dev and promo' is safe in my opinion and destoy the rest. Anything else will result in negative outcome.
Right now i can't even get stoned without having to worry to have missed the deadline once waking up from the deepsleep.

Thinking keeping more coins will make you richer is an error. Keeping more coins will result in less value because of a lot of reasons. Core-team should very good think about what they do. If you take more coins than what you really need this will very likely end up in a bad way.
I would prefer being asked for doantions later because promo-funds ran dry instead of having to deal with a situation where like 20% or more of coins are with the core-team and i don't know what they do next with it.
If i know someone is holding huge amounts like that i can't put alot of money into the coin because it would be considered high risk. See how ripple took the dive after someone from the inside with access to a lot of coins announced selling.

Those coins with large concentration in few hands are more risky to put money on, no doubt.

You can of course talk it nice and justify why you absolutely and in any case need the funds to even operate. I don't expect anything else. It's ok. We know all that dance.
Kuttingcorners

Activity: 446

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:30:51 PM

like what?

geocashing popular with nerds kinda like crypto that could be a good one!
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 09:00:21 PM

Redemption process phase 2 is in 2 days am I right? Looking forward to that.
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 09:23:09 PM

@Balu where are you getting 40%  from? And do you mean 40% of 4000 stakes or 40% of stakes that were assigned to stake holders ie. 28xx apposed to 4000? Can you post calculations?

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 09:34:45 PM

@Balu where are you getting 40%  from? And do you mean 40% of 4000 stakes or 40% of stakes that were assigned to stake holders ie. 28xx apposed to 4000? Can you post calculations?

for example (wasn't able to find the original comment):

When I click the start local harvesting button, it says "The provided account does not satisfy the basic criteria for harvesting. Mainly it is related to the amount of NEMs within the account. Harvesting starts with at least 1000 NEM." My account has +400,000 NEM. Any ideas?
you need to wait until the men are "Vested"

Exactly. Wait until the men are vested. Aint nobody got time for naked men !

We may well end up with 300-400 unclaimed stakes. That is pretty good by any standard!

Whats the latest on the use of unclaimed stakes and how does it differ from OP? I was following the discussion earlier but the thread has become so large since redemption started, I cant find the final result/decision

NEM will have a maximum of 4 000 000 000 coins, all distributed with the genesis block. Each NEM coin will be divisible to 6 figures (i.e. the smallest amount of NEM is 0.000001 NEM). The total supply will be distributed as follows:

71% - distributed to stakeholders on the final stakeholder list.
10% - reserved for the core development team to fund development of the NCC and NIS up to the release of V.1 of the blockchain.
10% - reserved for the core development team to fund development of the NCC and NIS after the release of V.1 of the blockchain.
5% - reserved for the extended development team; those who are working on promoting NEM and the NEM ecosystem.
4% - auctioned off at a later date.

if a quarter of that 71% is unclaimed and you ad it to the dev-fund you end up with roughly 40%
After the dev-fund according to this already has 20% of the coins i really have no understanding how you can be so bold to be wanting to claim more coins for that from people who missed their deadline? Claiming even more than those 20% is outlandish for sure.

If it was on me i'd say "destroy all unclaimed coins, 100% of them or make sure they end up with those who were paying the 0.07btc months ago"
wasn't like signing up was for free, was it?
Unclaimed coins are just unclaimed. Someone still owns them. A fee has already been payd for those coins by someone. I think it isn't right to set such strict deadlines ... and keeping the coins of those that weren't able to meet those deadlines. Why not make a deadline of 1 day and keep 99% of the coins? Honestly, why not?
tron666

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 09:42:26 PM

I have been reading through the forum and gone from extremely confused to a little less confused.  I have run the beta client without any problems, created a real account and now have an address starting with the letter N and the according private and public keys.  The testnet address in the upper left corner had me  a bit flabbergasted for a while but after hours spent reading the forum I think I get it now.  The phase 2 stake claim seems to be only for those who have a stake on nxt ae, right?   I have a token that was messaged to me here and registered/claimed it through the given link, so Im not supposed to go through that process of sending a message to that nxt account with my newly created real nem address and token code, right?  So I just wait for?  Sorry for the confusion but there is a lot of confusing info going around.

CCO   MNVPaetsHpxr97mRDqqPuV6PQoSVbFgPVE    NEM-test  TBZXHE-TD6AO6-PHSFZL-SZ7MWS-JEEI7C-EFCUC2-7Y7V
LTC    LcAQUMNhqDYesRRYMxMAsE5rhAAseDMDp7
XPM   AHDtLd993oYke4Zrm5dDG5WGtgyaUaMTCK
NXT   16706883867271464458
DOGE DBGiKBD1HZ8yfTdTcX5m8T7mY4X4cUVnEz
Pages: « 1 ... 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 [402] 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: