Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:12:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701044 times)
ltcsprite

Activity: 269
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:03:53 AM

nevermind, new install, left defender on or something and prevented me from connecting. 

all good

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eminer001

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:58:32 AM

In my experience LUX gives farrrr less than the estimates of any mining calc.

You are totally WRONG!

Open aHashPool website an you will see 3000 miners on phi right now.

On my statistics last night phi was the most profitable for 80% of the time.

Every AM user that did not had phi algo mining just lost more than 20% because of your ignorance and lack of research.

I advise you to add the missing coins and algos.

I do think that it is not fair to make users of AM loose thousands  of dollars every hour because of your ignorance of not having all algorithms added in managed profit miner. I added myself and earning a lot more than everybody else that do not have all coins by default.

Who thinks like me that it is better to have all coins added by default in the next release and some new pools besides the few ones that are overloaded and not responding that we have now ?
eminer001

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:05:56 AM

I noticed PHI1612 algo with LUX coin is very profitable almost all the time and better than most of the coins and also if you notice on aHashPool almost half of the pool is mining PHI algo, but AwesomeMiner does not include LUX coin and PHI1612 algorithm that will give at least 20% more profit if being used instead of the best other coins from AM.

Can you add the missing coins and mining algorithms for the next release, patrike ?
There are plenty of coins more profitable that AM ignores and are not added by default.

I added PHI1612 and LUX coin manually in many areas for pool and coin configs and it works. There is a bug that was noticed by a previous user, when you save initially the custom pool service for PHI,
AM removes the .com  from field "URL base" and the process won't start. I edited, added.com and saved again and it worked, the same as a previous user did and notified a few days ago.

It would be great to see the missing algorithms from AM that have hundreds of users on aHashPool and MinigPoolHub and add them to AM's new release. This will increase the daily revenue by at least 30% as it happened to me, but I had to add manually some missing and very profitable algo and coins.

I bet the users of AM will be very happy to see they are earning 30% more just because important algos like PHI are missing from AM, do you all agree ?
Hi, can you help, show screenshots of your configuration missing coins PHI1612 algo coin LUX?

You have to do a lot of configurations. The best is to have all coins added by default in AM and some new pools.  Until than you will earn 30% less money every hour.
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:18:48 AM

I find AM to be remarkably accurate in revenue estimation.  Mining equihash the amount AM estimates is pretty spot on.

I agree i tested it on Nice hash for about a hour one time an watched AM it was as you said pretty spot on. ofc others for what ever reason will say I'm wrong which is fine but i did also test it one day and i did get what it said i would, give or take one or two bucks off so to me that is pretty dam accurate, it's all way gonna be off more or less depending on the time or what it is selling for the next day .

I'm not sure profit mining is worth it using some services, but it's a big feature of AM, and that brings in new users.

It is unfortunate that there are many new folks who don't understand how profit switching works, and how AM is calculating potential profit.  Your mileage will vary a lot depending on how the pool handles exchanges, the price at the time it hits the exchange, difficulty spikes, pool fees, PPLNS losses from switching too fast, pool luck, miner fees, etc.

Folks think that whattomine is the gospel, when it's nothing more than a general state of things at that point in time.  Estimated profits on services like zpool, mph, and others are "estimated" for a reason.  AM is just reporting what the services says... again at that point in time.  Nicehash is a little unique because it calculates your BTC payments based upon the demand from renters on the service and the algo of the moment.  Nicehash's "hot coin" is not necessarily tied to exchange rates, hashrates, and difficulty, but what renters are willing to pay to go after those coins.  Renters have all kinds of different strategies, like tackling low difficulty coins when they start their downswing so they get more coin for their rented hashrate.  Or hitting a PPS pool right after a block with a ton of rented hashrate to boost their shares, then switch to another coin or pool at another block.

If someone really truly wanted to profit switch, they would setup individual pools for their favorite coins (you could even use the built in online services pools), and make a pool group to switch between those coins... then AM would switch using whattomine data.  Set AM's switching interval to check for changes in data to a much higher rate than 10 minutes (probably best set to hours) and the profit switch threshold %... then AM will switch much less often, and you will get a nice steady and mostly predictable payout.
Chapster

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:26:54 AM

For NiceHash, it appears to be fairly accurate - within 95% range.

But for AHashPool and HashRefinary, they are still wildly off. Of course, not the fault of AM but still, that's what you get. I haven't even tried the ZPool yet due to it having somewhat worse reputation than the others supported by AM but I'm going to try that out within few days.

I'm trying to figure out the right % for each pool so that I can more realistically do profit switching across different pools. For now, I'm sticking to one pool at a time and figuring out what this % should be.

Without the right %, pool switching is pretty much useless - 90% of the time it will be AHashPool, 8% HashRefinery then 2% for the rest.

In my tests, these are the numbers I found:

Nicehash: 98%
MiningPoolHub: around 98%, probably a bit more
Ahashpool: about 68%
Hashrefinery: about 75%
Zpool: less than 60% of what they actually publish
puwaha

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:29:15 AM

Is there a trick to be able to add a pool using awesome miner and baikal?

Every pool I add using awesome miner to my baikal it defaults to x11 algo.

When you setup the pool, did you tell it what algo the pool is using?  Then when you highlight the Baikal miner in the list of miners in AM... then click on the pools tab in the bottom section, you can add the pool.  You can see that it shows up on the main screen on the baikal web page.  It doesn't add it to the saved pools list on the miner page on the baikal web page.
moppidoo

Activity: 348
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:55:57 AM

You are totally WRONG!

Every AM user that did not had phi algo mining just lost more than 20% because of your ignorance and lack of research.

I do think that it is not fair to make users of AM loose thousands  of dollars every hour because of your ignorance of not having all algorithms added in managed profit miner. I added myself and earning a lot more than everybody else that do not have all coins by default.

Who thinks like me that it is better to have all coins added by default in the next release and some new pools besides the few ones that are overloaded and not responding that we have now ?

I don't think it's a fair thing to ask Patrike to constantly monitor and keep up to date on services, AM is a tool for managing your mining operation, it is not affiliated nor does it likely that Patrike get any share from those pools revenue, it is versatile and not newbie friendly, if you are into mining, you'd already done a lot of research. What it provided in default profiles and services is just a easy start like Puwaha said, but it doesn't stop there. Nor is Patrike responsible for what potentially you might earn...you are able to do all these changes, fairly easily once you get the hang of how things work in AM.

Issues such as custom pools not working as it should, wrong json being parsed from whattomine api should be reported so Patrike can fix, as a priority, but adding missing algos/coins and every possible one out there all the time isn't quite so...not to mention a lot of ppl (especially new users) are taking what's for granted and was just using the free version of AM and still want the best automation possible, like as if all SW developers and pool operators are conspiring against their users and freeloaders alike.

MultiPools enables and disables algo/coins all the time like zPool...AM is to work with any pools, not a specific pool only and Patrike shouldn't be wasting time on something like this.

just my 2 satoshis
STSMiner

Activity: 269
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:04:07 AM

Hi Patrike,

Feature request.

I'd like to be able to load in a custom config file (ConfigData.xml) from a set of folders as show below.

The config(s) work with Zpool at this time, but to use them I have to copy the ConfigData.xml file to the \Roaming\AwesomeMiner folder.

It would be great if there was a Save / Load option for Custom Configs for Zpool / Hash Refinery etc.

The configs have been made for whatever the wallet is for payout, ie BTC, XVG, DASH and so on.

This would be great if you could add this feature.

The next feature

The option to add a service in Options > Online Services is OK, but it lacks the ability to add a new site thats not pre-built into Awesome Miner, example here is Yiimp.eu and a few others.

This would be a great addition too if this could be added to allow the user to add sites / services here so that Awesome Miner can use those sites to it's full potential and not just Pool options in  Options > Pools.

I look forward to some thoughts on these from others too.

Thanks.

ordimans

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:44:29 AM

Can you explain me why when i define a pool coin on a nicehash scrypt pool (for Litecoin)
Each restart of AM, the coin is lost and it's undef ?

The coin is defined on the pool too.

IT's a bug ? Or not possible to define a pool on nicehash pool ? if yes why ?

bump ??

And it will be possible to xnsub work with change pool function ?
Chapster

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:45:10 AM

Hi Patrike,
The next feature

The option to add a service in Options > Online Services is OK, but it lacks the ability to add a new site thats not pre-built into Awesome Miner, example here is Yiimp.eu and a few others.

This would be a great addition too if this could be added to allow the user to add sites / services here so that Awesome Miner can use those sites to it's full potential and not just Pool options in  Options > Pools.

I look forward to some thoughts on these from others too.

Thanks.

I second this!
kasparpalgi

Activity: 92

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 12:57:50 PM

Hey, is it possible to see hashrate history graph more than 1 hour? 24h like many others do would be really helpful. Also, I have read that it's suggested to right click on the miner and "save hashrate" regularly but I was wondering if it would be maybe useful if AM could just save automatically regularly hashrate.

Another really useful think I know for example ethmonitoring.com does is to take the actual profit earned from pool itself.
ruplikminer

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:22:30 PM

Is there any way to set an overclock profile per gpu and per algo?

so for example MINER01 -> GPU0 -> will have different overclock settings based on the different algos THEN MINER01 -> GPU1 -> will have different overclock settings based on the different algos  and so on

is it possible?
tf2addict

Activity: 675
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:35:20 PM

Please add Intense (ITNS) and Masari (MSR).  Small, but profitable, CryptoNight coins.
cashen

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:50:49 PM

I know you're working on a lot of these. Keep up the great work!!

1 Suggestion.

1. Move the "Current" vs "24 hour average" to profit page
2. Have it be current or Custom, where custom is average in X mins. This will allow the user to choose 5 minutes, 1440 for 1 day etc.

Anyone like or dislike this suggestion please provide constructive feedback.
puwaha

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:25:11 PM

I setup something neat last night using AM and thought I'd share it with you all here.

I bought an ASIC that crashes every 30 minutes or so.  I'm still working with the seller to get it replaced, and he is very adamant about getting it working, sending me new components, and has even offered to send me a refund for the days it hasn't been mining.  Great guy, I'll post about the experience later when it's all settled.

Anyway... so the ASIC runs for 30 minutes at a pop and requires a reboot to get going again.  I had a Wemo Insight smart plug that has some basic "turn on" and "turn off" applets at IFTTT.  There is also an applet where you email IFTTT's email address with some hash tag in the subject line, it will trigger the applet.  Light bulbs went off, and I realized I can use AM to track the ASIC and send an email to IFTTT to trigger the turn off and turn on Wemo applet.

So, in IFTTT, I setup two applets with one where the "if this" trigger is the mail applet with a hash tag of "#off" in the subject line... to perform the "then this" action to turn off the Wemo smart plug.  I then setup the second applet to do nearly the same thing but look for a hash tag of "#on" in the subject line to perform the "then this" action to turn on the Wemo smart plug.

Then I go into AM's rules and setup a user rule.  I setup the trigger to ping the IP address of the ASIC and if hasn't responded in 9 seconds to do the action.  The action section is a small set functions in AM that run in sequence.  The first action is to send an email to the IFTTT email address with a "#off" in the subject line.  Then I put a Wait action for 10 seconds.  Then put another email action to send an email to the IFTTT email address with a "#on" in the subject line.  Finally, I put 6 individual wait actions for 60 seconds each.  It basically runs like this:

If no response from IP address for 9 seconds then
    Send and email with #off
    wait 10 seconds
    send another email with #on
    wait for 60 seconds
    wait for 60 seconds
    wait for 60 seconds
    wait for 60 seconds
    wait for 60 seconds
    wait for 60 seconds

I needed to put the waits in there at the end of the script because it takes a minute or two or three for the ASIC to fully power on and start responding to pings.  Otherwise, every 9 seconds without a ping response would cause AM to trigger again, turning off the smart plug and back on again.

This opens up a whole new realm of possibilities with using Awesome Miner and smart devices using IFTTT.  I have had a few problematic GPU rigs in the past that would hard-lock up and the only way to get them going again was to power cycle them.  I have a Raspberry Pi with some relays setup on the power switch pins to do just that.  There is some code that I modified to trigger the relays with a momentarily close the relay to "hold down power for 6 seconds" action and then wait 5 seconds, then momentarily close the relay for a half second to power on.  It works mostly the same way as the AM/IFTTT/Wemo setup works above.  If it doesn't receive a response from the rig by pinging every 30 minutes, then it assumes it's down and does the power cycle sequence.  It doesn't always work correctly, because sometimes the rig will hard-lock, but still respond to pings!

The AM/IFTTT/Wemo setup is a million times easier to setup, and incredibly more flexible.  It would be simple for anyone to use something similar to monitor their rigs for hard lockups.  You don't have to just limit it to ping replies in AM, you could have dead device, offline, submitted shares, or hashrate thresholds as a trigger.  AM makes this easy.

Suffice it to say, I'll be getting a few more Wemo smart plugs so that AM can monitor all my rigs and take appropriate action.  There's not a worse feeling when you are out of town, look at your AM web page and see a rig that is down... and you won't be back to take any action for a few days.  This also opens up easy automation opportunities for mining rigs you may have at another site.

cashen

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:36:17 PM

I setup something neat last night using AM and thought I'd share it with you all here.

I bought an ASIC that crashes every 30 minutes or so.  I'm still working with the seller to get it replaced, and he is very adamant about getting it working, sending me new components, and has even offered to send me a refund for the days it hasn't been mining.  Great guy, I'll post about the experience later when it's all settled.

Anyway... so the ASIC runs for 30 minutes at a pop and requires a reboot to get going again.  I had a Wemo Insight smart plug that has some basic "turn on" and "turn off" applets at IFTTT.  There is also an applet where you email IFTTT's email address with some hash tag in the subject line, it will trigger the applet.  Light bulbs went off, and I realized I can use AM to track the ASIC and send an email to IFTTT to trigger the turn off and turn on Wemo applet.

So, in IFTTT, I setup two applets with one where the "if this" trigger is the mail applet with a hash tag of "#off" in the subject line... to perform the "then this" action to turn off the Wemo smart plug.  I then setup the second applet to do nearly the same thing but look for a hash tag of "#on" in the subject line to perform the "then this" action to turn on the Wemo smart plug.

Then I go into AM's rules and setup a user rule.  I setup the trigger to ping the IP address of the ASIC and if hasn't responded in 9 seconds to do the action.  The action section is a small set functions in AM that run in sequence.  The first action is to send an email to the IFTTT email address with a "#off" in the subject line.  Then I put a Wait action for 10 seconds.  Then put another email action to send an email to the IFTTT email address with a "#on" in the subject line.  Finally, I put 6 individual wait actions for 60 seconds each.  It basically runs like this:

Send and email with #off
    wait 10 seconds
    wait for 60 seconds
    wait for 60 seconds
    wait for 60 seconds
    wait for 60 seconds
    wait for 60 seconds
    wait for 60 seconds

I needed to put the waits in there at the end of the script because it takes a minute or two or three for the ASIC to fully power on and start responding to pings.  Otherwise, every 9 seconds without a ping response would cause AM to trigger again, turning off the smart plug and back on again.

This opens up a whole new realm of possibilities with using Awesome Miner and smart devices using IFTTT.  I have had a few problematic GPU rigs in the past that would hard-lock up and the only way to get them going again was to power cycle them.  I have a Raspberry Pi with some relays setup on the power switch pins to do just that.  There is some code that I modified to trigger the relays with a momentarily close the relay to "hold down power for 6 seconds" action and then wait 5 seconds, then momentarily close the relay for a half second to power on.  It works mostly the same way as the AM/IFTTT/Wemo setup works above.  If it doesn't receive a response from the rig by pinging every 30 minutes, then it assumes it's down and does the power cycle sequence.  It doesn't always work correctly, because sometimes the rig will hard-lock, but still respond to pings!

The AM/IFTTT/Wemo setup is a million times easier to setup, and incredibly more flexible.  It would be simple for anyone to use something similar to monitor their rigs for hard lockups.  You don't have to just limit it to ping replies in AM, you could have dead device, offline, submitted shares, or hashrate thresholds as a trigger.  AM makes this easy.

Suffice it to say, I'll be getting a few more Wemo smart plugs so that AM can monitor all my rigs and take appropriate action.  There's not a worse feeling when you are out of town, look at your AM web page and see a rig that is down... and you won't be back to take any action for a few days.  This also opens up easy automation opportunities for mining rigs you may have at another site.

This is awesome.

I just bought APC switched PDUs. I bet I could setup something very similar.
yhbae

Activity: 119

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:02:41 PM

Send and email with #off
    wait 10 seconds
    wait for 60 seconds
    wait for 60 seconds
    wait for 60 seconds
    wait for 60 seconds
    wait for 60 seconds
    wait for 60 seconds

Interesting... I made an order for one of these plug as well to try out the concept you outlined above. The only issue I read with this approach is that another source tells me that IFTTT takes an hour to propagate the signal to the plug, which is kinda slow (although better than nothing I suppose).

So was this not the case for you? How long does it take for the plug to "react"?

I currently use TP-Link's smart plugs (HS110) for my rigs and it too can measure the power consumption and it is very reliable, but  I couldn't find any ways to use IFTTT to reboot the rig when the overall power consumption dips below certain level. It simply doesn't exist.
yhbae

Activity: 119

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:05:41 PM

For NiceHash, it appears to be fairly accurate - within 95% range.

But for AHashPool and HashRefinary, they are still wildly off. Of course, not the fault of AM but still, that's what you get. I haven't even tried the ZPool yet due to it having somewhat worse reputation than the others supported by AM but I'm going to try that out within few days.

I'm trying to figure out the right % for each pool so that I can more realistically do profit switching across different pools. For now, I'm sticking to one pool at a time and figuring out what this % should be.

Without the right %, pool switching is pretty much useless - 90% of the time it will be AHashPool, 8% HashRefinery then 2% for the rest.

In my tests, these are the numbers I found:

Nicehash: 98%
MiningPoolHub: around 98%, probably a bit more
Ahashpool: about 68%
Hashrefinery: about 75%
Zpool: less than 60% of what they actually publish

So far, my numbers are not far off from yours.

For MPH, is that number based on BTC auto-exchange or are you mining a specific coin and receive only that coin?

Thanks.
ydem

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:28:26 PM

You are totally WRONG!

Totally agree with your statement, please add the missing algo PHI, for now i call this app 'Almost Awesome Miner', keep it awesome Cheesy
wtfonly16

Activity: 285
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:41:03 PM

doesnt let u add miners with diff ports wtf....

192.168.1.129:1337 is ip and doesnt work... i change api to 3333 and it works... completly ignores port

the fuck is this shit?

ye i aint bares
Pages: « 1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: