Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:23:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 700984 times)
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 09:52:42 PM

I remember reading a post on here that said you can copy over the configuration file and not have to start again updating everything in awesome miner.  I am setting up my new dedicated mining computer and just tried this and nothing carried over.  Can someone please explain how to do it?  I went to appdata local awesome miner on current machine and copied to new machine, went to roaming as well and copied to new machine and awesomeminer still opens blank.
Awesome Miner stores all configuration in the file ConfigData.xml located in the folder %appdata%\AwesomeMiner.

To copy the configuration from one computer to another, make sure that Awesome Miner isn't running and copy the file ConfigData.xml to the other computer.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yhbae

Activity: 119
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:55:22 PM

Hi,

First of all, I'm spending about 70 hours a week on Awesome Miner and serving all customer questions via mail. There is no need to be rude and call people lazy, so please stop doing that - thanks!

Second, due to the large number of questions about getting right now, I've been prioritizing all customers with a paid license that ask specific questions via mail. Except for the last week, I've also been very active in this thread trying to answer as many questions and requests as I possibly can. Because the popularity of mining has increased a lot recently, it's difficult for me to keep up. Also, in many cases the answers can be found on in the FAQ or Help section on the web page.

Third, you can add any algorithm or mining software to Awesome Miner.

Please don't get me wrong here - I appreciate all feedback and question. But let's work together on having a nice discussion to resolve any issues or missing feature. Thanks!

Patrike,

I've been working in the software industry for more than 20 years so I have some experience in this field. IMO, you are doing a wonderful job in both coding and supporting the application.

Please just ignore those immature comments, and keep doing what you are doing! I for one, will be upgrading my license & the cloud license to the next level shortly!  Grin

Your efforts are much appreciated!
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 09:57:01 PM

I have set up two rules according to http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/rules.aspx one that starts mining when my computer is idle for X minutes, and another rule that stops mining when the computer is no longer idle. This doesn't seem to work very reliably though, sometimes it won't stop mining even though I am using the computer.

Does anyone know the actual logic behind this function? How does Awesome Miner decide when the computer is and isn't "idle"? Is it just based on mouse or keyboard input?

I've not tried this function.  For most miners, they dedicate the whole rig to mining.  I understand what you are trying to do, but if you have AM running on that same computer, you can just click "stop" when you want to use the computer, and then the rule to start mining when the computer is idle should kick in when you are done.  Patrike may be able to give more information on what constitutes "idle" though.

Thanks for the response. After some testing, it does indeed seem like it only considers mouse and keyboard input when deciding if the machine is idle. This means that if you were to e.g. play a movie or watch a video (or in my case, stream a game to my Nvidia Shield using Gamestream), Awesome Miner will still think the computer is idle and start mining after the set interval. At least that's how I suspect the behavior is like.

Maybe the behavior could be changed to consider running a 3D application as the computer being in use? Would be amazing for those of us who run Awesome Miner on their main desktop and only want to mine when the computer isn't in use.
Awesome Miner requests the "idle time" information from Windows. It's based on mouse/keyboard input. Awesome Miner cannot detect activities like playing movies and so on right now.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 10:03:14 PM

I am new to mining and am setting up Awesome Miner.

I don't understand how to set up the balance display.

1) in the options->balance window I need to specify the Address(public key) for the coins to be displayed.  How do I get the appropiate public key(s) to display the value of coins in my Mining Pool Hub account?

2)  When a wallet creates multiple reciving addresses do all addresses to be displayed get added to the options list or by adding one are all captured by listing one of the public keys?

3) Is there a Block Explorer wwhich works for ZenCash ?  For Monero?

4) Other than https://chainz.cryptoid.info where are good places to look for compatible block explorers?
1) Awesome Miner cannot get your current MPH balance, only after payout. I do plan to add the feature to show pool balance information as well.

2) You need to specify each public address

3 - 4) I don't have any knowledge of any other Block Explorers that works, but that isn't the same as there are none. Maybe someone else have information on this? The difficulty is that many block explorers have their own API's, and although Awesome Miner tries to be smart and support as many formats as possible - it's not possible to support all of them.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 10:15:44 PM

Hey guys!

Thank you very much for creating AM! I'm currently using it on all my 3x6 rigs now.

I would like to invest further in the software. Just wanted to confirm a few things from those who already have version beyond the free one.

1. If I upgrade, would I be able to manage all 3-6 rigs for example from 1 rig that I use as my main?
2. How do I get the most of the "Balance" page in the GUI?
3. Would more pools be added in the profile switching section later on or is this something I can do on my own via the customs pools? I understand I can mine specific coins via the customs pool as I already tried this with a few coins in the past.
4. I use nvidia gpu's. If I mine via dstm and ccminer in the profiles, I get errors that the rm.exe file needs reinstalling for dstm and ccminer crashes. This only happens to 1 or the rigs. Would anyone be kind enough to point me in the right direction as to how I can fix this?
5. Are there any tips as to how I can stabilize settings so that my current AM doesn't restart miner after a few mins? I've double checked on my rules and they're conservative enough to wait for progress and such. I'm not pushing the gpu's so much too. On one of my rigs which have the same settings, I can get 8hours straight of uninterrupted mining.

Thank you! Smiley
Hi and thanks for your nice feedback.

1) The best deployment is to run Awesome Miner on a separate computer, but it also works fine to run it on one of your miners. Then you install Remote Agent on all other mining rigs. The single Awesome Miner instance will let you manage and monitor the mining of all your mining rigs in a single user interface

2) Please note that this feature is only about balance of public wallet addresses, not your pool current pool balance (yet). For details, please see:
http://awesomeminer.com/help/coinbalance.aspx

3) I try to have the most popular pools as predefined, but I will never be able to include everything. You can add your own custom pools to the profit switcher as well.

4 - 5) Do you get any output if you click the Diagnostics button in Awesome Miner, or are these softwares crashing right away without any additional information? This issue is probably outside the scope of Awesome Miner. You can also find the general troubleshooting tips here:
http://awesomeminer.com/help/troubleshooting-gpu.aspx

Igoddone

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:29:11 PM

How can i start mining Luxcoin with AM? I've created a new algo , but i can't select it to start, i'm using Rx480.

Things that i did:

Enabled the algo in "Managed Software"
Add the urls in "Statistics"> "Whattomine "
Add url in "Online Services"

Where do i put my wallet address ? Why i can't select the specific coin?

thanks for the help.
yhbae

Activity: 119

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:31:32 PM

How can i start mining Luxcoin with AM? I've created a new algo , but i can't select it to start, i'm using Rx480.

Things that i did:

Enabled the algo in "Managed Software"
Add the urls in "Statistics"> "Whattomine "
Add url in "Online Services"

Where do i put my wallet address ? Why i can't select the specific coin?

thanks for the help.

I just went through this process and got it working. It's all explained within this thread on this page:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676942.4240
war4peace

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:55:11 PM

Hi all,

I'm sure this has been answered before, but I couldn't find an answer for the life of me, nor did the Options scouring work.

One simple question:

How do I minimize or close Awesome Miner to System Tray?

That's all.

The reason for this is I have kids who have gotten this habit of closing active windows they don't need when they are using the PC. Yes they have their own account but I want to use Awesome Miner on their account as well - hence the need to "hide" it to System Tray.
No.15

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:41:31 PM

Hi all,

I'm sure this has been answered before, but I couldn't find an answer for the life of me, nor did the Options scouring work.

One simple question:

How do I minimize or close Awesome Miner to System Tray?

That's all.

The reason for this is I have kids who have gotten this habit of closing active windows they don't need when they are using the PC. Yes they have their own account but I want to use Awesome Miner on their account as well - hence the need to "hide" it to System Tray.

I don't know if this will help in your situation.
I install AM remote on the other machines in my house.  Then I login to a separate account on those machines, let AM remote start and then lock the account and log on with the main user.  I control the other computers remotely with my "main" computer.  That will keep AM running unless someone reboots the remote machine.
war4peace

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:06:20 AM

Doesn't really help. I want to be able to allow my kids to restart the machine if needed, watch cartoons, play their games, all while the miner is doing its thing in the background.
Vertcoin OCM does this (autostart at login, start minimized to System Tray, start mining automatically), and I've written a small Visual Basic application which does the same for CPU mining (I mine UIS using Yescrypt on Hash refinery with CPUminer-opt). My VB app uses a cmd wrapper to allow easy window manipulation etc.

Awesome Miner already has a System Tray icon, it makes little sense for it to not be able to minimize to System Tray - I just couldn't find the option.
Igoddone

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:22:38 AM

i can't mine Lux with AM. i can't even benchmark it.

Luxcoin/phi1612 is on Coin Tab, Online Services etc.

What i need to do on the Profit Switching tab forx exemple, i want to mine with Zpool.

Sibtigr

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:03:08 AM

Please add miner

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2565979.0
Mr.Spider703

Activity: 392
Merit: 27

http://radio.r41.ru

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 03:17:26 AM

hi petrike.
4 cards are installed on the PC, three of them are 1060, and one is 1080, only one card is used for testing, is it possible to do something so that all the cards are used when benchmarking
moppidoo

Activity: 348
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:43:00 AM

i can't mine Lux with AM. i can't even benchmark it.

Luxcoin/phi1612 is on Coin Tab, Online Services etc.

What i need to do on the Profit Switching tab forx exemple, i want to mine with Zpool.

If you already have algo and online services showing up properly, then you only need to make sure you enable it in the phi capable mining software of your choice that suits your hardware, refer to step 7, then you should be able to benchmark it without issues.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676942.msg28660810#msg28660810

cheers

PS. make sure you enable the algo in the software, and enable the software in your profit profile too!
moppidoo

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:45:02 AM

hi petrike.
4 cards are installed on the PC, three of them are 1060, and one is 1080, only one card is used for testing, is it possible to do something so that all the cards are used when benchmarking

when you do benchmark, the GPU dropdown list on the Benchmark window should show one of the choice as "All Combined", would that be what you are looking for?
moppidoo

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:48:19 AM

you should be able to add palgin's hsr miner as a generic miner, but since it didn't have api yet (planned down the track), you kind of only can do so much with it atm with AM.
Alex735566

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:20:50 AM

We all lost hours instead of having all coins and algos added in this paid software. If the developer is so busy and lazy pay an Indian to add the coins and to export the config files. It is being asked for weeks and developers do not care. Add all algos and coins.

For the past days persons that mined PHI made 30% more money and phi is the most mined and most profitable algo on all pools.

Today phi is most profitable and users are not able to add it or are unaware about money they lost and tomorrow will be another algo that is missing, all because the developers do not care or want to pay $100 to someone and create the conflig  files for all algos and coins.

We are all tired of lazy developers from the team that do not care when we all loose thousands of dollars every day.
You can answer me?
eminer001

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:46:18 AM

We all lost hours instead of having all coins and algos added in this paid software. If the developer is so busy and lazy pay an Indian to add the coins and to export the config files. It is being asked for weeks and developers do not care. Add all algos and coins.

For the past days persons that mined PHI made 30% more money and phi is the most mined and most profitable algo on all pools.

Today phi is most profitable and users are not able to add it or are unaware about money they lost and tomorrow will be another algo that is missing, all because the developers do not care or want to pay $100 to someone and create the conflig  files for all algos and coins.

We are all tired of lazy developers from the team that do not care when we all loose thousands of dollars every day.
You can answer me?

Patrike said that he must spend all time answering support  questions instead of coding and releasing new versions of the app with new coins and algos , so we are all disappointed, not just you. The app did not get new releases and new coins and algos for a long time.

I think patrike should concentrate on software development and leave somebody else answering support questions because he is a developer not an email answering support person.

Do you also think we should see new releases and more algos added instead of emails answering all day ?
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:17:54 AM

Hello guys,

I have a problem with awesome miner and my antivirus - first I downloaded it, it worked perfectly. But I had to reinstall OS and when I've tried to launch awesome miner again, it hasn't work, because antivirus is probably blocking it (at least that's what notification said). I am using ESET NOD32, I've set exceptions to all Awesome miner's folders, but still - when I start mining, it often works, but only with first currency, then it wants to change the currency and the same error again - antivirus is probably blocking the app. When I try diagnostics, it says that it couldn't find files needed for mining that specific currency in \AppData\Local\AwesomeMiner.
Does someone please know, what to do with that? What should I set that ESET won't block downloading of new files needed for mining? It's annoying, when I want to mine whole day and it stops after like 2 hours...

Thank you very much!

Are you excluding the whole c:\users\yourusername\appdata\local\AwesomeMiner folder in your Antivirus?  That should do it.
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:22:18 AM

4. I use nvidia gpu's. If I mine via dstm and ccminer in the profiles, I get errors that the rm.exe file needs reinstalling for dstm and ccminer crashes. This only happens to 1 or the rigs. Would anyone be kind enough to point me in the right direction as to how I can fix this?

Patrike answered most of your questions, but I know that DSTM needs the Visual C++ 2015 redistributable installed to work properly.  Please try this and then try DSTM again.

5. Are there any tips as to how I can stabilize settings so that my current AM doesn't restart miner after a few mins? I've double checked on my rules and they're conservative enough to wait for progress and such. I'm not pushing the gpu's so much too. On one of my rigs which have the same settings, I can get 8hours straight of uninterrupted mining.

Thank you! Smiley

What is causing the restart?  Is it the lack of accepted shares after 8 minutes (I think this is a default rule?)  What algo is it mining when this happens?  What software is running when this happens?  What kind of GPUs are you using?  What kind of over/underclocks are you using?
Pages: « 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: