Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:30:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... 647 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701283 times)
moppidoo

Activity: 348
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:47:50 AM

What do you think ?
When all the other 4 pools have no issue, and when zergpool has this issue for 6 hours making 4500 miners loose all for 6 hours, it's something from bad management of the pool, right ?
Also AM should implement a protection against this type of  behavior from pools, right ?

Once I get the current development release done and released as v4.7 I will start investigating how Awesome Miner can be improved to detect more of these pool related issues.

I agree that Awesome Miner should be able to analyze and find pools that are reporting unrealistic numbers in terms of profitability. Please keep in mind that when you mine on Zergpool and similar, Awesome Miner may not have full insight in the coin details of what you are actually mining. The profit information is however always known.

@eminer, I think you could take a break from mining at a pool, at times like this, ppl are rather sensitive cause you are no longer making 15 dollars a day with 1080Tis, and it's going to continue to be the case unless BTC picks up the steam again (If and only IF). That being said, you know why other 4 pools are fine? (I'd correct you that the online services, there are only 3 "other" pools, and out of the 3, HashRefinery don't currently have x17 listed. that leaves you with the 2 and they all shut the xvg pools down following ocminer's suit @ SuprNova, Zerg also followed suit, just not as fast...and you probably haven't realized that pinpins is also human, he needs sleep.

The other factor is that you got to be joking if you think Hackers are going to inform everyone as to WHEN they will carry out attacks? 6 hours response time is reasonable, nobody gained, the pool itself is also a victim.

@Patrike
Some ideas, I'm sure many other's would also love to share their experience and opinions on how to tackle this. I've been mining obscure coins on various pools and uses @soothaa's coin plugin + my own implementation based on his work. What is obvious IMHO is that difficulty plays the greatest factor in the fluctuations. It is certainly more pronounced with new, obscure, new unpopular coins since the difficulty Delta% can be rather high.

Another obvious thing is that relying data on WTM only is also causing an issue, the siteOP simply cannot actively keeps track of all blockchains state and there's been already several coins having stats stuck for hours in the past few days, some are even Active(not listed) and not flagged as lagging LUX has been stuck at 5184.281 difficulty for the past 8~10 hours at WTM today....still stuck now.

Thus, I believe, some sort of cross check between WTM, or the ability to read various explorer's (including pool's) difficulty value would be a good way to provide a reference safeguarding figure as well as redundancy. For personal use currently, I already am tapping into actual pool's reported difficulty for several coins even if they have json @ WTM...that to me, makes a difference (WTM being rather unreliable lately or just me ;p)

From there, you have a very current difficulty value, this could simply used to compare with the 24h value readily available from the pools or WTM, and set some formula to detect that if the current difficulty value if stayed at it's level for a defined period, would drastically cause the 24h Difficulty %Delta to skew such that profit becames unrealistic. Where to find the best values so it balances is subject to tweaking, either hardcoded, or can be defined by user just like the profit switching % threshold.

my 2c... just to get the brain storming going so some long term solutions can be developed and implemented.
textb0ok

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:52:11 AM

There seems to be a real problem with X16r.

Every morning I wake up and my most profitable rig is not mining anything at all, because it was mining X16r and then it just stopped overnight and did not start mining anything else.

I am losing a lot of profit because of this.

PLEASE FIX...
Has the mining software crashed multiple times? If crashed, it will be noted on the Notifications tab and you will see what mining software, algorithm and pool that was active then the crash happend. By default Awesome Miner will restart a crashed mining process, but if it fails too many times within a few minutes, Awesome Miner will give up. You can configure how many times Awesome Miner should try to restart a miner with frequent crashes in the Options dialog, Advanced section: "Restart attemps on process crash".

Yes I know and I love that part of Awesome Miner, but it doesn't appear to be working at all. It actually just happened to me while it was mining.

X16r seems to start and stop a lot, but there are no fails. If you mean the "Notes" tab it is completely empty.

It looks like it just stops and never restarts unless you manually start it. Honestly I would just disable X16r but it shows as the most profitable for this rig.

This is the only algo that causes this issue.  Huh
moppidoo

Activity: 348
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:58:27 AM

Every morning I wake up and my most profitable rig is not mining anything at all, because it was mining X16r and then it just stopped overnight and did not start mining anything else.

PLEASE FIX...
Has the mining software crashed multiple times? If crashed, it will be noted on the Notifications tab and you will see what mining software, algorithm and pool that was active then the crash happend. By default Awesome Miner will restart a crashed mining process, but if it fails too many times within a few minutes, Awesome Miner will give up. You can configure how many times Awesome Miner should try to restart a miner with frequent crashes in the Options dialog, Advanced section: "Restart attemps on process crash".

Yes I know and I love that part of Awesome Miner, but it doesn't appear to be working at all. It actually just happened to me while it was mining.

X16r seems to start and stop a lot, but there are no fails. If you mean the "Notes" tab it is completely empty.

It looks like it just stops and never restarts unless you manually start it. Honestly I would just disable X16r but it shows as the most profitable for this rig.

Which miner are you using with X16r? Has it successfully mined at all or it simply crashed on every startup of the X16r miner of your choice. What is the GPU you are using?
darius510

Activity: 45

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:27:37 PM

Awesome Miner version 4.6.7 (Development preview of 4.7)

- Benchmark feature improved to benchmark and compare multiple mining software using the same algorithm
- Benchmark can run without preventing access to the user interface
- Adjust profit calculations for Yiimp-based pools to actual performance based on past payouts compared to estimates. Configured in Options dialog, Statistics section.
- Added Notes tab at the bottom of the screen to allow any notes to be entered for the selected miner
- Updated user interface for mining software selection
- Updated miner list to allow selection of multiple miners from different groups
- Added buttons to select all or unselect all algorithms in the Properties of a Profit Profile
- Variables for IP addresses in pool worker names supports padding of leading zeros for each segment of the IP address
- Added context menu to copy MAC address of miner on the Summary tab
- Offline detection trigger allows for longer offline duration to be configured
- Updated pool URL's for Mining Dutch
- Performance optimizations
- Support running as a 64 bit application on 64-bit Windows
- Added new algorithms: X16r, X16s, Cryptonight-Lite and Cryptonight-Heavy
- Added mining software: Sgminer X16r for X16r algorithm
- Added mining software: RavenMiner for X16r algorithm
- Claymore Dual Ethereum Miner 11.6
- Claymore Cryptonight Miner 11.3, including CryptonightV7 support
- Claymore NeoScrypt AMD Miner 1.1
- Bminer 6.1
- CastXMR 0.9.2
- PhoenixMiner 2.8c
- Correction to Verify Password for Cloud Services configuration
- Correction to Unicode encoding for sending messages via SMS and Telegram
- Correction to the batch file execution configured to be running before the miner is started
- Minor corrections

The items in blue have been updated since the previous development preview two days ago. There are also a few additional corrections in this release.

Development versions are intended for users that want to try the latest features before they are made available in the official releases. Development versions are not intended to be deployed at large scale as they have not been tested as much as the official releases. Please make sure that both Awesome Miner and Remote Agent are upgraded to the same version. Also note that once upgraded to a development preview, it isn't possible to downgrade to an older version.

To get access to development versions, open the Options dialog in Awesome Miner. In the General section, enable Check for development versions. Then go to the Menu and click Check for updates

Direct download links if needed:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/download/setupdev/AwesomeMiner.msi
http://www.awesomeminer.com/download/setupdev/AwesomeMinerRemoteService.msi

The plan is to release the official version 4.7 during next week.

Fantastic, this is going to save me hours upon hours of time.  A few more small quality of life requests:

-Make it so that when I select a group with miners that are mixed mining, stopped and offline that it doesnt grey out functions. Start should just start all that are capable of starting, and ignore those that are already running or offline. Stop should stop everything thats running. Upgrade remote agent should just upgrade the ones that are online and upgradeable.

-This one is really simple: Automatically stop the miner when the benchmarking dialog is opened.
O-Coin

Activity: 61
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:30:43 PM

Using Manged Miner, Mining CryptonightV7 on MPH monero Pool, using newest Release of AM 4.6.7 and claymores crytponight 11.3.  How do I get profit info to show?

Had to select Unspec CryptonightV7 Coin for pool to show, Define coin dont have option for Monero Im assuming Monero still linked to Cryptonight somehow in AM.  Any work arounds or suggestions.

Thanks
metz

Activity: 23

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:31:36 PM

Hi,

I thought I would give Awesome Miner a try after seeing a number of positive reviews.

Are there any good / up to date sites showing step by step how to configure the software for Multi Profit mining on MiningPoolHub?

Thanks
darius510

Activity: 45

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:34:38 PM

Also, an unrelated feature request - and I hope this is something simple to implement. Please make the columns customizable for the compact list. I dont particularly care about accept/reject stats, but there's a lot of other information in the summary tab that I'd like constantly displayed near each miner - such as the windows uptime, miner uptime, software being used, the worker/pool, number of GPUs active, individual GPU temps/fan/hash, etc. When I maximize the window the majority of the main window is whitespace, and I have to constantly click each miner to find out simple information like windows uptime. I just want to be able to tell at a glance which machines have low uptime so I can identify the unstable ones. Or I want to know which wallet its mining to at a glance, or which rigs/profiles I didnt configure to use a new software, etc.

And you really, really need to be able to make it possible to ctrl-click miners in different groups. I manage multiple mining farms and I have to keep them in groups so each client can only see information pertaining to their own miners. But when I want to upload new software, apply templates, start/stop miners etc - I have to literally do everything 5 times. Especially when stuff like uploading custom software locks the UI, when you have 50+ miners to update but you can only do 10 at once, I have to constantly babysit it. Something that I could have clicked once, walked away and came back a few minutes later when its all done instead takes a very long time because I have to wait for one to finish to start the next. If I didnt have them in groups I could do this with ease, so I'm between a rock and a hard place. To a lesser extent this is also a problem with the benchmarking - you've been good about adding new software, but in order for me to know whether this software is worth using I need to bench it. We have profit profiles because every software gives different results on every hardware - so obviously I need to bench it separately for each profile. That wouldnt be a big deal if I could bench all 8 of my profiles simultaneously on 8 different rigs, but instead its another thing that takes over an hour of work to do correctly because it locks up the entire UI and I have to go one by one.

Both of these related issues can be incredibly frustrating because kind of the whole point of AM to me is that it makes managing large farms far more practical - but actually using AM with large farms is an exercise in frustration because of UI/UX decisions that result in SO MUCH manual busywork! It may make managing the farms possible but it also makes it so aggravatingly time consuming that I'll be honest, I'm still constantly looking for alternatives to AM that offer a similar level of configurability but require less time and have more informative/flexible UIs. Like AM has great features, but the UI actively makes me not want to use those features because it takes so long to accomplish simple things.
Please check out this feature that allow you to customize the content of the Progress field:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/customizefield.aspx
You can get Windows uptime, miner update and a number of other values. If there are specific fields you miss, like more GPU related information, I can simply expose that as well.

I will enable multi-select of miners across different groups in the next release. It's a very small change and hopefully it will make the experience better for you.

I will also make the benchmark dialog non-modal, making it possible for you to have it running while you continue working with the Awesome Miner main window at the same time. This also makes it possible to benchmarks to different miners at the same time.

Thanks for all feedback.

Absolutely fantastic! I really appreciate your responsiveness to user requests.

Regarding the progress field customization, I'm a coder myself and I tried to achieve this myself a while back, but I found that the documentation of the objects and methods for the C# scripting was somewhat lacking and I couldn't figure it out. I also exclusively use the compact view and it didnt appear to function in that view anyway.
The Customize Progress dialog allows configuration for both the List and Compact List modes. Please let me know what information field that you think I should add to this feature, like GPU fan.

Ah ok, I see it now - I didnt realize "small list" was referring to the compact view. I think any information that's available in the summary, pools, GPU view when you click on a miner should be accessible. Personally I think being able to add/customize columns like other windows programs is a more straightforward way of doing this. But in either case it's really not obvious how to do anything in this field. When you click the link to go to the site for explanation, it shows a couple of examples from the status Object. If Windows uptime is in there I can't find it. Either way I think this is something that should be accessible to non-programmers. If not full blown customizable columns, then at least a bunch of checkboxes so users can easily select what they think is relevant to them. I dont think most people care about the precise formatting that the expressions can provide as long as the information is present.
BCCrypto68

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:52:23 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2018, 05:32:28 PM by BCCrypto68

I think it's important to update claymore to 11.6 for 3gb cards owners.. thanks

You can always stop the miner, copy the updated miner into the same directory and restart the miner. I've done this several times in the past, and it works no problem. Unfortunately there is some lag time behind when new miners get released and AM is able to include them (he's gotta do testing too).

You can also just put it the updated miner in a new directory and point AM at that as well.
textb0ok

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:46:21 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2018, 07:39:15 PM by textb0ok

PLEASE FIX...

Which miner are you using with X16r? Has it successfully mined at all or it simply crashed on every startup of the X16r miner of your choice. What is the GPU you are using?

Awesome Miner is using raven miner and there are no problems with the actual mining. There are no rejected shares or anything like that. It is not crashing in any way..... It just starts mining, and after a little while, it stops mining and does not start again.

Raven miner while it is mining will stop mining at random and then start itself back up again, all the time..... BUT... after a while, it just stops mining and does not start again.

I am having this problem on 3 different rigs.

EDIT: Is there a way to make zergpool, ahashpool, hashrefinery, and zpool use C=LTC, without affecting mining pool hub and mining dutch?

Right now if I right click on the managed miner and I add -p C=LTC to the command line properties.... That will make zergpool, ahashpool, hashrefinery, and zpool use c=LTC, but it causes problems with mining dutch and I suspect it may cause issues with mining pool hub.

EDIT 2: For one of my rigs adding -p C=LTC the the managed profit miner command line properties does not even work, it shows as x in the extra column of any pool. THIS SOFTWARE IS SO INCONSISTENT! I am using windows 10 LTSB on a samsung EVO 840 SSD for all 3 rigs and it is a very basic rig.... how is there so much INCONSISTENCY?Huh?!!!!!
CreamyG31337

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:47:28 PM

profit calc for sumokoin is working properly again with the latest beta, thanks!

BTC tip jar: bc1qtepyll2c9fkn67wpnhunclw4mf39nc2jx79zdh
Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 09:20:52 PM

Having an issue with AvalonMiner 841 and  Awesome Miner connection with the 841's API.

I set the W:192.xxx.xx.xxx in cgminer, and Awesome Miner can connect. However, every few minutes, it disconnects for a minute.
It reconnects, with 0 hour/min uptime and does so over and over. While I have the API access set, cgminer shows no info, but when
I reset the API to default and disconnect from AM, the uptime is correct. The 841 is running the entire time, showing no disconnection
from my pool.

Should the API access ip be entered differently?

My other miners, not AvalonMiners, are having no issues with AM at all during this issue. My AM is up to date as well. TIA!!!
Are the miners on the same local network? If not, it might be that you need to increase the API connection timeout a bit. Even if on the local network, it could be that these Avalon miners are a bit slow in their responses sometimes. Please go to Options dialog, Advanced section and increase "Miner API connection timeout".

They are all on the same network. I'll give your suggestion a try. Thank you!

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
Dihlofos

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:31:21 AM

Correct the order of the graphics cards in the program. In place of the GTX 1070 1080 shows. Video cards for miner are sorted by parameter-d 1,3,5. And in the program for the pool are displayed incorrectly.
Crypoxtreem

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:35:26 AM

Is anyone able to successfully miner hmq1725 on AMD cards in Awesome Miner? I believe it uses sgminer-gm miner, this miner works fine for me on other algos but for hmq1725 the miner opens briefly (less than 1 second) then just stops 7 the window closes.

Help me please  Grin
streaml1ne

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:13:49 PM

Fantastic, this is going to save me hours upon hours of time.  A few more small quality of life requests:

-Make it so that when I select a group with miners that are mixed mining, stopped and offline that it doesnt grey out functions. Start should just start all that are capable of starting, and ignore those that are already running or offline. Stop should stop everything thats running. Upgrade remote agent should just upgrade the ones that are online and upgradeable.

-This one is really simple: Automatically stop the miner when the benchmarking dialog is opened.

A few more little things:

- Be able to right click a miner and go to benchmark directly instead of having to use the top tabs all the time. Now that we can do other things while benchmarking this will make life a bit easier/quicker when making adjustments.

- In the benchmark window it would be nice to right click an algorithm and be able to run diagnostics on that specific algorithm/miner/configuration. Right now to diagnose issues while benchmarking you have to go through a weird dance of either setting the profit really high and starting the miner normally or disabling a ton of algorithms and running diagnostics that way.
btcvinci

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:07:51 PM

Is this for real? vEry good technology i will surely try out
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:16:48 PM

Is this for real? vEry good technology i will surely try out

Yes!  iTs for rEal!  You should try it.
Dalba

Activity: 92

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:45:08 PM

Hello Patrike,
There's still a bug in the benchmark tool. It's a combination of 3 factors :
- cryptonight algorithm (normal, lite...)
- ccminer
- GPU : all combined

When you have those 3 things, Awesome miner doesn't get hashrate at the end of the test, even if this one seems to run correctly.

Could you have a look at this issue ?
Larvitar

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:22:28 PM

Is anyone able to successfully miner hmq1725 on AMD cards in Awesome Miner? I believe it uses sgminer-gm miner, this miner works fine for me on other algos but for hmq1725 the miner opens briefly (less than 1 second) then just stops 7 the window closes.

Help me please  Grin
No, unafortunately not. There is a miner for hmq1725 algorithm, but it's bugged in lastest drivers. You can try it: http://cryptomining-blog.com/7816-new-sgminer-fork-with-hmq1725-algorithm-support-for-amd-gpus/

Same for x17 algorithm. Sgminer can't deal with it.

It's incredible how ccminers are a lot easier miners to multiple algorithms. I have around 10 sgminer in my AM to do what tvuprot's ccminer do. lol

Patrike, I know it's a new territory now and the recent cryptonight forks are newborn babies that isn't completely fine. But... I see the Sumokoin (Cryptonight-heavy) and Monero (cryptonight7) bugged into coin list. I've added it by using WTM Json, but the profit is bugged (for Sumo the day revenue are $0,001819) the same occurs with Monero. The estimted profit is $1,82 in WTM. What exactly I can do to solve this? Just multiply the hash to have a correct profit prediction? Adjust the "H/s" power to "KH/s"? (I did the last one)
textb0ok

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 09:55:45 PM

Everyone be careful of mining blake2s and Lyra2REv2 on hash refinery right now, it looks like they are having the same issue they were having with Verge coin.

None of the shares are showing up on the site. But Awesome Miner is showing it as the most profitable.
hashrefinery

Activity: 120
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 11:18:37 PM

Everyone be careful of mining blake2s and Lyra2REv2 on hash refinery right now, it looks like they are having the same issue they were having with Verge coin.

None of the shares are showing up on the site. But Awesome Miner is showing it as the most profitable.

We've been finding the expected number of blocks relative to hashrate on both algos.

What is your wallet address?

Hash Refinery Pool http://pool.hashrefinery.com/ - Over 50 coins active on 15+ algos - Receive payouts in any listed coin or auto-conversion to BTC
Pages: « 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... 647 »
  Print  

Jump to: