Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:52:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 [289] 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 ... 647 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701289 times)
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 08:46:33 AM

hello

i got a problem suddenly i cant use the deactivate button on my gpu tab in awesome miner anymore.
the deactivate button sjust stayes grayed out regardless which gpu ive selected.

anybody got a clue why thats happening since i used that to just toggle the one gpu i use for gaming so that i can still mine with the other 2 of my 3 cards
This feature is where Awesome Miner tell the mining software to disable or enable the selected GPU while the mining is running. This feature is only available for some mining software that do support it, like sgminer and Claymore. It will be disabled for other software.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 08:50:17 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2018, 09:11:58 AM by patrike

Patrike,

The GPU settings dialog doesn't list the card name, only the GPU number and a colon.  The values come over from the remote servers, but no card type/name, etc

Am I missing something to enable this?

UPDATE:  This seems to only be on remote miners, on a local one the GPU names are shown.
Is this the "Map to system monitoring" and GPU tab of Awesome Miner? Are you running Remote Agent or the Windows service (Remote Service) on the remote computers? The Remote Agent application should be able to get the GPU names in the "Map to system monitoring" list. Please share any additional details and I will try to figure out if there is a specific scenario where it isn't working. Thanks! In general, Awesome Miner uses a third-party library that uses the AMD and nVidia API's to get information about the GPU's, including their names.

In case it's about MSI Afterburner and the GPU clocking - do you see the GPU names in MSI Afterburner user interface?

Patrike,

(see my other issue with no names on remote AB remoteserver)

More on the GPU setting.  If you use AM to change the overclocking, with the checkboxes to set x at start and y at stop.  Stop does not happen when you manually start mining, the x configuration happens, but if you then manually stop mining, it does not send the y version.  (note, I did clone the x, when I created y, but changed the oc profile to the right version).

Could you please verify the log files (or send them to me view mail) for this scenario? Awesome Miner is writing information about clocking profiles being applied and the exact clocking commands sent to MSI Afterburner. Every time a specific clocking command is sent to MSI Afterburner, you can find "Executing GPU clocking command".

When stopping a miner, it should be possible to see "Set clocking stop profile".

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 08:53:17 AM

@patrike

Can you add JCE Cryptonote CPU Miner?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3281187.0

I can not make it work  Huh Huh
It doesn't look like this mining software provides any monitoring interface (API) where external applications can connect and get information.

You need to add this miner as a Generic Miner in Awesome Miner, where you can start and stop it using Awesome Miner and get the process restarted in case of crashes. However, no hashrate or similar information will be available.
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/genericminer.aspx

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 09:01:56 AM

Something I would really like to see improved is the custom software uploading. It's been a nightmare keeping up with the latest RVN software releases with 50+ miners, which are often providing much better returns then the built in software.

Anything that's built in works very easily - you just select the miner in the template or profile or whatever, and done. No need to upload anything or configure locations, it automatically downloads them to your rigs.

The workflow for custom software:

1. Define the software name in options - managed software.
2. Select all your miners in the miner view.
3. Click a different tab (tools), pick upload custom software.
4. Browse for the folder to upload
5. Pick it and click upload - it's a modal window, so if you have a lot of miners you could be waiting a VERY long time before you can do anything else in AM. It took me literally 15 minutes to upload a 40mb folder to 50 miners.
6. Write down the uploads which failed, which always seems to happen to at least a few.
7. Go back and ctrl-click all the miners that failed, and try again.
8. Repeat 6-7 over and over until you finally get that software uploaded.
9. Also, write down any miners that were offline - this is important, because there is no way whatsoever to tell whether or not a particular miner has a particular software, aside from it just failing if it profit switches to that algo.
10. Now that you have the software uploaded - go to each profit profile, scroll all the way down, click in the new software, click configure, then click the little arrow next to browse (which could not be less obvious), browse uploaded software. Then pick a host that has the software on it, even though you're defining a relative directory for all hosts. Then select the new software.
11. Repeat for every profile, which is at minimum the number of different GPU models you're using.
12. Then bench the software (again, for each profile) and have it automatically selected if it has the highest hashrate - or manually select it for each profile by opening the profile.

This is way, way too much work for something that should be so simple. AM already has some sort of facility for uploading software and I believe the custom software should just hang right off of that. This should be as simple as defining custom software, defining it's location on the box hosting AM, and then it should automatically download to clients whenever it needs to. Just like the built-in software. That would also completely eliminate all the failure points where certain rigs don't get the software if they're offline, etc.

Agreed, I have only 15 miners and already giving me headache, especially uploading to remote sites on the other side of the globe where connections are a bit wonky. A simplified workflow can probably be devised from user inputs.

I don't have a suggestion atm, except maybe we can start off by using this procedure during upload:

select upload folder (or compressed/zip file) -> AM Zips folder b4 uploading (obviously ignores if already compressed/zipped) -> AM extracts compressed/zip to own subfolder once upload is completed.

This at least saves time and bandwidth for starters during this time where customized miners are rather abundant and updates are regular.

Yeah, a compressed transfer wouldn't hurt either. I have to imagine this is a pretty straightforward FTP behind the scenes.

I think the most important thing is that it stays in sync automatically. I do not want to have to keep track of which miners contain which software - it should be enough that the AM host has the software and can send it down to the agents as needed.

Or can make it just how AM works with predefined mining software, but you can have a user-defined repository in AM main Host and able to point at it the same way how it does with predefined.

then it can monitor the repository folder/container etc and sync to agents in the background.

this repository target directory can be, say, entered somewhere in Managed Software in Options....maybe need to draw a diagram. But sound like AM has most of the tools already built in, just need to figure a way to change the hardcoded stuff into customizable nature. This way, Patrike doesn't have to spend as much time as to include the growing list of miner-forks day by day and pondered by never ending requests to add new ones = more time on more useful features!

Yeah that's exactly what I'm suggesting.

I fully understand the points you both are making here and I agree that this process can be made better. I do have this item on the improvement list already, so the plan is of course to make the user experience better here. Thanks for all feedback.

The idea is to have a concept where you don't have to manually upload and make it more like the automatic download feature where the Remote Agent simply requests the latest version and run it. When a new mining software version is available, it should just be about putting the latest software in a folder and all remote miners should automatically get the latest software. Some configuration in the Options dialog, Managed Software section, will probably be required for the initial setup.

Any other suggestions on this are of course also welcome. Thanks!

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 09:05:54 AM

Hi Patrike,

Please kindly verify XMRig setting for CryptonightV7, should the default commandline parameter be of the sort

Code:
cryptonight --donate-level=1 --variant 1

for assurance?

I just started mining some CNv7 coins at CryptoKnight.cc (ITNS) and without explicitly specify --variant 1, I got temporary IP banned for producing rejected shares (low diff share), I guess it must be mining on the original CN algo and auto detection didn't work on all pools.

Cheers,
Good point. I thought that the automatic detection in XMRig would resolve this, but your findings indicate that it would make sense to always add this flag. I will make the change in the next release.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 09:17:25 AM

@patrike

When I create two or more different pools on Used defined Online Service with the same Algorithm (all custom (yiimp compatible)) . AM confuse them. It mix the pools, taking the most profitable of them but mining on one with the profit of other  Huh Huh Huh

Is it on pools with shared port and not dedicated? That's kind of normal behaviour for AM right now, Yiimp profit/hashrate stat from API takes precedence over coin spec as I have detailed the scenarios before few pages back.

Only way I have been avoiding that kind of scenario now till current mechanism changes is to stay away from (Yiimp) Online Services and pools that uses shared port, something such as BSOD, pickaxe, and new one, quantummining..., meaning slower block times, less consistent income but more flexibility for ppl who want to manage their coins.

No, it´s on dedicated ports. Example: I created a phi yiimp.eu:8333. All is ok. Then I created a pool.bsod.pw:6667 same phi algorithm.

Now in User defined I have the two pools. And in online service the two pools appear right with different profit.

And now is when it´s a bug:

Profit yiimp>BSOD. I enable profit miner and It begins mining in yiimp.

But I seems two yiimp.eu pools...

Then, I Exclude yiimp.eu in Managed Profit Switcher and leave the BSOD on.

Then I start the miner and it´s mining on yiipm.eu???

Note that there is only one Phi Pool (yiimp and not BSOD). But it takes the profit on yiimp and not te BSOD´s profit. I enable BSOD and disable yiimp but AM is wrong there

EDIT: it seems that the problem is when we have several pools with the same algorithm, AM takes the most valuable one without taking into account if we disconnect any of them and mixing them all

Excuse my english

That's clearly a bug and fairly similar to my situation,  in a different way. And that's whyI have everything in online services turned off except nicehash... If I don't turn it off,  for example,  neoscrypt @ say zpool, then any custom neoscrypt pools i setup individually (i think even non yiimp pools) gets profit info overridden by zPool, and I'll have machines mining random neoscrypt coins all over the place at the same time and in details tab, they all show the same profitability.

Hopefully this gets addressed
I investigated this, and were able to reproduce at least one issue in the profit switcher and profit display (which is also what you see in the View Details dialog), where the same entry was displayed twice instead of two separate Phi entries. I've made a correction for that scenario. If you find any additional scenarios, please let me know.

There are also some concepts that Awesome Miner doesn't handle very well today, and that's where some Yiimp based pools offers multiple entries pools/ports for each algorithm. The general concept for the Online Services has been that they provide profit switching on a specific algorithm. Now some of them also provide single coin pools, and that isn't handled correctly when added as an Online Service.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 09:23:59 AM

For the moment i find awesome miner just useful for monitoring my rigs. The curve to getvan advanced users is long . However i would like the gpu overcloking feature but should upgrade again . The thing before ugrading : how you guys manage to make work afterburner on amd rigs ? I either use command line with claymore or wattman settings. For nvidia rigs i dont have issues.
By reading the faq the feature is managed by afterburner but if afterburner not working on my amd rigs it will be useless for them? Just the  nvidia rigs?
Awesome Miner is unfortunately not able to work in scenarios where MSI Afterburner isn't working - as it's used for the clocking. The same limitations you have with MSI Afterburner will be present even when Awesome Miner is used.

In the future there will probably be support for more overclocking tools. I do know that a number of users setup clocking via batch files and have it automatically exectured when a miner is starting/stopping.

Dalba

Activity: 92
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 12:42:16 PM

Hello Patrike,
I may have found a problem with your implementation of excavator 1.4
I started mining lyra2re2 on ahashpool with my nvidia rigs. Using excavator 1.4, my whole hashrate was around 407 MH/s. On the site, my reported hashrate never went above 150 MH/s for 2 hours of mining.
I first though that ahashpool was not "correct" with me, but then i had the idea of switching my mining software.
Using ccminer my whole hashrate was a little lower, around 385 MH/s, but on ahashpoool, my reported hashrate was much more realistic, between 330 and 440, often around 380. And my earnings were also a lot better with ccminer than excavator...
Do you have an idea about what is happening with excavator ?
akadamson

Activity: 140
Merit: 18

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 12:55:06 PM

Patrike,

The GPU settings dialog doesn't list the card name, only the GPU number and a colon.  The values come over from the remote servers, but no card type/name, etc

UPDATE:  This seems to only be on remote miners, on a local one the GPU names are shown.
Is this the "Map to system monitoring" and GPU tab of Awesome Miner? Are you running Remote Agent or the Windows service (Remote Service) on the remote computers? The Remote Agent application should be able to get the GPU names in the "Map to system monitoring" list. Please share any additional details and I will try to figure out if there is a specific scenario where it isn't working. Thanks! In general, Awesome Miner uses a third-party library that uses the AMD and nVidia API's to get information about the GPU's, including their names.

In case it's about MSI Afterburner and the GPU clocking - do you see the GPU names in MSI Afterburner user interface?

Patrike,

More on the GPU setting.  If you use AM to change the overclocking, with the checkboxes to set x at start and y at stop.  Stop does not happen when you manually start mining, the x configuration happens, but if you then manually stop mining, it does not send the y version.  (note, I did clone the x, when I created y, but changed the oc profile to the right version).

Could you please verify the log files (or send them to me view mail) for this scenario? Awesome Miner is writing information about clocking profiles being applied and the exact clocking commands sent to MSI Afterburner. Every time a specific clocking command is sent to MSI Afterburner, you can find "Executing GPU clocking command".

When stopping a miner, it should be possible to see "Set clocking stop profile".

Patrike,

From the start

Running MSI Afterburner remote server on the remote miners, (they are also running MSI afterburner, which I think it required?)

Map to system monitor works correctly, the names appear there whether running remote server or not.

Where the names does show is when you use the GPU settings -> settings via Awesome Miner and Afterburner...

The same is true if you use the options->gpu clocking->configure and select a remote miner

I have a GTX 950 on the machine where AM is running and it's able to get the name in both areas, but not the remote miners.

Yes, the names are shown in the MSI interface

As to the log and the profile usage, I'll look at that separately.

Thanks
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 03:09:02 PM

Hello Patrike,
I started mining lyra2re2 on ahashpool with my nvidia rigs. Using excavator 1.4, my whole hashrate was around 407 MH/s. On the site, my reported hashrate never went above 150 MH/s for 2 hours of mining.
I first though that ahashpool was not "correct" with me, but then i had the idea of switching my mining software.
Using ccminer my whole hashrate was a little lower, around 385 MH/s, but on ahashpoool, my reported hashrate was much more realistic, between 330 and 440, often around 380. And my earnings were also a lot better with ccminer than excavator...
Is the mining console window of Excavator also reporting 407MH/s, the same as Awesome Miner display?

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 03:13:36 PM

Patrike,

Patrike,

More on the GPU setting.  If you use AM to change the overclocking, with the checkboxes to set x at start and y at stop.  Stop does not happen when you manually start mining, the x configuration happens, but if you then manually stop mining, it does not send the y version.  (note, I did clone the x, when I created y, but changed the oc profile to the right version).

Patrike,

From the start

Running MSI Afterburner remote server on the remote miners, (they are also running MSI afterburner, which I think it required?)

Map to system monitor works correctly, the names appear there whether running remote server or not.

Where the names does show is when you use the GPU settings -> settings via Awesome Miner and Afterburner...

The same is true if you use the options->gpu clocking->configure and select a remote miner

I have a GTX 950 on the machine where AM is running and it's able to get the name in both areas, but not the remote miners.

Yes, the names are shown in the MSI interface

As to the log and the profile usage, I'll look at that separately.

Thanks
Thanks for sharing all details.

Let's investigate if MSI Afterburner is returning the GPU names over the control interface that Awesome Miner uses.

1) Open a web browser on the computer where you run MSI Afterburner, where there are no GPU names.
2) Navigate to: http://localhost:82/macm
3) Enter username/password like this: MSIAfterburner/17cc95b4017d496f82
4) Please send me the output via mail or PM. Awesome Miner is reading all MSI Afterburner information, including GPU names, for this output.

Dalba

Activity: 92

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:59:38 PM

Hello Patrike,
Is the mining console window of Excavator also reporting 407MH/s, the same as Awesome Miner display?

407 is the total of my rigs, but yes, for each rig hashrate in AM is equal to what i can see in excavator.
It's hard to guess if problem come from pool or miner side, but what is sure is using ccminer is for me the solution to get right earnings.
powerstr

Activity: 107

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:26:12 PM

Latest version is v11.7:

- added temperature management and overclock support for recent Nvidia cards in Windows: "-tt", "-powlim", "-cclock", "-mclock", "-tt", "-fanmax", "-fanmin" options are supported for Nvidia too.
- now "y" key also disables CrossFire.
- added "-y" option.
- fixed issue with miner restart that was required sometimes to apply overclock settings for AMD cards.
- fixed issue with rejected shares when "-esm 3" option is used.
- Linux version: fixed issue with remote management.
- some changes in watchdog routines to improve ability to restart miner after various OpenCL fails.
- a few minor bug fixes and improvements.
akadamson

Activity: 140
Merit: 18

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:58:38 PM

Thanks for sharing all details.

Let's investigate if MSI Afterburner is returning the GPU names over the control interface that Awesome Miner uses.

1) Open a web browser on the computer where you run MSI Afterburner, where there are no GPU names.
2) Navigate to: http://localhost:82/macm
3) Enter username/password like this: MSIAfterburner/17cc95b4017d496f82
4) Please send me the output via mail or PM. Awesome Miner is reading all MSI Afterburner information, including GPU names, for this output.

Curious, it doesn't show on the remote system..  Here is the important section

But it does show on the machine with the 950

Notice the device="" isn't there on the first one and is on the second one

Both are windows 10, both same version of AM, same version of AB, same version of AB remote server.
Dark12

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:18:27 AM

Hey folks,
I am unable to mine with most algorithms other than equihash through awesomeminer.
I have tried on 6 different rigs so far.
If i use the software that I download from the respective github it works no problem.
But if I run it from awesomeminer i constantly get error "...retry after 30 seconds" even if I specify the directory to that exact location.
I DMZ'd each rig and it makes no difference.

with awesominer:

from desktop:

Any help is greatly appreciated.
vipsvvvv

Activity: 68

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:10:22 AM

im trying to add BITCORE coin to awesome miner with JSON from whattomine without success, i benchmark the bitcore and timetravel algo but cannot see timetravel10 algo listed
any help will be appreciated

thanks in advance
moppidoo

Activity: 348
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 11:09:47 AM

im trying to add BITCORE coin to awesome miner with JSON from whattomine without success, i benchmark the bitcore and timetravel algo but cannot see timetravel10 algo listed

thanks in advance

go Options -> Algorithms -> Add...

and create a TimeTravel10 algorithm

Normally for Yiimp pools, most of them just called it bitcore, but WTM JSON had the algorithm parameter value "TimeTravel10", thus it wasn't able to match in your predefined algorithms so BTX doesn't appear in your Coins Tab.

remember if you are mining with predefined or User defined Online Services, you probably don't have to worry about this at all, but if you are setting up your own pool and want to have the profitability fed thru WTM, then this is the current workaround.
vipsvvvv

Activity: 68

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:10:35 PM

thanks in advance

go Options -> Algorithms -> Add...

and create a TimeTravel10 algorithm

Normally for Yiimp pools, most of them just called it bitcore, but WTM JSON had the algorithm parameter value "TimeTravel10", thus it wasn't able to match in your predefined algorithms so BTX doesn't appear in your Coins Tab.

remember if you are mining with predefined or User defined Online Services, you probably don't have to worry about this at all, but if you are setting up your own pool and want to have the profitability fed thru WTM, then this is the current workaround.

Thanks a lot that worked !
darius510

Activity: 45

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 06:00:12 PM

I fully understand the points you both are making here and I agree that this process can be made better. I do have this item on the improvement list already, so the plan is of course to make the user experience better here. Thanks for all feedback.

The idea is to have a concept where you don't have to manually upload and make it more like the automatic download feature where the Remote Agent simply requests the latest version and run it. When a new mining software version is available, it should just be about putting the latest software in a folder and all remote miners should automatically get the latest software. Some configuration in the Options dialog, Managed Software section, will probably be required for the initial setup.

Any other suggestions on this are of course also welcome. Thanks!

That would be a huge start. Eventually I hope you can streamline all the obvious things you'd do next.

For example, if you add/upgrade a piece of software, blank out the benchmarks for the previous version and automatically run benchmarks on the new software for every active profile, and update the profiles with the best miners. I would personally hang this off of the start/stop of a miner - Nicehashminer does this very well IMO. If you try and start it with unbenchmarked algos, itll run the benchmarks prior to mining so its always up to date. Of course you have the option of skipping as well.

The ideal user experience here would be I define a new software, then as soon as I close the window it'll ask me if I want to update profiles, then I click OK and walk away - in my absence it'll automatically do all the things I'd obviously do next, like stop one miner per profile, benchmark the software on each of them concurrently, enable it for an algo if the hash is higher, then restart miners as necessary.
ElMinator

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 06:39:10 PM

I'm having an issue with awesome miner and bminer.
I'm trying to read and transform in €/day 2 external miners. I've added them to the miners list (only for reading, no control) and Awesome Miner recognize them and reads the hashes for each card and so on.
The problem is that when I try to specify the coin that I'm mining it tells me: "the mining software is not reporting any pool for this miner"
Is there any way to fix/bypass this? I just want to tell him that I'm mining zcash, so that I can see how much I'm making a day
I have the 4.7.4
Thanks
Pages: « 1 ... 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 [289] 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 ... 647 »
  Print  

Jump to: