Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:55:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701021 times)
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 08:19:07 PM

i see, does it already come pre configured for these pools
also i see waffle pool is there, but its my understanding wafflepools API doesnt show CURRENT/LIVE Profitaiblity
You can read more about the Awesome Profit Switching feature and find pre-configuration for the pools on the web site. Just let me know if you have any questions.

You are correct about Wafflepool. Awesome Miner will show the statistics and profitability when you mine on Wafflepool, but it will not be part of the actual profitability switching because their statistics are based on 24h intervals.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stratobitz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 08:35:11 PM

Does this software have the ability to schedule mining based on times? As in, running miners only at nights and weekends when the computers are not in use?

If not, would running a local script on the computer that both schedules the miner to launch when the computer is idle (for let's say 30 minutes) and then kill the ccminer process when the computer is used/mouse moved/etc?   I have this currently running on systems to mine using ccminer when not in use. Would this software have issues with the miner being launched and killed on the local system?

Also, is Cryptonite planned as a future upgrade?

Strato
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 06:07:34 PM

Does this software have the ability to schedule mining based on times? As in, running miners only at nights and weekends when the computers are not in use?
Yes, you can use the Rules in Awesome Miner to define all this. The Rules can be defined in the Options dialog and uses the concepts of Triggers and Actions. You can define Triggers that trigger a specific time and/or day. You can also define Actions that will be performed when the rule is triggered, for example to start or stop mining.

Also, is Cryptonite planned as a future upgrade?
Is it the Claymore miner? I don't think that one provides any API, so the amount of information displayed in Awesome Miner would be very limited and only based on the parsed console output.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
cdhackett

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:09:29 PM

Can someone please explain how to get the quota to work.  I have two pools for my miners.  I first set the quota to 50 on each thinking it'd mine each of them 50% of the time.  Nothing happened after 24hrs so I started researching and most sites said cgminer and bfgminer used numbers between 0-9 to set the quota. Setting 1 and 9 would be 10% and 90% so I tried that as well. After 24hrs still mining the same pool.  Could someone please shed some light on how I can make my miners switch pools  on a given percentage or time using Awesome Miner.

Thanks
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 10:54:19 AM

Can someone please explain how to get the quota to work.  I have two pools for my miners.  I first set the quota to 50 on each thinking it'd mine each of them 50% of the time.  Nothing happened after 24hrs so I started researching and most sites said cgminer and bfgminer used numbers between 0-9 to set the quota. Setting 1 and 9 would be 10% and 90% so I tried that as well. After 24hrs still mining the same pool.  Could someone please shed some light on how I can make my miners switch pools  on a given percentage or time using Awesome Miner.
Can you try to add the the following command line parameter to your miner?
--load-balance
I think that will enable the quota-feature.

4x13
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 09:33:34 PM

do you add --load-balance in the PARAMS line inside the miner??
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 02:44:29 PM

Hi,
I just verified that the load balance parameter do work. Go to the Properties of a miner in the Options dialog in Awesome Miner, select the "Command line" section, and then enter the following in the field for parameters to mining software:
--load-balance

If you have two pools with Quota 1 for both, you will get 50% mining on each. If you assign a higher Quota value to a pool, it will get a larger share of mining.

4x13
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 05:45:07 PM

When I go to the properties of the miner as you instruct, there isn't a button/link to any Options Dialog or Command Line section.

also, how do we as users add to the pools that are listed in the Online Services for the Profit Switching??
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 06:37:08 PM

When I go to the properties of the miner as you instruct, there isn't a button/link to any Options Dialog or Command Line section.

also, how do we as users add to the pools that are listed in the Online Services for the Profit Switching??
Hi,
Sorry if I wasn't clear about this, but the setting is only available for Managed Miners in Awesome Miner (see this link for more info), because this is the only case where Awesome Miner is responsible for starting cgminer.

If you run a stand-alone ASIC for example (Antminer S1 / S3 and similar), the cgminer software is started from that device, and in those cases you need to figure out how to modify the command line in the configuration file for that miner.

4x13
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:12:51 PM

That's a nice piece of information to have now...

Is there anyway to use the Profit Switching with unmanaged miners??
Bobbs

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:07:41 AM

I hope it works as good as it looks. Just the kind of thing I was looking for for my rigs.  Grin
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 05:44:45 AM

Is there anyway to use the Profit Switching with unmanaged miners??
Yes. Awesome Miner needs privileged API access to the miner in order to prioritize the pools, but it doesn't matter if it's a Managed Miner or an External Miner.

The profit switcher will work for those pools and coins where you can see profit information in Awesome Miner. It will not work for unknown coins (unless you manually enter its profitability) and it will not work for multi-pools that doesn't provide real-time profit statistics. Currently it's only TradeMyBit, NiceHash, Yaamp and LTCrabbit that provides this real-time information, that can be used for profit switching.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 07:30:56 PM

Version 1.1.3 is now available and includes a few corrections for reported problems. Happy mining!

bennie3000

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 11:00:34 AM

Guys I was doing a little reading on this forum and i saw the tutorial about how to gain api acces to antminers etc.. well it can be much simpeler than the whole tutorial. just type behind the password  --api-listen --api-allow W:192.168.2.1,W:127.0.0.1 you do that on your (ant)miner and it will do everything awesomeminer tells him to... better late then never... patrike thanks for fixing the zeusminer api thingy...lol but before the fix it would report a lot more statistics from other pools then it does now. dont know if its the fix or if its the pools but on the same site it will report realtime coinstatistics for SHA256 and now not anymore for the scrypt miners.BTW KNCminers are working perfectly with awesomeminer! thumbs up!
bennie3000

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 06:35:23 PM

is the api wrong or is there something with the program because it all the time doesnt recognize coins that are in the list and there are coins up in the coinlist where the diff is wrong and what its worth is wrong i use this program i even bought it but if i would know all these things in front i would never had bought it most of the time i do my coin switching my self.... i have waited a few updates now but i gonna  quit usin g this program as of today this program costed me a fortune on api costs and the program itself and then  not to speak over the money i missed by making the wrong coin....... patrike youre a nice guy but pls do something about it(i know u will).
best wishes and good luck with the program
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 05:39:03 PM

Guys I was doing a little reading on this forum and i saw the tutorial about how to gain api acces to antminers etc.. well it can be much simpeler than the whole tutorial. just type behind the password  --api-listen --api-allow W:192.168.2.1,W:127.0.0.1 you do that on your (ant)miner and it will do everything awesomeminer tells him to...
This was a really nice way to solve the API configuration on Antminer.

patrike thanks for fixing the zeusminer api thingy...lol but before the fix it would report a lot more statistics from other pools then it does now. dont know if its the fix or if its the pools but on the same site it will report realtime coinstatistics for SHA256 and now not anymore for the scrypt miners.BTW KNCminers are working perfectly with awesomeminer! thumbs up!
is the api wrong or is there something with the program because it all the time doesnt recognize coins that are in the list and there are coins up in the coinlist where the diff is wrong and what its worth is wrong i use this program i even bought it but if i would know all these things in front i would never had bought it most of the time i do my coin switching my self.... i have waited a few updates now but i gonna  quit usin g this program as of today this program costed me a fortune on api costs and the program itself and then  not to speak over the money i missed by making the wrong coin....... patrike youre a nice guy but pls do something about it(i know u will).
best wishes and good luck with the program
Can you please send me some screenshots and the log file by e-mail, so I can get an understanding of exactly what information that isn't displayed correctly. I will of course work on correcting any issues.

ledio

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 11:38:01 PM

Can someone write here step by step what is needed to do and how to connect awesome miner to remote locations with two or more gpu mining rigs?On site help is useless for this matter because those examples is for lan only.Someone here was do that with hamachi,but in win8 64bit ,hamachi have some issues with connecting and it is unclear how to setup api allow in config so that is working with hamachi.Also it is very unclear how to setup awesome miner web server and what is all what you need to do so it can be seen through internet,from browser on phone etc...
This is one excellent piece of software but help/manual for common people is USELESS,it is too narrow and it is too many things unclear without step by step manual.
Best example is what is managed miner?What do you mean when you say i can manage gpu rig from awesome miner interface?How?Is it mean if i can somehow (you dont say how) can connect to my distance location gpu rig that i dont need software on hard disk of that rig?If i need,how to setup, in awesome miner, path to sgminer on distance rig when all i have on that rig is small remote service without any option but "start with windows"Huh

PLEASE DO THE STEP BY STEP HOW TO DO THOSE MAIN THINGS WITH YOUR SOFTWARE
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 09:17:57 PM

Can someone write here step by step what is needed to do and how to connect awesome miner to remote locations with two or more gpu mining rigs?On site help is useless for this matter because those examples is for lan only.Someone here was do that with hamachi,but in win8 64bit ,hamachi have some issues with connecting and it is unclear how to setup api allow in config so that is working with hamachi.Also it is very unclear how to setup awesome miner web server and what is all what you need to do so it can be seen through internet,from browser on phone etc...
This is one excellent piece of software but help/manual for common people is USELESS,it is too narrow and it is too many things unclear without step by step manual.
Best example is what is managed miner?What do you mean when you say i can manage gpu rig from awesome miner interface?How?Is it mean if i can somehow (you dont say how) can connect to my distance location gpu rig that i dont need software on hard disk of that rig?If i need,how to setup, in awesome miner, path to sgminer on distance rig when all i have on that rig is small remote service without any option but "start with windows"Huh

PLEASE DO THE STEP BY STEP HOW TO DO THOSE MAIN THINGS WITH YOUR SOFTWARE
Hi,
Have you checked out the Help pages on the Awesome Miner website?
You will find getting started guides, explaination of what External Miners and Managed Miners are, when to use them, and how to add them. The guides explain how you add miners step by step using the wizards.

What might be a bit difficult is to setup connections between different networks, but the difficulty here is more related to networks and routers, not really in Awesome Miner itself.

If you already running Sgminer for your GPU mining rigs, I recommend you to start using the External Miner feature in Awesome Miner. The only information you need to provide in the Wizard for adding an External Miner is the IP address (and port) of the remote miner running Sgminer.

In order for the connection to actually work, we have two options:
1) Setup LogMeIn Hamachi that will create a local network between your different sites. Other members have already used this setup and described their experience earlier in this thread. There are also many articles on the web how to setup Hamachi, like: http://wiretuts.com/how-to-get-games-to-work-with-hamachi-on-windows-8/
2) Configure port forwarding in your routers on the remote site. I can give examples on how to do this if you want, but I will not be able to give an exact description of the steps, as it totally depends on what kind of router you are using. The difficulty here isn't really related to Awesome Miner itself, but more on the networking.

ledio

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 03:02:07 PM

Ok,I agree with all you say but it is needed to give some examples how to setup remote locations.In help is only for local.I dont know which port need to be forwarded,is it 4028,or some other?Host settings in managed miner dont allow to set like 88.124.216.90:40222 and to forward 4028 to 40222.Do it like this, write to us how is set up in your network and your distance location,everybody with little brain than can set it for himself.That is easier than learn network protocols,networking,forwarding etc...Just like you have on site for local,do some examples over the internet.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 05:48:39 PM

Ok,I agree with all you say but it is needed to give some examples how to setup remote locations.In help is only for local.I dont know which port need to be forwarded,is it 4028,or some other?Host settings in managed miner dont allow to set like 88.124.216.90:40222 and to forward 4028 to 40222.Do it like this, write to us how is set up in your network and your distance location,everybody with little brain than can set it for himself.That is easier than learn network protocols,networking,forwarding etc...Just like you have on site for local,do some examples over the internet.
Hi,

I've added the first version of a short guide how to make this kind of setups:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/remotenetworks.aspx

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: