Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:13:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679277 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 03:19:39 PM

my new wallet keeps going out of sync

any ideas why is it doing that?

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 03:32:14 PM

There are two competing forks at the moment. If you are running the new version, you should be on the correct fork.  Given enough time, the reorg settings will not look far enough back to find the other fork.

You can solve the problem temporarily by connecting to my server, and leaving it with only one connection for a few hours. I think this should get rid of the message. Personally, my QT wallet is not saying out of sync.

If you want to connect:
connect=104.131.135.232

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 03:36:51 PM

I just staked a block while "out of sync" and am now synced.

ryanb
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 03:42:14 PM

I just staked a block while "out of sync" and am now synced.

Mine also staked while out of sync

mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1044

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 03:56:58 PM

Is there seriously going to be a true hard-fork with a few hours notice? If so, you are looking at a major train wreck.

Have the services that use/support  Hyperstake been notified? I know I haven't, I only noticed it because it popped up in my reply post list.

Exchanges, explorers, gambling, etc etc?? All these services need time to get setup even after they are notified.

How many users are going to end up on a forked chain because they didn't happen to come to a forum where it has been announced in the last few hours?

Major exchanges have been notified, most of our services have been notified. You were on my list as well, just hadn't got there yet. Trying to do a lot of things at once here.

I was hoping that this was really going to be a soft fork until I saw this in the code currently in github:

Code:
 if (pfrom->nVersion < 72099)
{
printf("partner %s using an old client %d, disconnecting\n", pfrom->addr.ToString().c_str(), pfrom->nVersion);
pfrom->fDisconnect = true;

I hope it is for testing purposes, and you are not intending to truly block out version 72000 from the new client (In  other words a true hard fork) in the next few hours or even days.

This has to be a misunderstanding on my part. When is the hard-fork actually going to be enforced?

This was for my own personal testing. This should be doable via softfork, but I am sure old clients will be likely to get off on their own forks if not updated. Its hard to say for sure. At first we were planning on going all out and getting our whole list of fork items crossed off the list. This is just too much now, and too quick in advanced. I will simply be changing the timedrift code to 60 seconds. No difficulty changes or other changes. Hope this answers your questions, I will get you the updated code as soon as I have it.

No matter how much work someone puts into something, time, effort, sweat and tears, there will always be some douchebag(s) that will try to undermine all of your work...

ryanb
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 04:02:52 PM

There are two competing forks at the moment. If you are running the new version, you should be on the correct fork.  Given enough time, the reorg settings will not look far enough back to find the other fork.

You can solve the problem temporarily by connecting to my server, and leaving it with only one connection for a few hours. I think this should get rid of the message. Personally, my QT wallet is not saying out of sync.

If you want to connect:
connect=104.131.135.232

I am getting 0 connections, connecting to your server, i added the connect command to the conf file.

presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 04:04:19 PM

If you want to connect:
connect=104.131.135.232

I am getting 0 connections, connecting to your server, i added the connect command to the conf file.

Hmm it could be at full capacity now.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
ryanb
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 04:11:13 PM

If you want to connect:
connect=104.131.135.232

Hmm it could be at full capacity now.

I got 1 connection now and it is in sync

dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 04:12:07 PM

Is there seriously going to be a true hard-fork with a few hours notice? If so, you are looking at a major train wreck.

Have the services that use/support  Hyperstake been notified? I know I haven't, I only noticed it because it popped up in my reply post list.

Exchanges, explorers, gambling, etc etc?? All these services need time to get setup even after they are notified.

How many users are going to end up on a forked chain because they didn't happen to come to a forum where it has been announced in the last few hours?

Major exchanges have been notified, most of our services have been notified. You were on my list as well, just hadn't got there yet. Trying to do a lot of things at once here.

I was hoping that this was really going to be a soft fork until I saw this in the code currently in github:

Code:
{
printf("partner %s using an old client %d, disconnecting\n", pfrom->addr.ToString().c_str(), pfrom->nVersion);

I hope it is for testing purposes, and you are not intending to truly block out version 72000 from the new client (In  other words a true hard fork) in the next few hours or even days.

This has to be a misunderstanding on my part. When is the hard-fork actually going to be enforced?

This was for my own personal testing. This should be doable via softfork, but I am sure old clients will be likely to get off on their own forks if not updated. Its hard to say for sure. At first we were planning on going all out and getting our whole list of fork items crossed off the list. This is just too much now, and too quick in advanced. I will simply be changing the timedrift code to 60 seconds. No difficulty changes or other changes. Hope this answers your questions, I will get you the updated code as soon as I have it.

No matter how much work someone puts into something, time, effort, sweat and tears, there will always be some douchebag(s) that will try to undermine all of your work...

Excuse me??

It is obvious you do not know who I am, nor do you understand what is going on. The only "douchebag" I see here is yourself.

Next time try to comprehend what is going on and who it involves before you make incorrect statements and embarrass yourself.
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 04:43:43 PM

Mac Binary has been built by billotronic and added to the release page

https://github.com/hyperstake/HyperStake/releases/tag/v1.1

Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 06:12:18 PM

Wish I looked at this thread before going to work...old wallet running away oblivious to whether it is on the fork or the spoon side of the equation.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 06:12:59 PM

Code:
{

Excuse me??

It is obvious you do not know who I am, nor do you understand what is going on. The only "douchebag" I see here is yourself.

Next time try to comprehend what is going on and who it involves before you make incorrect statements and embarrass yourself.

I don't think it was aimed at you Cheesy Just a general comment that if there is an exploit, some jackass will use it.
ofeefee
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:00:29 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2015, 08:01:43 PM by ofeefee

just checked mine, 13 blocks out of sync, setting connect, see what happens.  I cannot tell looking at the peers which ones may be correct protocol or subver?

so connect synced it back up, so i changed connect to addnode, and turned my listen off.  Expected this to connect to your peer and then pickup good clients, but it's showing 84 blocks remaining now, so must be connected to some other clients that are on wrong fork.

Will let it run for a bit, then try something else.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▄███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▄
▄██▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒▒██▄
██▒▒████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄▄███▄▄████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀█████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄███████▄████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▀███▀▀▀▀▀████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▄███████▄███████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▀▀███▀▀▀▀███████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████████▄██████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████▀▀▀█████████▒▒██
▀██▒▒▒█████▄████▄██████▒▒▒██▀
▀███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▀
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
.STRYKZ     THE TOKEN FOR ALL FOOTBALL FANS.
..TOKENISING FANTASY SPORTS▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬....

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Whitelist
WHITELIST
BOUNTIES

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
█████████████▀▀▀      ██████
████████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████
█████▄         ▄█▀    ████████
████████▄    ▄█▀      ████████
███████████▄█▀       █████████
████████████  ▄     ████████
▀███████████ ███▄  ████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
MEDIUM
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
[                      █     █     █
                      ██▄ ▄███▄ ▄██
                       ███████████
                       ███████████
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                       ████████ ██
                      ▄███████▀ ███
                      ████▄▄▄▄▄ ███
                      ▀███████▀  ██
                      █████▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▀████████▀
                       ▀████▄▄▄▄
                         ▀█████▀
STRYKING
]
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 08:17:48 PM

just checked mine, 13 blocks out of sync, setting connect, see what happens.  I cannot tell looking at the peers which ones may be correct protocol or subver?

so connect synced it back up, so i changed connect to addnode, and turned my listen off.  Expected this to connect to your peer and then pickup good clients, but it's showing 84 blocks remaining now, so must be connected to some other clients that are on wrong fork.

Protocol and sebver are the same right now. Just check to see if your height matches up to the block explorer hyp and you should be good. Eventually these other nodes on their alt fork will slow down and get behind the main chain.

chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 08:25:48 PM

Protocol and sebver are the same right now. Just check to see if your height matches up to the block explorer hyp and you should be good. Eventually these other nodes on their alt fork will slow down and get behind the main chain.

What do you suggest if the height is not correct.  The fork I'm on is almost 100 blocks ahead of the explorer. 

presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 08:36:41 PM

What do you suggest if the height is not correct.  The fork I'm on is almost 100 blocks ahead of the explorer. 

I would make sure to have the correct client (v1.1). And restore to a backup of the chain if you have one. If not you might need to bootstrap from scratch.

chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 08:47:47 PM

I would make sure to have the correct client (v1.1). And restore to a backup of the chain if you have one. If not you might need to bootstrap from scratch.

I have the new client (V1.1).  I got this after I thought I was on the wrong fork.  No back up of the chain.  (Is there an easy way to do this?) and last do you have a new bootstrap.dat? 

I'd love to know how to make my own backup.  I have problem with a few different clients, and making my own would be sweet.  It isn't as simple as making a copy and renaming it?   

presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 08:59:41 PM

I have the new client (V1.1).  I got this after I thought I was on the wrong fork.  No back up of the chain.  (Is there an easy way to do this?) and last do you have a new bootstrap.dat? 

I'd love to know how to make my own backup.  I have problem with a few different clients, and making my own would be sweet.  It isn't as simple as making a copy and renaming it?   

Yeah you would just rename blk0001.dat to bootstrap.dat, but you would have to make sure you don't get up to the fork height.

ShrykeZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 09:46:44 PM

Just want to say good work on figuring out the exploit / testing it and implementing a fix at a commendable speed. Good work Presstab + others.  Grin
kePd8CT5

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 10:24:42 PM

BEWARE! Orphans Invasion!

Any ideas?

P.S. My local time - GMT +3

Pages: « 1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: