Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:23:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679269 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 03:15:04 AM

Fixed the debug window icon & added remove orphans function to repairwallet & checkwallet
https://github.com/presstab/HyperStake/commit/3acfd383024bd04dfe30d5e3c9d1db31627129e8

This will be in the next release of the wallet.

Two new buttons in the GUI so that you can rescan the wallet and remove orphans and bad transactions without using the console commands.
https://github.com/presstab/HyperStake/commit/65b2f13e13bb7f034715778c4203831eb7d2ae74
I recompiled the wallet, run a check and it found orphans. I backed up my wallet, ran the repair command and cheked again. This one it was OK.

I updated the comparison matrix with the check and repair wallet buttons.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mike270

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:21:57 AM

Hi,

I think I found a minor cosmetic issue with the Coin Control features: They seem to display time stamps in UTC, whereas the transaction tab shows them in local time.
I would expect coin control to also display local time for consistency.

Kind regards
Mike
foxy

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 11:15:38 AM

Community Update

Hey guys! Great staking happening, the block chain is moving and syncing. Just a quick recap:

Presstab and David have asked that requests for new features be directed here so they can be easily found
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/13358-wallet-feature-requests/

Don't forget to request HYP at other exchanges. We have approachable, unmasked devs and a great little community.
There are lots of reasons to be excited about HYP.
https://poloniex.com/coinRequest
https://c-cex.com/?id=vote#suggest
support@mintpal.com make sure to link our bitcointalk thread with your coin request.

If you are on Twitter, help HYP get noticed. Tweet #hyperstake as well.
https://twitter.com/BittrexExchange
https://twitter.com/Poloniex

Time for some fun, we had a great start but don't want to rest on our laurels. Spread the word!

I will be offering 20HYP to everybody who links me their tweet on our reddit page
because if you haven't subscribed then now is the perfect time!
http://www.reddit.com/r/hyperstake/comments/2ay1en/20_hyp_twitter_giveaway/

The irc is always open and it's usually raining HYP! Join us on freenode at ##hyperstake

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:34:15 PM

Got my first stake this morning Cheesy Can now confirm that small amounts do work. It hit about 7 hours later than minimum. Not too bad on only 70 coins Cheesy
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:45:40 PM

Got my first stake this morning Cheesy Can now confirm that small amounts do work. It hit about 7 hours later than minimum. Not too bad on only 70 coins Cheesy

Thanks for reporting in. Yes that is not bad at all, 7 hours after the maximum for such a small amount. I am guessing in the future that as the supply of coins staking increases, a small block like this might push out to 1 or 2 days passed maturity.  On HBN it can take weeks after maturity to get a block of 25 to stake.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:55:13 PM

AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT THE FUTURE OF HYPERSTAKE

We have now seen how the HyperStake network runs, how the inflation looks, the blocks coming in etc. I have had several chats with various members of the community and we all think it will be best to add in some additional methods of inflation control.

Right now my goal is to control inflation without reducing the 750% stake rate. One of my goals is to prove that 750% can be done if you do it correctly.  So I am thinking about 2-3 weeks out from now we will have a hard fork adding some additional inflation control methods.  Right now I have some ideas but am still running a lot of spreadsheet models with different scenarios.

I like what one of the prominent members of the community here said when I was discussing inflation control with him: "let the horse gallop a bit and then pull back on the reigns".

So right now I encourage everyone to watch the horse gallop, ie keep an eye on inflation and see what you think.  The easiest way to watch inflation is going to your debug window (help->debug window->console) and typing in moneysupply.  This is a custom RPC call that I added so that we can monitor inflation. It will give you reports of the last 960 blocks (the targetted block count for 1 day), 6720 blocks (7 days), and 28800 (30 days). The time change report is how many days it took to generate those blocks.  I would warn you to ignore the 30 day projected moneysupply because this formula needs to be tweaked still and is grabbing data from the TRK mining phase and assuming that inflation will go forward.

So keep in mind a change will be coded into the next wallet release, but also realize that my goal is to not affect the 750% rate.  Let me know your thoughts!

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:55:42 PM

Thanks for reporting in. Yes that is not bad at all, 7 hours after the maximum for such a small amount. I am guessing in the future that as the supply of coins staking increases, a small block like this might push out to 1 or 2 days passed maturity.  On HBN it can take weeks after maturity to get a block of 25 to stake.

Maybe I'm just lucky. I've heard the same thing about TEK, but the longest past maturity I've gone has been ~4days, and that was on a trifling small amount. If I'm lucky, I hope it continues Tongue
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 07:07:04 PM

AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT THE FUTURE OF HYPERSTAKE

We have now seen how the HyperStake network runs, how the inflation looks, the blocks coming in etc. I have had several chats with various members of the community and we all think it will be best to add in some additional methods of inflation control.

Right now my goal is to control inflation without reducing the 750% stake rate. One of my goals is to prove that 750% can be done if you do it correctly.  So I am thinking about 2-3 weeks out from now we will have a hard fork adding some additional inflation control methods.  Right now I have some ideas but am still running a lot of spreadsheet models with different scenarios.

I like what one of the prominent members of the community here said when I was discussing inflation control with him: "let the horse gallop a bit and then pull back on the reigns".

So right now I encourage everyone to watch the horse gallop, ie keep an eye on inflation and see what you think.  The easiest way to watch inflation is going to your debug window (help->debug window->console) and typing in moneysupply.  This is a custom RPC call that I added so that we can monitor inflation. It will give you reports of the last 960 blocks (the targetted block count for 1 day), 6720 blocks (7 days), and 28800 (30 days). The time change report is how many days it took to generate those blocks.  I would warn you to ignore the 30 day projected moneysupply because this formula needs to be tweaked still and is grabbing data from the TRK mining phase and assuming that inflation will go forward.

So keep in mind a change will be coded into the next wallet release, but also realize that my goal is to not affect the 750% rate.  Let me know your thoughts!

So is this why you haven't been on irc all day?

Sounds like tons-o-fun and look forward to seeing how this project evolves. Keep up the good work sir!

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
foxy

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:37:15 PM

thanks for keeping us informed presstab. twitter payments have been sent out, will still check the reddit thread periodically if anyone else wants to join in  Cool

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
LosMiner

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:41:41 PM

Yes, I am guilty as being one of the ones who did not space out their stake times, however I was pretty impressed how quickly the chain staked a few blocks of 1600 I had in a short amount of time.   Wink
Trololoh

Activity: 461

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 01:04:56 AM

I'll give it a shot.

1st off, it is automatic. If you are open, unlocked, connected, and in sync, it will happen.

However you can get a better idea of when it's going to stake by looking at the little tab at the bottom (mining symbol in the prerelease, I think a green arrow now, but I'm not at the right computer) and hover over it. It will show you estimated time to stake (wildly inaccurate on EVERY PoS coin) and your stake weight vs. network weight.

As I understand it, and presstab/others feel free to correct me, difficulty can't readjust until a block is found. Given how long it's taking, it will probably adjust rather severely this time 'round. Once it does, the next few blocks eligible for stake should go fairly quickly. If they go TOO quickly, there will be more long rounds. So it's a good idea to use coin control to aggregate your blocks in a staggered fashion. I was late to the game on this coin (as in I'd already purchased a bunch of TEK when I found out about it) so I've only got one block right now of seventyish coins. But those of you with large numbers, please consider staggering your blocks over a several day period. You'll initially lose some coin maturity doing this, but that should average out fairly quickly. There are two plus sides to doing this. One, you'll have something staking every day, and two, if the majority of us do this, the blockchain will move at a much steadier and predictable pace.

I fully agree, a spread of blocks of coins, regardless of the size is great.
-gives steady reward over time
-helps the network being stable and healthy

EDIT :
Maybe a good idea to hard code "spread" for coins being staked into the wallet ?
Doing so could avoid POW...

I don't like the idea of creating code that will destroy age. But I do think if someone wants to purposefully spread out their buys and send HYP to their wallet everyday then that would be a good thing.

And yes I would really like to avoid PoW.  It is a last resort.  But I use it to let everyone know that there is never a reason to be worried, there are always ways out of a stuck chain.

Maybe more practical to implement it as an option in the CC (CoinControl) ?

input :amount to spread, and days to spread N (9).
output :create N (9) chunks of max 1600 and que transfers to be tx'ed.
Anysurplus ?
Create 2nd spread as above.
And repeat until surplus is 0 or below a certain amount.

Would be nice to automate the whole process, so that the user only has to sit back and relax when cc splits and spreads.
That would be a great time saver and I think many ppl would like to use that if available.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 02:09:18 AM

Amusing, this is what I independantly proposed in a PM (but apparently you were the first still Smiley)

Quote from: David in PM
"defragment" the wallet.
Say B is block size
If B > 1600 ; split into 1600 blocks and the rest will be treated later
If B = 1600 ; do nothing
If B < 1600 ; merge with a block of size of at most 1600-B

Rearranging would reset the coin age, right? Two solutions:
- one is just "live with it". Bad solution, I'd say
- other is "capturing" the coinage of every block when B!=1600 (the one which will be splitted or merged). If splitted, every split has the exact same coin age as the original. It merged, a new coinage is give, which is the weighted average of the previous blocks

Another idea we proposed on IRC was to find a way to force staking to extend equally during the whole 24 hours (maybe a ridiculously low max age plus an algo for forcing the "spreading" of blocks), in order to encourage people to leave their wallet open. But then, there are legitimate reason to not let the wallet on (laptop/mobile, switching off the computer at night...)

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
edn247

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:04:22 AM

Maybe more practical to implement it as an option in the CC (CoinControl) ?

input :amount to spread, and days to spread N (9).
output :create N (9) chunks of max 1600 and que transfers to be tx'ed.
Anysurplus ?
Create 2nd spread as above.
And repeat until surplus is 0 or below a certain amount.

Would be nice to automate the whole process, so that the user only has to sit back and relax when cc splits and spreads.
That would be a great time saver and I think many ppl would like to use that if available.

I like this idea, and David's too...

I was also thinking, based on what I'm kind of doing manually - an innovative feature would be to automate sending large amounts of coins to someone who will be staking them by breaking the large payment up into 9 (or x) days of payment(s) of no more than 1600 to optimize their stakeflow and your change's...
*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:21:47 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2014, 08:36:33 AM by *Sakura*

Amusing, this is what I independantly proposed in a PM (but apparently you were the first still Smiley)

Quote from: David in PM
"defragment" the wallet.
Say B is block size
If B > 1600 ; split into 1600 blocks and the rest will be treated later
If B = 1600 ; do nothing
If B < 1600 ; merge with a block of size of at most 1600-B

Rearranging would reset the coin age, right? Two solutions:
- one is just "live with it". Bad solution, I'd say
- other is "capturing" the coinage of every block when B!=1600 (the one which will be splitted or merged). If splitted, every split has the exact same coin age as the original. It merged, a new coinage is give, which is the weighted average of the previous blocks

Another idea we proposed on IRC was to find a way to force staking to extend equally during the whole 24 hours (maybe a ridiculously low max age plus an algo for forcing the "spreading" of blocks), in order to encourage people to leave their wallet open. But then, there are legitimate reason to not let the wallet on (laptop/mobile, switching off the computer at night...)

I like your thinking!
In my opinion, the max age should not be less than 1 week. Since there are people's real lives where there are holidays, vacations, etc.
zeeman

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:10:15 AM

Is 750% annual stake really correct? I got my first staked coins today, it was over 20% in 11 days. That seems to be far more than 750% annualy???
tendend

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:41:47 AM

Dev, you still here? Any news?
Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 12:19:11 PM

PressTab is very active.  This coins is only a few weeks old.

Do you have any specific questions or issues? What news are you looking for?

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
tendend

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 12:21:51 PM

News regarding new features being implemented, or any stuff related to hyperstake really, since the price on coinswap is becoming very discouraging
HunterS

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 12:28:13 PM

News regarding new features being implemented, or any stuff related to hyperstake really, since the price on coinswap is becoming very discouraging
The price is from inpatient morons who under cutting the next for a small amount of btc . I really don't understand what some people are thinking when they are trading

ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 12:37:53 PM

The price is from inpatient morons who under cutting the next for a small amount of btc . I really don't understand what some people are thinking when they are trading

They are not thinking hahah

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: