Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:24:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679277 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kyma

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 03:54:02 PM

yeah if you condider the rise of BTC/USD, it makes sense that HYP/BTC would drop.. its paired with a number of other currencies as well.

I keep getting runtime errors with the new windows wallet while downloading the blockchain. Is dev aware of this?

presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 04:00:45 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2014, 04:49:51 PM by presstab

yeah if you condider the rise of BTC/USD, it makes sense that HYP/BTC would drop.. its paired with a number of other currencies as well.

HYP has been trading between $0.006-0.007 USD in the past few weeks. Right now its about 0.006, so not as much movement as some people might think.  People need to remember that bitcoin is in fact a volatile crypto as well (same with XMR).  For me, being from the US, it is easiest to price HYP in US dollars.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
kattekop

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:01:00 PM

Ok, then I'll wait for the Australian open to begin on BTC Tongue
kevink

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:26:47 PM

Right now, a lot of altcoins are getting largely dumped by people that want to leverage the BTC rally and get some FIAT. Some of these will come back after a BTC dip to earn more profits, some will not. It is clear that large holders (at least most of them as I had a look at the rich list) have not sold any of their HYP.

I picked up a lot more HYP over the past few days. As much as I could afford.
Anyone can see this as my addy moved up quite a bit in the HYP rankings.

We should really not focus too much on the exchange value at a given point in time, as much as we should focus on increasing awareness, spreading HYP around and reaching a wider audience. The low valuation right now, is in fact a great opportunity for more people to join in (or like me, increase their holdings).

Please do not consider this as investment advise of any sort. I will be part of this community even if I'm buried deep into a negative conversion to BTC/FIAT. I see HYP as the most friendly community of competing stakers, and I'm not giving up my staking power!  Wink

Happy Staking!

+1000

With the fantastic community, awesome active devs and current value of HYP, It is the perfect time for newcomers to buy HYP and stake, or if you hold HYP to buy more and cost average down and stake!
mtwelve
Legendary

Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 07:14:59 PM

Market is crazy anyone explain wtf is going on?

Bitcoin for one is up 15%.
Counterparty for one is up [/b]100%[/b] WTF EVEN

Those two in particular, but TEK is up 25% today too. What's going on? Some market news I missed in the last hours?

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:05:02 PM

Market is crazy anyone explain wtf is going on?

Bitcoin for one is up 15%.
Counterparty for one is up [/b]100%[/b] WTF EVEN

Those two in particular, but TEK is up 25% today too. What's going on? Some market news I missed in the last hours?

Tek has a checkpointing issue, which is being resolved. Might have spiked some interest from that alone. New wallet out, if any of you are Tek holders and missed it. Noise23 from TRK is assisting us, which is marvelous Cheesy Upgrade to version 2.11 immeditately, please.

Rest of the market, I have no clue. Woke up to BTC on a tear, and I've no idea why.
iantunc

Activity: 433

We are the first to program your future (c)

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 09:03:36 PM

I got into hyperdeck, looks interesting. How does it relate to HYP if I may ask?

It is designed to be an interactive web site (with the development of WebGL even a plug-in won't be needed) for marketing and branding purposes. Similar to Futureself by Orange. Let's see what it can evolve into, I'm experimenting.
Doesn't load for me, which plugin is needed (Ubuntu here)? Link for the plugin?

Unfortunately, there is no Linux Unity Web Player ATM. I'll keep you up to date about cross-platform compatibility. Do you have a possibility to check it from any other computer?

Hyp dropping in price  Sad

Seems like big holders dig their own grave while selling their stake.. Any comments?
750% PoS is cool but it must be worth something in the end Smiley

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-price-explosion-leads-altcoin-price-drop/

HyperStake bootstrap server - hyperstrap.ml
HyperStake supply gain prediction graph - hypsupply.ml
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 09:21:13 PM

I got into hyperdeck, looks interesting. How does it relate to HYP if I may ask?

It is designed to be an interactive web site (with the development of WebGL even a plug-in won't be needed) for marketing and branding purposes. Similar to Futureself by Orange. Let's see what it can evolve into, I'm experimenting.

Unfortunately, there is no Linux Unity Web Player ATM. I'll keep you up to date about cross-platform compatibility. Do you have a possibility to check it from any other computer?

Hyp dropping in price  Sad

Seems like big holders dig their own grave while selling their stake.. Any comments?
750% PoS is cool but it must be worth something in the end Smiley

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-price-explosion-leads-altcoin-price-drop/

Maybe install firefox in wine? I was bummed about  no linux support... which is all kinds of ironic figuring how many damn games are coded with Unity for my android devices.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
iantunc

Activity: 433

We are the first to program your future (c)

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:08:25 PM

Maybe install firefox in wine? I was bummed about  no linux support... which is all kinds of ironic figuring how many damn games are coded with Unity for my android devices.

Wine can be a variant, haven't tested it.

HyperStake bootstrap server - hyperstrap.ml
HyperStake supply gain prediction graph - hypsupply.ml
ibuyltc

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:25:00 AM

I tried it with PlayOnLinux(Wine), installed firefox and could see the site... however the unity web player addon would not install.  I tried to install it manually and it says success, however it does not take.  I tried installing flash for Firefox the same way... Flash installed fine and could visit flash sites as well with no issues.

As an amateur unity dev, im looking forward to this and will check it out from a dedicated machine later.
ofeefee
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 05:15:44 AM

I tried it with PlayOnLinux(Wine), installed firefox and could see the site... however the unity web player addon would not install.  I tried to install it manually and it says success, however it does not take.  I tried installing flash for Firefox the same way... Flash installed fine and could visit flash sites as well with no issues.

As an amateur unity dev, im looking forward to this and will check it out from a dedicated machine later.

people seem to worry about price way to much, i get it that this is money in a sense, but it's much more than that...

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▄███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▄
▄██▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒▒██▄
██▒▒████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄▄███▄▄████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀█████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄███████▄████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▀███▀▀▀▀▀████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▄███████▄███████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▀▀███▀▀▀▀███████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████████▄██████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████▀▀▀█████████▒▒██
▀██▒▒▒█████▄████▄██████▒▒▒██▀
▀███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▀
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
.STRYKZ     THE TOKEN FOR ALL FOOTBALL FANS.
..TOKENISING FANTASY SPORTS▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬....

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Whitelist
WHITELIST
BOUNTIES

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
█████████████▀▀▀      ██████
████████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████
█████▄         ▄█▀    ████████
████████▄    ▄█▀      ████████
███████████▄█▀       █████████
████████████  ▄     ████████
▀███████████ ███▄  ████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
MEDIUM
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
[                      █     █     █
                      ██▄ ▄███▄ ▄██
                       ███████████
                       ███████████
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                       ████████ ██
                      ▄███████▀ ███
                      ████▄▄▄▄▄ ███
                      ▀███████▀  ██
                      █████▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▀████████▀
                       ▀████▄▄▄▄
                         ▀█████▀
STRYKING
]
Sir William

Activity: 128
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 12:22:33 PM

people seem to worry about price way to much, i get it that this is money in a sense, but it's much more than that...

Agreed.  I just see this as a chance to purchase more HYP, and bring my average price down.   Grin

ofeefee
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 03:55:31 PM

Presstab

I tested combing and then splitting more blocks, worked perfect except double hyp but see you have a fix for that.

Great job!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▄███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▄
▄██▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒▒██▄
██▒▒████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄▄███▄▄████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀█████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄███████▄████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▀███▀▀▀▀▀████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▄███████▄███████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▀▀███▀▀▀▀███████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████████▄██████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████▀▀▀█████████▒▒██
▀██▒▒▒█████▄████▄██████▒▒▒██▀
▀███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▀
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
.STRYKZ     THE TOKEN FOR ALL FOOTBALL FANS.
..TOKENISING FANTASY SPORTS▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬....

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Whitelist
WHITELIST
BOUNTIES

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
█████████████▀▀▀      ██████
████████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████
█████▄         ▄█▀    ████████
████████▄    ▄█▀      ████████
███████████▄█▀       █████████
████████████  ▄     ████████
▀███████████ ███▄  ████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
MEDIUM
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
[                      █     █     █
                      ██▄ ▄███▄ ▄██
                       ███████████
                       ███████████
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                       ████████ ██
                      ▄███████▀ ███
                      ████▄▄▄▄▄ ███
                      ▀███████▀  ██
                      █████▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▀████████▀
                       ▀████▄▄▄▄
                         ▀█████▀
STRYKING
]
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 04:25:12 PM

Ok I am throwing out the updated release today. I was hoping to fix some of the painful syncing problems that lead to syncing requiring the wallet to be restarted a few times, but still don't have the bugs worked out all the way.

HyperStake Version 1.0.7.2

- Adjust the stake predictions to be more accurate
- Fix DNS seeding, this means that you should be able to fire up a brand new client and not have to add any nodes
- setstakesplitthreshold RPC call - this is an important change. By default your wallet will only split your stake if it results in each block being larger than 1,000 HYP, so you would need a total value of larger than 2k for them to split by default. You can adjust this 1k HYP threshold to be whatever you want using this RPC call.  It will need to be set everytime you open your wallet, or else it will go back to default. Consider this feature in beta stage. I confirm it works on my wallet.
- reduced nLimit to 1,000 blocks at a time so that limited RAM systems don't get memory errors as easy
- adjust max connections to 25 peers
- fix some bugs with the block splitter

https://github.com/presstab/HyperStake/releases/tag/v1.0.7.2

Please bootstrap for the fastest sync (if you are syncing from scratch). Bootstrap details can be found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678849.msg7695751#msg7695751

Enjoy! And as always, don't be hesitant to report errors, I can't fix them if I don't know about them! HyperStake is not perfect, but each release gets us one step closer  Wink

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 04:32:25 PM

Ok I am throwing out the updated release today. I was hoping to fix some of the painful syncing problems that lead to syncing requiring the wallet to be restarted a few times, but still don't have the bugs worked out all the way.

- Fix DNS seeding, this means that you should be able to fire up a brand new client and not have to add any nodes
- setstakesplitthreshold RPC call - this is an important change. By default your wallet will only split your stake if it results in each block being larger than 1,000 HYP, so you would need a total value of larger than 2k for them to split by default. You can adjust this 1k HYP threshold to be whatever you want using this RPC call.  It will need to be set everytime you open your wallet, or else it will go back to default. Consider this feature in beta stage. I confirm it works on my wallet.
- reduced nLimit to 1,000 blocks at a time so that limited RAM systems don't get memory errors as easy

Please bootstrap for the fastest sync (if you are syncing from scratch). Bootstrap details can be found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678849.msg7695751#msg7695751

Enjoy! And as always, don't be hesitant to report errors, I can't fix them if I don't know about them! HyperStake is not perfect, but each release gets us one step closer  Wink

Can you explain the setstakesplitthreshold RPC call a little more.  I don't think I have anything that would make that call, maybe I'm wrong.  With just the windows wallet in default mode, will I automagically split?  Can I control the split size from the windows wallet?  Are the RPC calls done through commands on the debug console?  If these are commands, and they're not already explained in the help, can you explain them? 

Sorry for what might be stupid questions.   Smiley

billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 04:34:12 PM

Can you explain the setstakesplitthreshold RPC call a little more.  I don't think I have anything that would make that call, maybe I'm wrong.  With just the windows wallet in default mode, will I automagically split?  Can I control the split size from the windows wallet?  Are the RPC calls done through commands on the debug console?  If these are commands, and they're not already explained in the help, can you explain them? 

There is no such thing as stupid questions, only stupid people too afraid to ask!

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
MrZ28s

Activity: 475

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 04:50:14 PM

Nicely done Presstab!
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 04:57:25 PM

Not stupid at all. If you have a block of 5,000 HYP that stakes with a reward of 1,000 HYP after 10 days, the network will take your original 5k block and destroy it, and give you two blocks of 3k HYP, thus splitting your stake. 

In version 1.0.7.1 I attempting to switch the logic up, but coded it wrong, and this resulted in blocks not splitting at all when they stake, so you would have received a new block of 6k instead of two blocks of 3k.

In version 1.0.7.2 I added the ability for the user to define when they want their wallet to split their stakes. By default it is set to not split the stake if each new block is less than 1k HYP. So in the case of this 6k stake, it will still split them into two blocks of 3k HYP.

If you were to enter into your debug window "setstakesplitthreshold 4000", then that would mean your wallet won't split the blocks if it results in each block being less than 4k HYP. So in the example above, it would have produce one block of 6k and not split them. If you set the threshold to 2000, then it would have split them.

This is more advanced staking theory, and might be difficult to understand for those that aren't veteran stakers. If you don't understand why or how this works, simply don't use it until you do. I set the default to be a number that will optimize staking fairly well for those that don't want to mess around with this technical aspect of staking. But I do believe that allowing advanced users to craft their staking portfolio exactly how they want is essential.

chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 05:13:13 PM

Not stupid at all. If you have a block of 5,000 HYP that stakes with a reward of 1,000 HYP after 10 days, the network will take your original 5k block and destroy it, and give you two blocks of 3k HYP, thus splitting your stake. 

In version 1.0.7.1 I attempting to switch the logic up, but coded it wrong, and this resulted in blocks not splitting at all when they stake, so you would have received a new block of 6k instead of two blocks of 3k.

In version 1.0.7.2 I added the ability for the user to define when they want their wallet to split their stakes. By default it is set to not split the stake if each new block is less than 1k HYP. So in the case of this 6k stake, it will still split them into two blocks of 3k HYP.

If you were to enter into your debug window "setstakesplitthreshold 4000", then that would mean your wallet won't split the blocks if it results in each block being less than 4k HYP. So in the example above, it would have produce one block of 6k and not split them. If you set the threshold to 2000, then it would have split them.

This is more advanced staking theory, and might be difficult to understand for those that aren't veteran stakers. If you don't understand why or how this works, simply don't use it until you do. I set the default to be a number that will optimize staking fairly well for those that don't want to mess around with this technical aspect of staking. But I do believe that allowing advanced users to craft their staking portfolio exactly how they want is essential.

Perfect....   setstakesplitthreshold was what I was looking for.  I think I know the answer to this question but just to be clear. 

This will only split the staked block in 2.  It won't divide it into multiple blocks.   Correct? 

And lastly, what it the current felling for optimal block size?  In the past I've heard 4K, but with the difficulty rising I'm sure that size is getting scaled down.   

4x13
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 05:33:49 PM

Mac OS X Version Please:)
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: