Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:12:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: mining.BitcoinAffiliatenetwork.com-0% PPS + 1 Hour (or higher) Payout Interval  (Read 83096 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
muhhentuhhen

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:54:59 AM

I set the payments to 12hours, but now I'm getting payments every 4 hours... (even if i choose 12hours under edit account, it changes to 4h and it shows payments every 2 hours under dashboard).
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 10:34:52 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2014, 02:55:34 PM by buy4crypto

I like the new stats on the front page. Changing payments to longer intervals should help with dust payments. Very nice work s0br!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
roncutt

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 11:36:05 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2014, 11:58:33 AM by roncutt

For those interested.

Well, after a couple of testing I can confirm the calculations changed somehow without notice, right during/after the payout issue of two days ago.
I started mining here around August 2, invited two more friends and a neighbour who contributed both small rigs and rentals, we shared computers, internet connection and also placed bets, jokingly, to see who among us would be the first to get an S3.

For an estimate of payouts we were using a modification of the formula suggested by ckolivas in bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=104251.0, to great success all the time up until two days ago. Quoting him:

The equation is that approximately every 4.2 GH you will find a (difficulty 1) share on average. So 1GH/s will find a share every 4.2 seconds. With 86400 seconds in a day, this equates to 86400/42 ~ 20,570 shares per day per GH/s.

The aforementioned formula plus other stats-math worked amazingly great –we were predicting our payouts per desired time lapse with very good accuracy. We felt confident and started renting to add up, and it was amazing. Together we ended up contributing ~100 Th/s to the pool.

Long story short, if you go to bitcoinwisdom/bitcoin/difficulty and put 1000Gh/s you get 0.02109 as per current diff daily payout.
Theoretically, if you rent for the same price per Th/s and have 100% efficiency, you get around 12,5% because of the bonus, plus a slight difference in the PPS value BAN uses (higher), minus fees (network tx + 2~3%rental). As everybody knows this is not written on stone, but it worked great for us as an estimate with the addition of some stat calcs.
Even s0br suggested having a look at that site.

Renting at less of that price implied better, calculated profit. Even renting at 0.0233 (@ current diff) proved to be slightly profitable.
As we felt comfortable, we left the system working without checking/tweaking all the time and that's when the loss happened.

The aforementioned method does not apply anymore. Even renting at the theoretical price now implies a loss, and that happened out of the blue as we were investing the money to rent around ~100Th/s together.

One of the testings mentioned was a simple one. Use an empty wallet address, transfer some btc to the rental site, rent a rig at a specific price, do the math, wait the final payout @BAN, do the math.
We tried different amounts. For instance in one test we tried 0.152 btc, we expected by our working calcs 0.179 btc at a specific price, the worker was 99.98% efficiency on ireland server (great one), however we've got 0.132 btc final. Lost ~0.02 btc. That's a 13%!
No problem, it was a test. Imagine the loss with bigger amounts.

I would like to stress that the problem is not the profitabilty but the lack of communication or warning that the calcs are about to get tweaked or changed. That's in my opinion an important point to build up confidence. I'd like to mine without being worried the pool changing the "math/payout rules" all the time without notice.

We are so grateful with both the original proposal and ways of the pool's admins. I understand there are risks involved, me and teammates accepted that. We are all "beta testers" here and it sounded great to me, but we cannot afford another big loss as the last one was.

So I have to say "hasta luego!", from the unusually warm winter of Southern Hemisphere.

Have fun and good luck with your upcoming projects everyone.

ThePhwner

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

something something Bitcoin

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:15:53 PM

For those interested.

Well, after a couple of testing I can confirm the calculations changed somehow without notice, right during/after the payout issue of two days ago.
I started mining here around August 2, invited two more friends and a neighbour who contributed both small rigs and rentals, we shared computers, internet connection and also placed bets, jokingly, to see who among us would be the first to get an S3.

For an estimate of payouts we were using a modification of the formula suggested by ckolivas in bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=104251.0, to great success all the time up until two days ago. Quoting him:

The equation is that approximately every 4.2 GH you will find a (difficulty 1) share on average. So 1GH/s will find a share every 4.2 seconds. With 86400 seconds in a day, this equates to 86400/42 ~ 20,570 shares per day per GH/s.

The aforementioned formula plus other stats-math worked amazingly great –we were predicting our payouts per desired time lapse with very good accuracy. We felt confident and started renting to add up, and it was amazing. Together we ended up contributing ~100 Th/s to the pool.

Long story short, if you go to bitcoinwisdom/bitcoin/difficulty and put 1000Gh/s you get 0.02109 as per current diff daily payout.
Theoretically, if you rent for the same price per Th/s and have 100% efficiency, you get around 12,5% because of the bonus, plus a slight difference in the PPS value BAN uses (higher), minus fees (network tx + 2~3%rental). As everybody knows this is not written on stone, but it worked great for us as an estimate with the addition of some stat calcs.

Renting at less of that price implied better, calculated profit. Even renting at 0.0233 (@ current diff) proved to be slightly profitable.
As we felt comfortable, we left the system working without checking/tweaking all the time and that's when the loss happened.

The aforementioned method does not apply anymore. Even renting at the theoretical price now implies a loss, and that happened out of the blue as we were investing the money to rent around ~100Th/s together.

One of the testings mentioned was a simple one. Use an empty wallet address, transfer some btc to the rental site, rent a rig at a specific price, do the math, wait the final payout @BAN, do the math.
We tried different amounts. For instance in one test we tried 0.152 btc, we expected by our working calcs 0.179 btc at a specific price, the worker was 99.98% efficiency on ireland server (great one), however we've got 0.132 btc final. Lost ~0.02 btc. That's a 13%!

Have you contacted s0br or any other support about this? Would hate to think you're just giving up without some attempt to look a little deeper into this... there's the #bitaffnet channel, or PMs here, or you can find me on Skype under this name.

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
2 for $25 including shipping
MinerFTW

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:31:13 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2014, 12:53:11 PM by MinerFTW

How come that i get same payment for a th before and after then?

if you look for example to beta rigs. ppl reporting that beta rigs see less power then advertised all the time. they even indicate that the hash rate shown is a global average and not to be taken seriously.

I never see a change in payments on my home hardware at all. and after all tweaks from the last days it even went up slightly.

If you feel like there is something wrong feel free to contact ban/admins so they can see were it went wrong and we can make a solution on it.

Irc is open to enter and admins and s0br are found there daily.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████  █████
██
▓███████████████  █  ████████████▓
█████████  ██           ██  ███████
▄█████  ████████  ██████  ███████████▄
████████    ████  ██████  ██  ████████
████████████████  ███ ██  ███         
██████     ████     ████████████████
████████████████  ███ ██████   ██     
▀███████    ████  ███████████████████▀
█████  ████████  ████████████  █████
████████  ██      ████████████████
██████████████████████████  ████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████  ████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
FRELDO
Token sales
[ WP ]
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:32:24 PM

For those interested.

I would like to stress that the problem is not the profitabilty but the lack of communication or warning that the calcs are about to get tweaked or changed. That's in my opinion an important point to build up confidence. I'd like to mine without being worried the pool changing the "math/payout rules" all the time without notice.

We are so grateful with both the original proposal and ways of the pool's admins. I understand there are risks involved, me and teammates accepted that. We are all "beta testers" here and it sounded great to me, but we cannot afford another big loss as the last one was.

So I have to say "hasta luego!", from the unusually warm winter of Southern Hemisphere.

I noticed the same thing. Was hoping it would get straighten out as it has in the past or at least going forward. Thank you roncutt for posting and good luck.
ThePhwner

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:43:38 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2014, 01:00:43 PM by ThePhwner

For those interested.

I noticed the same thing. Was hoping it would get straighten out as it has in the past or at least going forward. Thank you roncutt for posting and good luck.

One other thing you guys should be aware of on rentals, and Roncutt I am hoping you will appreciate some of the rough math being done here...

As MinerFTW noted, rentals are proxied and depend not only on the rental site, but the internet connection of the person owning the rig. On top of that you need to know geographically where that rig is, and pick the best server. There was one user yesterday complaining of long ping times to the server closest to him, turns out he had long ping times to everyting including Google, which is clearly an ISP issue.

Beyond that, NiceHash and WestHash especially will cause a great deal of efficiency loss. For example, I rented 30 Th/s the other day, and it took 88 miners to make it. That's a lot of low diff stuff making those 30 Th/s. Now add 88x what I just described above into the mix. Additionally, factor in that NiceHash and WestHash often turn into bidding wars, and you don't consistently mine at the speed you purchase.

EDIT: Since you can only set one pool on an order with Nice/West, you're also forcing every miner in that order to one BAN stratum server, which is not going to be efficient either.

There's a small private pool I use almost daily. I have tested it exhaustively with hardware I own, and rentals from Beta, MRR, and NiceHash/WestHash. Only with Nice/West do I ever see a 10-15% efficiency loss in hash rate. I'd love more details about your rentals.

tl;dr, I too got less than expected when using rentals, and when I looked closer this explained a lot of it.

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
Securi-d

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:28:21 PM

Hi all,
I just added heat sinks to one side of my Antminer S1. I wonder how much the extra cooling will help? Anyone every play with the cooling? I'm not planning on over clocking the S1.
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:39:14 PM

Hi all,
I just added heat sinks to one side of my Antminer S1. I wonder how much the extra cooling will help? Anyone every play with the cooling? I'm not planning on over clocking the S1.
unless your having cooling problems I don't think it will do much if anything. I myself penciled modded all my S1's down to 140GHs and dropped 200 watts per miner.
MoreBloodWine
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:44:49 PM

Hi all,
unless your having cooling problems I don't think it will do much if anything. I myself penciled modded all my S1's down to 140GHs and dropped 200 watts per miner.

I never did understand the whole pencil mod thing, what exactly is it and why do it ?

To be decided...
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:50:49 PM

Hi all,

I never did understand the whole pencil mod thing, what exactly is it and why do it ?
I have 9 S1's and I was able to drop the electric cost over half and went from 180 GH to 140 GH. Will be able to run them much longer at a profit. Also was able to add 3 S3's without adding more PSU's.
ThePhwner

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:52:02 PM

Hi all,

If your Antminers are actual ants, the pencil mod is a problem    Undecided

You can use certain pencil types to make resistor modifications to miners... not highly recommended unless you really know what you're doing. Start with a U2 if you want to practice.

aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 10:11:47 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2014, 10:51:00 PM by aurel57

Hi all,

If your Antminers are actual ants, the pencil mod is a problem   Undecided

You can use certain pencil types to make resistor modifications to miners... not highly recommended unless you really know what you're doing. Start with a U2 if you want to practice.
  all it takes is an ohm meter and a pencil. Then change the clock speed. Very easy to do and mine have been running stable for over a month now. Some have had theirs running like this much longer.
ThePhwner

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 10:13:58 PM

Yep.

The first line was a joke, about poking ants with a pencil. Ew.

My serious reply was to do research before you do it so you don't cook your gear. It's a valid approach, just not one to be taken lightly.

aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 10:16:17 PM

Yep.

The first line was a joke, about poking ants with a pencil. Ew.

My serious reply was to do research before you do it so you don't cook your gear. It's a valid approach, just not one to be taken lightly.
I see... LoL. ( that's the hard part is getting the ant to sit still long enough! ) There  is plenty on the forums and YouTube on how to do it. Really at what a S1 is worth a person is not risking much and I am very pleased on the out come.

Also what I like about the pencil mod is let say BTC take a big jump back up and where I can go back to the stock clock I will do it. I tried one and it's not hard to remove the pencil and re-clock it back up.
sjc1490

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:09:06 AM

After being away for several days I came back to check on the status of the pool. Looks as he made some improvements to the actual site as it is back up now. Are the payments flowing again, is the payout calculations the same or has he adjusted his formula? Thanks in advance as I still like the ideas of this pool I just need some more info before moving my hash back.

BTC ADDRESS: 12Qwd8VKLQ4xF44ytHXBpCAKuF9VknG4X2
MoreBloodWine
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:20:53 AM

Still would love to see new news on the S3 winners or I'm somehow f'n up real bad and just missing it lol

To be decided...
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:41:00 AM

I know s0br is working on improving the pool and is busy but it would be nice to see him reply to emails/support requests.
MoreBloodWine
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:43:40 AM

I know s0br is working on improving the pool and is busy but it would be nice to see him reply to emails/support requests.
I honestly didn't think of that so my bad lol

I guess it's more wishful thinking I might be one of the lucky few whop win an S3 with my bday being the 30th.

To be decided...
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:51:41 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 08:11:46 AM by hedgy73

The lack of communication is the main reason I don't mine this pool anymore.

Users are left in the dark and with mining being borderline profitable its just not good enough.

The chance of winning an s3 has attracted many people including me initially but even the winners list isn't being updated on a regular basis.

Its a real shame, I had a good feeling about this new pool in the early days.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: