Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:23:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: mining.BitcoinAffiliatenetwork.com-0% PPS + 1 Hour (or higher) Payout Interval  (Read 83115 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Count_Frackula

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 07:59:11 PM

It's only a BAN issue because a bunch of us were talking about it in the BAN IRC channel. It's also a BAN issue, because the current Invalid Shares count includes the 66 million I was writing about. Let's not start trying to tell folks where and when they can write things, and let others decide for themselves what is worthwhile.

The link you've provided is exactly the file that I had used; because it is supposed to fix it. That is why I tried it. That is why I am advising others not to.

I imagine it's related to what Kano posted a little while back (see below).  I know that my S1s ran fine with Kano's firmware and when I point my S3s at the pool, I have less than a 1% reject rate.

I have two Antminer S2s.  Both misbehave the same way with p2pool.  Within minutes of pointing them at p2pool, my hashrate drops to 930gh/s or lower.  

It shows this way on p2pool, on the S2 LCD, and on the S2 web UI.

It stays this way, or gets worse, as time goes by.  I've run against p2pool for days this way trying different things, and the result is always the same.  Yet running on a conventional pool (like Eligius), things run fine immediately and ongoing.

I've tried adjusting my pseudo share size.

I've tried running on a local node, my public node (other side of the country), and at least one other public p2pool node that was close to me.

Since S2s use cgminer, I was hoping a dev might be able to shed some light on this for me.

BTW, my S1s work fine with p2pool.  At 1/5 the hashrate, but they do work fine.

I apologize if this has been mentioned already.  I stopped following this thread a while ago.

Thanks.

M
You are running bitmain's S2 driver. Don't do that on p2pool. Also don't do that with bitmain's S1 driver.

Bitmain does some terrible things in their driver including ... discarding stale work in the driver before passing it to the work validation code.
This means on p2pool that if you find a stale block that is still a valid network block, it will be discarded. Oh well.

Use my driver for S1 if you don't want to throw such valid blocks away on p2pool.

My S2 driver is still in development - I'm still trying to work out why the device thinks it's a good idea to have >8000 work items queued in it - more than 30s of work - and to work out how to reduce that without letting it get idle - so I'm still waiting on source code from bitmain.

My blackarrow minion RPi driver is able to handle > 2TH/s of work at 1diff verifying every share returned at 1diff.
The S2 driver, on a faster BBB, should be able to handle 1TH/s of work at 1diff also. It doesn't. So I need to work out how to fix that - but I need the SPI kernel driver code bitmain wrote, for me to work that out.

Rent my SHA-256 rigs on Mining Rig Rentals.
rokroka

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 08:03:04 PM

Dear BAN Miners,

At this time, we are having to take the unfortunate step of temporarily suspending any further Antminer S3 drawings. For the sake of transparency, we will tell you that we are investigating some possible improprieties in how the last group of winners was chosen, and until we are certain that this contest is 100% random, we are temporarily suspending any additional drawings.

At this time, the BAN staff has not received an official position from s0br on this, we've heard he has been without internet access due to some weather issues. As such, we are taking the steps we feel are appropriate to bring the current situation to light until more investigation takes place and we can speak to s0br. Please note again that this is temporary.

Thank you for your understanding.

BAN Support

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  You don't say?  This is just hilarious - what timing, the day before the scam accusation goes up - you pull the plug. Brilliant idea!!

I just love those words you use - "transparency", "improprieties", "investigation".....as in "we've lost all records of shipping, and so have UPS by the way", or "this is a pic of the miner I won - and so is this, so what if they're completely different labels - it's the truth I tell you".  I wonder, will you be "investigating" yourself for openly bullshitting to everyone, or telling users to "fuck off & grow some"?

Somehow I doubt it  Roll Eyes

And this:

BAN staff has not received an official position from s0br on this, we've heard he has been without internet access due to some weather issues.

More lies, he has been online almost every day - I've been checking, in fact he was online yesterday - everyone can see that, he's just been keeping quiet & not saying a thing - why?  Who the hell is running this show anyway?

This is just too funny - keep it coming guys, this will be the pool scam all time classic Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Dirtybird is that you...why you got so much FUD in your heart man, you should stop that madness you know damn well ThePhwner ain't no liar weve known him for months in CEX and all he ever did there was help people. And is still helping people over at BAN. Yes there are BAN issues but theyre getting fixed its a new pool 1 month old built from the bottom up. s0br always fixes an and all issues when they occur so stop hating so bad and why did you change your name anyway?
silverthornne

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

SelfPay - ICO PRE SALE - huge Profit !

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:12:50 PM

Dear BAN Miners,

At this time, we are having to take the unfortunate step of temporarily suspending any further Antminer S3 drawings. For the sake of transparency, we will tell you that we are investigating some possible improprieties in how the last group of winners was chosen, and until we are certain that this contest is 100% random, we are temporarily suspending any additional drawings.

At this time, the BAN staff has not received an official position from s0br on this, we've heard he has been without internet access due to some weather issues. As such, we are taking the steps we feel are appropriate to bring the current situation to light until more investigation takes place and we can speak to s0br. Please note again that this is temporary.

BAN Support

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  You don't say?  This is just hilarious - what timing, the day before the scam accusation goes up - you pull the plug. Brilliant idea!!

I just love those words you use - "transparency", "improprieties", "investigation".....as in "we've lost all records of shipping, and so have UPS by the way", or "this is a pic of the miner I won - and so is this, so what if they're completely different labels - it's the truth I tell you".  I wonder, will you be "investigating" yourself for openly bullshitting to everyone, or telling users to "fuck off & grow some"?

Somehow I doubt it  Roll Eyes

And this:

BAN staff has not received an official position from s0br on this, we've heard he has been without internet access due to some weather issues.

More lies, he has been online almost every day - I've been checking, in fact he was online yesterday - everyone can see that, he's just been keeping quiet & not saying a thing - why?  Who the hell is running this show anyway?

This is just too funny - keep it coming guys, this will be the pool scam all time classic Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

...Really?, (damnit your chosen username makes punctuation a pain) your latest posts and your account date make me think that you're a textbook example of a troll but checking all your posts they're actually well-constructed and well-redacted so you don't fit the profile. Anyway, I did receive the Antminer S3, that's no lie. Have the payouts been as expected? Well, my past 24 hours yielded me the expected payout -without- the bonus. If I were to expect the bonus then yes, the payouts have been a disappointment. However, at least for me, who received an Antminer S3 from the draws I really can't complain much; this pool pretty much doubled my hash power!

At this point, the users will decide if they're willing to take the perceived lesser payouts. There are a bunch of pools to choose from; there will be good luck with some and there will be bad luck with others. That can't be controlled, but when most pools use PPLNS or some other system as Eligius does, users should determine what they can handle or can't handle. Personally I'm getting what I expect, so I stay. Those who aren't getting what they expect are free to choose a pool where they get what they expect. Now, I don't think that this is a scam pool, but that post that showed the cancellation of the draws and then saying they don't know what to do without s0br shows a certain degree of lack of organization that will naturally worry some folks. Again, it's up to them to choose if they can deal with that or not...

buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 08:16:59 PM

It's only a BAN issue because a bunch of us were talking about it in the BAN IRC channel. It's also a BAN issue, because the current Invalid Shares count includes the 66 million I was writing about. Let's not start trying to tell folks where and when they can write things, and let others decide for themselves what is worthwhile.

The link you've provided is exactly the file that I had used; because it is supposed to fix it. That is why I tried it. That is why I am advising others not to.

I imagine it's related to what Kano posted a little while back (see below).  I know that my S1s ran fine with Kano's firmware and when I point my S3s at the pool, I have less than a 1% reject rate.

I have two Antminer S2s.  Both misbehave the same way with p2pool.  Within minutes of pointing them at p2pool, my hashrate drops to 930gh/s or lower.  

It shows this way on p2pool, on the S2 LCD, and on the S2 web UI.

It stays this way, or gets worse, as time goes by.  I've run against p2pool for days this way trying different things, and the result is always the same.  Yet running on a conventional pool (like Eligius), things run fine immediately and ongoing.

I've tried adjusting my pseudo share size.

I've tried running on a local node, my public node (other side of the country), and at least one other public p2pool node that was close to me.

Since S2s use cgminer, I was hoping a dev might be able to shed some light on this for me.

BTW, my S1s work fine with p2pool.  At 1/5 the hashrate, but they do work fine.

I apologize if this has been mentioned already.  I stopped following this thread a while ago.

Thanks.

M
You are running bitmain's S2 driver. Don't do that on p2pool. Also don't do that with bitmain's S1 driver.

Bitmain does some terrible things in their driver including ... discarding stale work in the driver before passing it to the work validation code.
This means on p2pool that if you find a stale block that is still a valid network block, it will be discarded. Oh well.

Use my driver for S1 if you don't want to throw such valid blocks away on p2pool.

My S2 driver is still in development - I'm still trying to work out why the device thinks it's a good idea to have >8000 work items queued in it - more than 30s of work - and to work out how to reduce that without letting it get idle - so I'm still waiting on source code from bitmain.

My blackarrow minion RPi driver is able to handle > 2TH/s of work at 1diff verifying every share returned at 1diff.
The S2 driver, on a faster BBB, should be able to handle 1TH/s of work at 1diff also. It doesn't. So I need to work out how to fix that - but I need the SPI kernel driver code bitmain wrote, for me to work that out.

The p2p thing would make sense, and the elegius thing makes sense. So, yeah. It looks like a miner issue perhaps, not a pool issue effecting some people. =/ explains why I lost so much hash without explanation.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
Count_Frackula

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 08:26:11 PM

The p2p thing would make sense, and the elegius thing makes sense. So, yeah. It looks like a miner issue perhaps, not a pool issue effecting some people. =/ explains why I lost so much hash without explanation.

So would you say it's a minor miner issue?

Seriously though, that would be annoying.  Maybe Kano will fix the S2 firmware, but I don't have high hopes for it at this time. 

buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 08:31:31 PM

So would you say it's a minor miner issue?

Seriously though, that would be annoying.  Maybe Kano will fix the S2 firmware, but I don't have high hopes for it at this time.  

I have a normal hash rate on elegius. And on the other pools I have been testing with recently to figure out why I lose hash. I am one of the newer miners who has a host of S3, and being up to date on that thread. things make a bit more sense. Hopefully, if thats the issue its fixed soon, I really would like to mine on this pool with the others who have good success.

This also could explain why I coudn't get my miners hashing on nicehash either.

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
Count_Frackula

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 08:39:27 PM

This also could explain why I coudn't get my miners hashing on nicehash either.

There is hope in the future:
Reserved for updates and FAQ

FAQ

1. Will S3 support p2pool?

The simple answer is we will. Bitmain has a very sincere interesting with p2pool, and we have invest human resource into this area. Sadly our firmware may not be able to give you a firm yes that we support p2pool right now, but we promise we will contribute much more to the p2pool mining idea than most of those who support p2pool mining well already.

Edit: AntMiners support p2pool. Static difficulty configuration recommended.
Since p2pool adjusts the difficulty frequently, therefore would bring hash rate loss when the difficulty changes at any time. As a result is that AntMiners' hash rate may be a little lower than that released officially when they are mining in p2pool.
We suggest you configure a static difficulty for AntMiner, when you mine in p2pool. Recommended difficulty is 256 or 512.

2. How to configure a static diff when AntMiner mines in p2pool?
Through ‘Status->Miner Configuration‘, configure Pool Worker as 'BTC address/256+256' or 'BTC address+256'.

3. Will there be S1/S2 upgrade kit and what is your plan?

Yes, there will be upgrade kit for both S1 and S2 customers. But we need some time to design and test it. After we have finished the homework, we will announce the plan publicly.

4. Beeper rings randomly?
We set a beeper ring alert in the first version of firmware, to alert users when there is no immediate hashing work due to bad pool configuration.
However this alert will be removed in the later version of firmware.
Users can download new version firmware on July 25.

UPDATES

2014-7-8: The bulk PCB will be arriving tonight, and we will start first batch production tomorrow. First batch usually takes a longer time than later. We may ship the S3 -B1 on or before 14th.

MRBONG411

Activity: 639
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:04:05 PM

Dear BAN Miners,

BAN Support

I don't understand this part? So will the winners that were chosen still get their prize?

One thing I wish would have happened if they did the drawing daily as I have been mining here since almost the beginning of the contest when there were very few people but as the pool grew it became unfair to hold the drawings with so many days passed as people who were not here still had a chance to win from all those days past.

Did I word that right?

Anyway what is going to happen now and what was possibly unfair about the latest drawing?

Thanks

buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 09:06:36 PM

Dear BAN Miners,

BAN Support

I don't understand this part? So will the winners that were chosen still get their prize?

One thing I wish would have happened if they did the drawing daily as I have been mining here since almost the beginning of the contest when there were very few people but as the pool grew it became unfair to hold the drawings with so many days passed as people who were not here still had a chance to win from all those days past.

Did I word that right?

Anyway what is going to happen now and what was possibly unfair about the latest drawing?

Thanks

If someone with anymore information could elaborate a bit more on this subject that would be great. Is everything going to be re-drawn? Will the people accused of cheating be eliminated and the rest still win? I was pretty excited to win something. And I know if the legitimate winnners will still receive a item that I have nothing to worry. If its all in doubt, that's a bummer, for me at least.

aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:33:35 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 10:13:11 PM by aurel57

Dear BAN Miners,

BAN Support

Did I word that right?

Thanks

If someone with anymore information could elaborate a bit more on this subject that would be great. Is everything going to be re-drawn? Will the people accused of cheating be eliminated and the rest still win? I was pretty excited to win something. And I know if the legitimate winnners will still receive a item that I have nothing to worry. If its all in doubt, that's a bummer, for me at least.
buy4crypto you beat me to the same questions. I know at least on my end I have done nothing wrong and do not know any of the people running  or working for the pool?
.....Really?

Activity: 237

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:40:39 PM

Let me elaborate on the situation for you:

First they/he ordered 31 S3's - these were to be the backbone of a new pool setup. Then, they/he set up various fake user accounts on this forum & signed them up to their/his newly created pool & waited for new users to appear, but it was a bit slow to catch on. So, they/he then decided to start a free giveaway of one S3 to a "user" of the pool every day for a month in the hope that this would attract new & unsuspecting users to the pool, gleefully posting the UPS delivery confirmation of the aforementioned 31 S3's as "proof of prizes" waiting to ship. They/he then started the draw, awarding the S3's to the fake user accounts they/he had set up earlier, then logging on here with the fake accounts and confirming that their S3 had arrived as expected & how wonderful everything was. The beauty of this was that no expense was needed to ship them out to anyone, as they weren't actually going anywhere, and no proof of posting/delivery was needed either. Perfect plan, almost.

A couple of people started asking questions, then a few more, but no answers were forthcoming.......

The rest, as they say, is history.

@ s0br of BAN: Stop being a chicken sh*t & answer the questions like you keep saying you will, or stay the proven scammer you are!! s0br/BAN scam thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=782765.0
rokroka

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 09:48:11 PM

First they/he ordered 31 S3's - these were to be the backbone of a new pool setup. Then, they/he set up various fake user accounts on this forum & signed them up to their/his newly created pool & waited for new users to appear, but it was a bit slow to catch on. So, they/he then decided to start a free giveaway of one S3 to a "user" of the pool every day for a month in the hope that this would attract new & unsuspecting users to the pool, gleefully posting the UPS delivery confirmation of the aforementioned 31 S3's as "proof of prizes" waiting to ship. They/he then started the draw, awarding the S3's to the fake user accounts they/he had set up earlier, then logging on here with the fake accounts and confirming that their S3 had arrived as expected & how wonderful everything was. The beauty of this was that no expense was needed to ship them out to anyone, as they weren't actually going anywhere, and no proof of posting/delivery was needed either. Perfect plan, almost.

A couple of people started asking questions, then a few more, but no answers were forthcoming.......

Ok so umm you managed to make this all up in your head with what proof? So I'm fake and ThePhwner are fake and bingo and insta and procto are all fake??? How can you say that BS man you have known us all for months we spent trollin on CEX so now you gonna come in here with a new name and slander everyone thats messed up dude... I see what kind of person you are, funny you never expended this much energy on CEX with Baniel and all their antics... I guess you choose your battles huh? You dear sir, SHAMELESS.
.....Really?

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:53:21 PM

I believe you have me confused with someone else........ Cheesy Cheesy

@ s0br of BAN: Stop being a chicken sh*t & answer the questions like you keep saying you will, or stay the proven scammer you are!! s0br/BAN scam thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=782765.0
MRBONG411

Activity: 639
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:55:30 PM

I don't think is true.

I think there have been some bumps in the road and while some of the problems have been handled very well some others could have been handled better it seems.

All in all I would say this is an ok pool to mine at and the owner or owners seem honest.

flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 10:09:58 PM

Seems like payouts are still around 15% short, not including the bonus..  Will these be fixed soon?

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
.....Really?

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 10:27:43 PM

Seems like payouts are still around 15% short, not including the bonus..  Will these be fixed soon?

What makes you think it's broken? Maybe it's working exactly how they want it to, I mean, 15% of every users income from the very first day the pool started is a tidy sum, is it not?...... Wink

Especially now you've joined.......what were you thinking?

MoreBloodWine
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 10:29:56 PM

Seems like payouts are still around 15% short, not including the bonus..  Will these be fixed soon?
Sure wish we knew what started the payout problem  Roll Eyes

To be decided...
Count_Frackula

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 10:33:19 PM

You just have bad luck with Bitcoin pools, don't you?  Maybe you should just make your own Bitcoin pool.  You've got a pretty big user base as it is, I bet you could do it.

TBog

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 10:34:22 PM

.....Really?
awaygotroubles

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 10:53:21 PM

I've sent messages, I've waited, I've resisted making FUD here on the boards, now I'm done until "the weather clears". Good Luck Everyone  Undecided
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: