Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:52:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 [1090] 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170602 times)
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 03:00:47 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2015, 04:24:09 PM by crowetic

-[Possibility of FUN announcement]-

Okay, so...

We were thinking... and since mining BURST right now really isn't making anyone anything...

What about if we do this! *drumroll*

-Possibly turn burst.ninja into a LOTTERY POOL! (what is a lottery pool you may ask?)

...how it would work...

1. Miners would mine on burst.ninja pool the same as they always would.

2. A decided upon percentage of the payouts, 25, 50, 75, hell, even 100% if majority approves... will go into a lottery winning fund.

3. You can purchase, or... we'll setup another address where you can actually MINE for lottery tickets only...

4. The winner of the lottery, will be paid out the lottery winner fund, this gives people a chance at making more than they would make in MONTHS mining, in a single week. It also gives smaller miners a chance at winning more than they'd ever be able to mine. We think it is a fun idea, especially since BURST mining is pretty boring right now, we figured we'd spice it up a bit.

So, I'm gathering opinions on this right now, the weekly payouts of burst.ninja pool are very high, as we're one of the largest pools. We were estimating it at around 1.5-2 million burst per week.

This means that if we give 50% of the payouts to the lottery, that's close to 1 million BURST paid out each week in the lottery! IF you setup your miners to mine for lottery tickets instead of BURST, you would have a pretty decent chance of winning, and even if it took you 2 months to win, you won't be able to mine a million burst in that short of a period of time, it has taken my 25TB miner over the time the pool has been running to make just close to 650k. The pool has been running quite a while, too. So the odds of mining a million burst for any normal miner, in anything less than probably 8 months or more, is pretty much impossible.

We think this is a fun idea that hasn't been done before, we think it gives people a reason to mine BURST, we think it gives a reason to use the ATs, we think it gives a reason for people to BUY BURST, to participate in this large lottery, we think it is a good idea, but we would like to get the opinions of our miners, and the community on this.

So, let us know what you think! Thanks!

**the ByteEnt asset miner would be setup to mine for lottery tickets only, to give the asset a chance at winning the lottery and thus splitting the dividends to all the asset holders as well!**

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
haitch

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 03:36:13 PM

For miners looking for more capacity, 2TB refurb drives @ $49.99

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Western-Digital-RE4-2-TB-Internal-7200-RPM-3-5-WD2003FYYS-Hard-Drive-/131549475970?rmvSB=true

and 5TB Toshibas @ $145

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822149570&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-Skimlinks-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=12087162&PID=7102534&SID=skim31285X1023697Xeca9ec6ec9ab232ee7e33ab5e2a1ee21&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-Skimlinks

H.

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
█████████████████████████
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

Largest Fund worldwide for distributed application makers   
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

wireline.io  -  facebook.com/wirelineio  -  @wirelineio

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 04:23:33 PM

Okay, so...

We were thinking... and since mining BURST right now really isn't making anyone anything...

-Possibly turn burst.ninja into a LOTTERY POOL! (what is a lottery pool you may ask?)

...how it would work...

2. A decided upon percentage of the payouts, 25, 50, 75, hell, even 100% if majority approves... will go into a lottery winning fund.

3. You can purchase, or... we'll setup another address where you can actually MINE for lottery tickets only...

4. The winner of the lottery, will be paid out the lottery winner fund, this gives people a chance at making more than they would make in MONTHS mining, in a single week. It also gives smaller miners a chance at winning more than they'd ever be able to mine. We think it is a fun idea, especially since BURST mining is pretty boring right now, we figured we'd spice it up a bit.

So, I'm gathering opinions on this right now, the weekly payouts of burst.ninja pool are very high, as we're one of the largest pools. We were estimating it at around 1.5-2 million burst per week.

This means that if we give 50% of the payouts to the lottery, that's close to 1 million BURST paid out each week in the lottery! IF you setup your miners to mine for lottery tickets instead of BURST, you would have a pretty decent chance of winning, and even if it took you 2 months to win, you won't be able to mine a million burst in that short of a period of time, it has taken my 25TB miner over the time the pool has been running to make just close to 650k. The pool has been running quite a while, too. So the odds of mining a million burst for any normal miner, in anything less than probably 8 months or more, is pretty much impossible.

We think this is a fun idea that hasn't been done before, we think it gives people a reason to mine BURST, we think it gives a reason to use the ATs, we think it gives a reason for people to BUY BURST, to participate in this large lottery, we think it is a good idea, but we would like to get the opinions of our miners, and the community on this.

**the ByteEnt asset miner would be setup to mine for lottery tickets only, to give the asset a chance at winning the lottery and thus splitting the dividends to all the asset holders as well!**

The idea has been shot down. Nevermind.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

quarkchain.io

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 04:57:14 PM

I think we can burn coins at C-Cex exchange , but I'm not sure about a single burn address...
haitch

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 04:58:30 PM

Okay, so...

...how it would work...

The idea has been shot down. Nevermind.

Don't shoot it down - dedicated pool for lottery payouts works, just don't do it with the primary burst pool.

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
FakeAccount

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

I'm not real

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 06:00:32 PM

I have a possibly stupid question, but I can't remember if we ever got an answer for it...

Does BURST have a BURN ADDRESS??

If not, can we create one?
i have a vague recollection of some 0000000....00000000 address mentioined previously, but can't recall 100%
luxe

Activity: 257
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 06:12:51 PM

I have a possibly stupid question, but I can't remember if we ever got an answer for it...

Does BURST have a BURN ADDRESS??

If not, can we create one?

Hello BURST community !!

Can anyone please guide me on how to create a custom burn address?

Will appreciate your kind help.
bump
0.05 btc to the one who can create it

BURST-0000-0000-0000-0000

That is a burn address.  Could you swap that BTC into burst and send it to the address in my sig?  Thanks!

The addresses use Reed-Solomon encoding, so making a valid address is not that easy.

Good point.. This should be valid though:
BURST-SWG9-PYUU-68QD-BSNEN

This is what is output when you run the account number with all 1s through RS generation.

Generated using: http://www.mynxt.info/account/11111111111111111111

This will do !

The bounty is yours.

Thanks !
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 06:51:17 PM

Burst website is down, what happened?

riskyfire

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 08:50:20 PM

I've just had my first burst drive failure!

Sadly my Seagate Backup Plus 8Tb just died after 4 month mining with it Sad
But fortunately it does have a two year warranty and the retailer is replacing it
for a new one.

My other similar Seagate drives are all doing well, has anyone else had many HD failures?

soulistyce

Activity: 699
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:54:27 PM

all burst block explorers are dead....what happen...
price really down, explorers down....
is this coin dead already Huh Huh
haitch

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:56:26 PM

But fortunately it does have a two year warranty and the retailer is replacing it
for a new one.

My other similar Seagate drives are all doing well, has anyone else had many HD failures?

I have about 30 drives mining - lost one Seagate 3TB, and they have a really bad reputation.

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
haitch

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 08:58:21 PM

burstcoin.eu was shut down courtesy of a malicious user here, burstcoin.info is temporarily down - see Tiga's message above.

H.

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 09:10:04 PM

I thought everyone would be interested to see this, another user issuing a pretty interesting asset, and since no one uses burstforum for some reason... I figured I would post it here in this monstrous ridiculous thread. lol...

https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/ann-income-asset-decentralized-referral-empire-based-income.839/#post-5920

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 09:16:32 PM

I thought everyone would be interested to see this, another user issuing a pretty interesting asset, and since no one uses burstforum for some reason... I figured I would post it here in this monstrous ridiculous thread. lol...

https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/ann-income-asset-decentralized-referral-empire-based-income.839/#post-5920

wow i didnt notice that, ty for the info @crowetic, also i agree with you, we should use the burstforum more (including myselft) or maybe dev can start a new thread here and selft/moderated, what do you think?

not everything are bad news in last days in burst world Wink

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

quarkchain.io

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 09:19:13 PM

Awesome , I'm very exited on such implementation , will participate ASAP ! Smiley
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 09:20:04 PM

Far from dead. Our block explorer is temporarily down for maintenance, and the other, like Haitch said, was maliciously attacked by a wonderful member of our own community. Nice, right?

Everyone should be VERY WARY of ELMIT.

But yea, the coin is far from dead, in fact, I'm in the process of setting up a new AT for some regular bonus payouts to ninja miners, and building a new pool for our lottery idea!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
Elmit

Activity: 785

BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 11:23:12 PM

But yea, the coin is far from dead, ...

... about 50 Satoshi far away!

Any PR to turn it around?

Ing. Ronald Wiplinger (@ ELMIT)   Blog and pools: http://mininghere.com  CAT info at: https://cat.elmit.com  Tel.: (O) +886 (0)2--2623-3117, (M) +886 (0) 988--70-77-42, Telegram: @RonaldPhone
BurstBurst

Activity: 494
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 11:32:01 PM

Tks tips. Not buying this new 8tb even for home usage.

for a new one.

Irontiga

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 12:18:51 AM

burstcoin.eu was shut down courtesy of a malicious user here, burstcoin.info is temporarily down - see Tiga's message above.

H.

Really sorry about this guys.....I am gonna do some stuff....hopefully it starts working again soon lol ;P
riskyfire

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 01:13:37 AM

I'm all for new burstcoin assets. However I personally do a lot of online affiliate marketing and it can be very hard,
I do well from it now and even make a fulltime income from it. But I've never had successful bitcoin affiliate campaign!

Sadly I doubt that this person (an unknown) could make a profit from the affiliate marketing of bitcoin related products or services.

Just my opinion of course.

Pages: « 1 ... 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 [1090] 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: