Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:46:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 [405] 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Wheatclove

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 09:52:27 PM

Are you sure you didn't get really high last night before bed, wake up in the middle of the night super paranoid of your new computer having NSA backdoors, create a new wallet on your old pc and send the SDC to it, enable it for staking, take another super fat dab and fall back asleep, waking up with no memory of the middle night paranoia fit?
lawgicc

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 10:29:36 PM

Are you sure you didn't get really high last night before bed, wake up in the middle of the night super paranoid of your new computer having NSA backdoors, create a new wallet on your old pc and send the SDC to it, enable it for staking, take another super fat dab and fall back asleep, waking up with no memory of the middle night paranoia fit?

i love people that try to down others that smoke weed. I can be blunted off an eighth to the dome and function perfectly fine. your lame joke would be somewhat humerous if i didnt just lose 55k sdc. its good though atleast dasource has verified the SDC didnt get sent from my wallets. Why would i make this all up?? For what??? a couple free extra SDC and a pitty party? fuck off yo i dont even want anyones sdc its good

mrBitcoinZ.com
@mrB1tc01n
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 10:41:03 PM

i love people that try to down others that smoke weed. I can be blunted off an eighth to the dome and function perfectly fine. your lame joke would be somewhat humerous if i didnt just lose 55k sdc. its good though atleast dasource has verified the SDC didnt get sent from my wallets. Why would i make this all up?? For what??? a couple free extra SDC and a pitty party? fuck off yo i dont even want anyones sdc its good

Hahaha when i was a butcher i used to get smashed before work everyday never cut my arm off Cool i work better on it.
lawgicc

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 10:49:29 PM

Hahaha when i was a butcher i used to get smashed before work everyday never cut my arm off Cool i work better on it.

id smoke a j to the dome of the fire out here in cali before every football game, led the league in rushing yards and received offensive MVP in D1 Mt Hamilton division. So wheatclove, suck my dick.

mrBitcoinZ.com
@mrB1tc01n
Schild_

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 10:52:32 PM

Sorry you're having this horrible experience. I don't understand how such a thing is possible, it seems very weird! I'm not very tech savvy so I don't get much of the discussion but if you don't find your coins,  even if you don't wanna anyone's SDC I'll happily donate a little something for solidarity.

Should we all fear for our coins? It would be great if someone could identify how these coins got hacked and explain the other how to protect their coins from this to happen.
Wheatclove

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 11:08:00 PM

-img-

it wasn't a joke, it was a serious inquiry. stranger things have happened and i certainly have nothing against cannabis.

so either your wallet.dat got lifted from your computer, or someone brute forced your private key.
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 11:13:13 PM

Sorry you're having this horrible experience. I don't understand how such a thing is possible, it seems very weird! I'm not very tech savvy so I don't get much of the discussion but if you don't find your coins,  even if you don't wanna anyone's SDC I'll happily donate a little something for solidarity.

Should we all fear for our coins? It would be great if someone could identify how these coins got hacked and explain the other how to protect their coins from this to happen.
I think it's time large holders and holders in general start thinking about storing offline on paper wallets etc and deleting everything from there computers until we can come up with something to fix this problem i am in the process, only have a small amount not in cold storage now, how can this be prevented? could shadow build some kind of cryptovault program that held the wallet or wallet.dat etc so this was not possible? i have something like this on my phone to keep apps and photos safe also optional 2FA in the wallet is an idea i have thrown out before, this is a huge problem in crypto that needs to be addressed.
dasource

Activity: 821
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 11:18:24 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2015, 12:04:40 AM by dasource

It is the same as any other hack ... you get affected by malware and the rest is history.
The best way to protect yourself if you have a sizable investment (by your own admission) and you wish to stake is to use a separate device. (if you have the know how use multisig).

Part of the development on the ShadowCore over the past month has been to bring the likes of BIP32/39 etc. Hopefully once we have these on the main-net we can get some interest from a hardware vendor to support Shadow Hardware Wallet so everyone can sleep at night better knowing there Shadows are more secure than ever.

Generally speaking the message today post this unfortunate incident is the same as always, be extra careful where, how and what you do on devices where any sums of any crypto is present.

^ I am with STUPID!
Wheatclove

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 11:18:36 PM

I think it's time large holders and holders in general start thinking about storing offline on paper wallets etc and deleting everything from there computers until we can come up with something to fix this problem i am in the process, only have a small amount not in cold storage now, how can this be prevented? could shadow build some kind of cryptovault program that held the wallet or wallet.dat etc so this was not possible? i have something like this on my phone to keep apps and photos safe also optional 2FA in the wallet is an idea i have thrown out before, this is a huge problem in crypto that needs to be addressed.

it's not the responsibility of the devs to make sure everyone's coins are safe from malware. pulling coins off of the network would negatively impact the security of the network.
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 11:23:56 PM

Here are some apps i would like to see on sold in the shadowapp store one day
1. shadowvault a program that stores your wallet securely like the many vault programs, but using shadowtech because the ones out there now suck.
2. A shadow version of Authy for optional 2FA in the SDC wallet
If we had these i would store my wallet wallet.dat all in vault with PW and 2FA , then i would have my wallet with another PW and 2FA try breaking into that bitch.
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 11:28:57 PM

it's not the responsibility of the devs to make sure everyone's coins are safe from malware. pulling coins off of the network would negatively impact the security of the network.
No it's not, and i never said it was, but it would be nice if in the future there were some shadowapps that made things a bit safer for everyone, IMO the fact so many BTC have been flogged in this fashion, has hurt it more then any amount of blackmarket activity, i don't like putting my credit card info on the net, good luck getting the majority of the world to accept crypto when they can be lifted form your computer so easy. will never happen.
lawgicc

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 11:33:11 PM

-img-

it wasn't a joke, it was a serious inquiry. stranger things have happened and i certainly have nothing against cannabis.

so either your wallet.dat got lifted from your computer, or someone brute forced your private key.

even if someone lifted my wallet.dat file theyd have to have my paraphrase....which is pretty damn impressive if they cracked that.

please elaborate what a brute force of my private key is?

I dont believe it was a keylogger....I tested it myself, with wrong passwords, wrong auth codes, and the only access the attacker did was inbetween the red and blue lines. (This is on my blockchain wallet, same day my SDC coins go missing.)

The only wallet qt I have is the newest SDC wallet.

mrBitcoinZ.com
@mrB1tc01n
Gibbs187x

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Moon

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 11:53:35 PM

Roll Eyes
did you download the wallet from the OP never download from Quotes!!!

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 12:15:33 AM

Roll Eyes

Do a check against the versions: checksum

How, example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7ZZqnkrj48
lawgicc

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 12:37:50 AM

Roll Eyes

i first went to the website to download it then that didnt work i kept getting error messages so i downloaded it from the repost from Erok that was a repost of rynomaster....that didnt work so i went to the OP and that verison worked....Then my balance went to 0 once fully synced. Feels awesome.

mrBitcoinZ.com
@mrB1tc01n
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 12:40:41 AM

Roll Eyes

How, example:

checksuming a good idea (tho few will do it).
ive never seen a prog that checked its own cheksum b4 launch. If the app verified it's checksum by comparing to a value stored on the blockchain… then hmm… is this a solution?

nevertheless in lawgicc's case the coins have been stolen by some other means.
what do we know?

1) the attacker did not use shadowsend
2) the attacker staked the wallet with the stolen funds
3) the attacker made 2 withdrawals (robberies) seperated by several hours
4) the wallet was protected with a 30+char pass
5) the PC was brand new

My Q
How did they know the pass? lawgicc: did u ever enter it? was there maybe a keystroke logger that grabbed it?

Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 12:44:03 AM

Roll Eyes

How, example:

ive never seen a prog that checked its own cheksum b4 launch. If the app verified it's checksum by comparing to a value stored on the blockchain… then hmm… is this a solution?

nevertheless in lawgic's case the coins have been stolen by some other means.
what do we know?

5) the PC was brand new

My Q
How did they know the pass? lawgic: did u ever enter it? was there maybe a keystroke logger that grabbed it?

I think the attempts to log in to the blockchain.info account are a valuable clue.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
lawgicc

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 12:44:44 AM

Roll Eyes

How, example:

what do we know?

3) the wallet was protected with a 30+char pass
4) the PC was brand new

My Q
How did they know the pass? lawgic: did u ever enter it? was there maybe a keystroke logger that grabbed it?

It fucking beats me. I literally unwrapped this computer yesterday....No idea how a key logger would have got my new PC key logged that quick....My chromebook with linux was encrypted with 2 paraphrases, and my paraphrases are encrypted with pgp 30+ characters long, numbers+letters+symbols.

Never seen these files before?

any idea?

The Shadow-Qt with the shadow logo does nothing when clicked. I use a different folder/exe to open up the qt. Also the file below was added around the time my coins were lifted and someone tried to access my blockchain wallet.

mrBitcoinZ.com
@mrB1tc01n
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 12:47:04 AM

Roll Eyes

How, example:

what do we know?

5) the PC was brand new

My Q

I think the attempts to log in to the blockchain.info account are a valuable clue.

didnt look at those screens close but yes lawgicc appears to have fallen prey to a targeted attack.
my q again however is how did they know his pass for his shadow wallet? he must have entered it (typed it) at some point on his new PC which had a keylogger.

lawgicc: where did u buy ur new PC?

Gibbs187x

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Moon

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 12:47:15 AM

Roll Eyes

How, example:

what do we know?

3) the wallet was protected with a 30+char pass
4) the PC was brand new

My Q

It fucking beats me. I literally unwrapped this computer yesterday....No idea how a key logger would have got my new PC key logged that quick....My chromebook with linux was encrypted with 2 paraphrases, and my paraphrases are encrypted with pgp 30+ characters long, numbers+letters+symbols.

Never seen these files before?

any idea?

The Shadow-Qt with the shadow logo does nothing when clicked. I use a different folder/exe to open up the qt. Also the file below was added around the time my coins were lifted and someone tried to access my blockchain wallet.
run malwarebytes or superantispyware someone prob ratted you! or malware scan now! hacker could have binded files n show clean

Pages: « 1 ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 [405] 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: