Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:14:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 [1274] 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312370 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 07:50:36 PM

$55

I wish.
My little Monero mining operation would finally pay for itself!

I definitely think $12-15 is possible in the next few months if we get some official GUI wallets and convince some more sites/ vendors to take XMR in addition to Bitcoin.

If btc goes 1000 % up next year from here, Monero can even drop against btc in order to achieve 55 usd.

I change my mind it will be $80.09

nevar forget

Apparently you are being prophetic here.

and Shiroslullaby, I think $15 is quite pessimistic for an ATH of 2017. You need to understand that average price is usually at least half of ATH.  I would give more chances that $15 is bottom of second half of 2017 then an ATH of 2017.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
primer-
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 09:05:46 PM

Any updates to the protocol scheduled for the next hard fork ?  RingCT ?
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 02:15:24 AM

RingCT is already in the code and active on the public testnet. It is scheduled to go live on the main net with the next hard fork.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 04:54:47 AM

did you know that 38% of americans could not point to england on a global map?

LOL bruv, I'll whup yer arse in a geography (or Doctor Who) pub quiz, anytime, any place, and in any state of inebriation.

Did you know the population of the US is measured in the 100s of millions?

Did you know that "more is different?"

Did you know we Yanks (respecting our English heritage) politely refer to that low-information 38% as the "legacy of slavery?"

Would you believe I can do a passable Northern (Manchester/Scottish) brogue, Celtic (Welsh/Irish) lilt, and London Cockney?

And I've never spend more than a few hours mucking about Old Blighty, while on layover at Heathrow.   Wink

Could you match my range of American accents, which ranges from Deep Southern to (all regions of) Texan, to Californian TV English?

Naw princess, you could never.  So rest assured our top 62% is >> than your 100%.   Kiss

Great trolling though.  Keep up the good work, especially on the Dash thread!   Cool

Man, your arrogance is a perfect example of the stereotype many foreigners stereotype about us Americans.  Nice job, pal.  And you know what?  American's in general actually don't know jack about what's happening in the world, or even in the States.  Don't worry, we know YOU know everything...so I hope you don't take offense personally.
Funny how an offhand remark can lead to such. You americans are so prissy and defensive nowadays! Don't worry though, you can watch Game Of Thrones while your government tears up the constitution. On a related note, do you all think it is a good, or bad thing that a businessman has been able to buy the presidency of your country? Trump winning(!)has made your country a joke in the eyes of the rest of the world. My american friends, you with a brain, you must revolt. What else?

EDIT: being a multi-talent, my portfolio of passable american accents includes (but isn't limited to), noo yawk, deep south, valley girl (I like doing that one) and minnesotan. BTW there's no such thing as a manchester/scottish brogue. Completely different parts of the UK. Just so you know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQsJ8XNlxmw

Funny how my response to an off-hand remark proving the ignorance of your comment and having you respond with "you're moot" instead of an intelligent response ....  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 04:56:39 AM

RingCT is already in the code and active on the public testnet. It is scheduled to go live on the main net with the next hard fork.

Looks like primer bought back in.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 05:30:06 AM

Looks like January 2017 is pretty critical in Monerosphere.
Is this getting ready for starting marketing to the mainstream audience (in spring semester of 2017) or some other things still need to be fixed for that?
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 09:35:58 AM

did you know that 38% of americans could not point to england on a global map?

LOL bruv, I'll whup yer arse in a geography (or Doctor Who) pub quiz, anytime, any place, and in any state of inebriation.

Did you know the population of the US is measured in the 100s of millions?

Did you know that "more is different?"

Did you know we Yanks (respecting our English heritage) politely refer to that low-information 38% as the "legacy of slavery?"

Would you believe I can do a passable Northern (Manchester/Scottish) brogue, Celtic (Welsh/Irish) lilt, and London Cockney?

And I've never spend more than a few hours mucking about Old Blighty, while on layover at Heathrow.   Wink

Could you match my range of American accents, which ranges from Deep Southern to (all regions of) Texan, to Californian TV English?

Naw princess, you could never.  So rest assured our top 62% is >> than your 100%.   Kiss

Great trolling though.  Keep up the good work, especially on the Dash thread!   Cool

Man, your arrogance is a perfect example of the stereotype many foreigners stereotype about us Americans.  Nice job, pal.  And you know what?  American's in general actually don't know jack about what's happening in the world, or even in the States.  Don't worry, we know YOU know everything...so I hope you don't take offense personally.
Funny how an offhand remark can lead to such. You americans are so prissy and defensive nowadays! Don't worry though, you can watch Game Of Thrones while your government tears up the constitution. On a related note, do you all think it is a good, or bad thing that a businessman has been able to buy the presidency of your country? Trump winning(!)has made your country a joke in the eyes of the rest of the world. My american friends, you with a brain, you must revolt. What else?

EDIT: being a multi-talent, my portfolio of passable american accents includes (but isn't limited to), noo yawk, deep south, valley girl (I like doing that one) and minnesotan. BTW there's no such thing as a manchester/scottish brogue. Completely different parts of the UK. Just so you know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQsJ8XNlxmw

Funny how my response to an off-hand remark proving the ignorance of your comment and having you respond with "you're moot" instead of an intelligent response ....  Cheesy
I have not passed through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm.
strawbs
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1340

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 11:21:26 AM

BTW Manchester and Scotland are both in the North

Try telling that to either a Mancunian or a Scot. That would be fun to watch.
phoenix rises

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 11:54:20 AM

Lol!! Yeh, I'd like to see that too. Make it a Glaswegian for good measure ... Scottish Kiss anyone ?  Cheesy
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 01:55:51 PM

Lol!! Yeh, I'd like to see that too. Make it a Glaswegian for good measure ... Scottish Kiss anyone ?  Cheesy

I am Scottish.  Clan MacGregor ("Royal is my race").  So I can hold my own, am quick to anger, and say whatever the hell I want to.   Grin

That's right, selectively edit my post and back the fuck off from disputing the entirely accurate claim both Scot1 and Mancunian2 accents are both characterized as brogues.

Throw in an implied threat of violence just to be sure I'm warned against stating a simple fact of geography in public.

Send me a ticket to the UK and I'll tell as many people as you like Manchester and Scotland are both in Deh Norf (albeit on opposite sides of the wall).  British Airways, KLM, SAS, or Korean Air only please.

David Tennant, a previous regeneration of Doctor Who, stepped up, and his recitation of some choice 140-character invectives was like the Jimmy Kimmel "mean tweets" bits, but with a Scottish brogue, without the sad music, and much more NSFW.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/665355/jill-stein-now-sue-pennsylvania-recount-constitutional-grounds

Feet up on his office desk, top shirt button undone and tie at half-mast, Monks, 57, acknowledged last week, in his melancholic Manchester brogue, that 'unions are back on the agenda'.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2002/sep/08/theobserver.observerbusiness13

Addition information which may potentially offer temporary relief for your condition of chronic fuckwittedness:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaels

Could you go on in PM pls... your very off-topic back and forth is tiring anyone else
Billy Bunter

Activity: 327
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 03:14:36 PM

Could you go on in PM pls... your very off-topic back and forth is tiring anyone else

You could have PM'd that request... instead of moaning about it in public (and presuming to speak for anyone else).

If you're tired... try taking a nap.

Okay, okay.  I'll delete my share of the shitposts resulting from volyova's "38% of Americans can't find England" trolling so smooth doesn't have to.

What's that?  You never complained about volyova going off-topic when he was bashing Americans?

Hmm, try the Ignore button if you find my pushing back against thinly disguised Trumpreich butthurt so wearisome.  Or go back to your Cloakcoin thread.  Wink

When you stray away from financial speculation and analysis you're like Trump's younger brother, only more boastful and brattish.

Baguette Holder.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2016, 03:32:57 PM

When you stray away from financial speculation and analysis you're like Trump's younger brother, only more boastful and brattish.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Gash

Activity: 652
Merit: 123

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 07:00:29 PM

Buying monero in december is a suicide. It just protracts the GUI mess to perpetuity which is a sign that a dumping whale waits for BTC to chill out.

Once bitcoin is curbed everythings back on track. Whale tells devs to hurry up their asses and pumps the hell outta it on the agreed bumping time. U better wait.
Hinozoid

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 08:00:12 PM

Buying monero in december is a suicide. It just protracts the GUI mess to perpetuity which is a sign that a dumping whale waits for BTC to chill out.

Once bitcoin is curbed everythings back on track. Whale tells devs to hurry up their asses and pumps the hell outta it on the agreed bumping time. U better wait.

Better:

Buy Now - Sell with the whale (GUI release) - and buy cheeper later...
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 08:15:52 PM

Hello,
Signed,  D. Lou Shen
johnnywoo2015

Activity: 824
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 08:21:27 PM

Better:

When is the release date?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 09:02:31 PM

Better:

When is the release date?

SoonTM  Grin

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 09:22:38 PM

Better:

Exactly.
If getting listed on Bittrex is worth a 10% raise in price,
a fully functioning GUI wallet has to be worth at least that, and maybe even more.
Pick up some coins and dump them at a good price, and you can probably make 10-20% off your investment easily.

Aby Normal

Activity: 48
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 10:40:19 PM

So, after Forest Trolls, Mountain Trolls, Cave Trolls etc ... - now we have Gooey Trolls - every time when Gooey trolls dump, this thread gets yucky  Undecided

Luxo

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 10:41:33 PM

Better:

Exactly.
If getting listed on Bittrex is worth a 10% raise in price,
a fully functioning GUI wallet has to be worth at least that, and maybe even more.
Pick up some coins and dump them at a good price, and you can probably make 10-20% off your investment easily.

I've wondered if it would not be a lot more than a 10-20% raise. As seen previously, just the DNM announcement has made XMR rocket immensely to an ATH.

I am thinking that the release of the GUI + RingCT might have a bigger impact as the average user will be able to use their XMR a lot more easily and more anonymously.

Can't wait to see how the release will unfold... Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 [1274] 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: