Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:23:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 [1275] 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312365 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
hyc

Activity: 88
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 10:56:02 PM

The DNM announcement was a special case, I think. Since AlphaBay themselves had been buying up coins all summer to soak up supply, and orchestrate the P&D themselves. I don't think Bitfinex has done much XMR buying of their own. And the dev team is not buying up coins in anticipation of the GUI launch.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fragbait

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 12:31:49 AM

As I can see today, order book is full of emptiness at Bitfinex lol. What a crap of news to try to recover bear trend.

So the Bitfinex pump lasted 4 days and now it's back where it started and heading down. Question is, will the people be fooled as easily next time?
CoM1ner

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 01:19:50 AM

As I can see today, order book is full of emptiness at Bitfinex lol. What a crap of news to try to recover bear trend.

So the Bitfinex pump lasted 4 days and now it's back where it started and heading down. Question is, will the people be fooled as easily next time?

I saw an interesting post on Monero Reddit and really thought into why and came to the conclusion that maybe they are preparing for high volume trading at a future date. Doesn't make sense to add Monero yet to their tiny list of available coins.

My guess:

I could see it get higher than the DNM pump IF there are no major issues found. The Ethereum pump ended because of the DAO hack and then the string of problems afterwards. I'm sure Ethereum will be fine after and will explode with future releases.

In the mean time, this looks like Quarter 1 of 2017 will be Monero's time to shine assuming the wallet releases soon and nothing goes wrong with RingCT implementation.
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 01:39:51 AM

I saw an interesting post on Monero Reddit and really thought into why and came to the conclusion that maybe they are preparing for high volume trading at a future date. Doesn't make sense to add Monero yet to their tiny list of available coins.

My guess:

I could see it get higher than the DNM pump IF there are no major issues found. The Ethereum pump ended because of the DAO hack and then the string of problems afterwards. I'm sure Ethereum will be fine after and will explode with future releases.

In the mean time, this looks like Quarter 1 of 2017 will be Monero's time to shine assuming the wallet releases soon and nothing goes wrong with RingCT implementation.

Why did bitfinex add it?  Because it has very high trading volume.  XMR and ETH are the 2 consistent high volume coins.  I would imagine that bitfinex wants to add margin trading for XMR when they can.  Polo currently has the XMR action but bitfinex has the fiat on ramp.

And as hyc said, the price effect of the release of the GUI and RingCT should be much less than that of the original 2 DNMs.
sui_generis

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 01:54:28 AM

Why did bitfinex add it?  Because it has very high trading volume.  XMR and ETH are the 2 consistent high volume coins.  I would imagine that bitfinex wants to add margin trading for XMR when they can.  Polo currently has the XMR action but bitfinex has the fiat on ramp.

And as hyc said, the price effect of the release of the GUI and RingCT should be much less than that of the original 2 DNMs.
I'd qualify that by saying they won't have as large of an immediate price effect. GUI/RingCT will grow the userbase, leading to sustained price growth.
CoM1ner

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 01:56:46 AM

My guess:

Why did bitfinex add it?  Because it has very high trading volume.  XMR and ETH are the 2 consistent high volume coins.  I would imagine that bitfinex wants to add margin trading for XMR when they can.  Polo currently has the XMR action but bitfinex has the fiat on ramp.

XMR hasn't seen this kind of trading volume since the pump 2 months ago. Before that, Monero's trading volume has been <100k. If you are right and after the wallet release and RingCT there isn't much to be expected besides a small pump, there really won't be much for Monero in terms of trading so we should be going back to <500K volume and probably knocked back down a few ranks for marketcap.

XRP has a consistent trading volume around 500K so XRP would be a great addition to Bitfinex, but they haven't added it yet.

Makes me think that there is a lot in store for Monero for 2017. At least in expected trading volume.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 02:29:38 AM

Meh, just another day of Monero speculation. This coin has it's own chart altogether IMO, apart from BTC. I know it always falls on BTC rise, but it eventually seems to recover. This coin is next level. I'm really glad to be a life-long technology geek who actually gets the big picture.  Cool

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Dahhi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

MERCATOX

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 10:16:56 AM

In 2017, monero will surely beat ethereum and climb to number two on the charts...

ozkraut

Activity: 522
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 10:54:30 AM

In 2017, monero will surely beat ethereum and climb to number two on the charts...

It'll be the cash to btc's bank account. Slightly more ambitious than LTC. With an actual mission bigger than no 2 IMHO

Monero - Wir sind die Leute vor denen uns unsere Eltern gewarnt haben!
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 11:30:09 AM

It'll be the cash to btc's bank account. Slightly more ambitious than LTC. With an actual mission bigger than no 2 IMHO

The potential is certainly there. I think 2017 will be a good year for XMR. Lets hope it goes well.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 12:49:40 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2016, 01:15:06 PM by Febo

Buying monero in december is a suicide. It just protracts the GUI mess to perpetuity which is a sign that a dumping whale waits for BTC to chill out.

Once bitcoin is curbed everythings back on track. Whale tells devs to hurry up their asses and pumps the hell outta it on the agreed bumping time. U better wait.

Actually if you look December 2014 and 2015, those are one of best opportunities to buy Monero cheap.

@CoM1ner

Monero is one year older then Ethereum. Also you cant compare a normally launched POW coin like Monero with an premine ICO like Ethereum. 72 milions coins premined out of 86 millions. Those people that got those 80% of all coins for pennies dont really care at which price they sell them.
seven.71

Activity: 770
Merit: 251

live the dream but don't live the dream

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 01:39:22 PM

I want to ask information Monero ON WITH wallet Jaxx
Release Date wallet Jaxx how to review Monero ??

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
jay8291

Activity: 812

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 06:28:47 PM

Monero is quite stable between below 0.01-0.011. Performing better than Ethereum which just touched 0.0091

████▄▄▀▀███▄▄▄
      ▄▀ █████████▄▄ ▀▀▄▄██
    ▄█▀ ████████▀▀▀▄▄  ▀████
  ▄██▌ ███▀▀▄▄▄▄████▌▐██▄▀██▌
 ▀▀▀   ▄▄▄██████████ █████▄▀█▄
▀███▌ ▄▄▀███████████ ███████▄▀
 ███▌▐███▄ ▀███████▌▐█████████
  ██▌▐██████▄▀▀████ ███████████
   █▌▐█████████▄▀██ ████▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀ ████████████   ▄▄▄▄████
     ██████▀▀▀▄▄▄█▄ ██████
     ▀▀ ▄▄▄████████▌▐███
             ▀▀▀▀▀██ ▀

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄██████████████████▄
██▀              ▀██
██                ██
██                ██
██    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██
██                ██
██                ██
██                ██
██▄              ▄██
▀██████████████████▀
WP
▀ ▀▀▀

████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2016, 06:46:23 PM

Jaxx is having a hard time integrating Monero harder than they thought no release date. You may have the official GUI first at this rate.

seven.71

Activity: 770

live the dream but don't live the dream

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 07:19:26 PM

Jaxx is having a hard time integrating Monero harder than they thought no release date. You may have the official GUI first at this rate.

Thank you for the information when I expect to quickly Jaxx release Monero wallet so quickly that a lot of that support Monero and when that happens Monero Perhaps the price will be back at the price range of $ 12 per / xmr in June

according to my analysis

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Gash

Activity: 652
Merit: 123

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 07:51:03 PM

Buying monero in december is a suicide. It just protracts the GUI mess to perpetuity which is a sign that a dumping whale waits for BTC to chill out.

Once bitcoin is curbed everythings back on track. Whale tells devs to hurry up their asses and pumps the hell outta it on the agreed bumping time. U better wait.

Better:

Buy Now - Sell with the whale (GUI release) - and buy cheeper later...

Priced in already. How many time should I repeat myself?
Billy Bunter

Activity: 327
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 08:37:36 PM

Better:

Buy Now - Sell with the whale (GUI release) - and buy cheeper later...

Priced in already. How many time should I repeat myself?

Six should do it.

Baguette Holder.
hoertest

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 09:26:53 PM

the release won't have an immediate effect on price by now but i don't expect a big sell on the news type scenario either. mid term adoption will pick up and on exchange supply will decrease rather fast which will both be good for price development.
But i don't expect fireworks on release day.perhaps a little disappointment sell off when it doesn't happen but not too drastic.
its all ultra difficult to predict right now imo. xmr looks to good to be true at the moment but perhaps its just time to stop worrying something is fishy and spend time on other stuff for a while to come back wealthy. who knows  Smiley
Hinozoid

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 11:13:06 PM

Monero is some kind of obsessed at the moment. It just feels wrong to go all in. Prefere to wait the inquisition of the devil  Cheesy
If it is not the GUI it must be some other good news, but I hope they come soon...
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 11:16:26 PM

Sold a bunch of coins last night including ETH and REP to buy Monero.
Really glad I did since the price of XMR is standing strong.
Maybe I actually made a decent prediction for once!  Tongue

Pages: « 1 ... 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 [1275] 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: