Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:22:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 [1977] 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312340 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
mangoleaf

Activity: 49
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 10:39:51 PM

So happy I unloaded this crap coin on the last pump.  Looks like its going to be a permanent bear season for monero.

I hope new investors don't get tricked into investing in this crappy alt that has no future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4867

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 10:44:47 PM

The only reason for Monero to survive is the network effect, like Bitcoin, it's a first generation old blockchain tech.

Monero has been surpassed by many projects in terms of scalability, security, and features.
MSR, LOKI, DERO, even PIVX and DASH are all examples of vastly superior coins that will take the crown from Monero. Many build on top of Monero foundations, but where Monero stops, they keep innovating and preparing for real adoption.

In short, Monero is your wiggling rusty beloved oldtimer, (some of) the competition are high performance luxury sports cars. Sure there will be some love left for the oldtimers, but real world usage and adoption lies in the future with innovation, not in the past.
Jeez - DASH?  Haha!  High performance luxury sportcars?  Deluded, dude. Monero overtook Dash an age ago and I have not actually seen a lot of the others you mention - I don't look that far down Cryptomarket cap.

Monero's not a BItcoin clone 'old tech' coin either, do some proper research if you want to troll, kwukduck.

Long time no see.  You haven't been missed.  And you're a but late for the troll season, too - losing your touch, I guess. Bless.

Bitconnect was once a top 10 coin, peercoin was once in the top 10,  rank doesn't mean shit.  The truth is Monero is a dinosaur coin while other projects are developing fast with much better technology and are able to scale for mass adoption.  I truly feel sorry for the suckers that will be left holding worthless bags of moneroshit.

Merit 1, Jr? So whose sockpuppet are you?  Probably Kwukduck, I guess - since you're in so quick to defend that old spent force.

So, when did you get so scared about Monero that you grew the need to try to attack it?

Yeah, I was gonna give cryptokwuk one just for shits and giggles but he actually does have 1 !

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 10:49:58 PM

So happy I unloaded this crap coin on the last pump.  Looks like its going to be a permanent bear season for monero.

I hope new investors don't get tricked into investing in this crappy alt that has no future.

So, newbie (definitely not a sock account) - You have zero investment in Monero, but you still spend time coming here to talk about it?

May I ask why?  Butthurt? Jealous? Lost your shirt on Dash? Or simply a paid shill?

我想要火箭和火车
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 10:57:35 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2018, 11:09:59 PM by kurious

It's so poorly done, though - that is what's so sad about the trolling.  A whole bunch in and not a single credible troll post.

You can smell the cheap perfume. I believe it's called The Scent Of Desperation ©Kwukduck Corp.

我想要火箭和火车
cryptokwuk

Activity: 97
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 09:22:41 AM

Jeez - DASH?  Haha!  High performance luxury sportcars?  Deluded, dude.

Fact is, it had none of the vulnerabilities that Monero had in the past. Monero shillers keep yelling how bad Dash is and it offers no good protection, yet they provide zero evidence to back up their claim.

Loki went even further and acknowledges that Dash' masternode setup isn't optimal and completely redesigned it to avoid that structure from being exploited by adversaries as has been theorized. It furthermore builds on top of Monero tech, which i agree seems currently quite solid tech.

Monero overtook Dash an age ago
When did that happen? Monero has quite a bad track record when it comes to vulnerabilities and bugs, how about Dash...? Smiley... exactly...
The marketcap surely seems to disagree with you, and you seem to value marketcap indication... So the question stands...

and I have not actually seen a lot of the others you mention - I don't look that far down Cryptomarketcap.
Maybe you should look into new tech, specially if you're a fan of Monero tech, there are projects that are Monero and so much more.

Monero's not a BItcoin clone 'old tech' coin either, do some proper research if you want to troll, kwukduck.
It's not? So they change a few lines of code here and there, it's still 1st gen blockchain tech which is just inefficient, slow, bulky.
Ever wonder why we don't use tape deck players anymore? Yea, for that reason Monero as well as Bitcoin will not be used anymore within a short span of time.

Long time no see.  You haven't been missed.  And you're a but late for the troll season, too - losing your touch, I guess. Bless.
It's never too late to wake people up.
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 11:28:23 AM

Jeez - DASH?  Haha!  High performance luxury sportcars?  Deluded, dude.
Fact is, it had none of the vulnerabilities that Monero had in the past. Monero shillers keep yelling how bad Dash is and it offers no good protection, yet they provide zero evidence to back up their claim.

Monero is cutting edge tech and in continuous development to remain so.  Being the leader in any field means trying out new things, that were never tested before.  As with Bitcoin, yes - new potential attacks vectors or vulnerabilities have been discovered, and they have all been dealt with.

DarkCoin / Dash is older tech, not decentralised, optionally private (which means effectively not private at all) and not fungible.  It has a transparent-by-default blockchain and just uses a version of Coinjoin as a mixer.  Talk about old tech, there you go - but you surely know this?  Do you really trust Evan, would you want one of his masternodes?

Loki went even further and acknowledges that Dash' masternode setup isn't optimal and completely redesigned it to avoid that structure from being exploited by adversaries as has been theorized. It furthermore builds on top of Monero tech, which i agree seems currently quite solid tech.

When did that happen? Monero has quite a bad track record when it comes to vulnerabilities and bugs, how about Dash...? Smiley... exactly...
The marketcap surely seems to disagree with you, and you seem to value marketcap indication... So the question stands...

Er... for years Dash was always above Monero on Coinmarketcap.  Now Monero looks in the rear view mirror.  You should maybe check up before you make assertions that are out of date.  As for your admission that Dash's Masternode system is (as you put it) 'not optimal' - thanks for acknowledging one fatal flaw at least.  I guess you would not want a masternode, then. Also your appreciation of Monero's 'solid tech' is noted.

and I have not actually seen a lot of the others you mention - I don't look that far down Cryptomarketcap.
Maybe you should look into new tech, specially if you're a fan of Monero tech, there are projects that are Monero and so much more.
I keep my eyes and my mind open. I don't just ahem.. 'follow' Monero.  I have diverse interests, as I am sure do you... although we have a different approach to talking about it, evidently. For instance, I wouldn't bother to troll - I am not interested in diving into other CC's threads (rather pointlessly IMHO) to wind them up, or try to tell them they're wrong.  I can't help wondering why you do.

Monero's not a Bitcoin clone 'old tech' coin either, do some proper research if you want to troll, kwukduck.
It's not? So they change a few lines of code here and there, it's still 1st gen blockchain tech which is just inefficient, slow, bulky.
Ever wonder why we don't use tape deck players anymore? Yea, for that reason Monero as well as Bitcoin will not be used anymore within a short span of time.
If Bitcoin was 1st generation then Dash still is, but Monero was based upon the Cryptonight algo, launched about 5 years later than Bitcoin and developed much further since - in too many ways to mention - which again you surely know.

There will always be new and better things arriving in technology, and when they appear, wise people look into them.  That is how I ended up here.  Maybe Bitcoin and Monero will be out of date at some point, that is impossible to deny over the long term, but it's not happened yet.

Long time no see.  You haven't been missed.  And you're a bit late for the troll season, too - losing your touch, I guess. Bless.
It's never too late to wake people up.
Ha!  So you do have a sense of humour.  I doubt I will persuade you to give up your crusade against Monero and of course your long-standing assurances that Bitcoin is about to die.  However, I would advise you or anybody else to look at what these two well-developed first-mover coins have, as opposed to many of the ones you seem to suggest are far better.

That is; decentralisation, no premine, strong community support, excellent active development and actual proven real-world use cases.

我想要火箭和火车
doc12
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 11:38:47 AM

Retarded fudders spamming the thread ? This can only mean one thing  Roll Eyes ....
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 12:47:36 PM
Merited by Hueristic (5)

Deleted OT along with reply

Significant falls in the past mean that this can happen in the future on a larger scale. And then those 30 corporations that are included in the DJ index can, for example, simply withdraw their shares from the exchange.

cryptokwuk

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 01:02:31 PM

DarkCoin / Dash is older tech, not decentralised, optionally private (which means effectively not private at all) and not fungible.  It has a transparent-by-default blockchain and just uses a version of Coinjoin as a mixer.  Talk about old tech, there you go - but you surely know this?  Do you really trust Evan, would you want one of his masternodes?

Er... for years Dash was always above Monero on Coinmarketcap.  Now Monero looks in the rear view mirror.  You should maybe check up before you make assertions that are out of date.  As for your admission that Dash's Masternode system is (as you put it) 'not optimal' - thanks for acknowledging one fatal flaw at least.  I guess you would not want a masternode, then. Also your appreciation of Monero's 'solid tech' is noted.

I see this masternode bashing come up regularly from the Monero camp, please show me evidence of any dash private sent transaction has ever been compromised/deanonymized.

Yea it never happened and because of the masternode concept anonymity of old transactions is also much more likely to be guaranteed in the future.
For example, the Monerolink drama, those transactions are still affected, the people that made those transactions can still be affected. In dash this is unlikely to happen because the anonymization happens on the masternodes and is not stored on the blockchain that, if compromised, leaks all this data. The transaction registration and anonymization happen separately, which is a smart move. Now this system just has to be redesigned to be more robust against potential/theoretical attacks, which is what Loki does for example.

That is; decentralisation, no premine, strong community support, excellent active development and actual proven real-world use cases.

Some premine and specially mining rewards going to developers is alright i think, after all, they don't need to work for nothing, the way i see it it incentivizes dedication to and quality of the project. Masternodes does not mean centralization, it is part of the entire network that enables and incentivizes certain functionality, there can be a lot of masternodes (decentralized!)
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 01:47:51 PM
Merited by infofront (1)

I see this masternode bashing come up regularly from the Monero camp, please show me evidence of any dash private sent transaction has ever been compromised/deanonymized.

https://twitter.com/JEhrenhofer/status/1049179846138585088?s=19
eilder

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 02:36:25 PM

Can anyone tell me why XMR is so cheap despite being so damn powerful, I always try to look at the negatives and positives and good old XMR is one of the most undervalued coins out there, any of you can venture an educated guess on when will it go to its fair price?
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 03:00:09 PM

Can anyone tell me why XMR is so cheap despite being so damn powerful, I always try to look at the negatives and positives and good old XMR is one of the most undervalued coins out there, any of you can venture an educated guess on when will it go to its fair price?

It had quite big emission in first 4 years, that is extremely slowing down.

Its protocol dont base on Bitcoins so all infrastructure had to be build from start. This made Monero hard to enter on any exchanges or wallets or any other service. That company had to make an extra mile to add Monero. When with Bitcoin clones or ETH tokens was copy/paste job. Another thing to add at development is that original creator left and those developers that joined in 2014 did not know each other and know what to expect from each other. To me it is actually amazing it all went as it went in 2014 and 2015. But developing then was slow since whole code was rechecked and rebased. Also all work was voluntary. There was no crowdfunding. No ICO or IPO or company or a foundation. Just a simple opensource project.

The third thing is fear. Most people believes that anonymous currency brings problems but they actually solves them. You sort of need a mental click to understand how valuable Monero is and what fungibility gives you.

Fourth is that there is way less promotion and asking services and merchants you will not use to add Monero. As it is with other coins.

Fifth, there is way less market manipulation because no one got coins for almost free and cant afford that many to manipulate market.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 03:37:18 PM

When maximalists start practising what they preach and accept Monero is more Bitcoin than Bitcoin.

That or when cartels apply Monero to their cash<--accross-->borders problem.

cryptokwuk

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 03:38:52 PM

Yea that was just bonkers, that specific transaction was a specially crafted one using non standard mixing. If he had used default mixing settings he would have been unable to deanonymize the tx. At best it's comparable to when Monero allowed 0-mixin transactions.
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 04:37:09 PM

Yea that was just bonkers, that specific transaction was a specially crafted one using non standard mixing. If he had used default mixing settings he would have been unable to deanonymize the tx. At best it's comparable to when Monero allowed 0-mixin transactions.

Privacy must be by default, or it is not by definition private at all.  If some transactions are private, some not - the 'private' coin transactions are compromised.  Optional privacy compromises fungibility, too.  If some coins are private, some coins are not, then coins are tainted and may be treated differently

Yes (in theory) Monero initially was as per Dash is still - but Monero is light years ahead of that now.  Evan et al don't seem concerned, or maybe just cannot keep up - it's hard to tell. 

However, privacy is becoming more of an issue, and may for some be a matter of life and death.

The difference is stance between Dash and Monero is clear. Dash cannot hope to be even 'one' of the leading privacy coins and is going in a different direction with its central marketing efforts.  No one who knows what they are doing would even consider Dash for privacy when it really matters.

Lastly - privacy?  Dash has a 'rich list' FFS!   https://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-dash-addresses.html

Show me Monero's?

我想要火箭和火车
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 11:50:44 PM

@cryptokwuk

All Monero forks you mention have fraction of Monero community and developers. Yes they can have big part of Monero infrastructure simply because they could copy/paste it from Monero.

No one is bothered much about other coins. Let them do whatever they want to do. None of them is even close to be a real competitor in true crypto currency.

And I know you know this and you totally agree and just have fun opposing it on this thread.
Dig Bicks

Activity: 348
Merit: 22

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 12:54:11 AM

Monero is a shitcoin, don't be left holding bags

Don't fall for the stupid hype.  This is just another altcoin that will die out while bitcoin remains the king.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 01:31:54 AM

LMFAO... Why are you here then? Roll Eyes 

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4867

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 03:10:35 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2018, 04:59:10 PM by Hueristic

THIS is soo SIG Worthy!

Deleted OT along with reply

Significant falls in the past mean that this can happen in the future on a larger scale. And then those 30 corporations that are included in the DJ index can, for example, simply withdraw their shares from the exchange.

I am trying not to waste merits on legendary accounts but you are far too unappreciated in that area since it was added.

POST M0ar! Smiley

TPTB?
Whales accumulating?
Both?

When maximalists start practising what they preach and accept Monero is more Bitcoin than Bitcoin.

That or when cartels apply Monero to their cash<--accross-->borders problem.

QFT, Monero is in line with the initial vision. If you want to go argue that though you better put a hat on! Tongue

Privacy must be by default, or it is not by definition private at all.  If some transactions are private, some not - the 'private' coin transactions are compromised.  Optional privacy compromises fungibility, too.  If some coins are private, some coins are not, then coins are tainted and may be treated differently

And as has been (Proven?) allowing different ring sizes reduces fungability hence Monero's change to static.

LMFAO... Why are you here then? Roll Eyes  

I'm asking myself why he's not on ignore yet, I must be slipping...Again. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 05:10:36 AM

Looks like the trolls are finally out. We may be back in the black by December.
Pages: « 1 ... 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 [1977] 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: