Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:08:04 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which video you like the most for LitecoinDark?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njZCeOibh_Y&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftKAUxwX7TQ&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb8ixDXwqQs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USuLSFUVY7E

Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 406 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LTCD] LitecoinDark.com ★ Scrypt ★ Difficulty Shield ★ Multipool ★ Fast  (Read 368512 times)
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:32:27 AM

Got answer from Genesis mining!

http://gyazo.com/33bdaeac681cfbc811f5c7e669dcd65c

OnetyOne

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:33:12 AM

Im so excited for this coin..

I am just pissed that I dont have any mining hardware to mine it.
I only have rented power.. But that is just making me lose money atm :/

I'm only angry at the fact that the vast majority of the dumped coin has ended up in the very hands of the ones who had nothing to add to this discussion aside from pointless accusations (which have already been debunked), false "news" (again, debunked), and harsh words (with the intent of discrediting those of us the community is looking toward for confidence and stability).  People with no interest in what benefits the community, nor the technology, and only wanted to make a quick buck -- and used the chaos ensuing from a hard fork and unveiling and first public testing of (albeit only slightly) new technology to do so.

There are very few things that really anger me.  Greed is one of them.
All for the quick gains, luckily some holders had steady hands and you jumped in to comment/help on the situation. Seeing this it would be good to have fast-acting PR to counter or minimalize the damage. You're busy enough as it is already but, maybe you could try and speed up the proces of selecting one? Smiley
Mobay

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:38:00 AM

Dev quick question : Will stealth/anon send be implemented on this coin ?? and transaction times seem to vary quite  bit -  wats that all about ??

For the community : If your wallet is stuck on 8 hours  and isnt syncing then access your command prompt and do a -rescan to load the wallet up  .-this should fix it.
TrollByFire

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 10:39:16 AM

Im so excited for this coin..

I am just pissed that I dont have any mining hardware to mine it.
I only have rented power.. But that is just making me lose money atm :/

I'm only angry at the fact that the vast majority of the dumped coin has ended up in the very hands of the ones who had nothing to add to this discussion aside from pointless accusations (which have already been debunked), false "news" (again, debunked), and harsh words (with the intent of discrediting those of us the community is looking toward for confidence and stability).  People with no interest in what benefits the community, nor the technology, and only wanted to make a quick buck -- and used the chaos ensuing from a hard fork and unveiling and first public testing of (albeit only slightly) new technology to do so.

There are very few things that really anger me.  Greed is one of them.
All for the quick gains, luckily some holders had steady hands and you jumped in to comment/help on the situation. Seeing this it would be good to have fast-acting PR to counter or minimalize the damage. You're busy enough as it is already but, maybe you could try and speed up the proces of selecting one? Smiley

From the way I understood it, I think I've been given free reign to select and hire one myself.  I'll have to clairify before I'm certain, but I'm pretty sure.

BTC: 12JYhysrpqnzqhkZ6qRY8At3G14btEwTtF
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:41:14 AM

Its properbly gonna be Xircom Tongue

OnetyOne

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:41:42 AM

Dev quick question : Will stealth/anon send be implemented on this coin ?? and transaction times seem to vary quite  bit -  wats that all about ??
I'm not a dev but Darksend is one of the features mentioned in the whitepaper/roadmap:
http://litecoindark.com/White%20paper%20+%20Road%20map.pdf

There's also a poll where Darksend is a pretty popular vote:
http://www.litecoindark.com/poll
TrollByFire

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 10:43:13 AM

Dev quick question : Will stealth/anon send be implemented on this coin ?? and transaction times seem to vary quite  bit -  wats that all about ??

For the community : If your wallet is stuck on 8 hours  and isnt syncing then access your command prompt and do a -rescan to load the wallet up  .-this should fix it.

Yes.  See the whitepaper.  Also, it won't be hacked into core, it will be modular, and should function on every send.  Not special sends which are selected to be anonymized. (Not actually a word.  I still like it.)

Transaction times are varying because even though block times are still supposed to be ~1 minute, the hash rate is still varying wildly.  As we rely on miners to solve blocks, it requires one to be solved after a large portion of hash rate disappears before it adjusts downward again.  Once everything stabilizes a bit regarding multipools, price variations, etc, it should become more consistent.  If not, we will implement a better solution.

OnetyOne

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:45:26 AM

Thats great man, I hope we make it! According to their site they will do a poll on facebook on a week-to-week basis to check if it's viable, so please if you support LTCD check if the poll shows up and vote for it!

https://www.facebook.com/GenesisMining
litebtc

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:50:08 AM

Wow awesome price recovery. Coin with great potential!!  Smiley
Xircom
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:54:29 AM

Back from a short Meeting.... Troll, hit the sack, you need some sleep :-)

BTC: 1MyJmxS9ER5ZBNvpG3LhoUXGotpzbPowed
CoinStandard

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:57:40 AM

Any thoughts on hiring a Public Relations rep @TrollByFire or @Litecoindark?

Actually, yes.  We've been giving this some serious consideration, and you can likely expect some news regarding this in the next week or two.

Also keep in mind that I was not involved with this project at its inception.  I was working on my own 2nd gen crypto that has not been released, but has been in development for the past 14 months.  (This is why the first major update required a newer compiler than what is required by other altcoins.)  Since joining this team, I've decided to start implementing some of the features that were a part of my original vision into litecoindark.  I feel that seeing something fresh, as opposed to recycled altcoin forks will do a lot to stimulate the crypto economy as a whole, and I feel that you don't need ICO/IPO 100% PoS coins with a foundation to pull it off, nor to do it well.

My bullshit relay has just burnt out. Time for me to leave this coin. Was a nice start-up though, will keep watching...
OnetyOne

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:06:57 AM

Actually, yes.  We've been giving this some serious consideration, and you can likely expect some news regarding this in the next week or two.

Also keep in mind that I was not involved with this project at its inception.  I was working on my own 2nd gen crypto that has not been released, but has been in development for the past 14 months.  (This is why the first major update required a newer compiler than what is required by other altcoins.)  Since joining this team, I've decided to start implementing some of the features that were a part of my original vision into litecoindark.  I feel that seeing something fresh, as opposed to recycled altcoin forks will do a lot to stimulate the crypto economy as a whole, and I feel that you don't need ICO/IPO 100% PoS coins with a foundation to pull it off, nor to do it well.

My bullshit relay has just burnt out. Time for me to leave this coin. Was a nice start-up though, will keep watching...
What a great motivation/eleboration to your comment. Another FUD round starting or maybe some well substantiated words about why? Smiley
MikeMike
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:16:24 AM

Regardless...
Glad I loaded up 3-times on the massive dips.
 Smiley

Xircom
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:23:04 AM

To get back to my post a couple of pages back:

"I know DEV team has a complete game changer up their sleeves that completely blow my mind when I herd about it... We are talking about a completely rebuild of the crypto world as we see it today....
But as I see it they cant release it YET, because it will not only make a storm in crypto world it will completely rebuild it and LTCD is ready for it......"

What the LTCD team code dev has been working on (Troll) the last many months (14) are a game changer in the way crypto is going to be handlet in the future.
We all know its a constant time eater to keep up with updates of wallets, problems with nodes, problems in general with the wallets are 30-40% of all questions asked at BTC forum..
Without knowing too much I can just say, that the wallet problems should be a thing from the parst... but
The main game changer lies within the actual code or should we say "outside" and would make even BTC look like running windows 3.1....
That part has NOT been revealed to me, since the DEV team thinks the coin is still a newborn and could do quite some damage to LTC and BTC as we know it today....its a 2nd-gen coin they have made.
DEV will of course reveal when timing is correct and the community had their inputs and thoughts... A little bump on the road with prices is not enough for this to be announced.....

Damn im so exited that I could piss my pants... i want to know it all as well

Sorry for the last line, it just got to me  Cheesy

TrollByFire

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 11:23:40 AM

No worries.  Just keep an eye on the code, and good luck.

What a great motivation/eleboration to your comment. Another FUD round starting or maybe some well substantiated words about why? Smiley

Who knows? I'm not going to continue wasting time sitting here defending against FUD or basic negative opinions in any case.  That's why we're looking for a PR team.  My job is to code.  If someone doubts my credentials, let them wait to invest.  Follow the code. Go through each commit.  If you still doubt in 6 months, at least you didn't risk anything, good on you.  For everyone else, it's open to public review.  Keep watching the commits as they roll in.  One person's (or a hundred people's) opinions don't bother me in the slightest.  

Talk is cheap, and  everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  Thank you for it.

BitCoin Operated Boy

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:26:05 AM

wtf happend to the price?Huh??
and what is that im reading about a relaunch?
i got 600k @ 24 Sad(

FUD happened.  Also a blockchain fork happened, and a lot of people were mining on an invalid chain.  While I'm not concerned about the price, it bothers me that people that helped get us over that bump at 16300 ended up not getting their fair share of reward.  I have no idea how to solve this problem as it could happen to absolutely any coin, theoretically including Bitcoin itself.  You can be absolutely certain that I will be giving it a good amount of thought and will discuss any possible courses of action with the rest of the team and the community at large.

Also, no-one associated with the LTCD dev team has said anything about a relaunch.  Anything you heard was FUD, please don't spread it.  There is no planned relaunch, and new checkpoints will be added to ensure that this chain sticks.

Oh crap :S I feel really sorry for the guys who mined on invalid chain :S

I am sure you are already working on the fix. Thanks for all the great work
TrollByFire

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 11:29:25 AM

To get back to my post a couple of pages back:

"I know DEV team has a complete game changer up their sleeves that completely blow my mind when I herd about it... We are talking about a completely rebuild of the crypto world as we see it today....
But as I see it they cant release it YET, because it will not only make a storm in crypto world it will completely rebuild it and LTCD is ready for it......"

What the LTCD team code dev has been working on (Troll) the last many months (14) are a game changer in the way crypto is going to be handlet in the future.
We all know its a constant time eater to keep up with updates of wallets, problems with nodes, problems in general with the wallets are 30-40% of all questions asked at BTC forum..
Without knowing too much I can just say, that the wallet problems should be a thing from the parst... but
The main game changer lies within the actual code or should we say "outside" and would make even BTC look like running windows 3.1....
That part has NOT been revealed to me, since the DEV team thinks the coin is still a newborn and could do quite some damage to LTC and BTC as we know it today....its a 2nd-gen coin.
DEV will of course reveal when timing is correct and the community had their inputs and thoughts... A little bump on the road with prices is not enough for this to be announced.....

Damn im so exited that I could piss my pants... i want to know it all as well

Sorry for the last line, it just got to me  Cheesy

What I've spent 14 months working on is a proof of concept 2nd gen.  I had no intentions of ever releasing it.  Like I said, crypto is my hobby.  Basically I'm just designing a method of splitting all of the core functionality out into libraries / modules so that they can be replaced even during runtime, splitting blockchain from wallet, splitting hashing algorithms from the core.  Allowing generic "plug-in" type features via the use of DLL/so modules coded to a specific module standard.  This on its own is nothing special, almost every binary on your system (unless it's statically linked, and even then to some degree unless it's a part of the running kernel or a part of some OS I've never studied in depth) does something similar using shared libraries.  I'm just taking a game development "trick" (plugins and mods) and applying it to a cryptocurrency.

tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:33:29 AM

We've made some "small solution" to our miners, thanks to TrollByFire!
He send us coins equal to 6 blocks.
Those coins will be distributed as follows:
4 blocks will be paid based on % of shares of total invalid blocks mined by past few hours.
other 2+50% of our valid pool fee will also be distributed on the same scheme as a bonus.

We realise that it's not much but in this scenario is the best we can do.

Please keep in mind, this will be done by hand and will take at least few hours.

Thanks again to TrollByFire!

so i got zero coins. 2 ghs and not one coin, not even from the 4 blocks given to the pool LOL!!! 4 blocks for free I had over half of the pool hash and i got nada, should have been like 2400 if there were 4 valid blocks, not to mention the 4 free blocks from the dev (which is cool on his part but as you can see it didnt get used as intended ) 0 fees ? LOL!!!!
TrollByFire

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 11:38:16 AM

4 blocks will be paid based on % of shares of total invalid blocks mined by past few hours.
other 2+50% of our valid pool fee will also be distributed on the same scheme as a bonus.

Please keep in mind, this will be done by hand and will take at least few hours.

so i got zero coins. 2 ghs and not one coin, not even from the 4 blocks given to the pool LOL!!! 4 blocks for free I had over half of the pool hash and i got nada, should have been like 2400 if there were 4 valid blocks, not to mention the 4 free blocks from the dev (which is cool on his part but as you can see it didnt get used as intended ) 0 fees ? LOL!!!!

Every time I see the word scam in this thread, this is all I can think of:

That said, he said it is being done by hand and will take some time.  A lot of people were on that chain.  Please be patient with him.

Xircom
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:38:23 AM

Bye for now.... you will be back.

Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 406 »
  Print  

Jump to: