Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:28:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ryan Pumper: Pumpers Picks (Updated Daily)  (Read 221099 times)
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:06:21 AM

has anyone had any success with the market cap scraping program?

Not sure why people are scraping the market cap from coinmarketcap.com.  You can use the public API for the exchanges to get real time volume etc and thus focus on just the exchanges you primarily trade on.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tex99

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:36:17 AM

Not sure why people are scraping the market cap from coinmarketcap.com.  You can use the public API for the exchanges to get real time volume etc and thus focus on just the exchanges you primarily trade on.

There always seems to be a lag between current exchange prices and those on coinmarketcap.
falala69

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:41:22 AM

i made it in java, but i need more indicators that can show us what coin will go to the moon Cheesy
i need your brain ryan  Lips sealed
gtac01

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:02:27 AM

JBS has had a steady 20+ btc volume for a week and won't drop below 4000 level. By your logic, this coins is due for a rally
benedictlol

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:29:42 AM

JBS has had a steady 20+ btc volume for a week and won't drop below 4000 level. By your logic, this coins is due for a rally

The volume levels look good, stronger in the last 24 hours without much price movement, perhaps you are right. It could be a good buy right now, I'm thinking to set an alert once it gets going and see if I can hop on in time.
Also, 8k blocks to go in the POW phase, currently more than 2/3 the way through, maybe something happens when it finishes? Dev noted that there will be less than the originally intended amount of coins by end of POW.

Just trying to use what I've read here from Ryan. Smiley Do not take me seriously, I could be completely wrong.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:48:20 AM

Xst is holding like a champ ryan... good call on that one.
visual111

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:23:38 AM

picking up volume on bittrex

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

Rookie41

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:47:30 AM

Should we still buy in at this time and wait for the "pump" or is it too late?
hometester

Activity: 423

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:19:31 AM

Is there a IRC chat? I like this community

Freenode #RyanPumpers if there is not one available

Chat soon
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 06:17:22 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2014, 06:40:36 AM by Viper1

Should we still buy in at this time and wait for the "pump" or is it too late?

I think it's an ok time to buy in given all the investors pump & dumpers that are still hyping it. You hear talk of 20k, 30k, 40k, 50k.  My personal feeling is that it could still dump to around 5k before finally climbing steadily. Where it will end up I don't have a clue but wouldn't be surprised if it hits a floor of 20k after a pump much higher.  But hey.  This is Crypto and we all frantically rub our crystal balls in the hopes of making billions.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
RyanPumper (OP)

Activity: 322

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 10:19:44 AM

Nice work today Ryan. On the XST 1 day chart about 20 hours ago until 14 hours ago there was some big volume for an hour followed by about a half BTC vol every 10 minutes with not much of an increase or decrease in price can you explain what you think is happening there?

That sounds like accumulation to me.

so, I knew that LSD wouldn’t dump when the markets opened. I sat back and watched prices shoot up from 20K – to 60K without getting involved (due to the actual volume being so low).

I had picked up on this one I think via someones twitter so I checked it out on c-cex and it started out somewhere around 8k-10k and shot way up.  So last night when it was added to Bittrex, it was over 30k already.  Given it was new with no defined market, I let it slide as I felt it was waaaay over priced and all those that had bought in the opening range would dump like crazy at 4x-5x profit.  So I had setup an alert on a low price and when it went off, I watched it get dumped way down to 10k or so just an hour or two ago.  You got lucky on that one.  lol

The funny thing is that is pure common sense lol. I know for a fact that dozens of people bought in at the top of the market, with no stop orders, and without doing their due diligence, only to watch the price tumble not too long after.

This just goes to show that when the entire community is promoting some flash in the pan coin, you want to be selling. If, in this kind of situation, you aren't in a position to be the seller - then you missed the boat. But this is Crypto.. there certainly isn't a shortage of flash in the pan coins.

Nice trade here. I don’t know what exactly is driving this market. But, it does look quite good. In fact I still have an open position in LTCD as sell resistance is quite thin.

Ok, So I was watching that one for hours yesterday and maybe you can shed some light on what I was watching.  It made it up to about 1800 and after that there seemed to be orchestrated dumping going on. Some buy walls would go up, let the price rise and then they would come down and it would get dumped.  Rinse and repeat.  At one point it was down to around 884.  This made me extremely skittish even though it seemed to sort of stabilize around 1100-1200 with builds to 1300-1400 and then dumps back down.  So today I get up and see I could have doubled my money. What the heck was I watching and were there some signals I missed seeing?

Being patient always pays. I mean, today LSD fell to 3K and shot up to 8K.. which always happens when a coin has momentum.

When there is momentum in a market, prices don't just fall and become stagnant.. they tend to bounce upwards multiple times before withering away completely.

Just imagine if your local supermarket reduced the prices of apples, in error, from 40pence to 5pence. There will be a sharp and unavoidable increase in the sales of apples... Until they correct the price, at which point sales will stall out and return to average levels.

The implication for us traders is that, the smartest people will always buy into a coin when it becomes cheaper - knowing that a correction will occur. This is often the best opportunity to bag exponential gains because once prices return to a "safe level", the most unskilled traders pile in buying all they can (at the top of the market) providing you with substantial gains. Once they realise their mistake, they begin to dump out of the market, obliterating the price and causing this entire process to repeat itself.

Using the strategy you did with LSD will make you a lot of money, so long as you respect the market momentum enough to understand that a decline in price doesn't mean there isn't still room for profit.

I've been in and out of LTCD for the entire afternoon, and got good trades. After a losing streak that i was literally gambling like most traders do, i set back and stoped..

That's the key man, when you find yourself in a losing streak sometimes it's best to take a step back just to analyse where you've been going wrong.

You will benefit from reducing your trading size, using tight risk management controls and only taking the trades where the odds are tilted in your favor.

That way you begin to build up a string of small wins that will compound into larger gains over a period of time.

I hope you get back on track

Rookie41

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 10:46:10 AM

Wouldn't mind getting my feet wet now that I've got some BTC to play with Wink
Been staring at charts for a while now and I'm not getting anywhere.

This is how I analyze for example HAL, (please point me in the right direction if I'm doing it all wrong):

Prices have come down a lot compared to earlier in the week, it's almost down to the price it was nearly 10 days ago.
There's been a lot of "Buys in BTC" and "Buys in HAL", so I'm thinking that people are stocking up, right?
At this point I'm getting excited and I wanna buy some cause it's gonna go up again, right? But I don't, I listen to what Ryan said earlier, don't just buy without a reason.
So I go and look at the HAL page here on Bitcointalk, they had an announcement on the 9th (at which the market price peaked),
nothing new since then ..
So now it looks like the good buy time is gone and prices can go anywhere. No signs of "guaranteed" price increases.
So buying would be a risk and I decide not to.

Let me know where I went wrong and what I need to look for in picking a coin.
I'm not in any place to make 1 big gain and call it quits. I'm a small fish and I'll be doing very small investments till I get the hang of it.

So,
any tips for the day?
I'm refreshing twitter every 5 mins and I'm not seeing any signs of coins that could be good to check out.
rocoro
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:14:50 PM

It does seem like volume is building up recently on this.  

KidKrypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:29:11 PM

It does seem like volume is building up recently on this.  

I agree it has been nice and steady with a slight rise. Maybe this will continue or maybe not but with all the pumpers on it it should go up in the short term imo.

hashbrown9000

Activity: 427

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:52:12 PM

some tips on spotting a rise or even a spike in volume would be useful.  too often i see on bittrex an increase in volume for one or two ticks, then the volume just stops and the price just sits there for a while.

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
gtac01

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 06:15:44 PM

from the VAULT thread

"Sorry to keep you guys waiting for a while. Roadmap coming in the next 48 hours!"

The devs have been quietly accumulating VAULT for cheap and i think they're 99% done since they own the vast majority of them and there are no more dumps. All I know is someone put $20k into this coin 3x above current price and something tells me they're gona get it back.
hashbrown9000

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 09:02:19 PM

cryptrader down?

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
Karn

Activity: 434

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation."

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 09:21:49 PM

cryptrader down?

Yea it's down for me to. It's funny I've only been using it for 2 days now and feel blind without it.

“But it's a poor fellow who can't take his pleasure without asking other people's permission.” ― Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf
hashbrown9000

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 09:25:58 PM

i was all worried b/c i just sent the fee for a month of premium membership, then the site goes down lol!

can you do stop losses, trailing stops and other conditionals?

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
RyanPumper (OP)

Activity: 322

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 10:59:32 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2014, 11:22:19 PM by RyanPumper

13 Sep
Total return: 149%
Coins: LXC, GML, XBOT

LXC

This market had been fluctuating within the 5200 - 5900 level since Monday... a lot of accumulation throughout the week, with no major rally.

Just looking in the order book, you can see some peculiar activity as there is a string of small orders.. someone is obviously pushing and pulling that market to suit an agenda – still room for profit though.

I set up some low bids because if prices fell below or closer to 5K, I wanted to be in – as I had seen an inordinate amount of money flow into LXC over a number of days... That coupled with the ridiculously thin sell resistance made me confident that something was bound to happen.

Last night. My orders triggered and, like I had assumed, the market corrected back to normal levels.. I was in profit throughout the day with the intent to hold until a move occurred. Eventually my price alerts began to sound off as the market started to climb upwards.. so I set my sell orders at a realistic level (most of the sell orders were hidden due to market manipulation – so I didn’t feel comfortable holding out for more profit).

Tip: You always want to buy in above support levels and sell above resistance levels. That way you can adequately asses your downside risk and set realistic sell orders once you are in a position. Never buy into a market blindly, or plan your exit without analyzing market resistance.. that way you can build up a string of conservative wins.. and trade without the fear of cancelling out large wins with even larger losses.

GML

This was just a case of detecting some movement in volume. The order book was void of sell walls.. good buy support and stream of people buying in at market price. I hopped on board and let the momentum carry me to profit. 29% gain.

GML has a good dev, and an interesting community behind it. The market still looks to be in good shape. I have my price alerts set up and will be dipping in again should the opportunity present itself.

XBOT

A lot of Hype surrounding this coin. I noticed the market had started dumping through stacked buy orders  but not penetrating support.. So I bought in at 11k knowing that people will begin to stack their buy orders above support levels, preventing the market from falling below my buying in price.

I knew that if enough buyers came into the market, I could easily double up.. as all of the conditions for a rally were present. Great buy support... Thin sell orders..  etc. The only lacking element was Volume.

A lot of hype started building up about XBOT on the various social networks, and the volume began to trickle in... then pile in... allowing me to exit with an 85% return.

Note: I’ve noticed much more volume coming into the Alt markets this month.. I think there is going to be a lot of opportunity during these coming weeks.

Twtter: @Pumper_Ryan follow for daily picks, and updates.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: