Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:55:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ryan Pumper: Pumpers Picks (Updated Daily)  (Read 221099 times)
RyanPumper (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 12:42:45 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2014, 08:23:58 AM by RyanPumper

1 Oct - 2 Oct
Total return: 109%
Coins: FIBRE, START, CRAIG

Trading larger for higher-probability trades and smaller, or not at all, for lower probability trades could transform a losing strategy into a winning one. The implication then is that instead of risking an equal amount on each trade, more risk should be allocated to higher-confidence trades and less to lower confidence trades.

FIBRE

FIBRE has been trending upwards since late August.. In fact it’s gone up 1200%+ since then and is still trending upwards. (A flick through the FIBRE ANN thread will reveal what exactly to look for when deciding to ‘invest’ and take a long-term position in a coin)...will be interesting to see how far this run can go.

With the recent release of FIBREOS, there has been a steady stream of volume flowing into this market providing opportunity to dip in and scalp some profit.

I saw that the market had been consolidating for a number of days, so I put some price alerts on to bring my attention to any up or downward movement.

There was very little sell resistance, so I assumed that the market would be more likely to break-out than dip and also the general trend of the market had been upwards anyway.

The breakout started on Tues and really began to gather some steam today.

I know that there are a lot of people holding on to their FIBRE as there hasn’t been a significant dumping spree yet – where the price gets hammered downward 50% in a day. (another sign of good long-term performance)

Tip: You don’t have to get in or out of a position all at once. Your trading formula has to be deliberately restrictive because you want to pick only the very best performers. Once your chosen indicators have confirmed that a market is trending upwards, you want to buy in and hold that coin as long as it is performing properly. You can also maximise your profit by dipping in and out and scalping short-term gains whilst your long-term position is still live.

START

START looks good in general. Good volume, active community, some unique marketing methods etc...all the things that combine to draw attention from market participants.

I have been playing the START market for some days now and can see that the volume has been building up incrementally for a while now.

I saw the opportunity to get in for what I assumed to be a quick momentum play, but ended up being in for longer than I had arranged for. However, sell resistance was as low as it needed to be for me to go ahead and place some sell orders in anticipation of a breakout.

Tip: It’s not enough to have good risk management; you also need to have an edge. Having an edge means that you have a method. When asked what is your method, no consistently profitable trader will give a response like “I look at the screen, and if "XCoin" looks good, I’ll buy some.” No consistently profitable trader approaches crypto with a shoot from the hip attitude. You must have a specific methodology and be able to describe your method in explicit step by step terms. So what exactly is your methodology? If you can positively answer that question, then your next question is, “Does your trading method provide an edge?”. If you are unsure about the answer, then it should now be clear why your accumulated losses far outstretch your gains. Traders who pull consistent profits from Crypto are confident that their method provides an edge.

CRAIG

CRAIG has been in a downward slump since Tuesday. What I noticed though was that despite the dumping, more CRAIG was being bought than cashed out for BTC.

This lead me into the assumption that the price wasn’t just going to plummet to nothing in one day.. It was going to be a long and drawn out descent – thus there would be ample opportunity to profit from corrections as the price bounced up and down.

My faith in this market was next to zero, so as soon as my order triggered and I had a live position.. I immediately placed conditional sells in a bid to take advantage of the volatility.

Tip: When I first began trading crypto it was quite apparent to me that people weren’t using any form of a profit plan or strategy as most people I spoke with either couldn’t state the exact amount of BTC they made per month or admitted to going several days without making any money at all. I never understood how people could trade crypto “full – time” yet not pull in consistent revenue.

It was obvious that many traders just throw coins at the market with no specific plan or strategy in place to accrue profit and establish a reliable income stream.

Coming from the world of FX into Crypto Currencies, I brought several tactics along with me to ensure that my BTC holdings increase daily, weekly and monthly. One of the important pieces of my strategy was a simple Profit Plan... This is what I used to expand my BTC holdings.

My whole thing when I started in Crypto was, I wanted to bring in 0.7BTC every day – risking only 2BTC.

Current Prices
2BTC = $746.31
0.7BTC = $262.26

Per day: 0.7BTC ($262.26)
Per week: 4.9BTC ($1,835.82)
Per month: 19.6BTC ($7,393.90)

You may not hit 0.7BTC each day but once you have clearly defined and settled on a target, you will gradually get closer and closer to reaching it each day. When I got into my stride, of course, there were days where I didn’t make exactly 0.7BTC, but pulled in slightly less – or substantially more.. it all depends on what the market is willing to provide.

This profit plan allowed me to know exactly what I was looking for from the market, therefore I wasn’t simply focused on “making money”.. my focus was on achieving a very specific return, thus the trading opportunities that would deliver these returns became much more glaringly obvious than they were before.

There are many ways you can go about netting 0.7BTC daily by risking only 2BTC.

2BTC + 30% = 0.7BTC

All I needed to do was achieve a mere 30% gain on 2BTC daily to pull $7,393 per month from the market.

What with this being the most volatile market in existence and all – 30% per day was and still is a walk in the park and something anyone can achieve with the correct methodology.

Note: BTC is a buy right now. Pay attention to the price and execute your buys at the low points. Oct - Dec will be very interesting.

Twtter: @Pumper_Ryan follow for daily picks, and updates.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CT_Rick

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:15:54 PM

My decision to trade this market was born out of the simple fact that 1. START was in the limelight and has been receiving considerable attention... 2. There was market momentum .. 3. No sell resistance.. 4. The market was moving sideways

could you explain more about this what does it mean when a market is moving sideways?
and what are todays picks?

Moving sideways is when the lows and highs are the same throughout the period.

If you need more info go to investopedia.

This exactly...

A market that is moving sideways isn't in an up or down trend and will exhibit a lot of staggered price action between a tight range. You can also call this consolidation, or the "accumulation phase".. it all refers to the same thing and ends either when prices break-out or plunge downwards.

If I see this sideward movement, in addition to conditions where market momentum is building and there is low/no sell resistance, then it's more likely that the market will break-out rather than fall into decline.

thanks no trades today? and what about picks?
RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:35:16 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2014, 12:45:29 PM by RyanPumper

thanks no trades today? and what about picks?

No problem  Wink

Sorry, I'm currently discussing picks and recondite trading strategies with Private Members only.

But will be posting up some trade analysis tonight, the market has been interesting today. Loads to run through.

RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:15:18 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2014, 02:01:44 PM by RyanPumper

PUMPERS PICKS: Weekly Round-up
Week Beginning: 09/29
Week Ending: 10/05

The following are the gains netted from this weeks Private Picks. The largest return came from XCASH, GLYPH, THC and EXCL.

NEOS provided ample opportunity to get in and scalp some quick returns during the week which is never a bad thing. BBR formed an uptrend this week, so there are still some opportunities to be had in that market.

Members netted gains totalling 1,212% this week. We are already moving on next weeks coins!

Happy trading!

COIN OF THE WEEK

StartCOIN

For the first time the Pumpers Picks Coin of The Week isn't one of our picks. StartCOIN put up a very respectable performance this week. It has been in a very strong uptrend and is being sustained by a good dev / marketing team. Volume has been building all week, but has began to dip during the weekend. There has yet to be a significant dumping period so I'd urge traders to be conscious of this before diving in. Overall, StartCOIN could go on to put up a good long-term performance. Definitely one to watch.

RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:39:02 PM

PUMPERS PICKS: Private Membsership
Week Beginning: 10/06
Week Ending: 10/12

Do you keep buying into coins, only to see the value fall drastically within mere minutes? Are accumulated losses making you feel that you have wasted your time with Crypto? Are you tired of losing out to bots, and showing up late to whale-games only to be dumped on, shattering your capital in the process?

If you have been sailing these waters alone and having your boat tipped over every time a Whale surfaces, then now may be the time to adjust your approach.

Registration for Pumpers Picks is now OPEN

Registration closes Tuesday 10/07 at 6pm EDT. Our members netted a 4,760% gain last month, and as of now are up 1,212% this week.

We are already moving on next weeks coins!

Just send me a Private Message here or a Direct Message on Twitter to sign up.

Happy Trading!

pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 02:41:55 PM

Hi OP, any words on the current XMR downtrend? great time to buy, or is it legit crashing? Personall I love the coin and it's features but you never know what's next with the market.
RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:39:48 PM

Hi OP, any words on the current XMR downtrend? great time to buy, or is it legit crashing? Personall I love the coin and it's features but you never know what's next with the market.

XMR has been trending downward since the start of september... In fact, since then XMR has lost 43% of it's value which is quite gruesome for those that decided not to dump out.

Looking at the current technical situation, the buy side is thin.. with total of only 3.7btc supporting the entire market. However, there isn't actually any significant sell resistance stopping the market from lifting..

going further, there is only 3.5BTC between the current rate of 270K and 339K - which is only a 25% move, but could be a sign of an impending reversal.

RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:47:11 PM

4 Oct - 5 Oct
Total return: 196%
Coins: CLOAK, BITS

Although trading too large is one of the most common reasons why most people in crypto fail, there are times when trading large is justified, and even desirable. The point is not that traders should be willing to take large, aggressive trades, but rather that they should be willing to take larger trades when they have a very high probability trade.

CLOAK

Something that I think is very necessary in crypto is keeping an eye on price points in order to take advantage of momentum before a move actually occurs. A few weeks ago when CLOAK dipped from 20K to 13K, a small rally ensued causing the price to nearly double. The market then fell back into regression as prices began to slump after reaching a high of 24K.

This caused me to look at 13K as a psychologically important price point and I knew that the market would be at 13K again due to the down-trend it was in.

As anticipated, we hit 13K on Friday... and a lot of other people must have been waiting for this as – almost immediately – trading volume began to spike upwards. All of a sudden people were placing buy orders allowing anxious “bag holders” to exit... this then slowly turned into people rushing in and buying though small amounts of sell orders which is always a sign of bullish sentiment.

What was most interesting to me however, was that the market didn’t take off right away as it had done previously. People were more tentative and weren’t buying through sell orders as I had expected... Instead, I noticed that a majority of the orders were being placed on the buy side. Overall, traders were anticipating lower prices.. they were willing to buy, but at a lower rate. This made it clear that 1. A rally was going to occur, 2. The price was going to fall first.

So I followed suit.

I didn’t try to impose my own opinion on the market, I did what the price action was telling me to do.

I put my own buy orders in and waited for the dip... and, with there being so many “bag-holders” in this market I knew that my orders would be dumped into in no time at all.

The confidence I had in executing this trade was due to several factors; 1. The CLOAK market has a congregation of bag-holders who have been starved the opportunity to exit for weeks... 2. The buy orders were fairly close to the current market price and there was at least 13 – 15 BTC worth of orders just sitting there waiting to be dumped on.... 3. Dumping action would substantially boost the CLOAK trading volume, bringing it closer to page 1 on Bittrex where the artificially low price of 9K would be advertised to hundreds of traders = Easy Money.

Tip: Are successful Altcoin traders successful because they are confident or are they confident because they are successful? I believe that both cause and effect directions are true. Certainly, success in trading can lead to confidence, but I also believe that confidence leads to trading success. You need to have a willingness to assess the market and follow through when you feel that you have a high conviction trade. One way to gauge whether you can be successful in Crypto is whether you are confident that you will succeed. If you don’t believe in a trade, then you won’t be willing to see it through till the end.

BITS

Momentum play here... In the absence of sell walls, you are really free to have your way with a market – provided that there is good quality volume coming in to propel your efforts.

What solidified my decision to dive into this market was the fact that I saw a stream of sell orders being filled. My decision was further reinforced due to the healthy trade history that showed that trades were being executed every few minutes – indicating that momentum was building.

I put on a conditional buy order with price alerts as I was only willing to get in if the market dipped a little lower.. as I knew that lower prices would fuel the bullish activity. I was prepared to miss out on this trade if that dip didn’t occur.

My price alerts triggered as the market began to slip, so I moved my order a little higher to ensure entry. With volume on my side, and no sell resistance.. It was just a case of sitting back, placing conditional sell orders and waiting for the market momentum to do the rest.

Tip: Don’t make trading more complicated than it needs to be. Just wait until a trade is so obvious that it’s like picking money up off the floor  - until then, do nothing. Waiting for such ideal opportunities requires the patience to allow a lot of non optimal trades to pass by without participating. I tend to not lose much on my trades because I wait for exactly the right moment. For example, although the Cheetah is the fastest animal in the world and can catch any animal on the plains, it will wait until it is absolutely sure it can catch it’s prey. It may hide in the bush for a week, waiting for just the right moment. Only then, when there is no chance it can lose its prey, does it attack. That to me is the key to successfully trading altcoins.

Note: BTC is a buy right now. Pay attention to the price and execute your buys at the low points. Oct - Dec will be very interesting.

DemocraticRepublicOfDave

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:47:47 AM

Hi all,

Well I'm in for the week.  Grin  I'm quite curious as to how this all works.  Will hopefully pick up some tips.

Cheers

Dave
RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:58:06 AM

5 Oct - 6 Oct
Total return: 129%
Coins: ARCH, START

In Crypto, loyalty to an opinion or position can be disastrous. The absence of loyalty is flexibility – the ability to completely change your opinion when warranted. Personally, I am very open minded. I am willing to take in information that is difficult to accept emotionally. When a market moves counter to my expectations, I’m always able to say to myself “I had hoped to make a lot of money in this position, but it isn’t working, so I’m getting out.” You need to have almost zero emotional attachment to an idea. When a trade is wrong you need to simply cut it, move on, and do something else.

ARCH

When a coins debut on Bittrex is highly anticipated, I tend to pay attention.. Just to watch how the price action plays out over the first few hours. So much can be gotten from just sitting back, and letting market sentiment dictate your trading decisions.

The Market opened up at 53K and was dumped down to 9K within the space of only 10 minutes. The market then went into consolidation.

What drew my attention was the volume that was generated as a result of this negative price action... 110BTC+ to be exact. This put ARCH on the front page of Bittrex which, coupled with the fact that ARCH has been the talk of the town for some days now – could only be a bullish signal.

As expected buy support started to spring up, almost dwarfing the limited resistance on the sell side which made ARCH look like one of the safest bets on Bittrex.

I bought in on the sell side as there was (and still is) plenty of market momentum to turn my position into a profitable one.

Tip: Patience is not only essential in getting into a trade, but also critical in getting out of a trade. Unskilled Crypto traders go broke via large losses, whilst the traders who are skilled seem to have the detrimental trait of repeatedly cashing in only the smallest profits. This is also a sure fire way to go broke. These traders would rather maximise the ‘chance’ of gain rather than the gain itself. This desire to maximise the number of winning trades tends to work against traders by encouraging the premature liquidation of good trades. Essentially, the need to ensure that a trade will end up a winner leads traders to leave a lot of money on the table, thus severely reducing their total gain in order to reduce their winning percentage – a detrimental goal. You have to see the good trades through to the end if you want to pay for the losing trades and still have a good margin of profit. If you don’t stay with your winners, you are not going to be able to pay for the losers.

START

START continues to put up a solid performance. This particular trade further elucidates one of my cardinal rules for Crypto Trading.

You always want to be aware of which coins maintain high volume during the week. Once you have your list – you want to be putting in some buy orders at least 45 – 50% below the current market rate.

If you have been following my posts, then I’m sure you are now fully aware that when high volume markets dip – they ALWAYS rebound, giving you the opportunity for gargantuan profit almost instantly.

I placed this order on Friday whilst START was sailing to new highs.

Gains like this are to be had from several different markets. It all comes down to your willingness to not take the text book trade, to go against the grain and to wait for only the most optimal opportunities to gain maximum reward.

You see, as START was hitting new highs on Friday there had to have been dozens of traders monitoring their screens all day long only to end up buying in at the top and losing out. This is down to a lack of patience and the misguided need to be involved in each and every bull run. I always urge people to realise that markets do not go up forever nor will they be down forever.

Tip: Staring at price charts and orderbooks all day is like having a slot machine on your desk – you will end up feeding it all day long. I tend to use more automated forms of market analysis mixed in with some routine momentum analysis. I really am not interested in intraday market movements as they could only provide a temptation to trade more frequently which will lead to the detriment of optimal performance. The dangers of watching every tick are significant: it can lead to over-trading, and is likely to increase the chances of prematurely liquidating good positions on insignificant but discouraging market moves.

ZPserge

Activity: 382

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 08:41:39 AM

private membership also worth 0.5 BTC? but I do not see any reviews private member that received projections worked...

RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:53:10 AM

Hi all,

Well I'm in for the week.  Grin  I'm quite curious as to how this all works.  Will hopefully pick up some tips.

Cheers

Dave

Picks have just gone out to everyone, Check your messages. Wink

Cheers

louie6925

Activity: 246

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 11:10:54 AM

Several rumours all over the place about a big neos pump! Is this something you're aware of? Never know if it's just bagholders trying to pump or not but from several sources may well be worth a little speculator!!
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:42:50 PM

Nice work Ryan!

I definitely agree with these trades and the strategies behind .

In fact I have been in many with you without even following.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:30:31 AM

Nice work Ryan!

I definitely agree with these trades and the strategies behind .

In fact I have been in many with you without even following.

Thanks,

Indeed.. my method is very stripped down and straight to the point.

I don't use any unnecessary indicators other than volume, and I simply use the order book to assess support and resistance levels - instead of using the charts as most people do.

I've found that the less complicated my strategy is, the easier it is to maintain consistency

RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:33:47 AM

6 Oct
Total return: 100%
Coins: START, SWIFT

The natural human tendency to seek comfort leads people to make decisions that are worse than random in trading. By avoiding coins that are particularly painful to own, unskilled traders end up missing some of the biggest winners. This is a decision made to seek comfort. However, what feels good, is often the wrong thing to do. In the markets, seeking comfort means doing what is emotionally satisfying. The markets don’t pay off for being comfortable.

START

StartCOIN has been one of the more consistent performers over the last few days. The first dumping spree happened on Sunday, and it bounced back with brilliant volume and continued to trend upwards – so not much worries in that department.

Currently it seems to be maintaining a healthy supply of volume that could keep the fire burning for a few more days at the least.

I’ve certaintly enjoyed these waves and will be waiting for another dip to occur. With such high volume, I know that the next dip will be followed by a very profitable correction.

Tip: Because most small profits tend to vanish, people learn the lesson to “cash in profits right away”, which may feel good, but is detrimental over the long run because it will impede the ability to earn large profits on any single trade

SWIFT

Another new coin that managed to build and maintain momentum (an indicator for good short-term performance). The Dev does seem to be competent and there are some updates in the pipeline. So I’d keep an eye on SWIFT

SWIFT has been rallying since Sunday. I decided to dive in when I saw that even though the value had already gained more than 60% since Sunday, more SWIFT was being bought than sold.

Not only that but the sell orders were very insignificant in size thus, low sell resistance.

Volume was creeping higher and higher every 5 – 10 minutes, most of the trading action was happening on the sell side – very bullish, healthy looking trade history – trades were being executed by the minute. Overall, the perfect climate to enter into a trade at the market rate.

Momentum continued to build and still, there isn’t much in the form of resistance on the sell side.

Tip: If given the choice between a sure $3,000 gain or an 80% chance of a $4,000 gain with a 20% chance of not getting anything at all which would you choose?

The natural human tendency would be to pick the sure $3,000 gain..

Now if I reversed the question and gave you the choice between a certain loss of $3,000 or an 80% chance of losing $4,000 with a 20% chance of losing nothing at all which would you pick?

In this case, the natural human tendency will be to gamble and take the 80% chance of a $4000 loss.

This is the quirk that we all have in regard to risk and gain.

We have zero tolerance for risk when it comes to gains, but are risk takers when it comes to avoiding a loss.

This is why most unskilled traders will cut their profits short but let their losses run hoping that the price will bounce back to their original entry. The implication is that to win, you cannot bring normal human habits and tendencies to trading, because you’ll gravitate towards making irrational decisions that will be detrimental to establishing profitability in the market.

RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:20:25 AM

PUMPERS PICKS: Private Membsership
Week Beginning: 10/06
Week Ending: 10/12

Do you keep buying into coins, only to see the value fall drastically within mere minutes? Are accumulated losses making you feel that you have wasted your time with Crypto? Are you tired of losing out to bots, and showing up late to whale-games only to be dumped on, shattering your capital in the process?

If you have been sailing these waters alone and having your boat tipped over every time a Whale surfaces, then now is the time to adjust your approach.

Registration for Pumpers Picks closes tonight at 6pm EDT

Our members netted a 4,760% gain in September, and as of now are up 1,212% one week into October.

We are currently moving on this weeks coins!

Happy Trading!

pandacoin
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:42:04 AM

Our members netted a 4,760% gain in September, and as of now are up 1,212% one week into October.

And you are still not a trillionaire? Lol.
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:55:04 AM

And you are still not a trillionaire? Lol.
Obviously you use 5-20% of your funds in any pump to manage risk. While Ryan doesn't show his funds, I hope he explains this to his group.

With risk management you make only 238% a month if you trade on his numbers. Obviously you might not catch all pumps or fail to exit at an optimum value, reducing your gains by more than half.

So realistically you can double your money every month by hawking at charts and paying 2 BTC to Ryan.
RyanPumper (OP)

PumpersPicks.com

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 12:48:30 PM

07 Oct - 08 Oct
Total return: 216%
Coins: SWIFT, MAX

When trading, I tend to let the market dictate my trading decisions. I also believe in following a strict set of rules, but not in the same way everyone else does. The people who struggle in Crypto may have great rules that work, but then stop working. Yet, they stick to those rules because they used to work, and they are quite annoyed that they are now losing even though they are still doing what they used to do. They don’t realise that the market has moved on without them. Traders who are successful over the long run adapt.

SWIFT

I posted yesterday that my decision to get into SWIFT on Monday was due to the fact that SWIFT is a brand new coin that has managed to build and maintain momentum over several days. I also stated that this one fact is a good indicator for good short-term performance.

This particular trade was a simple momentum play.

Again this market has been in an uptrend since Sunday, so when I saw prices dip then recover – with greater volume – I made a directional call that didn’t take much intelligence to figure out. In addition to this, sell resistance was an absolute myth and when compared with the amount of volume that was building it was obvious the market was going to advance even higher in price.

So I entered the market via the sell side, as I believed that a continuation of the uptrend was a much more likely scenario than a plunge in price – just due to the technical factors stated above.

SWIFT has been rallying for four days in a row now and finally sell resistance has began to build – so I’d be putting in those low bids.

Tip: You don’t have to get into or out of a position all at once. Most traders tend to pick a single entry and exit price. This may work for the more advanced traders, but you will often find that it is better to scale into and out of positions. Let’s say you have a strong conviction that a particular coin will move higher in price, but prices have just had a significant upswing. You are concerned that if you buy now and there is a correction, the initial loss may force you out of the market – even if you are right about the overall trend/direction. Conversely, if the trade is really good, there is a substantial chance that waiting for a pullback will result in missing the entire move. So, what if you simply scaled in instead of jumping in head first?. This method will ensure that you have at least a partial position if the market keeps going, without assuming the implied risk of buying the entire position after a substantial advance. By reducing your average entry price, it will also reduce the chances of abandoning a good trade prematurely due to an initial loss from entry.

MAX

Another entry via the sell side. I had noticed the market had dipped from 4K to 3K and then down to 2K within four hours.... the market then rebounded from 2K back to 4K within only 30minutes – which is a very good indicator of strength.

I have said in an earlier post that my trading edge comes from the fact that most traders will buy through a 0.014btc sized sell order, some will happily knock down a 0.2btc sized sell order.. but very few will buy a 1btc+ sell order in a market that isn’t actively rallying. For me, I asses the entire situation before making a buying decision. If I “look beyond the wall” and can see that a 50%+ gain is only a few btc away – then there is nothing that will stop me from buying through that 1btc sell order. Moral of the story: Look beyond the wall.

As soon as the wall came down, a stream of orders were being filled on the sell side – which is the ideal situation when you’re looking for a market  to build momentum and provide a profitable exit.

Some traders began to dump out – (I’m sure they are quite regretful today) – which put a little downward pressure on the market, but really only served to inflate the Trading Volume and put MAXCOIN on page 1 of Bitrrex where hundreds of traders would be alerted to the price action and swarm in – driving prices higher.

From this point and onwards I was certain that my sell orders were going to be bought through because the volume was now spiking upwards by $1000 every 10 – 20 mins.

Overall, a very rewarding momentum play.

Tip: The Scale-down method can also be applied to getting out of a position. Assume you are in an active position with a large gain and are concerned about surrendering those profits. If you get out of the entire position and the rally continues, you can miss out on a substantial portion of the total move. If, however, you hold onto the entire position and the market reverses, you can end up giving back a large portion of the gain. As a remedy for this, scaling out of the position will ensure that you still have a partial position if the move continues, and will reduce the risk of a surrender of profit if the market goes into freefall.

Avoid the temptation of wanting to be completely right by shunning all or nothing decisions and instead scaling in and scaling out of positions.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: