Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:06:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NoirShares UPDATE REQUIRED Advanced Features✔, Unique PoW✔  (Read 69912 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 12:11:24 PM

When everything is ready, it would be good to post a guide with the link to download the new wallet and how to get the new NRS

I'm hoping some members of the community will step up and help. Right now my entire focus is on the actual wallet so i dont get time to do the stuff that requires human readable language (not too good at it myself).

I think i'll post bounties for that too.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mario241077
Legendary

Activity: 1302

ORB has a good chance to grow.

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 01:55:35 PM

When everything is ready, it would be good to post a guide with the link to download the new wallet and how to get the new NRS

I'm hoping some members of the community will step up and help. Right now my entire focus is on the actual wallet so i dont get time to do the stuff that requires human readable language (not too good at it myself).

is to test a wallet ready?

Are you a part of the ORB Community or want to be it, then gives your vote! here!! One of the first 30 currencys in the World is Orbitcoin DEV Forum - don't forget free ORB's are here ORB Faucet, tell your friend's - With PoW (without Asic's)/PoS Hybrid-System everyone can mine ORB with general purpose pc-hardware. The PoS (Proof of Stake) generation features very low energy consumption. Green Stake over PoS
Mario241077
Legendary

Activity: 1302

ORB has a good chance to grow.

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 01:57:20 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2014, 02:07:40 PM by Mario241077

Thanks for the news Barwizi,

When possible please enlight us about:
- When will exchanges have access over the new blockchain?
- How will the "new NRS" be claimed?

Personal suggestion to change NRS name:
NRS NoirShares -> NSX or NRSX (NoirSharesX)

Exchanges can have it as early as wednesday if we are satisfied with functionality. To claim your NRS simply import your private key.
As for the name changes, i like the idea but NRSX sounds too similar to BTSX.

I'll keep it in mind,

mean time, i'm taking a few hours off. Working IRL + coding at night has me ready to collapse.

I know the feeling. =)

I suggested NoirSharesX because of popularity terms but yes, it should be different from them. More importantly I think it needs just to change. Keeping the same tag and using a different blockchain will open room for schemes...

Besides that.. there is the problem of everyone trying to represent both "NRS" versions everywhere.. example: coinmarketcap, exchanges already with old NRS, faucets, and others. It can always have a "new" word before it.. or a version number, but I think it stands better for a new tag.

we call them but simply NoirBitShares Wink easily
NBS NoirBitShares

or NBSS
NoirBitShareS

or NRBS

NoiRBitShares that's my favorite

Are you a part of the ORB Community or want to be it, then gives your vote! here!! One of the first 30 currencys in the World is Orbitcoin DEV Forum - don't forget free ORB's are here ORB Faucet, tell your friend's - With PoW (without Asic's)/PoS Hybrid-System everyone can mine ORB with general purpose pc-hardware. The PoS (Proof of Stake) generation features very low energy consumption. Green Stake over PoS
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:14:28 PM

is to test a wallet ready?

Source code only
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:16:43 PM

Exchanges can have it as early as wednesday if we are satisfied with functionality. To claim your NRS simply import your private key.
As for the name changes, i like the idea but NRSX sounds too similar to BTSX.

I'll keep it in mind,

mean time, i'm taking a few hours off. Working IRL + coding at night has me ready to collapse.

I know the feeling. =)

I suggested NoirSharesX because of popularity terms but yes, it should be different from them. More importantly I think it needs just to change. Keeping the same tag and using a different blockchain will open room for schemes...

Besides that.. there is the problem of everyone trying to represent both "NRS" versions everywhere.. example: coinmarketcap, exchanges already with old NRS, faucets, and others. It can always have a "new" word before it.. or a version number, but I think it stands better for a new tag.

we call them but simply NoirBitShares Wink easily
NBS NoirBitShares

or NBSS
NoirBitShareS

or NRBS

NoiRBitShares that's my favorite

Interesting,
FamousRocky

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

RTFM ;D

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:26:28 PM

what about the generated NRS after the Snapshot?
actually my wallet created some POF coins  Smiley

should i transfer these coins to cryptsy and sell them? because my balance from the snapshot was already confirmed Grin

dynamicalrange

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 03:46:41 PM

+1

That's bad to kill the old one before the new one has come.
blackxx1977

Activity: 64

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 06:42:13 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2014, 07:02:02 PM by blackxx1977

help me to understand ....
at the moment of snapshot I had 5594 NRS, now if I sell all my NRS, when the new wallet will be available, I will have again the new 5594 NRS simply entering my .dat file or what?
BarTeam

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

HGPUPC addicted!

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 07:15:50 PM

at the moment of snapshot I had 5594 NRS, now if I sell all my NRS, when the new wallet will be available, I will have again the new 5594 NRS simply entering my .dat file?

No.

Imagine 2 lines of trains... as 2 sets of blockchain:
Old  NRS: >=============)Snapshot_read(======================>
New NRS:                                  Snapshot_write(======================>

The wallet you used in "Old NRS" had private keys that will be used also over the "New NRS". So you will only need to do:

1 - Over "Old NRS wallet code": dumpprivkey <NRS_address> for all addresses you had NRS at the time of the snapshot.
2 - Import those private keys over the "New NRS wallet code".

Your total "New NRS" coins will depend on the market value of all NRB and NRS at the time of the snapshot (with some average history).

Some Q/A:
- Can we dump all "Old NRS" over the exchanges?
Yes you could, but remember that the chain is still valid, and someone can take over it and suddenly, value it more.. or not. It depends. There are tons of coins that are still surviving today due to take overs.
- Is it safe to transfer my "Old NRS" coins to any exchange?
Depends, as Barwizi advised, until we have a more mature product, we should take precautions. If possible do not transact big amounts (just for testing purposes if you like) or ask the exchange in advance of transacting about the NRS chain they are following.
blackxx1977

Activity: 64

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 08:30:46 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2014, 08:42:47 PM by blackxx1977

at the moment of snapshot I had 5594 NRS, now if I sell all my NRS, when the new wallet will be available, I will have again the new 5594 NRS simply entering my .dat file?

No.

Imagine 2 lines of trains... as 2 sets of blockchain:
Old  NRS: >=============)Snapshot_read(======================>
New NRS:                                  Snapshot_write(======================>

The wallet you used in "Old NRS" had private keys that will be used also over the "New NRS". So you will only need to do:

1 - Over "Old NRS wallet code": dumpprivkey <NRS_address> for all addresses you had NRS at the time of the snapshot.
2 - Import those private keys over the "New NRS wallet code".

Your total "New NRS" coins will depend on the market value of all NRB and NRS at the time of the snapshot (with some average history).

Some Q/A:
- Can we dump all "Old NRS" over the exchanges?
Yes you could, but remember that the chain is still valid, and someone can take over it and suddenly, value it more.. or not. It depends. There are tons of coins that are still surviving today due to take overs.
- Is it safe to transfer my "Old NRS" coins to any exchange?
Depends, as Barwizi advised, until we have a more mature product, we should take precautions. If possible do not transact big amounts (just for testing purposes if you like) or ask the exchange in advance of transacting about the NRS chain they are following.

Thanks! But what about the "old NRS" gained or lost after snapshot? They will be not calculated because the snapshot fixed my NRS amount on 9/9/2014, right?
BarTeam

Activity: 313

HGPUPC addicted!

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 10:21:29 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2014, 11:27:30 PM by BarTeam

Before the snapshot they were just NRS.

Afterwards, they are "Old NRS" and they value what the community value them (typicaly you can find that value over exchanges).

If you are wondering what would happen to your "Old NRS" coins after the snapshot regarding the "New NRS".. then the answer is.. nothing. They just don't count anymore for the "New NRS". After the snapshot whatever you do over "Old NRS" it stays only over there.

Best regards.
clayop

Activity: 79

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:16:01 AM

Yes i will, but even in the folder you can find the test list it includes most of the corrected balances, only a few more to go, from people who submitted incomplete information

The folder? I cannot find the folder on the github. BTW, I will wait Smiley
snaidervp

Activity: 333

"Raven's Cry"

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 07:45:07 AM

the snapshot should have been taken at the moment the fork was ready to go live.
when all the coding is done, snapshot the addresses again and let all the dihonest ppl out.

yawn
Queeq

Activity: 427

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 07:53:54 AM

the snapshot should have been taken at the moment the fork was ready to go live.
when all the coding is done, snapshot the addresses again and let all the dihonest ppl out.

I think it's pretty likely to happen as there was an issue with incorrect balances for some addresses.
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 05:16:25 PM

I think it's pretty likely to happen as there was an issue with incorrect balances for some addresses.

snaidervp, quite right.

Queeq, the same 3 problem addresses. Fixed them all, except one individual...lol, @ 00:01 9/9/14 someone decided to send their coins to polo....likely to offload what they had bought up. Snapshot accuracy was confirmed later around 04:00 9/9/14.

What do i do with this person? Do i allocate them their balance @ 00:00 or their actual snapshot balance?
Queeq

Activity: 427

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 05:59:11 PM

snaidervp, quite right.

Queeq, the same 3 problem addresses. Fixed them all, except one individual...lol, @ 00:01 9/9/14 someone decided to send their coins to polo....likely to offload what they had bought up. Snapshot accuracy was confirmed later around 04:00 9/9/14.

What do i do with this person? Do i allocate them their balance @ 00:00 or their actual snapshot balance?

Thanks.

From the neutral, simply switching standpoint that's nothing wrong with such behavior (dump once coin is abandoned by the original dev). From the more humanistic standpoint I'd allocate the balance after dump. Though it would contradict the initial announcement which is bad in general, so it must be more correct to stick to original plan.
clayop

Activity: 79

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:09:44 PM

snaidervp, quite right.

Thanks.

From the neutral, simply switching standpoint that's nothing wrong with such behavior (dump once coin is abandoned by the original dev). From the more humanistic standpoint I'd allocate the balance after dump. Though it would contradict the initial announcement which is bad in general, so it must be more correct to stick to original plan.

That would be me. You guys can blame me. But if the dev told me "Do not move your NRS after confirmation" or "Do not sell your NRS after snapshot", I would not move my coins to polo. I just trusted barwizi's plan (snapshot at 0:00 9/9/14) and followed market mechanism as I did with PTS. I'm just curious why snapshot is taken at different time from original announcement...
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:37:44 PM

snaidervp, quite right.

Thanks.

That would be me. You guys can blame me. But if the dev told me "Do not move your NRS after confirmation" or "Do not sell your NRS after snapshot", I would not move my coins to polo. I just trusted barwizi's plan (snapshot at 0:00 9/9/14) and followed market mechanism as I did with PTS. I'm just curious why snapshot is taken at different time from original announcement...

Snapshot wasn't taken at a different time, IMO you jumped the gun a bit. ten minutes wait would have resulted in your balance showing properly. There is always variance in time , few seconds here, few minutes there. I will fix your balance, but i think you could have been a lot more cautious,  and noone ( at least i dont) blame you for what you did.

ekoja

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:49:45 PM

any progress on code?

The old version has died, but the new one has not born yet.
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 07:09:49 PM

any progress on code?

The old version has died, but the new one has not born yet.

The code works, there is source code already. I am trying to build an x64 windows wallet for release right now. Being slowed down by upnp.
If i build it without, i can make the wallet available immediately.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: