Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:37:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NoirShares UPDATE REQUIRED Advanced Features✔, Unique PoW✔  (Read 69912 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Frigga77

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 11:12:43 AM

You've also provided no information about the number of coins that will be taken from this new merged coin and dispersed to shareholders.  I'm assuming that will be the case, so what is that %?

This question has never been answered by the CEO or CMO or which C.O ever, which also gave me the impression GF holders were going to have a stake. Otherwise you could have said he was wrong in assuming this.

You'll note that his comments are deleted without being read.
Yes I also noted that you have been deleting 3 of my posts that were holding vital information about what was said in the former thread. So anyone who wants to know, read the last 10 pages of the former thread and see for yourself.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 11:20:56 AM

You've also provided no information about the number of coins that will be taken from this new merged coin and dispersed to shareholders.  I'm assuming that will be the case, so what is that %?

This question has never been answered by the CEO or CMO or which C.O ever, which also gave me the impression GF holders were going to have a stake. Otherwise you could have said he was wrong in assuming this.

Yes I also noted that you have been deleting 3 of my posts that were holding vital information about what was said in the former thread. So anyone who wants to know, read the last 10 pages of the former thread and see for yourself.

I deleted your posts because you were spamming, you asked a question, and instead of waiting for an answer began pouring posts here with abundant use of large text and red color.

I have no problem answering your questions, which i believe i have already done. However, you at least made it a point to may these were your interpretations and you even quoted an assumption made by Koontas.

Let me ask you this...does it make sense for me to allocate you NRS off the direct codebase and not from the DAC integrated into NRS?

Would you be asking for a share in NRS codebase if it was not a merge?
Frigga77

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 11:26:22 AM

Quote from: Barwizi
Re: [NRS|NoirShares] POW ENDING at 50k | DACs | MANDATORY WALLET UPDATE 6/23/2014
August 31, 2014, 01:22:22 PM

Quote from: Mario241077 on August 31, 2014, 10:28:10 AM
I've understood correctly ??  GF Share remain separate from NRS ??
That do you mean on top?

what is a sharedrop?

if more people vote that we start a new chain altogether, leaving NRS as basic sharebase, then sharedrop for the average NRS holder is exactly their holdings. For a GF shareholder it it their holdings + a % representing their stake in the company. Newcomers can become GF shareholders by buying shares from holders. My understanding  is that user lajz99 and Lemon and Fries are looking to offload their shares.

lajz99 aka Koontas holds     0.0234 that is 2.34% of the general fund

Lemon and fries holds       0.0060 that is 0.6 % of the general fund.

You are free to contact them and negotiate prices. Be sure to use escrow  if you chose to transact with anyone on this forum.

This also gave me the impression GF shareholders would get a stake in the new blockchain.

I can go on quoting, found another one also, so my question is:

Why do GF holders not have a stake in the new blockchain while you have given the impression they would? And how are you going to compensate them?

They do not because the codebase is different and it is a merger, NOT a NEW DAC. They get 80% of proceeds from the lotto, that is how it will be rather than continuous offering of shares that cannot be interchanges easily. The ideas i had were either bad or just did not make sense when put into practice.

I think you should wait until the software is full deployed, then we can see which interpretations are correct or wrong.

You have not commented on whether your balance is correct (assuming you were still holding NRS or NRB), so i take t you have not tried the wallet. How then will you dividends reach you if you dont even know if the wallet works ?

I am currently only GF holder. I do not own NRS or NRB for quite some time now (since July). I have tried the wallet. Must say it is a good copy of Cinnicoin (because I know you did copy Cinnicoin). I have tried to play lotto with a few coins I just mined. Does not work. I know why, because the whole lotto part is not even active yet. So how am I supposed to get profit from it? I have clicked on the voting part but see it only refers to the website, but not even something remotely seems to be working on that account. I don't know if the import works, because I have nothing to import. If import works, than that is the only thing that is different from Cinnicoin, which would be good, but not nearly what you have promised.
Frigga77

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 11:41:54 AM

I deleted your posts because you were spamming, you asked a question, and instead of waiting for an answer began pouring posts here with abundant use of large text and red color.

I have no problem answering your questions, which i believe i have already done. However, you at least made it a point to may these were your interpretations and you even quoted an assumption made by Koontas.

Let me ask you this...does it make sense for me to allocate you NRS off the direct codebase and not from the DAC integrated into NRS?

You seem not to get the point but let me spell it out: You have given the impression that GF holders would have a share in the new blockchain. So that is what they, or at least I, expected.
GF holders have been giving their money to you when NRS was still nothing. They have done so because they believed in NRS and in order to benefit. They have had almost no benefit whatsoever since (I have had some NRS, maybe 150 or so or less for the 0.26 BTC I invested, which at that time were worth around 0.0002 BTC each). The money we invested we cannot use to buy the new NRS! It is not liquid! We got nothing for our support, and are said to wait. We wait, we wait, we wait. We are still waiting. How long? A day? A week? A month? A year? At least you could have done something to compensate for the long waiting. But instead you consider the NRS and NRB holders more important than the GF holders, who are just as important!
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 11:48:56 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2014, 12:00:39 PM by barwizi

Quote from: Barwizi
Re: [NRS|NoirShares] POW ENDING at 50k | DACs | MANDATORY WALLET UPDATE 6/23/2014
August 31, 2014, 01:22:22 PM

Quote from: Mario241077 on August 31, 2014, 10:28:10 AM
I've understood correctly ??  GF Share remain separate from NRS ??
That do you mean on top?

what is a sharedrop?

if more people vote that we start a new chain altogether, leaving NRS as basic sharebase, then sharedrop for the average NRS holder is exactly their holdings. For a GF shareholder it it their holdings + a % representing their stake in the company. Newcomers can become GF shareholders by buying shares from holders. My understanding  is that user lajz99 and Lemon and Fries are looking to offload their shares.

lajz99 aka Koontas holds     0.0234 that is 2.34% of the general fund

Lemon and fries holds       0.0060 that is 0.6 % of the general fund.

You are free to contact them and negotiate prices. Be sure to use escrow  if you chose to transact with anyone on this forum.

This also gave me the impression GF shareholders would get a stake in the new blockchain.

I can go on quoting, found another one also, so my question is:

Why do GF holders not have a stake in the new blockchain while you have given the impression they would? And how are you going to compensate them?

They do not because the codebase is different and it is a merger, NOT a NEW DAC. They get 80% of proceeds from the lotto, that is how it will be rather than continuous offering of shares that cannot be interchanges easily. The ideas i had were either bad or just did not make sense when put into practice.

I think you should wait until the software is full deployed, then we can see which interpretations are correct or wrong.

You have not commented on whether your balance is correct (assuming you were still holding NRS or NRB), so i take t you have not tried the wallet. How then will you dividends reach you if you dont even know if the wallet works ?

I am currently only GF holder. I do not own NRS or NRB for quite some time now (since July). I have tried the wallet. Must say it is a good copy of Cinnicoin (because I know you did copy Cinnicoin). I have tried to play lotto with a few coins I just mined. Does not work. I know why, because the whole lotto part is not even active yet. So how am I supposed to get profit from it? I have clicked on the voting part but see it only refers to the website, but not even something remotely seems to be working on that account. I don't know if the import works, because I have nothing to import. If import works, than that is the only thing that is different from Cinnicoin, which would be good, but not nearly what you have promised.

One more person like you and i will quit this project here and now.

it is ALPHA  for a reason

I am tired, this is starting to get ridiculous. If you have the super powers to do everything all at once, please share them or else give me some space to work, if you have complaints put them on github, and be specific. Any complaint that doesn't state specifics will just be ignored.

Do you realize that in your statement you just asked me to be 1) dev of the wallet, 2) dev of the website 3) tech support ?

Just what do you think i am made of? Frankly it's this attitude that's been causing the abandoning of projects, people simply get tired and frustrated by the constant bombardment without any construct to it.

So the lotto is not working for you...ok, what part of it?, oh but you already know since the lotto is not activated, so since you already have your own answer, i wont bother with that part for you. Oh, you clicked on voting? who is the candidate you are voting for?

Coding is not like waving a magic wand, worse is debugging. there were problems with linux users simply because i comemnted out a line to build for windows and forgot to uncomment it afterwards. There were problems with the grant system which caused a chain freeze , because it was reading the prefix wrong.

There was a soft fork when a someone tried to modify the genesis balances included in the wallet, these are the issues that make software ALPHA so GF shareholder need to keep their panties on until I say that the code is now in production mode, else, i will have to re-initialize the chain every single time there is a problem, which would be unfair to those who are mining now and helping me analyze all the problems.
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 11:55:48 AM

You seem not to get the point but let me spell it out: You have given the impression that GF holders would have a share in the new blockchain. So that is what they, or at least I, expected.
GF holders have been giving their money to you when NRS was still nothing. They have done so because they believed in NRS and in order to benefit. They have had almost no benefit whatsoever since (I have had some NRS, maybe 150 or so or less for the 0.26 BTC I invested, which at that time were worth around 0.0002 BTC each). The money we invested we cannot use to buy the new NRS! It is not liquid! We got nothing for our support, and are said to wait. We wait, we wait, we wait. We are still waiting. How long? A day? A week? A month? A year? At least you could have done something to compensate for the long waiting. But instead you consider the NRS and NRB holders more important than the GF holders, who are just as important!

That's all you had to say and sorry, but you do have to wait a bit longer sir, we are currently rolling out the New NRS and are dealing with software issues during the alpha version. Once this is complete, you will begin receiving regular independent payouts.
Frigga77

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 12:05:05 PM

I will refrain from cluttering this thread, but I am angry, and with reason. I will try to take a break and see if I can be more objective after the weekend. But please consider my points, because they ARE valid.
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 12:10:25 PM

I will refrain from cluttering this thread, but I am angry, and with reason. I will try to take a break and see if I can be more objective after the weekend. But please consider my points, because they ARE valid.

We both are angry, i'm sorry. Lucky you, you can take a break at least. I cant get anything else done until i figure out how to adapt the current checkpointing system, fix some part of the GUI and then come up with a secure way (tamper proof) that pays out to GF shareholders.

This is excluding the bug list i already have. If you can , please leave your wallet online mining with two threads, then post the debug after a few hours. I need to make sure of something.
jchpaik

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 12:43:43 PM

It sounds like you are looking for some sort of guarantee.  

It seems as if you want to be sure every investor will be contacted personally, in their own language, fully explained everything, and given enough time for them to decide what they want to do on an individual basis.

Sorry, life doesn't work that way.

NRS puts out its public information (in english, as always). People bought their shares at their own risk knowing that fact.

If the Chinese community wants their information in Chinese, they can find the best translator that they trust to put up their own website, or create their own forum and talk about it there if they want.

This could be a good opportunity for a Chinese/English speaking person to get a website going (with advertisements, etc) and at the same time, providing a service to the chinese speaking community.

What if some person spoke Eskimo and is complaining they didn't know about the snapshot? Are we saying that all information should be sent to the North Pole for Eskimos too, because one person complained that when they bought NRS they didn't know the announcements wouldn't also be translated to Eskimo?

I know the Chinese community is much bigger than Eskimos.  But that only reinforces the idea that maybe a Chinese person could volunteer or even charge for their service to send out a private chinese announcement newsletter to subscribers.

This is where the community can get involved.  Barwizi is the developer of the technology. How people decide to invest their money is their risk.  There are no guarantees of anything.

(If someone has a guarantee, please show one that says all announcements will be sent in Chinese. I did not see one)

If this problem isn't solved. People will always attack NRS on this issue

People will always find reasons to attack NRS.  People will always find reasons to attack Bitcoin, Litecoin, Peercoin, and any other coin.  This is the normal thing to do:

1A. Invest in something

2A. Something happens that you do not like, and you lose money for any reason

3A. Attack the coin

What people do not realize is that it should work like this instead:

1B. Learn about what you are about to invest in

2B. Expect to lose your money, but also a chance to earn a profit too

3B. If something happens that you do not like, LEARN FROM IT

4B. After learning in step 3, try again and go back to step 1. You will have a greater chance of success.

But instead, we have hundreds of trolls on bitcointalk that like to blame everyone but themselves and are stuck at 3A instead, which wastes time. They learn nothing, and just complain, complain, complain.   These people will always get tricked out of their money because they cannot see their own mistakes.  They blame everyone but themselves.

You said it yourself:

not all investors spend their days on the forum when forum keeps changing its thread with bunch of trolls saying "NRS is a scam."

Yes, I know. It wasn't fun to read, and I had to spend a lot of time passing by those troll posts.  But you know what? The time I spent doing that rewarded me with knowing the snapshot was going to occur.  So I did not lose my investment.

You, or people you know said "not all their says spend their days on the forum" because they did not like seeing the NRS scam posts.  Well they had two choices:

1) get out of the investment

2) Find someone else who can read the forum to protect their investment.

OH, I see, you did this one:

3) Wait until something happens and complain "hey! I don't want to spend their days reading the forum. I believe the dev will figure this out very well."

Well..  The dev is not your babysitter.  Sorry to be so rude. But people really need to start hearing the truth at this point.

NO ONE is going to hold your hand in your investments.  It is 100% your choice to either BUY or SELL.

I am not saying every developments and announcements should have been in every languages. I am saying that trading should have been blocked before the snapshot. I know it takes time for exchanges to respond, but it had to happen.

Exchanges announce when coins have wallet issues, deposit issues or when they kick the coins out. Most of investors look at the exchanges, not the forum.
Why are there still buy orders and trading volume in exchanges? Are you saying they are fully acknowledging the development but still are investing? Why let uninformed investors waste their money on dead coins? They have no idea what's going on! It is not just logical to me that you can just announce things on this forum and assume that everybody would know. Does noirshares website mention anything about snapshot? Is noirbittalk.org working? No

and your comments "People will always find reasons to attack NRS.  People will always find reasons to attack Bitcoin, Litecoin, Peercoin, and any other coin."
This is just wrong. If there was an issue, the issue has to be solved in mature, transparent manner. I'm not talking about those NRS trolls that are trolling because they lost money due to price dropped. I'm talking about people who didn't even realize their shares are destroyed completely.

And you said "Expect to lose your money, but also a chance to earn a profit too" " It is 100% your choice to either BUY or SELL."
Very true statement, but this doesn't apply here. It applies when NRS is on the market where people can bet on the future of NRS. It is 100% up to investors. but it doesn't apply when the shares are simply deleted by the development. Investors may assume that they might lose money by market not appreciating the value, but selected people's shares in their wallet are not supposed to be gone over night. If you are expecting every investors to go on the forum and read everything, and if that qualifies investors, NRS is not going to get big. Heavy investors with big cash in other alcoins or bitcoin 2.0 don't have to go on the forum and check everything out. They invest in coins that have intrinsic, technological values as a long term investment.

I'm not trying to talk bad about NRS. I have been investing since april quite a bit, and still a believer. I'm just pointing out the issue that might be a big problem in the future.

I'd like to point out that a developer does not control an exchange and its policies. My duty in that regard was to warn people here on the forum where i first made them aware of the software that there would be changes. After that i warned the exchanges, many times over and spoke with their personnel, after that there is little i can do.

I have looked at your issue and it will be addressed if the exchanges cooperate , however do not attempt to blame me over the issue. First and foremost I made as many people as possible aware of this and it has been going on for more than three weeks. And while most decent people do not spend their entire day on the forum, a simple weekly check on your investment would have showed you there were changes.

We live in a global world, and you are right, there should have been translations done , however the question becomes "done by whom?". I have always called on community members to participate and help with such issues with little or no response at all, as such there is little i can effect in that regard. Since you seem clearly invested and wish for there to be translations, would you like to lead by example?

I long ago asked for a Chinese translator since i intended to have a completely Chinese version of the wallet, NOONE responded to that. How then shall we proceed, am i to take classes in every language? And while i start working on language skills, Marketing and tech support....who will do the actual development?

I think it's unfair that you did not get the information on time and do not blame you, neither should you blame me, the situation will be addressed, but a realistic look at what i can control and cannot effect is required for us to find viable solutions. I value all of you and as a result i try to do things that are beneficial to the group, but I am only one man, and with our COO tied up trying to wade through the mess the last group of officers left, it leaves me little wiggle room and the work just piles up.  

I just wished that it would've been more helpful if we waited longer until the exchanges respond and trading stopped before the snapshot, which would have led investors to find out why. Or at least noirds.com should've mentioned something.

I just expressed my concern about the this issue. I know how stressful coding is and I know you're doing your best Smiley

barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 12:59:32 PM

It sounds like you are looking for some sort of guarantee.  

It seems as if you want to be sure every investor will be contacted personally, in their own language, fully explained everything, and given enough time for them to decide what they want to do on an individual basis.

Sorry, life doesn't work that way.

NRS puts out its public information (in english, as always). People bought their shares at their own risk knowing that fact.

If the Chinese community wants their information in Chinese, they can find the best translator that they trust to put up their own website, or create their own forum and talk about it there if they want.

This could be a good opportunity for a Chinese/English speaking person to get a website going (with advertisements, etc) and at the same time, providing a service to the chinese speaking community.

What if some person spoke Eskimo and is complaining they didn't know about the snapshot? Are we saying that all information should be sent to the North Pole for Eskimos too, because one person complained that when they bought NRS they didn't know the announcements wouldn't also be translated to Eskimo?

I know the Chinese community is much bigger than Eskimos.  But that only reinforces the idea that maybe a Chinese person could volunteer or even charge for their service to send out a private chinese announcement newsletter to subscribers.

This is where the community can get involved.  Barwizi is the developer of the technology. How people decide to invest their money is their risk.  There are no guarantees of anything.

(If someone has a guarantee, please show one that says all announcements will be sent in Chinese. I did not see one)

If this problem isn't solved. People will always attack NRS on this issue

People will always find reasons to attack NRS.  People will always find reasons to attack Bitcoin, Litecoin, Peercoin, and any other coin.  This is the normal thing to do:

1A. Invest in something

2A. Something happens that you do not like, and you lose money for any reason

3A. Attack the coin

What people do not realize is that it should work like this instead:

1B. Learn about what you are about to invest in

2B. Expect to lose your money, but also a chance to earn a profit too

3B. If something happens that you do not like, LEARN FROM IT

4B. After learning in step 3, try again and go back to step 1. You will have a greater chance of success.

But instead, we have hundreds of trolls on bitcointalk that like to blame everyone but themselves and are stuck at 3A instead, which wastes time. They learn nothing, and just complain, complain, complain.   These people will always get tricked out of their money because they cannot see their own mistakes.  They blame everyone but themselves.

You said it yourself:

not all investors spend their days on the forum when forum keeps changing its thread with bunch of trolls saying "NRS is a scam."

Yes, I know. It wasn't fun to read, and I had to spend a lot of time passing by those troll posts.  But you know what? The time I spent doing that rewarded me with knowing the snapshot was going to occur.  So I did not lose my investment.

You, or people you know said "not all their says spend their days on the forum" because they did not like seeing the NRS scam posts.  Well they had two choices:

1) get out of the investment

2) Find someone else who can read the forum to protect their investment.

OH, I see, you did this one:

3) Wait until something happens and complain "hey! I don't want to spend their days reading the forum. I believe the dev will figure this out very well."

Well..  The dev is not your babysitter.  Sorry to be so rude. But people really need to start hearing the truth at this point.

NO ONE is going to hold your hand in your investments.  It is 100% your choice to either BUY or SELL.

I am not saying every developments and announcements should have been in every languages. I am saying that trading should have been blocked before the snapshot. I know it takes time for exchanges to respond, but it had to happen.

Exchanges announce when coins have wallet issues, deposit issues or when they kick the coins out. Most of investors look at the exchanges, not the forum.
Why are there still buy orders and trading volume in exchanges? Are you saying they are fully acknowledging the development but still are investing? Why let uninformed investors waste their money on dead coins? They have no idea what's going on! It is not just logical to me that you can just announce things on this forum and assume that everybody would know. Does noirshares website mention anything about snapshot? Is noirbittalk.org working? No

and your comments "People will always find reasons to attack NRS.  People will always find reasons to attack Bitcoin, Litecoin, Peercoin, and any other coin."
This is just wrong. If there was an issue, the issue has to be solved in mature, transparent manner. I'm not talking about those NRS trolls that are trolling because they lost money due to price dropped. I'm talking about people who didn't even realize their shares are destroyed completely.

And you said "Expect to lose your money, but also a chance to earn a profit too" " It is 100% your choice to either BUY or SELL."
Very true statement, but this doesn't apply here. It applies when NRS is on the market where people can bet on the future of NRS. It is 100% up to investors. but it doesn't apply when the shares are simply deleted by the development. Investors may assume that they might lose money by market not appreciating the value, but selected people's shares in their wallet are not supposed to be gone over night. If you are expecting every investors to go on the forum and read everything, and if that qualifies investors, NRS is not going to get big. Heavy investors with big cash in other alcoins or bitcoin 2.0 don't have to go on the forum and check everything out. They invest in coins that have intrinsic, technological values as a long term investment.

I'm not trying to talk bad about NRS. I have been investing since april quite a bit, and still a believer. I'm just pointing out the issue that might be a big problem in the future.

I'd like to point out that a developer does not control an exchange and its policies. My duty in that regard was to warn people here on the forum where i first made them aware of the software that there would be changes. After that i warned the exchanges, many times over and spoke with their personnel, after that there is little i can do.

I have looked at your issue and it will be addressed if the exchanges cooperate , however do not attempt to blame me over the issue. First and foremost I made as many people as possible aware of this and it has been going on for more than three weeks. And while most decent people do not spend their entire day on the forum, a simple weekly check on your investment would have showed you there were changes.

We live in a global world, and you are right, there should have been translations done , however the question becomes "done by whom?". I have always called on community members to participate and help with such issues with little or no response at all, as such there is little i can effect in that regard. Since you seem clearly invested and wish for there to be translations, would you like to lead by example?

I long ago asked for a Chinese translator since i intended to have a completely Chinese version of the wallet, NOONE responded to that. How then shall we proceed, am i to take classes in every language? And while i start working on language skills, Marketing and tech support....who will do the actual development?

I think it's unfair that you did not get the information on time and do not blame you, neither should you blame me, the situation will be addressed, but a realistic look at what i can control and cannot effect is required for us to find viable solutions. I value all of you and as a result i try to do things that are beneficial to the group, but I am only one man, and with our COO tied up trying to wade through the mess the last group of officers left, it leaves me little wiggle room and the work just piles up.  

I just wished that it would've been more helpful if we waited longer until the exchanges respond and trading stopped before the snapshot, which would have led investors to find out why. Or at least noirds.com should've mentioned something.

I just expressed my concern about the this issue. I know how stressful coding is and I know you're doing your best Smiley

I hope you will stick around, you can even help us with the restructuring.

Thanks for understanding and giving me some space.

Everything takes a bit longer than expected because i work alone, please be patient just a bit longer.

toldy

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 02:45:46 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2014, 03:00:23 PM by toldy

I am tired, this is starting to get ridiculous.

Barwizi, you're under a lot of stress and pressure development wise.  Don't go in circles with any one during this sensitive period. It's not worth it.

People knew they were investing in something yet-to-be-created. Something unproven. It may not work as planned. They have absolutely NO RIGHT whatsoever to demand things of an experimental technology.  They don't.

When I learned of the GF fund, I purposely did not invest, because I knew what it represented.  It was not definitive about what was going to happen and my investments were scarce enough that I didn't want to blindly take the plunge on a hope and a prayer.

Well some GF investors did exactly that, they simply got excited and threw their money into the pot hoping that while everyone else was doing it, it might yield something.

Now listen how stupid they sound, I quote:

We wait, we wait, we wait. We are still waiting. How long? A day? A week? A month? A year? At least you could have done something to compensate for the long waiting.

Long waiting?  Are you kidding me? NRS was announced around Feb 2014. It is still in its first year of development.  Most new businesses lose money the first year or two of start up.

Want to know why you're waiting even longer?  It's the tragedy of the commons problem (wikipedia)

Tragedy of the commons: It refers to individual behavior based on one's self-interest being contrary to the whole group's long-term best interests by depleting common resources

Here the common resources is Barwizi's energy, devotion, time to produce and develop things that can yield profits to all of the backers of NRS 2.0 and it's entire future.

Quite simply, barwizi spends more time going in circles with people in the forums than he does keeping his mind straight while coding, so everything takes longer.

So the very people demanding answers, are the very people that have actually caused Barwizi to threaten abandoning the project. How stupid is that?  BACK OFF and let him do his thing!  He's right in the middle of hard work.

If you would all just back right off, he'll get it done.   Give him the benefit of the doubt just awhile longer.

Note to barwizi, while we all love hearing from you directly, you are not the person that needs to go around in circles here with this stuff. Appoint a public relations person, and leave that type of circular debating to someone else.  You cannot burn the candle at both ends. It will lead to unneeded frustration and detract from development which you are really needed to focus on here.

These GF holders and other NRS investors have no idea that instead of seeing the yields and corrections they want, they are actually the exact same people that might be hurting their own investment, maybe even permanently by doing this..

Barwizi is fully aware of the issues. That's all you have to do is simply this:

1) On the forum, explain your issue, barwizi and other officers will read it, and take it into account

LEAVE BARWIZI ALONE TO HELP FINISH DEVELOPMENT (he's in alpha for crying out loud. There's plenty to work on)

He's already stated that he has full intentions on doing things that should be suitable to some of the complaints received here. But very few of him are giving him opportunities to address things while he's in alpha

The faster you all give him time to get NRS 2.0 operating properly, is the more chance you have of seeing this curve in your favor.

New venture: Your data in an real underground bunker. Interesting. http://tinyurl.com/msm8t3u
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 03:12:20 PM

I am tired, this is starting to get ridiculous.

Barwizi, you're under a lot of stress and pressure development wise.  Don't go in circles with any one during this sensitive period. It's not worth it.

People knew they were investing in something yet-to-be-created. Something unproven. It may not work as planned. They have absolutely NO RIGHT whatsoever to demand things of an experimental technology.  They don't.

When I learned of the GF fund, I purposely did not invest, because I knew what it represented.  It was not definitive about what was going to happen and my investments were scarce enough that I didn't want to blindly take the plunge on a hope and a prayer.

Well some GF investors did exactly that, they simply got excited and threw their money into the pot hoping that while everyone else was doing it, it might yield something.

We wait, we wait, we wait. We are still waiting. How long? A day? A week? A month? A year? At least you could have done something to compensate for the long waiting.

Long waiting?  Are you kidding me? NRS was announced around Feb 2014. It is still in its first year of development.  Most new businesses lose money the first year or two of start up.

Want to know why you're waiting even longer?  It's the tragedy of the commons problem (wikipedia)

Tragedy of the commons: It refers to individual behavior based on one's self-interest being contrary to the whole group's long-term best interests by depleting common resources

Here the common resources is Barwizi's energy, devotion, time to produce and develop things that can yield profits to all of the backers of NRS 2.0 and it's entire future.

Quite simply, barwizi spends more time going in circles with people in the forums than he does keeping his mind straight while coding, so everything takes longer.

So the very people demanding answers, are the very people that have actually caused Barwizi to threaten abandoning the project. How stupid is that?  BACK OFF and let him do his thing!  He's right in the middle of hard work.

If you would all just back right off, he'll get it done.   Give him the benefit of the doubt just awhile longer.

Note to barwizi, while we all love hearing from you directly, you are not the person that needs to go around in circles here with this stuff. Appoint a public relations person, and leave that type of circular debating to someone else.  You cannot burn the candle at both ends. It will lead to unneeded frustration and detract from development which you are really needed to focus on here.

These GF holders and other NRS investors have no idea that instead of seeing the yields and corrections they want, they are actually the exact same people that might be hurting their own investment, maybe even permanently by doing this..

Barwizi is fully aware of the issues. That's all you have to do is simply this:

1) On the forum, explain your issue, barwizi and other officers will read it, and take it into account

LEAVE BARWIZI ALONE TO HELP FINISH DEVELOPMENT (he's in alpha for crying out loud. There's plenty to work on)

He's already stated that he has full intentions on doing things that should be suitable to some of the complaints received here. But very few of him are giving him opportunities to address things while he's in alpha

The faster you all give him time to get NRS 2.0 operating properly, is the more chance you have of seeing this curve in your favor.

Thanks, it helps when you know there are reasonable people out there. I have zeroed in on a lot of problems and will likely push another update wallet tonight, so far none of the issues i have seen have required a hard fork, and it'll just be an update that fixes some of the errors.

Thanks for your support and i will keep you all updated on my progress.
toldy

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 03:17:59 PM

Thanks, it helps when you know there are reasonable people out there. I have zeroed in on a lot of problems and will likely push another update wallet tonight, so far none of the issues i have seen have required a hard fork, and it'll just be an update that fixes some of the errors.

Thanks for your support and i will keep you all updated on my progress.

There's plenty of us that admire what you've done and what you are still capable of doing.

+1 Barwizi

New venture: Your data in an real underground bunker. Interesting. http://tinyurl.com/msm8t3u
toldy

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 04:17:20 PM

You guys are in for a real treat in the next couple days!

The doors are about to be blown WIDE open. 

You're obviously privy to information that I'm not. So I can't comment on it. Sad

I'm just supporting what Barwizi is intending to do with the snapshot and going forth.  The snapshot makes sense to merge Noirbits and Noirshares into one, with a better wallet..

milly6
Legendary

Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 04:36:00 PM

Greetings,
I am Fivemil. I have been involved with NG since the beginning (mining, holding, 'investing') and I have come to find out that noirgroups mining operation which is supposed to be the backbone of the group is actually losing money (negative profitability). I am proposing that control of these miners is transferred to me, and I will monitor them on a regular basis to ensure they are mining in a profitable way. This will also allow the development team more time and energy to put into improvements, development, etc... instead of having to worry about the mining.
Please vote here if you agree:

http://www.tricider.com/brainstorming/37aKQja83AV

I am fivemil420 on skype if youd like to ask me any questions or send me a PM on here. Thanks, 5mil

Eyes open, No Fear. Be Safe! Trinity: Currency Without Bias
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 04:57:23 PM

Hey, quick update, grants system is paying out too much, i will throw in an patch with the upcoming 0.2.1.2.
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 05:13:50 PM

Greetings,
I am Fivemil. I have been involved with NG since the beginning (mining, holding, 'investing') and I have come to find out that noirgroups mining operation which is supposed to be the backbone of the group is actually losing money (negative profitability). I am proposing that control of these miners is transferred to me, and I will monitor them on a regular basis to ensure they are mining in a profitable way. This will also allow the development team more time and energy to put into improvements, development, etc... instead of having to worry about the mining.
Please vote here if you agree:

http://www.tricider.com/brainstorming/37aKQja83AV

I am fivemil420 on skype if youd like to ask me any questions or send me a PM on here. Thanks, 5mil

I think this is a good idea, because i was going to suggest we sell the miners since they tend to take me away from dev time.

However i think if you are going to take control then you need to apply for a position on the board.
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 06:17:58 PM

I'll be gone a few hours, need to rest. Mean time i will leave a new wallet that fixes the grant system and leave directions on how to vote.
Frigga77

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:36:02 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2014, 08:13:53 PM by Frigga77

Thanks for pointing out that my investment in the GF was a risky one, a risk you were not willing to take.
Maybe you can also see that making the mining option possible (mining at least 16 or maybe much more BTC), we have made possible the infrastructure you are having profit from now. The money from the mining option must be somewhere in the organisation, God knows where, but we, GF did not profit.
Personally I don't really care about the BTC I have put inside. Like I have said before, I have found a good investment that has brought me much more profit then this will ever give me.
What I am angry about is the way things are portrayed. If you can do some reading, you can also read that Barwizi, accidentally or purposely, has not been clear about the role of the GF holders in this new chain. If he would manage well, he would have given us SOMETHING in order to keep us a bit satisfied.
Promises were not kept time and time again.
Promise: GF holders will profit from the BTC mining done by the machines bought.
Fact: I have seen maybe 150 NRS, but no accounting has been done for the mining up till today, while the mining is already done there for 5 or 6 months. I am waiting for the accounting
Promise: GF holders will profit from the mining pool, and get the fees.
Fact: Never saw a dime from that, the project was killed after one or two weeks. I am waiting for this to come online again, because it has never been formally canceled.
Promise: GF holders will profit from the new lottochain
Fact: There will not be a lotto chain, instead it is planned to be implemented in a merge of NoirShares and Noirbits and the code is far from finished, and if this goes the way of the other two promises above, this will never happen. But ok I am waiting for this promise to become true.
Promise: There will be accounting for the mining operation and the premine.
Fact: This is still not done, after 3 months. But of course, I am waiting for the accounting, could be today, could be next year, but who cares, it is only the bitcoins that was mined with my money.

And of course I understand how hard it is to code, and how difficult creating something can be. But taking into account what has happened in the 7 months existence of NoirShares things in NRS go about 4 times slower than in other coins! But of course, I can give the developer a little credit and am waiting for the outcome.
And accusing the GF holders that they are devalueing their own share by standing up for their rights might sound like a legitimate statement, but in fact you are telling me to keep my mouth shut while things are not going like they should. Really, I have been biting my tongue more than you know, I have not said even half of what I want to say, just because I keep in mind it could devalue the share. I really have been waiting for things to improve, but from my viewpoint, the position of the GF holders is not improving, it is diminishing. I am still waiting to vote for a lot of decisions that have been made on our behalf without consulting us.

For the record: I did not get any offers for my share yet  Wink Come and buy! Rewards will be big! Don't wait! Dive in!
Oh BTW I could not wait until after the weekend to react on this posting, sorry.

edit: I want to state that things said in my reactions are my own point of view and in no way represent the point of view of the other GF holders. Although I am very curious what their point of view is. I added this because of this:

barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 09:56:45 PM

Emotions are running high , we are 3 months behind schedule and the value of crypto-currencies is plunging. I urge everyone to keep calm and lets work together, this is the ideal time to step into a new chapter and set attainable goals.

First, over the course of the next few days , we will be moving into beta for our NRS. What does NRS bring?

Phase 1 Restructuring

NRS has in built voting system, which from now on shall be our peer review and officer hiring apparatus.

How does it work ?

Special addresses can be made by anyone who wishes to apply for a job. below is the procedure:

1) Generate new special NRS address using vanity gen with the following parameters

Code:
vanitygen.exe -X 53 NRS"office"

where office is the position you wish to occupy. The currently supported offices are as follows

the rest are explanatory except the last, which will maintain payouts to the GF.

"ceo" "cdo" "cfo" "cmo" "coo" "cbf"

That means that if you wish to get a position or challenge the current holder , you must generate an address eg NRSceo***********

2) Once you have an address, import the private key to take control of the account.

3) Begin your campaign, and entice investors and users to vote for you by proving that you are a capable and viable candidate

4) If you get to the top you become the officer and immediately takeover the duties involved.

5) If you fail to impress users then beware, they'll vote someone in to replace you.

What are the benefits of the grant system?

The grant system servers to create Result Based Incentivized Decentralized Oversight

The power of hiring and firing is taken out of my hands and placed in the trust of the community. YOU choose who you want and YOU fire who you want. This effectively lower the workload and stress on me (  Grin  Grin  )  and at the same time encourages community involvement. In decision making.

The grant system can also be adapted to work as a crowd-funding platform for any initiatives brought up by a community member or myself  that benefit us. Such a tool will prove powerful in choosing what to pursue since only projects with majority support will receive funding.

The very nature of the system is such that it furthers our goal of realizing decentralized solutions enabling every user to have a clear say in all decisions made.

Phase 2 Restructuring

The initial  state of the company was unsustainable and did not yield much result, this is due to lack of coherent structure , this is going to change. We will en devour to keep all codebases separate by having different teams for each using the voting system. Positions in the umbrella management will only be voted on by GF shareholders.

Effective the day NRS goes into beta, i will immediately step down as CEO of NRS and leave the position open for whoever users choose. I will only be around as an advisor on that project, i will then immediately move my attention onto the next project. I will maintain the Position of Group CEO until GF shareholders say otherwise.

Phase 3 Restructuring

The final phase kicks in with regard to policy, while a lot of this is still being discussed , the end result will be a more prominent position for GF shareholders and more visible progress.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what to do in the mean time?

I would encourage you all to make sure your balances are correct now and try out the new super hard PoW. I remember many intimated that they wanted to mine...well, here's your chance. 

What to expect in the coming few weeks?

I will start on something that i gave a teaser of earlier in the thread and because i already have most of the tools at my disposal... it will be significantly shorter to produce.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: