Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:41:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NoirShares UPDATE REQUIRED Advanced Features✔, Unique PoW✔  (Read 69912 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Thrillho

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 08:22:34 AM

I understand you want us to use github, but please understand some of us aren't all that technical and github is for srs troubleshooting I would think. Perhaps IRC would be better for kinks like this.

Buy original NSFW artwork with crypto: http://holdenmatarazzo.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 08:25:09 AM

anyone else got trouble with syncing the new wallet 0.2.2.1-alpha ?

additionally i've reported my problem on github Cheesy

I would hazard a guess and say the majority have not updated yet as a result you cant find other up to date clients.

Try adding me

my connection is iffy so i'm having trouble updating the seeds, but i'll find a way.

Haven't synced here yet. Your Ip in the conf. Mining doesn't kick on either, probably 'cause of the lack of sync.

Give me your Ip addresses.

EDIT: Gets started mining but no sync with 1 peer--

"addr" : "107.170.52.105:31813",
"services" : "00000000",
"lastsend" : 1411201005,
"lastrecv" : 0,
"bytessent" : 127,
"bytesrecv" : 0,
"conntime" : 1411201004,
"version" : 0,
"subver" : "",
"inbound" : false,
"releasetime" : 0,
"startingheight" : -1,
"banscore" : 0

I can't connect to you either. That node is not on our network, it should disappear soon.
syypro

Activity: 368
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 08:38:42 AM

can not sync......
I'll try again....

Thrillho

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 08:42:13 AM

anyone else got trouble with syncing the new wallet 0.2.2.1-alpha ?

additionally i've reported my problem on github Cheesy

I would hazard a guess and say the majority have not updated yet as a result you cant find other up to date clients.

Try adding me

my connection is iffy so i'm having trouble updating the seeds, but i'll find a way.

Haven't synced here yet. Your Ip in the conf. Mining doesn't kick on either, probably 'cause of the lack of sync.

Give me your Ip addresses.

EDIT: Gets started mining but no sync with 1 peer--

"addr" : "107.170.52.105:31813",
"services" : "00000000",
"lastsend" : 1411201005,
"lastrecv" : 0,
"bytessent" : 127,
"bytesrecv" : 0,
"conntime" : 1411201004,
"version" : 0,
"subver" : "",
"inbound" : false,
"releasetime" : 0,
"startingheight" : -1,
"banscore" : 0

I can't connect to you either. That node is not on our network, it should disappear soon.

If I close and re-open, goes right back to that connection, 107.170.52.105:31813.

I'll try again in the morn... er later, time to sleep.

blackxx1977

Activity: 64

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 08:46:37 AM

The same here, It cant sync with 0.2.2.1 alpha
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 08:48:06 AM

I understand you want us to use github, but please understand some of us aren't all that technical and github is for srs troubleshooting I would think. Perhaps IRC would be better for kinks like this.

But i think github is actually easier, all you do is click "new issue" say your piece and go, maybe check back later after a few hours and you should see a response, maybe even a quick fix.

Thrillho

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 08:52:06 AM

But i think github is actually easier, all you do is click "new issue" say your piece and go, maybe check back later after a few hours and you should see a response, maybe even a quick fix.

Barwizi is now Jackie Mason.

syypro

Activity: 368

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 08:55:50 AM

It's time to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!!

Frigga77

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:38:45 AM

3) Begin your campaign, and entice investors and users to vote for you by proving that you are a capable and viable candidate

How will the actual voting go in that way? I generated the address, have found people that want to vote for me, and then?
Mario241077
Legendary

Activity: 1302

ORB has a good chance to grow.

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 11:26:17 AM

3) Begin your campaign, and entice investors and users to vote for you by proving that you are a capable and viable candidate

How will the actual voting go in that way? I generated the address, have found people that want to vote for me, and then?

for which position?? I look at evening

Are you a part of the ORB Community or want to be it, then gives your vote! here!! One of the first 30 currencys in the World is Orbitcoin DEV Forum - don't forget free ORB's are here ORB Faucet, tell your friend's - With PoW (without Asic's)/PoS Hybrid-System everyone can mine ORB with general purpose pc-hardware. The PoS (Proof of Stake) generation features very low energy consumption. Green Stake over PoS
Frigga77

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 11:50:29 AM

I meant hypothetical. I don't think anyone would vote for me now Wink
But if I would want to, how do I get the votes? Do people just pay some NRS in that address or will there be "yes" or "no" coins? And how will we know I do not vote for myself? I am interested in a more technical explanation of the underlying technology (maybe a whitepaper?)
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 12:48:55 PM

For now, you have to be voted in manually.

To Vote

send your candidate a small token maybe 0.001 NRs to signify your support, the more votes that person gets, the higher the chances they will succeed.

Once we get a web dev, we'll get the website updated.

As for syncing, our servers at centarra are not useable at the moment, i am considering options.
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 12:53:38 PM

I meant hypothetical. I don't think anyone would vote for me now Wink
But if I would want to, how do I get the votes? Do people just pay some NRS in that address or will there be "yes" or "no" coins? And how will we know I do not vote for myself? I am interested in a more technical explanation of the underlying technology (maybe a whitepaper?)

These will  likely be done on the website. We really need it updated
Frigga77

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 02:18:13 PM

To Vote

send your candidate a small token maybe 0.001 NRs to signify your support, the more votes that person gets, the higher the chances they will succeed.

As for syncing, our servers at centarra are not useable at the moment, i am considering options.

I am sorry to be negative, but that system cannot work. It is very simplistic and fraud will be imminent.
1. I can send multiple tokens (coins?) to my own address, each is one vote, so then I will pay for my own votes and get chosen.
2. A website cannot replace the blockchain, in fact has nothing to do with the blockchain other than that you can represent information from the blockchain on it
3. People can vote multiple times for the same person
4. How do I know who voted? In the GF I guess that other GF holders vote, but not other people, how to prevent that?

barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 02:56:56 PM

To Vote

I am sorry to be negative, but that system cannot work. It is very simplistic and fraud will be imminent.
1. I can send multiple tokens (coins?) to my own address, each is one vote, so then I will pay for my own votes and get chosen.
2. A website cannot replace the blockchain, in fact has nothing to do with the blockchain other than that you can represent information from the blockchain on it
4. How do I know who voted? In the GF I guess that other GF holders vote, but not other people, how to prevent that?

I'm mobile so i cant say too much, but let me correct you.

So user A votes themselves multiple times. the question becomes what % does this user control of the total money supply? If user A votes for himself and controls 10% of the money supply, but other users B-Z vote for user a1 while they control 10% as well, then user a1 gets elected.

The website is not meant to replace the block  chain, it is meant to provide voting instructions in a clearer manner than these posts on the forum. You did ask how it works right? We also use the website to show information of which candidates address has how many votes and who currently occupies the office. Later on, this will likely be worked into the client, but for now, you will be referred to a website to get the stats.

Does it matter that a person has voted multiple times? In this case it does not because we do not only count votes, we also consider what weight of the chain is controlled by the voters. a 0.001 vote from an address holding 0.1 coins is worth much less than a 0.001 vote from an address with 10 NRS.

We can always have a print out of who voted, and votes in NRS are for the community, not just GF, the GF has exclusive voting rights in NG but not in the DACs themselves.

that system cannot work. It is very simplistic

Usually, it is best to try something out before trying to poke holes in it or to outright dismiss it, it's a bit narrow minded. And "simple" usually has better results with regard to software in comparison with complicated solutions.

I'm not saying there aren't flaws, there are obviously issues with every system, but lets try to use the boat, not put cannon balls through the hull.
thisisausername

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 03:00:52 PM

I'd imagine sending the token transaction indicates that the sending address votes for the receiving address with its remaining stake, so Sybil attacks nor voting for multiple people are not possible.

I could be wrong.

Edit: Or just slow.
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 03:15:49 PM

I'd imagine sending the token transaction indicates that the sending address votes for the receiving address with its remaining stake, so Sybil attacks nor voting for multiple people are not possible.

I could be wrong.

Edit: Or just slow.

increasing the vote size from 0.001 to 0.1 still conts as a single vote, and multiple votes using the send many function are treated as one vote. most would try to have a script that creates new addresses and sens sya 1 coin to the address then vote with those addresses, this was encountered in the first implementation and was countered by considering what % of the chain is held by voting addresses, this means that even a thousand micro votes will not unbalance the scale since votes from actual holders will counter the effect, essentially, that person will just be losing themselves a ton of coin.

One issue i am aware of is a 51% attack, where in reality if a single person holds more voting power than the rest of the voters then can easily manipulate the system, however , based off information from the snapshot, this is not likely, and any person willing to buy up the required coin to do this would meet the same constraints as trying to 51% PoS.
Frigga77

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 03:26:40 PM

Usually, it is best to try something out before trying to poke holes in it or to outright dismiss it, it's a bit narrow minded. And "simple" usually has better results with regard to software in comparison with complicated solutions.
I take voting seriously, if you call that narrow minded, well...
If you implement a voting system, that has to be based on trust. I just show you what you have to be ahead of if you do not think in advance about how you want to implement that. You can take my advice or leave it.
The problem is that I ask for a technical explanation, and you are only throwing in about 3 lines that do not explain anything. So if I call that simplistic it is because you are not trying to explain.
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:38:57 PM

I take voting seriously, if you call that narrow minded, well...
If you implement a voting system, that has to be based on trust. I just show you what you have to be ahead of if you do not think in advance about how you want to implement that. You can take my advice or leave it.
The problem is that I ask for a technical explanation, and you are only throwing in about 3 lines that do not explain anything. So if I call that simplistic it is because you are not trying to explain.

did you read this part

I'm mobile so i cant say too much, but let me correct you.
blackxx1977

Activity: 64

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:43:10 PM

PLS LET'S FOCUS ON THE SERIOUS THINGS.... WALLET v.0.2.2.1 WONT SYNC....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: