Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:58:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NoirShares UPDATE REQUIRED Advanced Features✔, Unique PoW✔  (Read 69912 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Frigga77

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 05:14:16 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2014, 06:11:03 PM by Frigga77

The GF holders keep screaming "4 months!!".  Well perhaps you all should change what you've been doing for the last 4 months. Running around screaming scammer on a constant basis hasn't worked very well.  Why not try a different approach.  I have found that if you are less confrontational, but more conversational, you get a LOT more out of Barwizi.  Just look at the previous threads...  You'll see I'm right.

...(oh, and when wallets are in the middle of crashing, that's the worst time to start piping up asking questions. You guys could have waited a couple days until that ordeal was done.)
You forget that other people have been doing that, like Chocobo. Maybe you should look up his story. What you all refuse to see is that Barwizi always has a good way of turning words around. I tried to confront him every time, and I really believe that that should be done in the open, this thread, and nowhere else, otherwise my words will also be twisted.
Of course I see that you, the people that were holding NRS at the time of the snapshot, want to get your profit. My view is that all the promised features will just remain that: promises. At this moment NRS is not more than a lousy copy of Cinnicoin.
Anyway, considering you get annoyed with the warnings is why I decided that this will be my last warning in this topic, because I see that most that still around here don't want to hear all this. I do not want you all to loose that money, but I have given up on NRS and I really hope that other people will do good research into this before buying one single NRS or trusting Barwizi with Project X. I do not trust him with one single satoshi. There are so many better alternatives around.
And our timing might not be good for you, but it would always be bad timing for those who already invested.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alinda

Activity: 887
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 05:17:23 PM

mywallet can't sync. node please  Huh

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 07:12:39 PM

mywallet can't sync. node please  Huh

Wallet is currently being fixed. You have to wait for Barwizi to release the new working wallet.
toldy

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 01:07:09 AM

Anyway, considering you get annoyed with the warnings is why I decided that this will be my last warning in this topic, because I see that most that still around here don't want to hear all this. I do not want you all to loose that money, but I have given up on NRS

Well, I don't want GF investors to lose out either. I hope Barwizi will address it again, not because people are demanding it, but is the right thing to do.

One of the significant features of NRS 2.0 is voting. Once we get that working, I think he can put voting to the community to allow GF holders to be repaid somehow.  I know I'd agree to giving up 10% of my holdings to the GF repayment fund if it existed as long as it was able to be done on an anonymous basis. (I don't like revealing my own coin addresses on forums).

New venture: Your data in an real underground bunker. Interesting. http://tinyurl.com/msm8t3u
barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:36:38 AM

Hello all

Thanks for the patience, I'll be returning to work in three days so that means I'll be able to do cryptos again. There is one stupid line of code holding everything up. I have asked fellow developers for a way around, we'll see what they come up with. GF members (the majority), have remained calm and some have expressed their concerns privately. Most of whom were happy to go over the numbers I provided. A lot of dissatisfaction was expressed over the speed of development and I communicated the difficulty of being a sole dev who does his own debugging. (Basically it's like trying to mark your own homework)

All that remains in NRS is that the mempool does not contain the genesis transactions, as a result, the fetchinputs function fails when you try to transact using a genesis input. ONE LINE , but as you know transactions are basic for the protocol, so instead of a rough hack, I am seeking serious viable assistance to not "screw the pooch",  as that may result in loopholes/exploits or loss of money for users.
Frigga77

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:07:16 AM

GF members (the majority), have remained calm and some have expressed their concerns privately. Most of whom were happy to go over the numbers I provided. A lot of dissatisfaction was expressed over the speed of development and I communicated the difficulty of being a sole dev who does his own debugging. (Basically it's like trying to mark your own homework)
Can you please let us know how those numbers were provided to the GF holders? Because if they were emailed, I did not get them. BTW, I would be happy if some of the majority of those GF members would also express their satisfaction here, because if I was not speaking for them, then they could go against me and give you more support, isn't it?
Note that people have said several times they want to help you test the code. Do something with that.
What caused the delay in all this? Because it is obvious you promised to have something ready last Friday, and now you are saying that you will not be able to work on it for another 3 days?
lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:39:13 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2014, 07:25:28 PM by mprep

BARWIZI IS A SCAMMER!  BEWARE!!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789290.0

[MOD NOTE: Edited text size and removed off-topic image]

toldy

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:37:01 PM

Barwizi initially explained what was holding everything up:

There is one stupid line of code holding everything up. I have asked fellow developers for a way around, we'll see what they come up with.

To which Frigga77 afterwards asked:

What caused the delay in all this? Because it is obvious you promised to have something ready last Friday, and now you are saying that you will not be able to work on it for another 3 days?

My guess is the answer is:

"There is one stupid line of code holding everything up. Barwizi has asked fellow developers for a way around"

So I guess we're waiting on "fellow developers" to get back to Barwizi on possible solutions.

He mentioned something about FetchInputs and mempool. Glancing at the code, I'm guessing he means this line?

bool FetchInputs(CTxDB& txdb, const std::map<uint256, CTxIndex>& mapTestPool,
                     bool fBlock, bool fMiner, MapPrevTx& inputsRet, bool& fInvalid);

Either way, it sounds like has to convince the wallet to accept there is no previous transaction in the blockchain, but instead, to accept the shares.txt and shares2.txt as being an authoritative resource for starting balance transactions.

New venture: Your data in an real underground bunker. Interesting. http://tinyurl.com/msm8t3u
Frigga77

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 07:54:15 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2014, 08:55:48 PM by Frigga77

Barwizi initially explained what was holding everything up:

There is one stupid line of code holding everything up. I have asked fellow developers for a way around, we'll see what they come up with.

To which Frigga77 afterwards asked:

My guess is the answer is:

"There is one stupid line of code holding everything up. Barwizi has asked fellow developers for a way around"

That is his explanation afterwards. Did you miss that he is not working on the code right now? Because that is what I am reading in his message and that is what I am reacting at. Anyway, I am not going to defend my point of view here, I know I am not going to change your mind and I am fine with that.

dynamicalrange

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 04:21:52 PM

I don't understand what's going on. 
BarTeam

Activity: 313

HGPUPC addicted!

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 11:01:51 PM

GF members (the majority), have remained calm and some have expressed their concerns privately. Most of whom were happy to go over the numbers I provided. A lot of dissatisfaction was expressed over the speed of development and I communicated the difficulty of being a sole dev who does his own debugging. (Basically it's like trying to mark your own homework)
Can you please let us know how those numbers were provided to the GF holders? Because if they were emailed, I did not get them. BTW, I would be happy if some of the majority of those GF members would also express their satisfaction here, because if I was not speaking for them, then they could go against me and give you more support, isn't it?
Note that people have said several times they want to help you test the code. Do something with that.

Regarding the BOLD comment (by me)... wanting does not help. Debugging and pointing parts of the code with some reasoning do!

Also saying just, "it doesn't work or it's not good enough..." - it's for the ones that don't know what to do with their money, and those, I am sorry.. can wait. =)

People sometimes loose more time fighting against a cause that could just be won by implementing alternative technologies and prove they are better and worth of their words.

Main property of evolution is not fighting... it's sharing!
toldy

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 11:28:10 PM

The new NRS 2.0 wallet has one last bug before being released, it's one complex line of code that is difficult for Barwizi to figure out on his own. So he called in help from other coin developers to ask them their opinion on how to fix it.

This is causing a bigger delay because he is waiting on other people.  Hopefully Barwizi will mention if he has heard back from anyone yet, or if he is still stuck. 

Frigga77

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:03:44 AM

Regarding the BOLD comment (by me)... wanting does not help. Debugging and pointing parts of the code with some reasoning do!

Also saying just, "it doesn't work or it's not good enough..." - it's for the ones that don't know what to do with their money, and those, I am sorry.. can wait. =)

People sometimes loose more time fighting against a cause that could just be won by implementing alternative technologies and prove they are better and worth of their words.

I am able to help with debugging if I get more than 3 days to test. And be sure I can give constructive information. But like a developer needs time to develop, a debugger needs to have time to test. Last time the code of the alpha release was put on github around 24 hours before release of the Windows client, and the github source was even not up to date (was obviously different from the windows client). Nothing was working like it should. I think at that time I have mentioned that the reason why Lotto was not working was because there was no reference to it in the code. I did not go into much detail there, because I was almost sure Barwizi knew that it was not working yet and why. It was there in the GUI, but let me put it like this, I can make wonderful GUIs which seem to have lots of functions in it, but if there is nothing behind it it won't work. It is like selling a Tesla without engine, if you turn the key it won't start. I never got the chance to test Lotto when the blockchain was reset, because transactions failed and it got stuck very soon in the blockchain. The strange thing is that the blockchain seemed to have worked somehow till then. I stopped looking over the code until Barwizi is ready with this problem.
I am very curious to which developers he has asked for help, and if there is a bounty planned for them.
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:25:33 AM

The new NRS 2.0 wallet has one last bug before being released, it's one complex line of code that is difficult for Barwizi to figure out on his own. So he called in help from other coin developers to ask them their opinion on how to fix it.

This is causing a bigger delay because he is waiting on other people.  Hopefully Barwizi will mention if he has heard back from anyone yet, or if he is still stuck. 

Not much response, most have never modified the places I have so I'm trying an alternative that seems to cover that situation. Coding on a laptop is not fun.
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:31:25 AM

I am able to help with debugging if I get more than 3 days to test. And be sure I can give constructive information. But like a developer needs time to develop, a debugger needs to have time to test. Last time the code of the alpha release was put on github around 24 hours before release of the Windows client, and the github source was even not up to date (was obviously different from the windows client). Nothing was working like it should. I think at that time I have mentioned that the reason why Lotto was not working was because there was no reference to it in the code. I did not go into much detail there, because I was almost sure Barwizi knew that it was not working yet and why. It was there in the GUI, but let me put it like this, I can make wonderful GUIs which seem to have lots of functions in it, but if there is nothing behind it it won't work. It is like selling a Tesla without engine, if you turn the key it won't start. I never got the chance to test Lotto when the blockchain was reset, because transactions failed and it got stuck very soon in the blockchain. The strange thing is that the blockchain seemed to have worked somehow till then. I stopped looking over the code until Barwizi is ready with this problem.
I am very curious to which developers he has asked for help, and if there is a bounty planned for them.

Your previous statements seem to imply you see me as your employee , seeing how you wish to dictate my time useage. Quite plainly , you are bullshitting because any dev/debugger would have understood the problem from my description and if you had a solution you would have stated it. You need to back off and let me work.

You have said nothing constructive short of pissing me off and making assumptions and taking liberties. If you knew half of what needs to b done you would have done it yourself.

So thanks but no thanks, I do not need or require an armchair general or a clueless commentator.

Find something to do with your time and check back in a few days.
Frigga77

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:41:14 AM

Your previous statements seem to imply you see me as your employee , seeing how you wish to dictate my time useage. Quite plainly , you are bullshitting because any dev/debugger would have understood the problem from my description and if you had a solution you would have stated it. You need to back off and let me work.

You have said nothing constructive short of pissing me off and making assumptions and taking liberties. If you knew half of what needs to b done you would have done it yourself.

So thanks but no thanks, I do not need or require an armchair general or a clueless commentator.

I don't see you as my employee, you are so far from the truth. I see you as a person that keeps some money from a group, the GF holders, and has a responsibility to that group. I also get tired of you telling me I piss you off, because you have the same effect on me. You have taken liberties with the money of the GF. Anyway, if you like to demonize me so that you will look better, be my guest. I am sure that people with some common sense will be able to distinguish truth from lies.
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 12:55:52 PM

Anyone here live in London? I'll be there early tomorrow , staying two days.
LemonAndFries

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:29:04 PM

I don't see you as my employee, you are so far from the truth. I see you as a person that keeps some money from a group, the GF holders, and has a responsibility to that group. I also get tired of you telling me I piss you off, because you have the same effect on me. You have taken liberties with the money of the GF. Anyway, if you like to demonize me so that you will look better, be my guest. I am sure that people with some common sense will be able to distinguish truth from lies.

Don't bother, he stole my and lazj99's BTC and removed us from the GF for exposing his scam.

Every time you talk to him, he will only derail the conversation into some dumb blame game back at you.

The other people you argue with that support his scam are most likely sock puppets created by him.

I already played this game with him during the summer and received no real response from him.

Now you see he wants to meet someone in London, he will use his sock puppet to make it seem like he is actually going to meet someone to look like this whole scam is legit.

That's been his pattern for months now: Announce something -> use sock puppet to seem legit -> drag more people into this scam -> rinse and repeat.
toldy

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:52:00 PM

Not much response, most have never modified the places I have so I'm trying an alternative that seems to cover that situation. Coding on a laptop is not fun.

Can you upload the current source to mega download or something (instead of git) in a zip, with a comment of where it is broken in a readme.txt and let us have a crack at it?

I'd like to run it on some test nodes and fill the debug.log with verbose commenting and see if I can spot where the problem lies and possibly write a routine to fix it.

The reason I'm asking you to do this in public is two fold:

a) It lays legitimacy to the situation and allows everyone in here the same opportunity

b) We might get more people trying to fix it

barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 03:44:53 PM

Can you upload the current source to mega download or something (instead of git) in a zip, with a comment of where it is broken in a readme.txt and let us have a crack at it?

I'd like to run it on some test nodes and fill the debug.log with verbose commenting and see if I can spot where the problem lies and possibly write a routine to fix it.

The reason I'm asking you to do this in public is two fold:

a) It lays legitimacy to the situation and allows everyone in here the same opportunity

b) We might get more people trying to fix it

I'll do so in an airport if I can, meantime I am working on trying a CCoinsview implementation. As well as LevelDB. There are two versions, one with PoS and one pure PoW. I'll have to pick the more stable one.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: