Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:17:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NoirShares UPDATE REQUIRED Advanced Features✔, Unique PoW✔  (Read 69912 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
blackxx1977

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 02:16:35 PM

Hey guys, give him a time, he's alone and I dont think he is a cyborg or has superpower..

barwizi how many time do you need to compile a new working wallet?

I'm working on it. Maybe two or three hours.

I have fixed the GUI for voting as well.

Only small issues remaining.

that's good  Smiley but plz dont upload it with Google drive because we have troubles with it, use another service.
Thx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Frigga77

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 02:46:22 PM

EVERYONE STOP! For now please don't run your wallets. I'm sorry to say i am resetting the chain to block 0.

The grant database is causing crashes because of the reduced amount clashing with those still adamantly using the very first wallet i released. Also there seems to be an issue with transactions that i am trying to deal with now. 

So we are going to start from the beginning. There will be no more major changes for a while, and i will lay out the changes here later.

The new client starting afresh, (i promise this wont happen again) will be available within the hour. All genesis balances are preserved.

Lol, I asked you the first time alpha came out if the mining would be permanent or could be deleted (reset blockchain). You did not answer the 3 times I asked. I guess people were thinking this would be permanent!
And now on your own you decide to throw away all the mining power people have put in, because your programming sucks.
What if NRS 2.0 would have been on the exchanges already?

Shall i quit and stop completely since i am so incompetent? I remember telling people that this is alpha code , which means it's got issues, and i tried to maintain their balances, but now we've reached a point where it just cant be.

So from now on you take over, since i am clearly not good enough a coder for your tastes.
I have problems with your actions, which don't show your competence. So if you are competent, then show us. I won't be too proud to applaud you if you show me being wrong.
I am not a coder. But I can read code to a certain extent and I have people available that can read the bits I can't.

Since you can read code to an extent...how many coins have this many moving parts outside of the basic bitcoin code?

Let's see there's PoS, Lotto, Voting , Encrypted Messaging and the Receipting functions,  Dynamic loading/unloading of wallets, two RNGs and a one of a kind PoW algorithm that is entwined with one of the RNGs.

If you want finished off-the-shelf software, wait until bitcoin goes from versions 0.9.*** to version 1.0.

I am dealing with all this code while also answering your questions, and doing research to try and  get an equitable accounting, how about giving me a sip of that super juice, because to maintain all that is just not possible let alone with me at my day job.
promised functionality: 7 months
promised accounting: 3 months
you are the one delaying. Not me. Anyway, I will stop this conversation for now, because I don't want to annoy people. BTW syscoin had a lot of problems and had build a lot of functionality too in their wallet. So complexity might be a problem indeed.
barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:24:04 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2014, 03:41:18 PM by barwizi

NoirShares 2.0  -beta

Branch Master on Github is up to date

Changelog

Bump Version 0.2.3.1
Change protocol version to disconnect old client
New chain start parameters
Lotto GUI fixed
Voting GUI fixed
Reduced grant rewards
Reduced grant offices
Adjust minimum input and tx fee
Increase Grant time interval
Added GF shareholder grant address
Reduced stake to 3%
Reduced stake minimum age to 5 days
Decreased Checkpoint time span

There is still a lot to be done but this at least has functional features (maybe a few bugs).
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:27:59 PM

EVERYONE STOP! For now please don't run your wallets. I'm sorry to say i am resetting the chain to block 0.

The grant database is causing crashes because of the reduced amount clashing with those still adamantly using the very first wallet i released. Also there seems to be an issue with transactions that i am trying to deal with now. 

So we are going to start from the beginning. There will be no more major changes for a while, and i will lay out the changes here later.

The new client starting afresh, (i promise this wont happen again) will be available within the hour. All genesis balances are preserved.

Lol, I asked you the first time alpha came out if the mining would be permanent or could be deleted (reset blockchain). You did not answer the 3 times I asked. I guess people were thinking this would be permanent!
And now on your own you decide to throw away all the mining power people have put in, because your programming sucks.
What if NRS 2.0 would have been on the exchanges already?

Shall i quit and stop completely since i am so incompetent? I remember telling people that this is alpha code , which means it's got issues, and i tried to maintain their balances, but now we've reached a point where it just cant be.

So from now on you take over, since i am clearly not good enough a coder for your tastes.
I have problems with your actions, which don't show your competence. So if you are competent, then show us. I won't be too proud to applaud you if you show me being wrong.
I am not a coder. But I can read code to a certain extent and I have people available that can read the bits I can't.

Since you can read code to an extent...how many coins have this many moving parts outside of the basic bitcoin code?

Let's see there's PoS, Lotto, Voting , Encrypted Messaging and the Receipting functions,  Dynamic loading/unloading of wallets, two RNGs and a one of a kind PoW algorithm that is entwined with one of the RNGs.

If you want finished off-the-shelf software, wait until bitcoin goes from versions 0.9.*** to version 1.0.

I am dealing with all this code while also answering your questions, and doing research to try and  get an equitable accounting, how about giving me a sip of that super juice, because to maintain all that is just not possible let alone with me at my day job.
promised functionality: 7 months
promised accounting: 3 months
you are the one delaying. Not me. Anyway, I will stop this conversation for now, because I don't want to annoy people. BTW syscoin had a lot of problems and had build a lot of functionality too in their wallet. So complexity might be a problem indeed.

Your time frames are wring NRS was launched in February but any development plans started much later. Most real innovation for now is based on manipulation of transactions, and that is where things like lotto come from, i am reading up more and more on what can be done. Maybe we'll add something in this wallet or in the next sharebase.

For now i just need someone to confirm they are connected and mining, then i will take a break.

barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:42:05 PM

Hey guys, give him a time, he's alone and I dont think he is a cyborg or has superpower..

that's good  Smiley but plz dont upload it with Google drive because we have troubles with it, use another service.
Thx

Are you connected with the new wallet?
blackxx1977

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 04:08:43 PM

Thx

Are you connected with the new wallet?

Im at work, Ill try later but the good news is that I can download it, thx!  Wink
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 04:15:51 PM

I'm connected but when I try unlocking for minting only I continue to get errors in this format:

Let's assume my passphrase is "one two three four". This is what I type and the errors I get:

walletpassphrase "one two three four" 999999 true

walletpassphrase <passphrase> <timeout> [mintonly]
Stores the wallet decryption key in memory for <timeout> seconds.
mintonly is optional true/false allowing only block minting. (code -1)

walletpassphrase "one two three four" 999999 TRUE

Error: Error parsing JSON:TRUE

What am I doing wrong here?

I've never used that feature. I'll look into it. But you can mine and transact right?
Coindgr

Activity: 1034
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 05:08:41 PM

I'm connected but when I try unlocking for minting only I continue to get errors in this format:

Let's assume my passphrase is "one two three four". This is what I type and the errors I get:

walletpassphrase "one two three four" 999999 true

walletpassphrase <passphrase> <timeout> [mintonly]
Stores the wallet decryption key in memory for <timeout> seconds.
mintonly is optional true/false allowing only block minting. (code -1)

walletpassphrase "one two three four" 999999 TRUE

Error: Error parsing JSON:TRUE

What am I doing wrong here?

I've never used that feature. I'll look into it. But you can mine and transact right?

I haven't tried mining because I don't like leaving the wallet completely unlocked. But I'll see if I can try for a few minutes.

It happened to me also. After encrypting the wallet, cannot unlock only for minting. This must be a bug in this new wallet, the old NRS had no problem.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
blackxx1977

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 05:47:14 PM

Wallet now is sync!!!!  Grin

What I should write in noirshares.conf file to start mining?
Mibby

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 05:54:23 PM

so just to be clear, all shares earned after the release of the wallet that was just replaced have been reset to 0, correct? 
toldy

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 05:57:06 PM

so just to be clear, all shares earned after the release of the wallet that was just replaced have been reset to 0, correct? 

(I'm temporarily back by the way, giving this another chance)

The chain was reset to 0 blocks, so any new PoW mined coins from the previous alpha release are lost.

The snapshot coins are still ready to be claimed by importing your private key if you want to do that. (I'm waiting for a couple of weeks before I do that just in case)

The best thing to do is open up a new wallet, and PoW cpu mine if you want to run a node on the network and help secure it.

New venture: Your data in an real underground bunker. Interesting. http://tinyurl.com/msm8t3u
toldy

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 05:58:03 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2014, 07:58:48 PM by toldy

Wallet now is sync!!!!  Grin

What I should write in noirshares.conf file to start mining?

Try this....  (gen=1 means try to generate new PoW coins)

server=1
gen=1
daemon=1
listen=1
rpcuser=YOURUSERNAME
rpcpassword=YOURPASSWORD
maxconnections=35
addnode=70.54.66.159
addnode=189.181.201.75
addnode=207.245.41.195
addnode=184.68.133.150
addnode=192.64.5.200
addnode=107.170.52.105
addnode=41.78.78.2
addnode=54.186.239.68
addnode=91.134.53.161
addnode=192.64.4.13
addnode=24.67.29.246
addnode=207.245.41.195
addnode=107.170.52.105
addnode=68.54.118.59
addnode=75.83.196.109
addnode=14.20.5.117
addnode=130.204.172.168
addnode=89.151.189.195

New venture: Your data in an real underground bunker. Interesting. http://tinyurl.com/msm8t3u
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:04:45 PM

I'm noticing that some transactions are being rejected, this is due to changes i made concerning dynamic wallets and minimum tx fees. I am working on it, not to worry...guess that break is a bit further down the line.
toldy

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:08:21 PM

I'm noticing that some transactions are being rejected, this is due to changes i made concerning dynamic wallets and minimum tx fees. I am working on it, not to worry...guess that break is a bit further down the line.

A stable 2.0 chain (and Linux/Windows clients) are most important at this point. Thanks for discovering it.

Please starve off any new features until we have that at least.

toldy

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:30:28 PM

By the way, I've been watching my node (and other nodes) interacting and syncing. This looks pretty good so far..

blackxx1977

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:37:24 PM

I confirm i'm mining  Wink
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:40:30 PM

A stable 2.0 chain (and Linux/Windows clients) are most important at this point. Thanks for discovering it.

Please starve off any new features until we have that at least.

I wont be adding a single feature more until the current ones are fully working. I've discovered that the issue is related to change addresses and am trying to fix it.

I wish i had someone else dealing with small issues like making buttons and text more visible, lots of complaints about that in my inbox
toldy

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:44:14 PM

I've discovered that the issue is related to change addresses and am trying to fix it.

Ok, so as long as we don't transfer coins, we're good for the time being.

So heads up people. If you earn coins, don't use the sendtoaddress command until Barwizi is done.

kondiomir
Legendary

Activity: 1568

Twitter @Acimirov

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:26:14 PM

I confirm i'm mining  Wink

Any success with mining ?
I'm mining about an hour. Nothing.

toldy

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:28:34 PM

I confirm i'm mining  Wink

Any success with mining ?
I'm mining about an hour. Nothing.

If you run this:

NoirSharesd getmininginfo

Do you see this?

"generate" : true,

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: