Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:36:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NoirShares UPDATE REQUIRED Advanced Features✔, Unique PoW✔  (Read 69912 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
toldy

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:36:52 AM

I'll do so in an airport if I can, meantime I am working on trying a CCoinsview implementation. As well as LevelDB. There are two versions, one with PoS and one pure PoW. I'll have to pick the more stable one.

Thanks.

As you can understand, tensions are high right now.  I don't know why you're travelling so much but that's your personal issue I guess.

What I can tell you is that the time is now to get this underway before NoirShares becomes a distant memory and no chance of re-launching a new chain. We're way overdue of recouping the investor following that has been here to this point.  There are hundreds of people with coins stuck in the snapshot. They are losing interest at an alarming rate day-by-day.

So please do it the moment you have a chance.  We're at the fork in the road where NRS either lives or becomes permanent dust.

Too many other altcoin solutions are grabbing attention and making waves on a daily basis. We have to realize that we no longer have time to spare.

We also need to address the GF fund investors after the NRS 2.0 chain is alive and well as you well know.

This is completely fixable, with enough effort and energy by people willing to help.

New venture: Your data in an real underground bunker. Interesting. http://tinyurl.com/msm8t3u

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 07:50:49 AM

I'll do so in an airport if I can, meantime I am working on trying a CCoinsview implementation. As well as LevelDB. There are two versions, one with PoS and one pure PoW. I'll have to pick the more stable one.

Thanks.

As you can understand, tensions are high right now.  I don't know why you're travelling so much but that's your personal issue I guess.

What I can tell you is that the time is now to get this underway before NoirShares becomes a distant memory and no chance of re-launching a new chain. We're way overdue of recouping the investor following that has been here to this point.  There are hundreds of people with coins stuck in the snapshot. They are losing interest at an alarming rate day-by-day.

So please do it the moment you have a chance.  We're at the fork in the road where NRS either lives or becomes permanent dust.

Too many other altcoin solutions are grabbing attention and making waves on a daily basis. We have to realize that we no longer have time to spare.

We also need to address the GF fund investors after the NRS 2.0 chain is alive and well as you well know.

This is completely fixable, with enough effort and energy by people willing to help.

I usually keep my personal affairs just that , however, for those who do know, I have been on assignment for a year now and had returned home for a much needed visit as well as to fight reassignment into a war zone. That's completed so I'm going back now, the travel was unavoidable.

I never stopped working and share you pov, we are late, very.

Even now I'm coding on my tablet just to push things through. I probably will upload two versions of the code by end of day. One has PoS and the other does not. Whichever is most stable will become the active one.
toldy

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 10:39:02 AM

I never stopped working and share you pov, we are late, very.

Even now I'm coding on my tablet just to push things through. I probably will upload two versions of the code by end of day. One has PoS and the other does not. Whichever is most stable will become the active one.

There is a certain way you talk Barwizi in previous posts, that either makes you a sadist, or a legitimate person who believes in karma.

I'm going for the latter.

I continue to believe in your intentions, and if in the end I'm at fault for that, I'm willing to take that risk infront of everyone reading this forum.

There is certain words that you use, and phrases that lead me to believe your a genuine human being, with real intentions, and for that I'm willing to go the extra mile.

I know times are tough cryptocurrency wise, and sketchy, but thanks for coming through with the code when you upload it.

Thanks again
Toldy.

New venture: Your data in an real underground bunker. Interesting. http://tinyurl.com/msm8t3u
patkim

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 04:33:49 PM

keep it up barwizi I have been watching NRS since it started you are the most reliable dev.

amartinz

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:04:27 PM

Hi guys!
There is a month past after the snapshot (9\9\2014).
Any news on the new blockchain? Can't find any info.
How can I get my new NRS?
lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 02:41:01 AM

keep it up barwizi I have been watching NRS since it started you are the most reliable dev.

You. Are. A. Fucking. Retard.

Frigga77

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 07:19:56 AM

Any news on the code or wallet update?
lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 08:11:14 PM

Cmon man...how big of a bagholder are you that you still give a shit?  Cut your losses and move on...you're better off using your energy elsewhere.

This was nothing but a well played scam by Barwizi, he got what he wanted so why should he deliver anything in any sort of respectable time?  Move along, do yourself a favor and get over it!

BarTeam

Activity: 313

HGPUPC addicted!

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 01:37:50 AM

Cmon man...how big of a bagholder are you that you still give a shit?  Cut your losses and move on...you're better off using your energy elsewhere.

This was nothing but a well played scam by Barwizi, he got what he wanted so why should he deliver anything in any sort of respectable time?  Move along, do yourself a favor and get over it!

I really don't get it.. if there is so much "bad about it.." why to bother? Please.. don't post.. just go... if you post I will have to read your post.. and then the others posts.. and afterwards the post responding to you.. ARHRHRHHHRHR!! It's crazy man! come on.. this is supposed to be community forum and I am sure that someday bot's will only allow good content messages (not like the one I am just posting for example).. We got your message and other users messages too.. there is no need to repeat all of them again, over and over... otherwise I would consider it a place for reporting the user.

Do yourself also a favor =) and to me specifically: use your fingers to code something useful or stop this posts please. It will save your keyboard.

Please don't take this as an offence post. I am freeing my mind and making you see the good side of it.
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 03:06:28 AM

https://github.com/NoirX/NoirShares/tree/NOPOS

Still testing
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 03:55:22 AM

I can't do a windows build yet.
toldy

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 10:19:05 PM

Thanks for trying Barwizi

Out of the door, we might have a significant issue.  This Noirshares-NOPOS appears to be based on Lottoshares, which project has just been abandoned by the developer for the following reasons:

(From another topic thread named "( Re: LottoShares - Dice 0% Edge - 80LTS Airdrop to all DOGE owners")

Update:

I've been trying to resolve two problems with LottoShares but have not managed to do so.

The first is a forking problem when the checkpointing server is running. The checkpointing server allows draws to take place but causes forks to take place when checkpoints aren't accepted by some clients.

The second is decentralizing the draw/random number generation. Using the block hash and a private key to generate unpredictable randomness is centralized and ultimately unsatisfactory. I think the second problem may only be resolvable in the context of a (bitshares style) delegate model.

Unfortunately I've been unable to resolve these problems in LTS despite a huge amount of effort. I have now decided to redirect my efforts to other projects.

Thanks to everybody who took part and I'm sorry it didn't turn out as well as we had all hoped.

barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:22:25 AM

Thanks for trying Barwizi

Out of the door, we might have a significant issue.  This Noirshares-NOPOS appears to be based on Lottoshares, which project has just been abandoned by the developer for the following reasons:

(From another topic thread named "( Re: LottoShares - Dice 0% Edge - 80LTS Airdrop to all DOGE owners")

Update:

I've been trying to resolve two problems with LottoShares but have not managed to do so.

The first is a forking problem when the checkpointing server is running. The checkpointing server allows draws to take place but causes forks to take place when checkpoints aren't accepted by some clients.

The second is decentralizing the draw/random number generation. Using the block hash and a private key to generate unpredictable randomness is centralized and ultimately unsatisfactory. I think the second problem may only be resolvable in the context of a (bitshares style) delegate model.

Unfortunately I've been unable to resolve these problems in LTS despite a huge amount of effort. I have now decided to redirect my efforts to other projects.

Thanks to everybody who took part and I'm sorry it didn't turn out as well as we had all hoped.

Simply put, here is my proposal, Lotto draws should not be on a block basis but actually a checkpoint block basis. This means maybe one checkpoint per 12 hours / 360 blocks.

We have an RNG the one that issues out the PoW rewards, I believe that we can use it to keep the system decentralized, I already knew about these issues and you'll find I mentioned them a lot of times. But like anything else in programming, the problem is making coherent modifications that will endure.

Here's what I am doing, I am working in the field ( hence the delays) but by Friday , I will have a report as I am taking the whole day off to deal with this **cough "i'm sick"

And he is right, Bitshares is solving a lot of issues everyone should take time to read about it.
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:43:37 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2014, 05:22:15 AM by barwizi

The forks I think are a result of every miner generating a checkpoint. So then lets have a more sane (network-wise) method.

As for keeping the draw decentralized, lets deal with that after forking.

I am hoping someone will work with me pointing out any problems with my proposed fixes.
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 05:52:28 AM

http://ciyam.org/at/at_lottery.html
toldy

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 06:17:46 AM

Thanks for that link.  Can you give us a couple sentence blurb about why you referenced it.

For instance, I'm assuming your not involved with the CIYAM AT project?

How does that link fit into the new Noirshares-NOPOS project? Are you using a similar design somehow?

toldy

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 06:22:39 AM

Simply put, here is my proposal, Lotto draws should not be on a block basis but actually a checkpoint block basis. This means maybe one checkpoint per 12 hours / 360 blocks.

I agree with you. The LTS implementation had blocks occurring once every 40 seconds or something. By the end of the year, the block chain files would have been massive in size.  It couldn't scale that way.

On the other hand every 12 hours is a bit slow before a lottery draw too though. How about 1/2 that?  Someone buys a lottery ticket at the beginning of their work shift.  By the time they leave to go home, they'd find out their lottery win if they worked an 8 hour shift.

barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 09:14:32 AM

I agree with you. The LTS implementation had blocks occurring once every 40 seconds or something. By the end of the year, the block chain files would have been massive in size.  It couldn't scale that way.

On the other hand every 12 hours is a bit slow before a lottery draw too though. How about 1/2 that?  Someone buys a lottery ticket at the beginning of their work shift.  By the time they leave to go home, they'd find out their lottery win if they worked an 8 hour shift.

While pondering I pondered into a pond :-

If our blocks are produced at nearly one at a time and are almost always propagated across the network before the next one , we are less likely to have consistent forks are we not ?
Maybe my reasoning is flawed, but look at it this way,

4 minute blocks (lots time for network propagation) vs 40 seconds
No GPU ASIC mining, in built miner only (for now). Vs scrypt mining (merged even)

Should already mitigate the issues involved with short block times and forking due to different block counts or hashes.

Correct me if I am wrong, because this is one issue that seems to solve itself with the current implementation.

barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 06:01:21 PM

https://github.com/NoirX/NoirShares

You can now download the wallet from the above link

All other advanced features will be added in sometime next week.
Anduril_FotW

Activity: 413

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 06:53:30 PM

https://github.com/NoirX/NoirShares

You can now download the wallet from the above link

All other advanced features will be added in sometime next week.

Hi Barwizi,

Is this a stable and functioning wallet ? Or is it better to wait untill a definite wallet is available ?

And can you please tell which file the newest wallet is ?
I see alot of documents and I'm not quite sure which one is the latest wallet.

Thank you !

"The Blade that was Broken shines again!"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: