Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:34:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 [1864] 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2435 blocks  (Read 5350122 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
Vlada69

Activity: 238
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:10:29 AM

I mine at a profit, I will mine at a loss.  I mine period. Why do I mine Bitcoin? Why would I mine Bitcoin even at a loss? The Fundamentals, Fundamentals, Fundamentals. Unless those change, I MINE ON WITH KANO-SAN!!! If you are watching each price drop or price increase, if you are calculating Profit and Loss for each block, you are looking at the trees and not the FOREST!! Critically thinking about Bitcoin is required to understand a few things but the primary thing to understand is? Bitcoin is THE Crypto Currency that all others are compared to, has a very small total amount to ever exist AND all other Cryto's pale in comparison to the $$$ invested in it. Don't be a fool, always, always, always, FOLLOW THE MONEY!!! Mine On With KANO-SAN!! The Best Bitcoin Mining Pool on Earth!! BTCBTC Come on Luck!!

Geez guess we have our anthem. Everybody please stand up Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Par Avion

Activity: 99
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:49:28 AM

I mine at a profit, I will mine at a loss.  I mine period. Why do I mine Bitcoin? Why would I mine Bitcoin even at a loss? The Fundamentals, Fundamentals, Fundamentals. Unless those change, I MINE ON WITH KANO-SAN!!! If you are watching each price drop or price increase, if you are calculating Profit and Loss for each block, you are looking at the trees and not the FOREST!! Critically thinking about Bitcoin is required to understand a few things but the primary thing to understand is? Bitcoin is THE Crypto Currency that all others are compared to, has a very small total amount to ever exist AND all other Cryto's pale in comparison to the $$$ invested in it. Don't be a fool, always, always, always, FOLLOW THE MONEY!!! Mine On With KANO-SAN!! The Best Bitcoin Mining Pool on Earth!! BTCBTC Come on Luck!!

Mining is a busisness. To treat it in any other way is foolish.

The maths are simple. You either make money or you lose money. When you’re losing money you e failed and you close shop.
gaud

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:14:18 AM

Mining is a busisness. To treat it in any other way is foolish.

The maths are simple. You either make money or you lose money. When you’re losing money you e failed and you close shop.

actualy better to restucture find a new way and make money again. you dont need to pay for hydro rent a place with hydro includes and fill it with miners
Nick_01

Activity: 94

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:45:00 AM

it's time to break the block Wink
nazzer

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:02:19 AM

C'mon crack it down the line!

Vega 56 | Vega 64 | RX580 | GTX1070 | 1050Ti | S9 | L3+
Experimenter

Activity: 76
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:53:44 AM

The payout is a single transaction about 30-50K bytes - and usually with a low 42k sat fee.
Ah, so it can be a single transaction. Ok, this is clear.

I put it in our work so that our next block after it's sent out will confirm it.
However, it can be confirmed before that - like of late since blocks are not very full all the time and thus fees are low.
Edit: Of course, all our work is with unconfirmed transactions - you can't include a transaction that's already confirmed in another block Smiley
How is the work of pools controlled? How other pools know we have some work (unconfirmed transactions) pending? Is there some governing network to synchronize the pools? Or is all the alignment / syncing done by the pools themselves?

When pools are looking for the next block, do all of them look for the same block (so content of the block is known and fixed before the block is found) at any given time ? Or do they just look for "their own" block that is getting its number only after it is found? Still, on what point is it decided what transactions are included into a particular block?
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:14:50 AM
Merited by suchmoon (1)

The payout is a single transaction about 30-50K bytes - and usually with a low 42k sat fee.
Ah, so it can be a single transaction. Ok, this is clear.

I put it in our work so that our next block after it's sent out will confirm it.
However, it can be confirmed before that - like of late since blocks are not very full all the time and thus fees are low.
Edit: Of course, all our work is with unconfirmed transactions - you can't include a transaction that's already confirmed in another block Smiley
How is the work of pools controlled? How other pools know we have some work (unconfirmed transactions) pending? Is there some governing network to synchronize the pools? Or is all the alignment / syncing done by the pools themselves?

When pools are looking for the next block, do all of them look for the same block (so content of the block is known and fixed before the block is found) at any given time ? Or do they just look for "their own" block that is getting its number only after it is found? Still, on what point is it decided what transactions are included into a particular block?

That's the BTC Blockchain - that everyone must adhere to the majority rules governing it, to ensure their block is accepted by everyone else.

We all look for a block at the 'next height' and record in that work the hash of the previous block (among other things).
Whoever finds it first, tells everyone else about it, then we all switch up a block and continue on in the same manner.

Transactions are just whatever, whoever knows about them, but when you find a block you have to provide details (in one way or another) of all the transactions in it to everyone else.
Then everyone else will flag those transactions as confirmed and the inputs spent - so they can't be spent again.

There's only one catch in the whole process.
If 2 (or more) pools/miners find a block at the same height at about the same time.

It's very simple how it's handled though:
2 pools send out their blocks.
Everyone else gets these 2 blocks in some somewhat random order based on how connected they are to the 2 pools who found them.
Whichever block you get first is the one you will (usually) switch up to and work on.
Some time after this, someone will find the next block ... and that will decide the previous winner, it will be whichever of the 2 blocks they included the hash of the previous block in their block.

Thus it's implied that whoever found their block first, in the original 2 duplicate height blocks, is most likely to get it out first to the most of the other pools/miners and is most likely to win.
Of course that's not guaranteed, someone could get lucky and confirm their own block, even if no one else saw it first, but it's usually the case Smiley

Edit: and of course this could happen with the next block also and thus have a chain of undecided blocks - but that's ever so unlikely, but will again be solved the same way.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Experimenter

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:43:11 AM

We all look for a block at the 'next height' and record in that work the hash of the previous block (among other things).
Whoever finds it first, tells everyone else about it, then we all switch up a block and continue on in the same manner.
Ahh, so the "cracking" of a block is actually a process to find a proper hash for the previous block?

So when we found that hash (a block), we add all the transactions we think we want to include in our block, and then we send it to the network so that all pools start working to find the next hash - for the block we just announced?

There's only one catch in the whole process.
If 2 (or more) pools/miners find a block at the same height at about the same time.

It's very simple how it's handled though:
2 pools send out their blocks.
Everyone else gets these 2 blocks in some somewhat random order based on how connected they are to the 2 pools who found them.
Whichever block you get first is the one you will (usually) switch up to and work on.
Some time after this, someone will find the next block ... and that will decide the previous winner, it will be whichever of the 2 blocks they included the hash of the previous block in their block.

Thus it's implied that whoever found their block first, in the original 2 duplicate height blocks, is most likely to get it out first to the most of the other pools/miners and is most likely to win.
Of course that's not guaranteed, someone could get lucky and confirm their own block, even if no one else saw it first, but it's usually the case Smiley

Edit: and of course this could happen with the next block also and thus have a chain of undecided blocks - but that's ever so unlikely, but will again be solved the same way.
Hugh, this is cool! Smiley
I never thought of it from this point of view!
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:10:48 PM

Ahh, so the "cracking" of a block is actually a process to find a proper hash for the previous block?

So when we found that hash (a block), we add all the transactions we think we want to include in our block, and then we send it to the network so that all pools start working to find the next hash - for the block we just announced?
We create a work item that contains a list of things - as mentioned above: the hash of the previous block - another is the "merkle hash" which is a hash of all the transactions we are including.

You can't change anything about the work after you find a block, you have to set it all up beforehand.
The work sent to miners has already chosen the transactions, the previous hash and a few other things.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 12:28:41 PM

In reference to Kano's Posts on this page:

There is no other Pool Operator in Bitcoin mining, who explains these important details, in an educational manner. This is a key component of this pool. Even before I was an "official member", I learned ALOT about Bitcoin, and it's health, from the many pages
in this Thread. This pool has the GREATEST support, hands down!!!

If you're new here, or to the Bitcoin community, do yourself a favor and READ every page. Every topic, has pretty much been covered.

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
Experimenter

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:13:56 PM

You can't change anything about the work after you find a block, you have to set it all up beforehand.
The work sent to miners has already chosen the transactions, the previous hash and a few other things.
Ah, perfect! I think I get it now!

Thanks a lot, Kano!!!

There is no other Pool Operator in Bitcoin mining, who explains these important details, in an educational manner. This is a key component of this pool. Even before I was an "official member", I learned ALOT about Bitcoin, and it's health, from the many pages
Fully agreed!

If you're new here, or to the Bitcoin community, do yourself a favor and READ every page. Every topic, has pretty much been covered.
I have to admit I didn't read all the 1800 pages. Sad
But even by following this thread over the last few weeks, I got answers to most of my questions already!
Thanks a lot to Kano and everyone here for making complex things so easy to understand!
clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:51:25 PM

Looks like the pool hash rate is still growing...and making the ramp shorter Cheesy
Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 03:02:30 PM

Looks like the pool hash rate is still growing...and making the ramp shorter Cheesy

As is the number of users. My agenda for the day, is working on Kano Pool promotion. I've been looking into translating some of my
word phrases into Chinese, as chauski01, has suggested. There is a HUGE audience of BTC miners out there, and my goal is to let
them see the benefits of Kano's Pool. So far, things are going great, and I'm at the top of the mine!

If anyone is on Twitter,  look up Kano Pool@kanobtc ( run by padrinogtr) , or my personal Shazam!!!@ShazamBTC or #takeminingback

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
gaud

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:29:12 PM

In reference to Kano's Posts on this page:

true is bests community pool iv seen. on the other note i guess an empty block is one with jst the previous block in it ? and antpool dose this jst to make sure there blocks get confirmed ?
firetreeactual
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:04:31 PM

I've been mining since the white paper...from solo to pools. I had to move my hash for a few weeks recently, but that was purely a tactical move and my own fault for having to do it. I started mining with Kano in Jan 2016, after a period with Slush and one other that shall remain "a-nani-mouse." I've earned good coin in my two years here, even as a small miner.

I'm glad to see the pool hash increase. I'm here because of the transparency, and because I have never seen any indication to give me pause on the veracity.

Thank you, Kano, for what you do...and how you do it.

Kiss

To infinity and beyond...on two 741s and one of only 3...nope, make that 4...full nodes in Hawaii...on <30A. (I have other gear on the Hoth ice planet)
Megaquake

Activity: 630
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 05:14:59 PM

I have 3 Avalon 841 coming in march/April, anyone know of some hosting possibilities

Mines at Kano.is best profit in the world!

在Kano.is的BTC
wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:43:35 PM

I have 3 Avalon 841 coming in march/April, anyone know of some hosting possibilities

I just sent all my miners to KPM Hosting in Quebec. They're more expensive than some of the other options, but they had capacity, provided the proof they're legit, and have been good to work with.
selfblumpkin

Activity: 119

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:54:07 PM

I've got a question regarding the 5n.

Lets say i have 17 S9's and i don't want to point them all at kano to build the 5n.

If i sent one of them there until my account hits the 5n, then put the other 16 there, do those other 16 have to ramp up to 5n too?

From what i can tell, with how shifts work, this would be a valid plan.

Thanks!
Mark Baum

Activity: 51
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:59:25 PM

Profits are so low right now....how can any "hosting service" be profitable for the unit owner???
Jeremiah1610

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:59:45 PM

No, ramp up is for your total hash rate. Each miner would have to "ramp up". However, if you have one die, you could plug in a spare and it would "take over" that ramp/hash.
Pages: « 1 ... 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 [1864] 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: