Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:47:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S4 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 301198 times)
hobbymd

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 10:21:58 PM

If you believe the item was defective, you can return the miner to the following address immediately without obtaining the prior authorization, however, if the device is not under warranty or turned out to be a mis-diagnosed unit, there will be a return shipping fee and diagnostic fee be billed to you before the package be send out...

Bitmain Warranty
3700 Quebec Street #100239
Denver, Colorado 80207
USA

Telephone: +1-844-248-6246

Average Turn Around Time for non-preauthorized RMA, be 2-3 business days before it is send out.

Required printed Bitmaintech.com order confirmation page and brief description of what is wrong with the unit. (Please make sure to include a phone number and e-mail address, so one of the techs can reach you if they have questions)

* WARRANTY IS EXCHANGE TO A FUNCTIONING ITEM ONLY.  THERE WILL BE NO REFUND.

Bitmain - Every hour we're down we're losing money.  What is your ETA on getting us the new firmware???

Based on their previous record - about 7+ weeks........

Is that before or after the the 2 months of sending screenshots to convince them there is an issue?

Who are you? Your number is plastered all of the internet for all manner of things.

That phone number and the address belongs to Bitmain's support @ North America . The reason I know is because I had to RMA a s3+ blade from my batch 9 since it stopped working shortly after I received the miner.
Nonetheless , my RMA process went very smooth since I got the replacement blade at my door in less than 2 Days.  I would recommend anybody needs RMA support call that phone number (they also have one for EU but I can't remember the number) you'll get much quicker result instead of trying to contact bitmain on this forum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 10:36:24 PM

Well, I'd rather have a buggy unit ASAP as opposed to having them test them and drive the difficulty up in the process before I get my miners. To be honest when it works it works very well. Happy to have it so quickly after ordering.

Well, I'm happy you're happy  Smiley

Myself, for that price, I'd prefer not to be treated like a guinea pig beta tester on a miner that might work on certain pools if I'm lucky while hoping my hash power is going where it's supposed to go...... Wink

Hindsight and all that jazz. Here's hoping by the time/if you decide to buy one you'll get a bug free miner.

What? no dumb fck. lots of ppl here already warned you. But you're too stupid to see.... dont call it hindsight, retard.

If you're too dumb to understand what we're talking about, you should refrain from posting.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 10:41:02 PM

I held back because of price but that looks as if it is the least of the S4's problems. Hope for Bitmain these are just isolated incidents,

Same here. I have never had an issue with any of my old S1's or current S3's. Something about Bitmain making big miners seems to mess everything up.

At least the S2's worked.......once you'd re-assembled them.......sort of........ Cheesy

And replaced the underpowered, crappy Enermax PSU with a good one.  Wink
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 10:45:27 PM

If you believe the item was defective, you can return the miner to the following address immediately without obtaining the prior authorization, however, if the device is not under warranty or turned out to be a mis-diagnosed unit, there will be a return shipping fee and diagnostic fee be billed to you before the package be send out...

Bitmain Warranty
Denver, Colorado 80207
USA

Average Turn Around Time for non-preauthorized RMA, be 2-3 business days before it is send out.

Required printed Bitmaintech.com order confirmation page and brief description of what is wrong with the unit. (Please make sure to include a phone number and e-mail address, so one of the techs can reach you if they have questions)

Bitmain - Every hour we're down we're losing money.  What is your ETA on getting us the new firmware???

Is that before or after the the 2 months of sending screenshots to convince them there is an issue?

Would you happen to have access to a beta of the upcoming firmware?
ImogenV

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 10:53:29 PM

Is there a Dogie's miner setup guide for the S4?
dkaufman

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 10:58:12 PM

Does anyone know what username and password could I use for SSH access to S4? The device is freezed but SSH is live.
Thx.

ssh username is root, and the password for the S4 is "admin"

I've been ssh'ed into mine.  Contemplating upgrading cgminer myself... Dare I?  The author posted an ant miner-patched version and instructions (well, for the S3 I think)...

Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:00:40 PM

Does anyone know what username and password could I use for SSH access to S4? The device is freezed but SSH is live.
Thx.

I've been ssh'ed into mine.  Contemplating upgrading cgminer myself... Dare I?  The author posted an ant miner-patched version and instructions (well, for the S3 I think)...

I suck at Linux, but I'd like to ssh into a few of my miners to see what's going on behind the curtains. How would I go about seeing cgminer once I'm connected?

Edit: Gave screen -r a try and that worked. Any other tricks I should know? Tried the same on an Innosilicon A2 Terminator, but it isn't the right command.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:17:25 PM

Thx.

I've been ssh'ed into mine.  Contemplating upgrading cgminer myself... Dare I?  The author posted an ant miner-patched version and instructions (well, for the S3 I think)...

I suck at Linux, but I'd like to ssh into a few of my miners to see what's going on behind the curtains. How would I go about seeing cgminer once I'm connected?

Edit: Gave screen -r a try and that worked. Any other tricks I should know? Tried the same on an Innosilicon A2 Terminator, but it isn't the right command.

send me btc and i will tell you.....
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:18:30 PM

Thx.

Address?
seriouscoin

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:25:26 PM

Thx.

Address?

1QAHVyRzkmD4j1pU5W89htZ3c6D6E7iWDs
Look and see how many "donations" i got.
heslo

Activity: 1160
Merit: 943

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:30:47 PM

Bitmain Warranty
Denver, Colorado 80207
USA

Bitmain - Every hour we're down we're losing money.  What is your ETA on getting us the new firmware???

Who are you? Your number is plastered all of the internet for all manner of things.

I'll tell you who they are... look at the address, belongs to the con artists at MinerSource
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 11:31:03 PM

If you are on windows, you can use a free SSH via GUI

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

Type in the IP address of your Antminer, then username root, password admin

*Please BE VERY CAREFUL as you will have full ROOT access and any unintended modification may make the miner not hash.  You can always restore the changes by re-imaging the microSD card with the factory stock image on http://www.bitmaintech.com support page.

Thx.

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:34:26 PM

Thx.

Address?

Too bad you didn't post your actual address, I would have liked to send you a donation to help you move out of your step-mom's basement. Ah well, your loss. 
GWilkiejr

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:37:44 PM

Hey guys - is anyone actually mining with an S4 right now?  I am still mining at 2 Th/s locally but 200 Gh/s on any pool I connect to....  Any suggestions?
seriouscoin

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:38:17 PM

Thx.

Address?

Too bad you didn't post your actual address, I would have liked to send you a donation to help you move out of your step-mom's basement. Ah well, your loss. 

Are you in grade school? no wonder you cant even see bad investment right in front of your eyes..... Go ahead spend most of your energy to keep those miners of yours mining close to specs...... so you lose couple hundreds bucks LESS.

seriouscoin

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:39:17 PM

Hey guys - is anyone actually mining with an S4 right now?  I am still mining at 2 Th/s locally but 200 Gh/s on any pool I connect to....  Any suggestions?

Yes.... sell it to another sucker. There are alot in here, not hard to find.

ownClass

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:42:43 PM

My 3 Days with 2 S4's

Both of my S4's are running stock settings and always read ~2TH/s on the miner.  The poolside hashrate is very different though.

24 Hour on Eligius: ~100GH/s

24 Hours on Eclipse: 1600-1700GH/s

24 Hours on BTC Guild: ~2TH/s (after manually setting the diff to 2048)

The problem seems to be that the pool and miner are not resolving the dynamic difficulty properly.  Eligius stick to 128 and results in sh*t for hashrate.  Both Eclipse and BTC Guild settle on 1.8k for the difficulty and yield 1.6-1.7TH/s.  If you manually select 2048 from the difficulty menu on BTC Guild I get 2TH/s poolside.

NO ONE IS STEALING YOUR HASHRATE.  The firmware obviously needs some work in order to properly resolve the variable diff.  In the meantime i'm obv mining on BTC Guild with 2048 Diff manually selected.

I'm not looking for a solution, or troubleshooting help from anyone as i've alread done the necessary troubleshooting.  (ie factory reset, cable swaps, settings, blah blah)  I'm just presenting data of my experience with 2 S4 miners and confirming there is a problem.  I can provide screenshots, but don't really think I need to waste my time with that.

TLDR;
Mine on BTC Guild and manually set the difficulty to 2048 until the new firmware is released.
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 11:43:41 PM

We are not affiliated with Minersource.net or Miner Hosting LLC.  

They may have used the address at 3700 Quebec St, however, 3700 Quebec st is a shopping/office center.

Every package will be signed and video recorded as they come in by the UPS, and Panera Bread is located within the same shopping center.

http://www.stapletondenver.com/directory?district=30

There are a few other bitcoin related businesses in colorado receive mails at the local UPS Store within the shopping center.

In the near future, Walk-In drop off may be offered at Denver Bitcoin Center, but, that arrangement is not yet active.

This USA address is one of the options.  You can always request RMA/Warranty via PM to Bitmain or info@bitmaintech.com or webmaster@bitmaintech.com

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
sjc1490

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:53:18 PM

They may have used the address at 3700 Quebec St, however, 3700 Quebec st is a shopping/office center.

Every package will be signed and video recorded as they come in by the UPS, and Panera Bread is located within the same shopping center.

There are a few other bitcoin related businesses in colorado receive mails at the local UPS Store within the shopping center.

In the near future, Walk-In drop off may be offered at Denver Bitcoin Center, but, that arrangement is not yet active.

This USA address is one of the options.  You can always request RMA/Warranty via PM to Bitmain or info@bitmaintech.com or webmaster@bitmaintech.com

Are you and if so affiliated with Bitmaintech the actual manufacturer of the S4? Thanks

BTC ADDRESS: 12Qwd8VKLQ4xF44ytHXBpCAKuF9VknG4X2
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 11:59:09 PM

Please arrange your address and phone number to be published on bitmaintech.com website. The community is very distrustful (for many good reasons) and a noob forum account asking to ship miners without prior contact is obviously raising all sorts of red flags.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: