Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:54:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRW] CROWN (MN-PoS) | Platform | NFT framework | Governance | Masternodes  (Read 316607 times)
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 08:09:23 PM

It would be good if more people here could share their opinion on the distribution share to supernode operators and vote! Smiley

Poll has been reset, please select 3 option from the list

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1482502.msg14941115#msg14941115

Personally I don't support it at all. And there is no option for that.

What would you suggest?

If the community isn't behind this 100%, i wont go along with it.
We need as many people as possible to be in support of masternodes for it to work.

The reason I don't support it fully is that, you already have merged mining support and from that you should be bringing in enough dedicated nodes. Try contacting some merge mining pools to get crw added. Possibly offer them a bounty to do so. But so far the crown network has been strong. It's mining that's the issue. And trying to solve a mining issue with more nodes, by bringing in masternodes doesn't affect that issue much, if at all.

Merged mining has yet to contribute a large amount of full nodes to the network, from what i can tell we're currently running on bare bones full nodes.

I asked around at merged mining pools and the general response was "not enough liquidity/support".

Sorry what's the issue with mining?
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 06:20:19 PM

It would be good if more people here could share their opinion on the distribution share to supernode operators and vote! Smiley

What would you suggest?

We need as many people as possible to be in support of masternodes for it to work.

The reason I don't support it fully is that, you already have merged mining support and from that you should be bringing in enough dedicated nodes. Try contacting some merge mining pools to get crw added. Possibly offer them a bounty to do so. But so far the crown network has been strong. It's mining that's the issue. And trying to solve a mining issue with more nodes, by bringing in masternodes doesn't affect that issue much, if at all.

Merged mining has yet to contribute a large amount of full nodes to the network, from what i can tell we're currently running on bare bones full nodes.

I asked around at merged mining pools and the general response was "not enough liquidity/support".

Sorry to clarify myself a bit more, the issue is that there isn't enough people mining. And using masternodes to solve this issue doesn't affect it much if at all. If the mining pools say there isn't enough liquidity for them to dump. Provide some it doesn't have to be a LOT. But helping to provide liquidy on the market would be a good thing. Even setup a bot to do some legitimate buying/selling instead of faking the liquidity and buying/selling to yourself. Start with the smaller pools first. Ones that have multiple merged mining coins on the pool already. And would be easy for the operator of the pool to add CRW.
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 11:54:42 AM

What would you suggest?

Sorry to clarify myself a bit more, the issue is that there isn't enough people mining. And using masternodes to solve this issue doesn't affect it much if at all. If the mining pools say there isn't enough liquidity for them to dump. Provide some it doesn't have to be a LOT. But helping to provide liquidy on the market would be a good thing. Even setup a bot to do some legitimate buying/selling instead of faking the liquidity and buying/selling to yourself. Start with the smaller pools first. Ones that have multiple merged mining coins on the pool already. And would be easy for the operator of the pool to add CRW.

Im not trying to solve any mining issues. Crowncoin has merged mining for that.
Im looking at the full node issue.

Getting more people to mine crown won't affect full node numbers much, adding basic nodes on the other hand will.
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2016, 12:26:16 PM

I've been thinking about this, & the more I do, the more I'm inclined to agree with infernoman. PR & marketing is the real issue here, or lack of it.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 02:19:20 PM

I've been thinking about this, & the more I do, the more I'm inclined to agree with infernoman. PR & marketing is the real issue here, or lack of it.

I know because I'm dealing with the issue myself currently. I'm just trying to provide a bit of insight so that money isn't spent on efforts wasted. Which could also lead to a clouded code base if you have multiple dev's working on it. I don't want to push any buttons at all with anyone. Just trying to help where I can, since I know the team is still putting some effort in and they haven't abandoned the project. PR & marketing is a hard subject for sure. Just make sure to keep at it, and keep trying to find new things.

The reason I say it's a mining issue is that IF more pools add crw. More wallets will come online as well. the market liquidity will rise. And people may want to hold CRW as more of an asset.
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 07:19:30 PM

I know because I'm dealing with the issue myself currently. I'm just trying to provide a bit of insight so that money isn't spent on efforts wasted. Which could also lead to a clouded code base if you have multiple dev's working on it. I don't want to push any buttons at all with anyone. Just trying to help where I can, since I know the team is still putting some effort in and they haven't abandoned the project. PR & marketing is a hard subject for sure. Just make sure to keep at it, and keep trying to find new things.

The reason I say it's a mining issue is that IF more pools add crw. More wallets will come online as well. the market liquidity will rise. And people may want to hold CRW as more of an asset.

More pools won't bring a substantial amount of full nodes. If every MM pool mined CRW it would add 20, max!

With masternodes (or whatever we call them) we could be looking at 250 full nodes within 6 months and 500 within 18 months.

We're currently talking to another developer of another coin to discuss adding masternodes.
He has his own thoughts on how masternodes should operate.

Once we have everything agreed, i'll come back to the community.
But until you can come up with a better idea to attract hundereds of full nodes, we're going to keep planning.
IconFirm

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2016, 07:33:10 PM

More pools won't bring a substantial amount of full nodes. If every MM pool mined CRW it would add 20, max!

That's not quite true - miners who use merge mined pools would more than likely have their own wallets also. If just one pool had 200 miners, then they would more than likely have a CRW wallet to withdraw their coins to. Times that by 20 (pools) & the number will be far more accurate. Also, p2pool users who merge mine CRW run full wallets.

With masternodes (or whatever we call them) we could be looking at 250 full nodes within 6 months and 500 within 18 months.

Where are you getting this info from?

But until you can come up with a better idea to attract hundereds of full nodes, we're going to keep planning.

We did. More PR & marketing. Get the word out there.

ED: I also think you shaoul add the option in the poll to say no to masternodes (or whatever you want to call them).

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 11:10:24 PM

That's not quite true - miners who use merge mined pools would more than likely have their own wallets also. If just one pool had 200 miners, then they would more than likely have a CRW wallet to withdraw their coins to. Times that by 20 (pools) & the number will be far more accurate. Also, p2pool users who merge mine CRW run full wallets.

ED: I also think you shaoul add the option in the poll to say no to masternodes (or whatever you want to call them).

1. Most pool miners won't have a Crowncoin wallet open 24/7/365. Most will send coins straight to an exchange to sell and will never see a qt wallet.
    We need full nodes that are active all day, all year and their sole purpose to be a full node.
    Dash has around 4000 full nodes right now thanks to masternodes. No amount of MM will ever get us to anywhere near 400 let alone 4000.

2. It's speculation. Based on relative comparable marketcap (bitcredits) has a marketcap of $40k and has 250 'basenodes'.
    This is achievable within 6months imo.

3. Again, no matter how much advertising or promo we do, we'll never get the results masternodes will provide.

crowncoin_knight

Activity: 805
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2016, 03:11:28 PM

Hi Infernoman!

Thank you very much for your opinion - I really appreciate it since you are one of the first guys here on this discussion. We are now 70pct inclined towards supernodes for several reasons. I think that crowncoin needs to get out of bitcoin shadow and look for inspiration in other sucessful projects like dash and ethereum. In the long term - bitcoin will be killed by chinese mining pools and we have to learn from its mistakes and be open for new progressive ideas - so the network is not controled by huge pools - but several thousand supernode operators - this is a move towards a more democratic and secure network!

1. Can you imagine you would run a supernode when this gets implemented?

IconFirm

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2016, 05:01:58 PM

The individual under this nickname - iconfirm is a former knight who left the project. He is now very upset he left the project - because he acts before thinking...

Also, he left for a project which wants to integrate crowncoin......and supernodes is a feature that would potentially threaten this integration.

This is the reason why he is against everything the knights decide to do. But he has 0 influence on further development now

Just to be sure everyone here is aware of this fact.

What?  Cheesy

First of all - "he" is a "she" as I explained to you earlier.

Secondly, I was & have never been involved in this project. I do however mine it & have done since the coins launch & still run 2 full nodes 24/7.

Thirdly:

Also, he left for a project which wants to integrate crowncoin.

Did I?  Please tell me which project that would be, as I'm not aware of being involved in any projects whatsoever, including this one.

Lastly - asking for the option in your poll to not have masternodes can hardly be described as "against everything the knights decide to do."

I'm a bit confused by your statements actually, & your reasons for posting such untruths.

But hey, it's your coin, do what you want with it.

IconFirm

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2016, 08:26:26 PM

On ignore you go - put a skirt on tonight  Wink a cheap trick in the cryptocurrency world

That's fine.

Thank you for the detailed & mature explanation.

defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 09:40:06 AM

On ignore you go - put a skirt on tonight  Wink a cheap trick in the cryptocurrency world

That's fine.

Thank you for the detailed & mature explanation.

I don't have a clue what's going on here.

Can we keep the conversation to current development? The issue of paid full nodes it hot.
We are very close to agreeing on methods of implementation and i'd like as many people on board as possible.

I'm still unconvinced that adding paid full nodes to Crowncoin is a bad thing. Infact, IMO they will benefit Crowncoin.
From what i'v been told the team is behind the move and agree it'll be beneficial to Crowncoin.

Also with the implementation of paid full nodes, crowncoin will become unique in it's own right. Crowncoin will become the
first crypto currency that has merged mining with bitcoin and masternodes. This will attract new fans and investors, subsequently
making Crowncoin more appealing to merge mine. More pools will pick us up and hashrate will rise.

We will have one unbelievably secure network, with potentially over a P/h of consistent network hashrate and 250 full nodes within 6 months!

How is this bad?

Some speculation on paid full node income

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x4KjbxtqGPKghajJb3scJBL6ED3B_CCBbYES6N6CR28/edit#gid=631622617
IconFirm

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2016, 11:10:03 AM

I don't have a clue what's going on here.

Me neither  Cheesy

Very strange statements from your "knight".

Still, it looks like you've already decided, so I'll just see how it all unravels.

defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 11:22:23 AM

All info on development will be updated on here ASAP
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 07:52:48 PM

From what i'v been told the team is behind the move and agree it'll be beneficial to Crowncoin.

I can agree that it will bring SOME nodes. But nowhere near what your planning because you don't have near enough marketing or miners to do so. Who wants to setup a masternode for a coin when blocks aren't being processed by miners? Or the difficulty is too high because miners left? I myself only run full nodes for Transfercoin. And I do run masternodes for Transfercoin as well. BUT that is my project. I have the funds to run masternode's for other coins but choose not to. Because the payment for running the node doesn't cover the resources used.
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 05:25:55 AM

I can agree that it will bring SOME nodes. But nowhere near what your planning because you don't have near enough marketing or miners to do so. Who wants to setup a masternode for a coin when blocks aren't being processed by miners? Or the difficulty is too high because miners left? I myself only run full nodes for Transfercoin. And I do run masternodes for Transfercoin as well. BUT that is my project. I have the funds to run masternode's for other coins but choose not to. Because the payment for running the node doesn't cover the resources used.

You can pick up a vps for $2 these days.

look at the 100 node section on this sheet. As long as its profitable to host a node, people will

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x4KjbxtqGPKghajJb3scJBL6ED3B_CCBbYES6N6CR28/edit#gid=0
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 10:39:59 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2016, 11:09:08 AM by defunctec

----- Crowncoin Thrones Implementation Update -----

Crowncoin will soon become the first crypto currency with merged mining and Thrones (masternodes).

The coinbase reward will stand at 60%/40% to miners and Thrones (6 CRW per block to miners and 4 CRW per block to Thrones, currently.)

The collateral needed will be 10,000 CRW to take a seat. In the future, when we have a healthy established group of Thrones the amount needed for collateral will be considered to drop.

Basicly we're trying to incentivise more long term full nodes on the network.

We hope to be testing within the next 24 hours!

If you want to see this project succeed, please help out in testnet.
More info on testing coming soon.

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 03:30:39 PM

I'm looking to buy a fairly large amount of CRW.  PM me if interested in selling.

Would prefer to trade on an exchange to save using escrow.
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 03:48:57 PM

I'm looking to buy a fairly large amount of CRW.  PM me if interested in selling.

The bounty for adding Thrones has a significant amount of Crowncoin as part of the deal.
The dev may not want to keep all the coins we give him.

So I can ask him and at what price he'd like to sell at

Pm me an around figure you wanna buy

Welcome Smiley
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 03:51:43 PM

The bounty for adding Thrones has a significant amount of Crowncoin as part of the deal.
The dev may not want to keep all the coins we give him.

So I can ask him and at what price he'd like to sell at

Pm me an around figure you wanna buy

Welcome Smiley

I've got my budget...the amount I want to buy depends entirely on how many are for sale and at what price Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: