Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:18:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRW] CROWN (MN-PoS) | Platform | NFT framework | Governance | Masternodes  (Read 316607 times)
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2016, 10:45:03 PM

That done the trick.

Repo must be full of uneeded stuff I reckon - maybe dev could give it a clean out to reduce the download size? 750Mb is rather large  Wink

Haha, he's well aware of the problem and will fix asap.

Stone received his first payment, wont be long until your's.

Are you going to donate your coins to the dev pot, or keep them? If you keep them, think of it as a testing reward Tongue

I'm obviously doing something wrong, no payments & when I input throne start I get:

Code:
not capable throne: Could not connect to *.*.*.*:9340

Any chance of that guide?

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 11:11:34 PM

That done the trick.

Repo must be full of uneeded stuff I reckon - maybe dev could give it a clean out to reduce the download size? 750Mb is rather large  Wink

Haha, he's well aware of the problem and will fix asap.

Stone received his first payment, wont be long until your's.

Are you going to donate your coins to the dev pot, or keep them? If you keep them, think of it as a testing reward Tongue

I'm obviously doing something wrong, no payments & when I input throne start I get:

Code:
not capable throne: Could not connect to *.*.*.*:9340

Any chance of that guide?

Does your .conf look like this?

rpcuser=***
   rpcpassword=****
   listen=1
   server=1
   daemon=1
   externalip=149.56.15.75
   throne=1
   throneprivkey=***********************
IconFirm

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2016, 12:51:03 AM

rpcuser=***
   rpcpassword=****
   listen=1
   server=1
   daemon=1
   externalip=149.56.15.75
   throne=1

Nope. Mine doesn't have the externalip line in it, I never saw any mention of that anywhere - I presume it should be my IP then?

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 09:19:55 AM

rpcuser=***
   rpcpassword=****
   listen=1
   server=1
   daemon=1
   externalip=149.56.15.75
   throne=1

Nope. Mine doesn't have the externalip line in it, I never saw any mention of that anywhere - I presume it should be my IP then?

Yes, the IP of the machine hosting your Throne.
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 09:21:49 AM

Right, I set up five thrones yesterday and they are all receiving the correct block reward payment.

I think it is time to go full steam ahead to get other people up and running with thrones and to encourage everybody to update to the latest version.

Sadly we are having a few problems compiling the QT version.  Hopefully this will be sorted in the next day or so (maybe sooner) but in the meantime, people are very welcome to compile from source.

Would anybody be interested in a bounty for writing a guide on how to compile from source and set up a throne?
IconFirm

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2016, 11:00:37 AM

The long answer will be in the guide I post in the next day or two.

I thought you were going to do it  couple of weeks ago, which is why I kept asking about it.  My thrones still aren't getting payments despite adding the "externalip" line to my conf & restarting them.

As there is only one or two people who have got their thrones working, it makes sense that they do the guide for everyone else - no?

defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 01:36:57 PM

My thrones still aren't getting payments despite adding the "externalip" line to my conf & restarting them.

Is this still the case? What's your Throne public address?

Edit: Did you add the "externalip" to both local and remote .conf?
IconFirm

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2016, 06:03:26 PM

My thrones still aren't getting payments despite adding the "externalip" line to my conf & restarting them.

No, because I didn't know I had to, because there is still no setup guide.

It really would be so much easier if you just wrote the setup guide you said you would a couple of weeks ago - then everyone would know what it required instead of guessing.

defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 07:16:27 PM

No, because I didn't know I had to, because there is still no setup guide.

It really would be so much easier if you just wrote the setup guide you said you would a couple of weeks ago - then everyone would know what it required instead of guessing.

Im just guessing here... I guessed right. Im a noob and not the best guy to make a guide
IconFirm

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2016, 08:18:24 PM

So, I'm seeing 8 thrones listed, most of those are owned by one person. Those 8 thrones are now getting, what was it - 40% of every mined block?  Meaning every miner is now earning 40% less for mining while 1 or 2 people are getting paid for running throne nodes?.....

"Hey everyone, we now have thrones that pay 40% of miners proceeds to you - but we won't tell you how to set one up."

Great.  Well worth mining atm then.....

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 05:43:09 AM

So, I'm seeing 8 thrones listed, most of those are owned by one person. Those 8 thrones are now getting, what was it - 40% of every mined block?  Meaning every miner is now earning 40% less for mining while 1 or 2 people are getting paid for running throne nodes?.....

"Hey everyone, we now have thrones that pay 40% of miners proceeds to you - but we won't tell you how to set one up."

Great.  Well worth mining atm then.....

Please don't be so cynical.

I am running 5 of the 8 thrones.  All coins that I receive between when I set them up 1.5 days ago and when we launch them properly will be GIVEN AWAY.  I'm not the only person who has publicly agreed to this.

We have not posted how to run a throne because none of us know how to set one up well enough to tell somebody else how to do it.

The dev is currently at sea on a boat with limited internet access and his opportunities to write guides and work on code will be restricted for a few days.

Having said that, he has managed to write a guide that I am hoping to test and publish within the next few hours.
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 10:09:21 AM

If anybody is very keen to set up a Throne you can follow this excellent guide.

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/taos-masternode-setup-guide-for-dummies-updated.2680/

All you need to do is replace the word DASH with Crowncoin and the word masternode with throne and instead of using 1000 Dash, use 10,000 CRW.  This is because thrones use the same 2nd tier implementation as DASH.  If it works well, why change it?

I am going to produce a Crowncoin version of the guide tonight for publishing tomorrow.  I'm hopeful that we will finally have a windows QT build before then too.

IconFirm

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 11:12:37 AM

I am going to produce a Crowncoin version of the guide tonight for publishing tomorrow.

Thank you, although you did say the same a few weeks ago, but better late than never  Smiley

I'm not being cynical, I'm stating fact. You said over 3 weeks ago:

But still didn't do so, despite me reminding you on several occasions.

Stating that you haven't done so "because none of us know how to set one up well enough" doesn't wash, because you've all set your own thrones up & are running them - at the expense of every miner on the network. For over 3 weeks you & a select few others have been taking 40% of every miners work, that's a very tidy sum.  Saying that the proceeds you've taken from miners will be "GIVEN AWAY" will not make miners OK with that, because they have not been given either a choice or chance to run a throne like a select few are doing.

This throne rollout should have been fully tested on testnet first, then relased to the public with a clear & precise guide enabling everyone to be able to set up a throne to offset the 40% loss of mining revenue. That way, you wouldn't have to "GIVE AWAY" the proceeds you are taking from every miner.

I was sceptical of this throne business from the start because I knew that if it wasn't done correctly it would only be the miners who would lose out. As it turns out, I have been proven 100% correct so far.

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 11:37:34 AM

Yup, apologies for the delay.  The person I asked to help didn't deliver which meant that I had to try to work it out myself.

I don't want to tell people how to set up a throne if the instructions are incorrect.

My thrones have been running for 1.5 days, not three weeks.

I understand your concerns but this scenario was not intentional. Payments wouldn't be happening if pools and miners hadn't updated to the version to pay thrones.  They have done this voluntarily and there was nothing we could have done to stop them doing this.

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 11:40:52 AM

Can you elaborate why you are skeptical about Thrones so that I can try to address your concerns?
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 05:06:41 PM

I am going to produce a Crowncoin version of the guide tonight for publishing tomorrow.

Thank you, although you did say the same a few weeks ago, but better late than never  Smiley

Stating that you haven't done so "because none of us know how to set one up well enough" doesn't wash, because you've all set your own thrones up & are running them - at the expense of every miner on the network. For over 3 weeks you & a select few others have been taking 40% of every miners work, that's a very tidy sum.  Saying that the proceeds you've taken from miners will be "GIVEN AWAY" will not make miners OK with that, because they have not been given either a choice or chance to run a throne like a select few are doing.

This throne rollout should have been fully tested on testnet first, then relased to the public with a clear & precise guide enabling everyone to be able to set up a throne to offset the 40% loss of mining revenue. That way, you wouldn't have to "GIVE AWAY" the proceeds you are taking from every miner.

I was sceptical of this throne business from the start because I knew that if it wasn't done correctly it would only be the miners who would lose out. As it turns out, I have been proven 100% correct so far.

You sound very competent at the whole crypto thing... Why haven't you offered your expertise to the barebones dev team we have?

We could really have used you brilliant organisation and critical skills, damn man! We messed about for months trying to make Thrones a thing, and you could have just done it all perfectly for us!

O well.
crowncoin_knight

Activity: 805
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 05:52:08 PM

The role of this person called iconfirm is to destabilize the board here - criticizing every move of this coin: especially Thrones. The benefits of Thrones are clear - it was mentioned here many times, and we are moving forward in order for regular people to get coins through a simple vps....stabilizing the infrastructure around this project through several thousand of Thrones supernodes. But it does not end there - it is just the beginning, because Thrones will have several essential benefits even for the bitcoin network itself in the near future....

IconFirm

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 06:30:28 PM

You sound very competent at the whole crypto thing... Why haven't you offered your expertise to the barebones dev team we have?

One does not need to be a crypto genius or coder to see what I have pointed out above, it is basic common sense.

Everything I have said is fact, gathered with quotes from yourself.

If you think that taking 40% of every miners income using thrones that only you and one or two others are able to configure is fair & reasonable - that's fine. If you think that not providing a guide on how to setup a throne (like the 5 you are running) so that the main supporters of the network, the very miners you are taking revenue from, can set up a node & recover their lost revenue is fair & reasonable - that's fine also. Surely you can't be surprised that miners are upset with what you are doing though?

I am not anti this or anti that, despite what your abusive, sexist crowncoin_knight thinks. I am pro fairness & pro transparency though, & what has happened here is neither of those, no where near. As long as you & the other 1 or 2 select few are taking 40% of miners income while holding back on providing info on how your miners & supporters of the network can do the same, it will continue to be unfair, unjust, unreasonable & just plain wrong.

You are stealing miners income. I have removed crowncoin from my hashing pool & encourage everyone else to do the same until you do as you said you would over three weeks ago & give everyone a level playing field with equal opprtunities for everyone, instead of a few chosen ones.

defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 07:53:43 PM

One does not need to be a crypto genius or coder to see what I have pointed out above, it is basic common sense.

The issue is not seeing the problems, dear sir. The problem is the issues.

We really could use dem skills!
crowncoin_knight

Activity: 805
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 08:06:44 PM

Very dirty game you starting to play pal taking words out of senteces and turning them around: there must be something behind, maybe you have a lot of CRW Smiley)

1. 5 people are working on Thrones function including 2 very experienced devs, yes its taking a little more time than expected, so what?
2. This is testing mode - as mentioned here - do you really care about few hundred CRW valued at 0 that will be given to bounty anyway? Somebody needs to test it, why dont you help if you care so much about crw? The guide was posted here and the guys here always tried to help when you asked. Even myself dont have a throne yet, and I dont care because when wallets are finished I will set many thrones up. This is not facebook
3. New wallets and a guide for dummies will be posted here very soon - sorry the guys working on this are doing it because they are keen about the idea, not because they will get paid a lot of money, if you really cared about crw, you would give a helping hand instead of criticizing
4. Miners are upset? What are you talking about? They have been informed and this has not been enforced!

And dont talk about fairness when your approach is not fair at all! You are turning facts and are negative about things here instead of being a positive force!

Everything I have said is fact, gathered with quotes from yourself.

If you think that taking 40% of every miners income using thrones that only you and one or two others are able to configure is fair & reasonable - that's fine. If you think that not providing a guide on how to setup a throne (like the 5 you are running) so that the main supporters of the network, the very miners you are taking revenue from, can set up a node & recover their lost revenue is fair & reasonable - that's fine also. Surely you can't be surprised that miners are upset with what you are doing though?

I am not anti this or anti that, despite what your abusive, sexist crowncoin_knight thinks. I am pro fairness & pro transparency though, & what has happened here is neither of those, no where near. As long as you & the other 1 or 2 select few are taking 40% of miners income while holding back on providing info on how your miners & supporters of the network can do the same, it will continue to be unfair, unjust, unreasonable & just plain wrong.

You are stealing miners income. I have removed crowncoin from my hashing pool & encourage everyone else to do the same until you do as you said you would over three weeks ago & give everyone a level playing field with equal opprtunities for everyone, instead of a few chosen ones.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: