Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:51:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRW] CROWN (MN-PoS) | Platform | NFT framework | Governance | Masternodes  (Read 316603 times)
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 09:03:02 AM

Hi all, i work at sea, with limitied internet connection, ive been working on getting a windows wallet compiled, but so far i have managed to compile the command line tools, which stonehdge will publish soon, we have asked another to compile the qt wallet, waiting for that to be delivered...

i run 1 throne since yesterday afternoon on one of my servers, all proceedings go to the bounty pool until instructions and wallets are released...

long term plan is to have one of my servers autocompile for all platforms whenever changes are done to the git.(windows, Mac, Linux x86/amd64, and raspberry pie (hopefully))

i have cleaned up the git, so the bloat has been removed

Have a nice day. :-)

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crowncoin_knight

Activity: 805
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 09:21:36 AM

Thank you very much Chaositech! Appreciate very much your involvement and effort you are engaging in Crowncoin!

Hi all, i work at sea, with limitied internet connection, ive been working on getting a windows wallet compiled, but so far i have managed to compile the command line tools, which stonehdge will publish soon, we have asked another to compile the qt wallet, waiting for that to be delivered...

i run 1 throne since yesterday afternoon on one of my servers, all proceedings go to the bounty pool until instructions and wallets are released...

long term plan is to have one of my servers autocompile for all platforms whenever changes are done to the git.(windows, Mac, Linux x86/amd64, and raspberry pie (hopefully))

i have cleaned up the git, so the bloat has been removed

Have a nice day. :-)

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1624

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 09:53:41 AM

If a miner doesn't want to pay thrones, they don't have to update their software at the moment.  We have no plans to turn on enforcement until there has been an entirely level playing field for some weeks.

Obviously we will enforce throne payments in the future but at the moment the only miners and pools to have upgraded have done so VOLUNTARILY and in support of the project.

CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 10:20:20 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2016, 11:02:49 AM by CHAOSiTEC

Very quick and dirty semi instructions for setting up a throne...

Start crowncoind

Wait till its been synced

crowncoin-cli throne genkey

Save this for later

crowncoin-cli getaccountaddress "0"

Send coins to this address wait for 15 confirmations

Add
throne=1
privkey= genkey generated key

To you crowncoin.conf
Restart with
crowncoin-cli stop
crowncoind

Wait 1 minute then write
crowncoin-cli throne start

link to command line windows tools: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mvtykd90iiitzxm/crowncoin-cmd.zip?dl=0

Please notice.. these instructions are from the top of my head if a command is wrong use crowncoin-cli help

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 10:33:28 AM

When the Windows QT is ready we'll update the OP with all builds.

IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 11:03:10 AM

..the only miners and pools to have upgraded have done so VOLUNTARILY and in support of the project.

That's not true at all.

Many, if not most pools & miners compile their wallets from source & there is absolutely no mention of "VOLUNTARILY" joining any project either on the github page, in the OP of this thread or the website - meaning anyone who compiles their wallets from github are having 40% of their mining earnings taken from them without their consent or knowledge.

This should have been made clear before it's release on mainet. So no, nobody is voluntarily giving you 40% of their mining income, you are stealing it.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 11:06:39 AM

..the only miners and pools to have upgraded have done so VOLUNTARILY and in support of the project.

That's not true at all.

Many, if not most pools & miners compile their wallets from source & there is absolutely no mention of "VOLUNTARILY" joining any project either on the github page, in the OP of this thread or the website - meaning anyone who compiles their wallets from github are having 40% of their mining earnings taken from them without their consent or knowledge.

This should have been made clear before it's release on mainet. So no, nobody is voluntarily giving you 40% of their mining income, you are stealing it.

How do you propose we rectify this?
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 11:19:20 AM

That's not true at all.

Then please use commit 302d89381c64a5e4d18989782959c04250d555b6

If you do not want to pay thrones until the time it is enforced..

Second part of this is... how is it stealing if we are giving it away to the community in bounties... which will help further the goals of crowncoin and also help to bring more value to crowncoin.. or do you think it's should be the devs that pays it out of own pockets.. I. E. Besides not getting paid the we should also pay from own pockets to better the value of crowncoin without you lifting a finger and just enjoy the profits.. because that is exactly what it sounds like right now...

IconFirm

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 11:22:58 AM

That's not true at all.

You do what you should have done in the first place & as I explained earlier:

Remove it from mainet so that miners & pools are not having 40% of their income creamed from their income without their knowledge.
Put a clear notice on the OP of this thread, the webste & the github page explaining what will happen when the latest wallets are released to the public & include a clear & precise guide on how to activate the new wallets before they are released on mainet with a date of when this will happen.
Return the coins stolen to their rightful owners.
Apologise to everyone affected.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 11:31:04 AM

That's not true at all.

You do what you should have done in the first place & as I explained earlier:

Remove it from mainet so that miners & pools are not having 40% of their income creamed from their income without their knowledge.
Put a clear notice on the OP of this thread, the webste & the github page explaining what will happen when the latest wallets are released to the public & include a clear & precise guide on how to activate the new wallets before they are released on mainet with a date of when this will happen.
Return the coins stolen to their rightful owners.
Apologise to everyone affected.

You do realise that we contacted miners and pools directly to offer them the update?

I appreciate that there is a chance that somebody has downloaded the update without being aware of the new block reward structure and I will address that as a matter of urgency but you really are over dramatizing things.

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 11:33:52 AM

And for the record, if there are any miners or pools out there who downloaded the update without being notified about the new node payments then please get in touch with me directly and I will refund you for the blocks that you solved.
IconFirm

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 11:36:26 AM

Second part of this is... how is it stealing if we are giving it away to the community in bounties...

Sorry, but that's a pathetic excuse.

If your bank manager took 40% of your account balance & said the same thing - would that make it OK with you? Of course not.

Stop trying to make excuses for your mistakes, if it was a mistake, which I'm not sure it was anymore.

CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 11:43:19 AM

Second part of this is... how is it stealing if we are giving it away to the community in bounties...

If your bank manager took 40% of your account balance & said the same thing - would that make it OK with you? Of course not.

Stop trying to make excuses for your mistakes, if it was a mistake, which I'm not sure it was anymore.

Let me put this as clearly as I possibly can... all actions can be followed on the blockchain including where funds go.. and we will create an account for bounties it cannot get more transparent than this.. you can follow the path of all coins...

But let me put all this in perspective my throne has generated 60 crw over the last 24 hours... current value if being bought at highest bid is 0.00021 so... give me your pools address and I will send that to you...

And again your not addressing all my points.. you do seem very inclined to want to pick a fight...

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 11:49:17 AM

I personally don't intend to make excuses. 

We are we we are.  The best I can do right now is to take steps to stop anybody updating without knowledge of throne payments and offer a refund to any miners who feel they were misinformed.

At the moment, I believe that the majority if not all groups using the new version were aware.  I don't think it is right or fair to accuse of us of deliberately stealing. 

Updates will follow today.
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 11:56:49 AM

Crowncoin Project Update 05/07/2016

What are Thrones?

Thrones are paying nodes on the Crowncoin network.  Throne operators will earn 40% of the Crowncoin block reward in return for providing services via their Thrones.

​How do I get a Throne?

In order to operate a Throne 10,000CRW collateral is required.  Thrones along with guides on how to set one up will be released in the coming days.

If you can't wait, you're welcome to compile and set up a Throne from source if you know what you are doing.

How much do they pay?​ 

A forecast for Throne finances can be found here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x4KjbxtqGPKghajJb3scJBL6ED3B_CCBbYES6N6CR28/edit#gid=0

Throne payments are currently underway.  Every time a miner who has updated to the latest version solves a block, 40% of the block reward will be paid to a Throne.  Enforcement will not be turned on until the majority of the network is on the latest version.  Please update using the latest Github build.  Windows binaries will follow shortly.

What will thrones do?​

Thrones, apart from strengthening the Crowncoin network, will form the basis of a two tier service network.  An exciting announcement about the first planned service for the Throne network will be made in the coming weeks.  The Crowncoin team believes that the first planned service will propel Crowncoin to the forefront of altcoin R&D.

New Team Members

Stonehedge has joined the team to help with project management and PR. Chaositec has joined the team as part of the Development Team and will be working on improving the quality and timeliness of wallet builds and will also be setting up some useful applications relating to Thrones.

What next?

A roadmap detailing the next steps will be published on 6th July 2016.
IconFirm

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 01:19:10 PM

We are we we are.  The best I can do right now is to take steps to stop anybody updating without knowledge of throne payments and offer a refund to any miners who feel they were misinformed.

At the moment, I believe that the majority if not all groups using the new version were aware.  I don't think it is right or fair to accuse of us of deliberately stealing. 

@stonehedge,

Thank you for looking at the problems from a miner/pool ops perspective & finally addressing my/their concerns.

Yes, stealing is a strong word & one I don't like to use any more than you like to hear it - but it is what it is. When something is taken from someone else without their knowledge or consent, it is stealing - weather intentional or not, the word is the same. I think it is also worth mentioning that the amounts taken are not so much the issue, it is the percentage - 40%, which is a large amount, that was the bigger issue.

The rollout of thrones has been pretty shambolic from beginning to this point in time tbh, but I am happy that someone on the crowncoin team has finally decided to address the issues instead of trying to make excuses or posting abusive comments - & for that I commend you. Hopefully others on your team will follow suit.

I look forward to seeing the thread OP, the website & gitrepo updated with clear information about the state of play regarding thrones so that everyone who wishes to get involved will fully understand what software to use & how to use it. When this has been done & I see that any coins requested to be returned are done so, I will consider pointing my hash back at CRW & supporting the network again.

crowncoin_knight

Activity: 805
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 01:29:26 PM

Welcome guys!

Crowncoin Project Update 05/07/2016

What are Thrones?

Thrones are paying nodes on the Crowncoin network.  Throne operators will earn 40% of the Crowncoin block reward in return for providing services via their Thrones.

​How do I get a Throne?

In order to operate a Throne 10,000CRW collateral is required.  Thrones along with guides on how to set one up will be released in the coming days.

If you can't wait, you're welcome to compile and set up a Throne from source if you know what you are doing.

How much do they pay?​ 

A forecast for Throne finances can be found here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x4KjbxtqGPKghajJb3scJBL6ED3B_CCBbYES6N6CR28/edit#gid=0

Throne payments are currently underway.  Every time a miner who has updated to the latest version solves a block, 40% of the block reward will be paid to a Throne.  Enforcement will not be turned on until the majority of the network is on the latest version.  Please update using the latest Github build.  Windows binaries will follow shortly.

What will thrones do?​

Thrones, apart from strengthening the Crowncoin network, will form the basis of a two tier service network.  An exciting announcement about the first planned service for the Throne network will be made in the coming weeks.  The Crowncoin team believes that the first planned service will propel Crowncoin to the forefront of altcoin R&D.

New Team Members

Stonehedge has joined the team to help with project management and PR. Chaositec has joined the team as part of the Development Team and will be working on improving the quality and timeliness of wallet builds and will also be setting up some useful applications relating to Thrones.

What next?

A roadmap detailing the next steps will be published on 6th July 2016.

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 01:39:48 PM

@stonehedge,

Thank you for looking at the problems from a miner/pool ops perspective & finally addressing my/their concerns.

Yes, stealing is a strong word & one I don't like to use any more than you like to hear it - but it is what it is. When something is taken from someone else without their knowledge or consent, it is stealing - weather intentional or not, the word is the same. I think it is also worth mentioning that the amounts taken are not so much the issue, it is the percentage - 40%, which is a large amount, that was the bigger issue.

The rollout of thrones has been pretty shambolic from beginning to this point in time tbh, but I am happy that someone on the crowncoin team has finally decided to address the issues instead of trying to make excuses or posting abusive comments - & for that I commend you. Hopefully others on your team will follow suit.

I look forward to seeing the thread OP, the website & gitrepo updated with clear information about the state of play regarding thrones so that everyone who wishes to get involved will fully understand what software to use & how to use it. When this has been done & I see that any coins requested to be returned are done so, I will consider pointing my hash back at CRW & supporting the network again.

One of the problems we have at the moment is that we have several devs who work part time on the project and indeed many of us have day jobs that have lead to things not being as organised as they should be.

It is my responsibility to ensure that this improves.
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 02:24:28 PM

@stonehedge,

One of the problems we have at the moment is that we have several devs who work part time on the project and indeed many of us have day jobs that have lead to things not being as organised as they should be.

Nd that is why I'm working on getting a build server running

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 03:54:00 PM

@stonehedge,

Nd that is why I'm working on getting a build server running

Do that and you'll be a popular man. Having trouble finding a dev with a working windows build environment!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: