Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632640 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 05:37:35 PM

ohh, nice, I became a Baron!

may I request a haw now? Smiley

I would also like to withdraw the moneritos from my quarry acc

(haw) Yes, you may!

(moneretos) Baroness Asenath can help in the dissolution, she is the CEO.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 11:44:30 PM

RWWC  IPO

Current situation:

700 million @ 1.00  HM The King
-----------------------------------------
0 million left

(offer the amount that you want to invest, and the max price at which you are willing to do it, because the offering is for fixed monetary value, not fixed number of shares)

This is a new venture and the profitability scales linearly with the future volume of building. The profitability per window is uncertain at present, we estimate that the production cost is about 35% of the current retail. If the company had existed from 1430 to this day, it would have already made 2,000 million profit.

1,000 shares can be converted by using Science. When 1,000 SCI are converted, the technology is unlocked.

HM already owns 450 shares from selling the lot.

It is getting costly that the University Chancellor has not given the command to build the main building (whose plans have been ready about a decade now, and financing transfered years ago). The windows monopoly is something that could be researched as a University effort easily, for everyone's benefit. The town is not building research centres for the very reason that University should be doing it.

The Town Housing Company (THC(tm))

THC is now given to the Town shareholders as dividend. If you want to buy more shares, max at a time is 500, and it works a bit differently than other companies:

New shares are created and money goes to company. It's a stock offering that is always on (or a mutual fund, if you like). Likewise, if you sell, you delete your shares and take money from the company account.

It now has 11x blocks of flats, see /THC tab for details.

The daily dividend is now optimized to be 0.62%, paid automatically and financed from the free cash flow only, no gimmicks.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 12:56:25 AM

Esteemed buildings vote

The time has come for the Esteemed buildings vote. The number of buildings has greatly increased, so there are many vacancies. Current situation:

Most Esteemed

Royal Palace
Obelisk

Esteemed

Cathedral(*)
Town Hall(*)
Grand Hotel(*)
Noble Palace(*)
Citadel(*)
Theatre(*)
House of Magnificence

ONE Most Esteemed building will be chosen from among the (*) marked ones, and
FOUR Esteemed buildings from among any buildings in the town.

Everybody is free to promote their candidates.

Royal vote:

*Town Hall
Arco di Sergiu 1-S-N1
The Town Palace of the Prince of New Liberty 1-C-F1
The Palace of Culture & Science 3-C-A1
The Violin Making School 1-NE-T3

Zechariah vote:

*Theatre
Hungus Art Gallery 1-E-T2 (Tsurugajo)
Zechariah Palace 1-N-Z1
Forte Spagnolo Haw 1-S-F
Villa Rotonda 1-SE-V29

McHaggis

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 10:19:18 AM

I would like to take you up on the offer of the NE tower that has been occupied by my troops. What price did you have in mind?

For the esteemed buildings vote I pick the following:

Town Hall(*)
Citadel
Theatre
Noble Palace
Grand Hotel

I will order special hearts and minds training for my troops to assist them in tax collecting, I fear their military training would have hardened their minds to the plight of the common man.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 04:40:58 PM

I would like to take you up on the offer of the NE tower that has been occupied by my troops. What price did you have in mind?

Checked that in the area, land is about 90/q, and the tower was 62 million, so giving the building at half the price, how does 210 million sound?

I will order special hearts and minds training for my troops to assist them in tax collecting, I fear their military training would have hardened their minds to the plight of the common man.

You nobles are being trained here to go out and help the peasants with their troubles. There are so many things they cannot do themselves. Better organization of the countryside means better security for them, and the taxes they pay gladly because it is all for their good. That the taxcollectors bear arms is just an old custom, it does not mean anything in our modern age. If any of the peasants do not agree with these basics, perhaps there is something wrong with his understanding, and a clinic is probably needed. After all, without government, there is no health or happiness - anything that looks like it is suspicious.

djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 10:29:11 PM

Esteemed buildings vote

The time has come for the Esteemed buildings vote. The number of buildings has greatly increased, so there are many vacancies. Current situation:

Most Esteemed

Royal Palace
Obelisk

Esteemed

Cathedral(*)
Town Hall(*)
Grand Hotel(*)
Noble Palace(*)
Citadel(*)
Theatre(*)
House of Magnificence

ONE Most Esteemed building will be chosen from among the (*) marked ones, and
FOUR Esteemed buildings from among any buildings in the town.

The Marquess of North Face
Most Esteemed
Grand Hotel

Esteemed
CryptoMuseum - 1-E-T5
Jacket Palace - 1-N-J9
Villa Rotonda 1-SE-V29
The Violin Making School 1-NE-T3

Troy
Most Esteemed
Grand Hotel

Esteemed
CryptoMuseum - 1-E-T5
Jacket Palace - 1-N-J9
Hungus Art Gallery 1-E-T2 (Tsurugajo)
Villa Rotonda 1-SE-V29
Roopatra

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 09:30:16 AM

RWWC  IPO

Current situation:

0 million left

(offer the amount that you want to invest, and the max price at which you are willing to do it, because the offering is for fixed monetary value, not fixed number of shares)
Roopatra offers to buy
10 million @ 1.05
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 09:41:57 AM

RWWC  IPO

Current situation:

0 million left

Does everyone pay the same price? If so, then Smooth IF bids for 20 million worth @ 2.0.

McHaggis

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 10:33:04 AM

Checked that in the area, land is about 90/q, and the tower was 62 million, so giving the building at half the price, how does 210 million sound?

That sounds great, I should have the Crypto Kingdom Gold in my account to pay that, I think the exchange rate is pretty decent at the moment as well.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 10:56:04 AM

That sounds great, I should have the Crypto Kingdom Gold in my account to pay that, I think the exchange rate is pretty decent at the moment as well.

The exchange rate between gold and land is indeed pretty decent for holders of the former  Cheesy

Shrishti

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:04:02 PM

Do you need to put in money to play this game? Is it working?
Can anybody post the link of the game?
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:19:40 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 04:32:53 PM by rpietila

No need to put money in, it's freemium.

All game resources are linked in the OP of this thread.

djjacket

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:32:35 PM

If you have any questions you want to ask in realtime, you can join the ##crypto-kingdom IRC channel on freenode. 
The citizens and nobles of the kingdom are usually available there to answer any questions and to get you started.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 09:20:55 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 11:44:23 PM by rpietila

Important update

List of updates for the 1600 A.D. version with schedule coming

It is one month to go until 1600, which will greatly change the game dynamics, because the time is passing only one month per real-day (and may be moved to pass continuously instead of stepwise).

The Town Council is discussing about which features we need/want to keep up with the story. We are in a position to launch some in advance, to make their balancing easier and keep the design workflow constant.

We are moving to the new player acquisition phase gradually. At present we want both investors who see the opportunity to capture a several % stake of the game with a few $1,000 investment (so even less is a big money!), and entry level players willing to play for free and see what they can achieve (Currently the highest "free" player is in L10 - Countess, the 13th most senior PC in the game).

The current DB easily supports 5 times the number of PC we have now (assuming most of them start small, and a percentage gets hooked over the first weeks as is already observed). If we actually do get this number, the DB can be protected so that its life is extended. It has served us reasonably well in its first incarnation, and the current "entry row form + SUMIF/VLOOKUP" structure. There is a further possibility to move to macros and "actual" forms to add/edit data in the DB (with no direct access to change the data by anyone, improving security), but we don't expect that this will be needed any more due to the change to the custom DB that has been under development for 3 months and is in the finishing stage.

We want to spare no effort to make the game accessible to new players. While saying this, it remains a fact that the large masses can only start to be interested when the v. 4 Online is playable. It is free to register now, just contact any of the admins who take your minimum character info, and start to immediately earn money. ##crypto-kingdom @ freenode IRC is the way to get more info.

Culture

HH The Duke of New Liberty is awarding culture points daily to players who interact in the chat, in this thread, or anywhere. Being Cultured is a main way to gain a higher level and (for example) higher payouts as well.

Science

The Science production in the realm has increased greatly, and in just a few years we have enough science to unlock the "crown glass windows making" technology. This will be monopolized by the RWWC company, to grant monopoly profits to its shareholders for the foreseeable future. It is also possible to buy shares of this company in its IPO now, and probably never again. Browse back the thread for details.

New boroughs opened

The /OV1 tab shows the location of the new boroughs in a rudimentary map.

Borough 4 is the first one where the Town fulfills its promise of giving land strictly free, with no payment to the town, and no tax. It is a little interesting, though Wink See the special rules in /OV4.

Borough 5 does not have special rules, and has some quarry sites where the companies who see their reserves depleting, can relocate their production. Land here is sold per chapelry, at a decreasing ask price (Dutch auction), until it settles to 1,000 mil per chapelry (6.67 mil/q). In addition, the Town will possibly soon list the roadside for sale at about 20-40/q and backyard at 10-20/q.

Surprise move by the peasants regarding stone

The peasants have decided that both they and we have enough stone that they can deliver the whole of the remaining stone staking by gold ownership in one go. This added more than 20 million stone to the reserves, but it's unlikely that it will much affect the price, since the stone was not anyway going to be consumed in the next 30 years.

So gold is no more generating any stone, and there is no asymmetric staking. It generates moneretos as it has already done for weeks, and now is technically easy to be listed in the trading systems of Polonia if we and they so wish. (Our currency, moneretos, is commonly used in that land, and staking in this way is none of a problem, rather an encouragement for them to try and buy CKG as well).

Stone is now localized by borough, transport costs

Until now, it has been easy to use stone that is located nearest to the site of building, and just transfer the ownership on parchment. This was the invention of the Earl of Rome in 1434. In the 1400s, the stone was stored in a great heap in the Central Square, but due to Grand Hotel complaints, it was moved to area in and around Citadel. Now it may be that the construction site is so far from even the nearest stone that it needs to be transported. Even if the road is good (and double so if not), this is a costly procedure since our buildings consume enormous amounts of stone. The University alone, was 50 million kg of stone. Luckily that was right next to the Citadel and the heaps. But hauling the stone to the 4th borough (where quarrying is not possible locally) understandably has a cost. Details can be found in the new tabs T_STONE and STONE (the old tabs are discontinued):

Promotions

The Prince of New Liberty is created Duke. "Our goal has been to have 100,000 players, of whom about 0.05% would eventually attain the title of Duke and the corresponding level L13, the highest regular title in the game (there is L14 existing, but its use has not been codified yet due to it not being needed). Everyone knows that His Highness The Duke (only Dukes are entitled to the honorific HH, and the address Your Highness) is a pillar of our town, kingdom and world. His plans of building a 52 quadrat project in the Old Town dwarfs the (so far the largest building complex) The University Main Building by a factor of 2. His economic empire is perhaps the largest in the game. It may sound to others that becoming a Duke after such an example shows that it is impossible, but the target remains for 50 Dukes to be created in connection of getting the first 100,000 players  Cheesy His Highness' most outstanding virtues are still not his ability to build big and make money, but the helping of the poorest and smallest, with a kind heart, and remarkable steadfastness in the IRC."

The Marquess of North Face is promoted Prince. "His Excellency The Prince is among the largest owners and operators of everything, including being top-rated in both Culture and Science, CEO of the Most Ancient Grand Hotel, as well as other businesses. His ascent to highest echelons of the game has been methodological and effective, and he has demonstrated magnanimousness in his endeavours as well as perhaps the keenest business sense of all."

Lord Paulson is created Earl. "Sir Pablo has served decades as Councillor and tried his skill in many aspects of the game. Although we find his benevolence lacking in monetary terms, he is making it up with a neverending stream of proposals how to administrate and develop the game. Also he is one of the most cultured people around, due to the bold and groundbreaking decision to open the first $$$$$$ restaurant, El Bulli, in the town."

Lord HH is created Earl. "Sir Heimo has reached the statutory 60 days of ownership of 10,000 gold. During this time, the price of gold has risen 145%, notwithstanding the about 13% dividends plus stone staking."

drfred is ennobled (L9=Baron). "We withheld this gold-based promotion a long time due to the previous rule of also needing clothes to become a Baron. This rule is no longer applied so 4,000 gold is making Lord drfred a Baron, and we will deal with the clothes issue later when the Trollboxes require the oldtimers to use fitting clothes to distinguish them from the visitors."

GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 11:30:56 PM

I would like to invest 3.5m in RWWC
Shrishti

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 11:41:51 AM

No need to put money in, it's freemium.

All game resources are linked in the OP of this thread.

I still cannot find out the games link can you paste it here? Whatever link i open the forum's page open's up.
I am totally confused is it a playing graphic game or just about buying and selling things mining,investing something..

If you have any questions you want to ask in realtime, you can join the ##crypto-kingdom IRC channel on freenode. 
The citizens and nobles of the kingdom are usually available there to answer any questions and to get you started.

Yeah sure thanks Smiley I just want the link couldn't find out here to play the game first.
djjacket

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:21:32 PM

I still cannot find out the games link can you paste it here? Whatever link i open the forum's page open's up.
I am totally confused is it a playing graphic game or just about buying and selling things mining,investing something..

Yeah sure thanks Smiley I just want the link couldn't find out here to play the game first.

Currently it not a graphical web-based game yet, but a buying, selling, and resource management game that will be eventually migrated to the web-based graphical game.  All current game transactions are tracked and recorded in the Google Sheets DB linking in the OP.

Getting started now would allow you to setup a player, learn the underlying game formulas and mechanics, earn moneritos, and participate in role playing over IRC channel.  Once you become familiar with the structure and game mechanics, you may be interested in learning a trade to earn additional moneritos by providing services to other players such as building design or other developing game trades.  A recent new player auditioned with some musical talent (IRL recording)  and was hired by the Noble Palace and earns a yearly (currently daily) salary in the game from the Noble Palace.

See below for information on creating a character and joining.  Many of the real-time questions can be answered via IRC channel.

We accept new players!

It is easy to enter the game as a new player! Just ask any of the admins (we are about 10 atm) to add your information in the /CHAR tab:
- BCT nick in column "B" in the new id's starting from 78
- Name in the game in column "C"
- Age of the character at start in column "O"
- Sex in column "R" (coded as Male(1), Female (0))
- Write the current year in the game in column "AD"
- Write "Visitor" in column "S".

A deposit is not required for starting. To get the game going, you can either/or/both ask donations and favors from the nobles who hang around in Freenode ##crypto-kingdom (or this thread), or make the deposit (contact "saddambitcoin" for payment id) and buy stuff.

The cheapest houses in the game are in 2-W chapelry, it is a peaceful area of 13 small houses in their own lots, no land tax. They take you up to Level 4. The already discounted price is 25 million (25 XMR), but as a special giveaway:

- the King is making 10 million off for new players
- the Bank is giving a 10 million loan against the lot (optional, nobody is forced to go in debt).

We purposefully leave raising the 5 million for your imagination Smiley

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:14:51 PM

RWWC  IPO

Current situation:

3.5 million @ inf  Haridimous
20 million @ 2.00  smooth IF
10 million @ 1.05  Roopatra
666.5 million @ 1.00  HM The King
0 million left

The share of the "pure monopoly profit" for windows in the University Main Bldg was 155 million.

We are astounded of the lack of interest, truly. This has happened before.

luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:34:40 PM

RWWC  IPO

Current situation:

0 million left

The share of the "pure monopoly profit" for windows in the University Main Bldg was 155 million.

20 million @ 1.50
djjacket

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:47:34 PM

RWWC  IPO

Current situation:

0 million left

40 million @ 1.5
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: