Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 06:35:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay |Decentralized Marketplace|Smart Contracts|IoT Tech|Markets Open  (Read 339419 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 03:30:49 AM

hmm an interesting thing about Bitmessage. So on my i7 to send a 100K photo it takes 3 minutes! I'm not sure how I feel about this. Perhaps when we redesign it, we lower the proof of work. In the meantime should I warn how long it will take to send?
Even worse, on my employees old laptop a normal message without a photo took a couple minutes for him to send. Its good for stopping spam but with whitelists and burn we wont need this.

Also, if you guys want to give an opinion on this. I'm trying to finish some nice user friendly features. I'm not going get them all done for the demo. But trying to get as many as I can. Things left to do...

First time setup user friendly wizard
Pay to email
Automatic signing of joint expenses(I can skip some of these for the next update)
detailed contract panel UI
checking for stalled bitmessages and sending again(I have been wanting to do this one for a while)
paying multiple addresses different amounts in one TX in advanced send tab
export history to csv
Make the BitBay UI prettier. It would be nice to make it as sexy as the Halo wallet.

This should not take me too long these are minor aesthetic details. But it may take a few more days. I could release now but why rush great things.

Arigatō for your efforts.

Domo arigato...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
hyunsookmom

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 03:57:15 AM

We already know these names, I was asking for more detail. What the plan is to bring these moving parts together. Who is even in charge of the project? David is chief dveloper only, right?

2 weeks ago you promised profile images coming soon. let's have them. It's great to promise during the sale but now you must give what was said when people were giving you BTC.
Your bitching about profile images? What is that going to prove to you exactly?
Someone drew mustaches on all the photos, they had to start over at scratch as all that was left to choose from were steamy revealing shots Shocked

You're adding nothing to the conversation. It will prove a lot, firstly it was promised so it shows the Bitbay is following through with promises and secondly it's easy to spit out a name and in most cases first names which can't be verifiable but a profile picture can't be faked so easily.

dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 04:06:40 AM

hmm an interesting thing about Bitmessage. So on my i7 to send a 100K photo it takes 3 minutes! I'm not sure how I feel about this. Perhaps when we redesign it, we lower the proof of work. In the meantime should I warn how long it will take to send?
Even worse, on my employees old laptop a normal message without a photo took a couple minutes for him to send. Its good for stopping spam but with whitelists and burn we wont need this.

Also, if you guys want to give an opinion on this. I'm trying to finish some nice user friendly features. I'm not going get them all done for the demo. But trying to get as many as I can. Things left to do...

First time setup user friendly wizard
Pay to email
Automatic signing of joint expenses(I can skip some of these for the next update)
detailed contract panel UI
checking for stalled bitmessages and sending again(I have been wanting to do this one for a while)
paying multiple addresses different amounts in one TX in advanced send tab
export history to csv
Make the BitBay UI prettier. It would be nice to make it as sexy as the Halo wallet.

This should not take me too long these are minor aesthetic details. But it may take a few more days. I could release now but why rush great things.

What about an asset exchange in the future?

This is an asset exchange. You can even barter with it. There is absolutely no limit to the type of contracts you do here. There is also a microtrader in BlackHalo
hyunsookmom

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 06:44:06 AM

Mr Hyun..

Just google for David Z ... you will find his image all over the web

I clearly asked for the guys behind the market and those contacts that will be part of making the real market happen. Not David.

Whats wrong with people, why the defensive head in the sand attitude to genuine questions, I'm just asking about the market which is pretty important to this project, now the team here promised photos, so I'm asking where they are and some more detail how the project will come together in the real world not a digital wallet. The fact is smart contracts is brilliant, I get it. But there are thousands of wannabe ebay clones on the internet. Bitbay definitely has a major selling point with smart contracts but I want to know more about these contacts and the nature of their connection to Alibaba etc.

If a project is legit, it can be questioned about without fear. 

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 06:55:31 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2014, 07:09:36 AM by unusualfacts30

Mr Hyun..

I clearly asked for the guys behind the market and those contacts that will be part of making the real market happen. Not David.

Whats wrong with people, why the defensive head in the sand attitude to genuine questions, I'm just asking about the market which is pretty important to this project, now the team here promised photos, so I'm asking where they are and some more detail how the project will come together in the real world not a digital wallet.

Thanks for calling me a monkey with a tiny brain. Sadly that is you cause I neither have owned or sold any BitBay, so who's the monkey?

ps the vol is 20 btc, not that low.

For someone who doesn't own any Bitbay you're asking too many questions. People who have invested don't care about bunch of profile pictures and if you don't own Bay then you need to stop caring about things that don't affect you.

Relax.

I already told you that photos will come when they're ready to release them. If you have your doubts then wait till they're released and then purchase if you feel comfortable. Right now smart contract is the first priority FOR every investor who is invested in BitBay. Stop distracting them from what they're working on. You don't own them..you don't even have any Bitbay. Just relax and have patience.

How the project will come together has been answered million times in this thread so please read all pages before asking  question that has already been answered 1000 times. It's irritating to see same question over & over. Information that is not released CAN'T be released and you have to deal with it until they're comfortable to release it. There is already so much competition in crypto world that anything that gets released before it's complete can damage long term investors as well as people who're working on this project.

Assume they provide you photo and full name  of every individual that is working on this project. What stops Fudders from fudding their facebook page with nonsense? NOTHING! They'll get harrased to death as soon as their personal info is posted on busiest crypto forum. Lets keep the headache to minimum for people who're doing the hard work.

Lets keep it as much as anon as possible.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
hyunsookmom

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 07:07:32 AM

Mr Hyun..

Whats wrong with people, why the defensive head in the sand attitude to genuine questions, I'm just asking about the market which is pretty important to this project, now the team here promised photos, so I'm asking where they are and some more detail how the project will come together in the real world not a digital wallet.

Thanks for calling me a monkey with a tiny brain. Sadly that is you cause I neither have owned or sold any BitBay, so who's the monkey?

For someone who doesn't own any Bitbay you're asking too many questions. People who have invested don't care about bunch of profile pictures and if you don't own Bay then you need to stop caring about things that don't affect you.

Relax.

I already told you that photos will come when they're ready to release them. If you have your doubts then wait till they're released and then purchase if you feel comfortable. Right now smart contract is the first priority FOR every investor who is invested in BitBay. Stop distracting them from what they're working on. You don't own them..you don't even have any Bitbay. Just relax and have patience.

Wait are you saying I can't ask legitimate questions about this project?

You make this project look scammy with your stonewalling. This is a thread to discuss the BitBay project and I will damn well ask questions and discuss it. If important questions are left unanswered then potential investors have the right to wonder why. People like you aren't really interested in the project you just want positive vibes till the price rockets and then you can walk away. Like I said you add nothing to the conversation, you're the flip side of FUD basically.

PS The question about profile photos is not directed at you but at the Bitbay team. Your not even though you might own a few BTC a spokesperson for the project, which is good news for everyone.

unusualfacts30

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 07:10:50 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2014, 07:21:54 AM by unusualfacts30

Mr Hyun..

Relax.

Wait are you saying I can't ask legitimate questions about this project?

You make this project look scammy with your stonewalling. This is a thread to discuss the BitBay project and I will damn well ask questions and discuss it. If important questions are left unanswered then potential investors have the right to wonder why. People like you aren't really interested in the project you just want positive vibes till the price rockets and then you can walk away. Like I said you add nothing to the conversation, you're the flip side of FUD basically.

Your questions are genuine and I didn't say you're Fudding but they've already been answered if you read the thread. Please read my post again specially last part.

"Assume they provide you photo and full name  of every individual that is working on this project. What stops Fudders from fudding their facebook page with nonsense? NOTHING! They'll get harrased to death as soon as their personal info is posted on busiest crypto forum. Lets keep the headache to minimum for people who're doing the hard work.

Lets keep it as much anon as possible."

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
hyunsookmom

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 07:30:22 AM

I never asked for their identities The Bitbay team said they were going to give them. That's a very different thing.

Plus I'm asking about the nature of the contacts and how they will actually leverage them into populating the market etc. They are legitimate and essential questions to ask about a marketplace project for goodness sake.

BitBay Team (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:07:07 AM

Hi Everyone

Please refrain from quoting trolls such as Barabas, J099, & AltcoinUK.  It just means we have to delete respected member posts also, and we of course would prefer not to delete posts from legitimate members of the community.

We have a busy week coming up. The thread is well over 100 pages now and people have occasionally had a hard time finding the specific information that has been given, so we are assembling a FAQ to gather this information into one place. Understandably, the Bay & Halo tech is new and not fully understood, so we felt it was important to consolidate this information in one place, along with some smart contract Q & A examples, etc.

The new website is on track to launch in the middle of the the week, and David has indicated that the new features in the wallet he has been discussing with you here on the thread will also be finished, enabling the wallet release.

We'll be posting the FAQ late afternoon CET on Monday and by then we should have more info on both the new website launch and the wallet release.

December can be a slow month in crypto, but it will  not be for Bay : -) Our marketing department has been developing some innovative and fun competitions for the community in December based on smart contract building, community outreach and more, with some nice Bay bounties for the winners as Christmas approaches. More info on that to come.

BitBay team
hyunsookmom

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:25:16 AM

Hi Everyone

Please refrain from quoting trolls such as Barabas, J099, & AltcoinUK.  It just means we have to delete respected member posts also, and we of course would prefer not to delete posts from legitimate members of the community.

We have a busy week coming up. The thread is well over 100 pages now and people have occasionally had a hard time finding the specific information that has been given, so we are assembling a FAQ to gather this information into one place. Understandably, the Bay & Halo tech is new and not fully understood, so we felt it was important to consolidate this information in one place, along with some smart contract Q & A examples, etc.

The new website is on track to launch in the middle of the the week, and David has indicated that the new features in the wallet he has been discussing with you here on the thread will also be finished, enabling the wallet release.

We'll be posting the FAQ late afternoon CET on Monday and by then we should have more info on both the new website launch and the wallet release.

December can be a slow month in crypto, but it will  not be for Bay : -) Our marketing department has been developing some innovative and fun competitions for the community in December based on smart contract building, community outreach and more, with some nice Bay bounties for the winners as Christmas approaches. More info on that to come.

BitBay team

Great! Look forward to learning more.

digicidal

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:32:24 AM

I never asked for their identities The Bitbay team said they were going to give them. That's a very different thing.

Plus I'm asking about the nature of the contacts and how they will actually leverage them into populating the market etc. They are legitimate and essential questions to ask about a marketplace project for goodness sake.

HERE YOU GO... Smiley

Now as far as your other questions - those are indeed valid questions which are both reasonable and legitimate to ask for, but if you expect a for-profit company to reveal everything about every aspect of their product/service before being ready to roll them out to the public I would hope you will be sadly disappointed.

There are tons of coins which have rolled out poor copies of anything interesting, often prior to the actual innovator being able to release their own product.  And this isn't a matter of investment necessarily... I own a few thousand dollars worth of AAPL... but I learned about iPhone 6, the watch, and Yosemite at exactly the same time everyone else did - doesn't mean I'm selling my stock however.
hyunsookmom

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:43:12 AM

HERE YOU GO... Smiley

Now as far as your other questions - those are indeed valid questions which are both reasonable and legitimate to ask for, but if you expect a for-profit company to reveal everything about every aspect of their product/service before being ready to roll them out to the public I would hope you will be sadly disappointed.

There are tons of coins which have rolled out poor copies of anything interesting, often prior to the actual innovator being able to release their own product.  And this isn't a matter of investment necessarily... I own a few thousand dollars worth of AAPL... but I learned about iPhone 6, the watch, and Yosemite at exactly the same time everyone else did - doesn't mean I'm selling my stock however.

I know you think you're serving this project. But you're actually damaging it.

Any company explains its strategy before people invest in it. I'm guessing you don't know much about the Business world. Go on Bloomberg and CNBC and you will get a line of people queuing up to tell people their strategy. Plus they already got the funding. Like I said the team here said they were going to give profile pictures then I expect them to so what they say. What so hard for you to understand in this?

Don't forget if there is something that can't be said then I'm suspicious its not legal. If so investors will want to know that. Otherwise outlining the plans for the market IS a completely valid question to ask and to answer.

Can you do me a favour and let the BitBay team answer any questions. You basically are a forum user, basically no one with any proven knowledge. 

CryptoBull

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:59:10 AM

Hi Everyone

BitBay team
Smiley thank you fot the information,can't wait to see all that positive attitude channels in a product Cool
Go bay go by Christmass i will have my black friday all over again Cheesy

Thanx

Captain Positive Cool
BAYproviser

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:17:30 AM

http://s24.postimg.org/jlt9k4ndh/nhu2_Y4k.jpg

Nice stuff keep up the Great work
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:28:44 AM

Oh yeah before I forget:

Happy Birthday David

digicidal

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:31:26 AM

HERE YOU GO... Smiley

There are tons of coins which have rolled out poor copies of anything interesting, often prior to the actual innovator being able to release their own product.  And this isn't a matter of investment necessarily... I own a few thousand dollars worth of AAPL... but I learned about iPhone 6, the watch, and Yosemite at exactly the same time everyone else did - doesn't mean I'm selling my stock however.

I know you think you're serving this project. But you're actually damaging it.

Any company explains its strategy before people invest in it. I'm guessing you don't know much about the Business world. Go on Bloomberg and CNBC and you will get a line of people queuing up to tell people their strategy. Plus they already got the funding. Like I said the team here said they were going to give profile pictures then I expect them to so what they say. What so hard for you to understand in this?

Don't forget if there is something that can't be said then I'm suspicious its not legal. If so investors will want to know that. Otherwise outlining the plans for the market IS a completely valid question to ask and to answer.

Can you do me a favour and let the BitBay team answer any questions. You basically are a forum user, basically no one with any proven knowledge.  

Well, you're wrong about my intentions... I'm not serving this project or any other really... I'm only serving myself (as an investor acquiring more BAY I'm perfectly happy with panic and despair at this point) and playing with you because I find you irritating.  You are right about my experience somewhat - I've long since sold the only two businesses I started and now I'm just an independent contractor (although it could be argued that it's still a business).  However, it's a public forum so I could just as easily ask you to stop posting anything until you have read the information that's already been posted as some of your questions have indeed been answered previously in this thread and in a few crypto-centric media sources over the past week.

I understand your concerns about legality - but this is crypto.  Bitcoin itself is illegal in many countries, the FBI has already shut down the two largest (to this point at least) crypto marketplaces on the grounds that they were illegal.  A number of exchanges and even individuals have been arrested for money laundering for trading cash for BTC without proper licensing.

I certainly hope that they (The BitBay team) follow through with their promises, and that they wow all of us with a fantastic service which we can both use and profit from as investors - but I also know that in almost every case someone is "very interested" yet not invested in anything... they're not actually anything that they represent themselves to be.  

It's cool... for your sake I'll just ignore you. Happy Thanksgiving and good luck in crypto... you're gonna need it.  Wink
unusualfacts30

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 10:20:50 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2014, 10:55:05 AM by unusualfacts30

Again, You're asking for step by step process and that's not something that'll be revealed to anyone besides BIG investors and VENDORS who'll be using it. If you're someone who is interested in Bay and you're interested in buying big shares then you need to contact them privately and be ready to provide the proof of the money you'll be investing in this venture. If you're thinking of putting small amount of BTC in it then you'll have to wait just like everyone else.

Asking these questions in public forum where anyone can read it and more importantly "steal it" is not a smart thing to do and I can assure you they will NOT be answered until everything is released and then we all will see it because it will no longer have negative impact on Bay.

Secret is the key to any successful business as you should already know.

For every one person who is looking for legit answer there are 20 people gauging it so they can steal the idea and scam people with it. It has happened million times in crypto and Bay team is playing it safe.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
unusualfacts30

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 10:52:23 AM

Oh yeah before I forget:

Happy Birthday David

Happy Birthday David

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
silavon

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 02:01:19 PM

Happy Birthday David

Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 03:22:43 PM

I was reading this article at cryptocoinsnews and I thought wow BitBay is one of the sponsors?  Shocked
But when I hovered the link, I saw that they meant BitPay.
Funny confusion.  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: