Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:20:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436036 times)
j4se

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 06:18:11 AM

Has the torrent function actually been worked in yet, as promised?

Not yet - the Dev is still building the groundwork for the torrent functionality. I wouldn't expect full torrent functionality until the 2nd hard fork around February.

I'm guessing the release in the next week will have a number of "under the hood" changes and improvements.

yeah, pretty much gave up on this one a while back.  if it wasn't ready to deploy with at least a hint of the promised features then why post it, lol.

It's not as easy to just build in a simple torrent client into the software - any developer can do that. But to tie it into a token payment system for sharing files as well as implementing anonymity features makes it about 100 times more difficult.

Any one with a technical / development can relate and knows it takes time. Everybody else just has a royal whinge. That's life in the crypto dev space....
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 06:22:37 AM

Not yet - the Dev is still building the groundwork for the torrent functionality. I wouldn't expect full torrent functionality until the 2nd hard fork around February.

I'm guessing the release in the next week will have a number of "under the hood" changes and improvements.

yeah, pretty much gave up on this one a while back.  if it wasn't ready to deploy with at least a hint of the promised features then why post it, lol.

It's not as easy to just build in a simple torrent client into the software - any developer can do that. But to tie it into a token payment system for sharing files as well as implementing anonymity features makes it about 100 times more difficult.

Any one with a technical / development can relate and knows it takes time. Everybody else just has a royal whinge. That's life in the crypto dev space....

I am a dev and the point is that we don't post every idea here the second it hits our heads, we don't announce things until we are within at least the six month range of making it happen, that way people don't lag around for MORE THAN SIX MONTHS waiting on people to finish what they started
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 06:50:54 AM

For someone with legendary status, you are very childish, do you see any of us trolling purvidz thread?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 07:02:32 AM

For someone with legendary status, you are very childish, do you see any of us trolling purvidz thread?

i'm not sure how it's trolling, it's a real and valid concern that the devs of VTR expect users to download and run a close-source piece of software on their machine to manage their money/assets (VTR) and to use their service, u see this right here?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=936724.0

while u can claim all u want that "oh people are aware it's closed source" that's absolute bullshit because most people on these forums don't have the due diligence or tech literacy to actually test compiling a wallet themselves.

people on VTR seem to think that attacking me or my investments some how makes their argument about this real issue that I'm raising to be more valid but it's quite the opposite, it's a logical fallacy since you can't actually address the argument you attack the one presenting it.

I'd like to point out that when I raised the issue of it being closed source I never even mentioned pure vidz any further, it was people in the VTR thread who kept bringing up pure vidz as if it had anything to do with the way their operation works

keep ya head in the sand small son
j4se

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 07:15:09 AM

I am a dev and the point is that we don't post every idea here the second it hits our heads, we don't announce things until we are within at least the six month range of making it happen, that way people don't lag around for MORE THAN SIX MONTHS waiting on people to finish what they started

That 6 month range is something you have made up arbitrarily. The VTR dev has announced no such timeline for any feature whatsoever.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 08:57:11 AM

@dukeneptun

Trolling is when you're asking critical questions regarding the project and don't get answers..  when that happens, you are free to trash the thread with any meme you see fit.
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 09:20:28 AM

@dukeneptun

Trolling is when you're asking critical questions regarding the project and don't get answers..  when that happens, you are free to trash the thread with any meme you see fit.

He just not asking a critical question, all his posts have been pretty much trolling.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 09:28:54 AM

If he didn't, I did.   Do I need to quote it for the third time ?
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 09:42:33 AM

If he didn't, I did.   Do I need to quote it for the third time ?

The main core is open source, you know this. The devs said they would look at open sourcing the 2FA when the main client goes live.

As for the question of open sourcing the torrent client, me personally, I like the Idea of a delayed source system, for a minimum of 2 years would be more preferable (the devs need to actually confirm this), why would you spend two years building something for some one to come along and make a 100 shit clone copies, you wouldn't get the full reward for your work.

If you don't like the idea of closed source, then WALK AWAY!!! don't invest your money, not a single dime!

The devs have earnt my trust when the had control over ik_do's wallet and private key (which has a substantial amount) when an error was found to randomly lock users passwords, the devs managed to fix and not a single VTR was unaccounted for.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 09:52:38 AM

I appreciate your effort, but I was referring to this - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=889481.msg17202401#msg17202401
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 10:04:16 AM

I appreciate your effort, but I was referring to this - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=889481.msg17202401#msg17202401

The OP says it aims to be the next limewire or kazaa with a blockchain at it's core, i'm pretty sure they are refuring to being like a content sharing platform, not to function exactly the same as them.

An inbuilt torrent client with the ability to search the blockchain for magnet links, this is what I imagine it to be, but I can't confirm it 100% as I know as much as everyone else.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 10:16:08 AM

The OP says it aims to be the next limewire or kazaa with a blockchain at it's core, i'm pretty sure they are refuring to being like a content sharing platform, not to function exactly the same as them.

An inbuilt torrent client with the ability to search the blockchain for magnet links, this is what I imagine it to be, but I can't confirm it 100% as I know as much as everyone else.

Exactly my point, it seems that no one actually thought about it, or about how the whole feature will function..    some people just assume that waiting for two years for something they don't even bothered to understand is a good thing, and everyone who doesn't think like them is a troll.
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 10:28:58 AM

Exactly my point, it seems that no one actually thought about it, or about how the whole feature will function..    some people just assume that waiting for two years for something they don't even bothered to understand is a good thing, and everyone who doesn't think like them is a troll.

You do have a valid point, but you have trolled this thread quite a lot as a result people don't bother to respond to you.

It does suck that the dev decided to keep the details of how the client is implemented a secret until they are ready. I'm with you on that one.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 10:47:58 AM

Exactly my point, it seems that no one actually thought about it, or about how the whole feature will function..    some people just assume that waiting for two years for something they don't even bothered to understand is a good thing, and everyone who doesn't think like them is a troll.

You do have a valid point, but you have trolled this thread quite a lot as a result people don't bother to respond to you.

It does suck that the dev decided to keep the details of how the client is implemented a secret until they are ready. I'm with you on that one.

Provide a features request list.  The dev has been asking for months.

It's not a binary position. They have said you can influence what gets delivered.

If you choose to complain and not offer ideas. How can you complain about the outcome?
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 11:06:10 AM

Dear all,

If anybody have any suggestions or ideas..............please PM me or reply in thread.

Regards,

vTorrent

Bump

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 11:22:33 AM

yeah, pretty much gave up on this one a while back.  if it wasn't ready to deploy with at least a hint of the promised features then why post it, lol.

That 6 month range is something you have made up arbitrarily. The VTR dev has announced no such timeline for any feature whatsoever.

I'm pretty sure segwit was announced well over 18 months ago and it's only just landed.

And lightning network is coming into its third year since announcement.

And how about that Zcash. 4 years in announcement.

Projects that seem to have amazing fast devs that can release magic code in days or weeks are typically the mouth piece for a scam.
ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 11:50:33 AM

Exactly my point, it seems that no one actually thought about it, or about how the whole feature will function..    some people just assume that waiting for two years for something they don't even bothered to understand is a good thing, and everyone who doesn't think like them is a troll.

"it seems that no one actually thought about it"

Again--There are 150 pages. Go and read. Because it has been discussed. As for what system vTorrent will actually use has still not been confirmed (this is at least partly backed up by the dev saying very, very, very early on that he was going to keep most details private because there was another unrelated scam "Magnetz")
AnotherNode

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

Nodes That Serve

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 12:50:32 PM

-snip-

How is their website shady?

BUT more important, it's a fucking website not a program i'm running on my computer so there's no real risk
-snip-

I'm really surprised at someone who claims to be smart and know about coding, enough to talk down at me, yet considers an 'investment' in a website to be ok.

It's like saying I'm invested in the Google website while running a Litecoin client. There is no difference as far as I can tell from the PureVidz web site and some yet to be released client.

You're PureVidz 'investment' asset can be taken off line at any second. What are you left with? A bunch of coins, for what purpose?

You are also relying on the 'devs' sharing ad revenues with you to give your 'investment' value. What's to stop him keeping 100% of the money?

While we're on that subject, you should ask yourself why the 'dev' doesn't seem to know very much about TV Addons.

Websites that compete with your 'investment' are suffering because TV Addons scrapes streaming content from websites like PureVidz, removes any ads and makes the streams available to anyone for free. And you're left with a high bandwidth server cost and nothing else. Giving the dev an even greater reason to pump and fuck off.

I don't think you are burying your head in the sand, especially the 20% premine, I think you're either in on what's about to happen to investors or you don't mind the devs giving you and the rest of the dumb investors a right royal shafting when it suits him:

Next.....

mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 01:51:08 PM

Again--There are 150 pages. Go and read. Because it has been discussed. As for what system vTorrent will actually use has still not been confirmed (this is at least partly backed up by the dev saying very, very, very early on that he was going to keep most details private because there was another unrelated scam "Magnetz")

What you're saying is that this was a pure speculation investment for two years, since no code of the main feature has been shown yet, and your argument is "but the dev said this is going to be a secret.." ,  how long do you think that "secret" can hold ? another two years?
Come on.. listen yo yourself..
ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 02:11:42 PM

What you're saying is that this was a pure speculation investment for two years, since no code of the main feature has been shown yet, and your argument is "but the dev said this is going to be a secret.." ,  how long do you think that "secret" can hold ? another two years?
Come on.. listen yo yourself..

Yes. Exactly.

In any case I've had access to a beta that was never publicly released and although the torrent function was removed (it'd crash the client when clicked) I did find evidence of a few things leading me to understand some things about the project.

"What you're saying is that this was a pure speculation investment"

Wow! Stop the presses! People are speculating on a cryptoproject!
What if there were exchanges where people could trade these "speculative investments" with each other!

Check out this sick roadmap infographic:

Can the dev please add some sick ass dubstep inspired roadmap graphics to the OP and fill up a 600 page whitepaper PDF with some slick technical diagrams like this one:

I'm sure that would help to allay mishax1's fears about this project and turn it into another generic crypto project.
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: