Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:09:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 [270] 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:42:16 PM

By the way I recovered my account. So thanks to Cyrus the mod on bitcointalk. Most likely it was taken over momentarily due to those old hacks of bitcointalk database. Way back when.

What i dont get is why this is not like other forums where you need to crack the email linked to the the forum account to hack it?

I'd like to know that too. Does anyone know the answer?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cr197

Activity: 304
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:30:42 PM

By the way I recovered my account. So thanks to Cyrus the mod on bitcointalk. Most likely it was taken over momentarily due to those old hacks of bitcointalk database. Way back when.

What i dont get is why this is not like other forums where you need to crack the email linked to the the forum account to hack it?

I'm just happy they gave his account back to him.
I got locked out of my old account from logging into it from another computer. Didn't have a bitcoin address in my profile setting to be able to request an unlock

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
Munti

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:33:36 PM

I got locked out of my old account from logging into it from another computer. Didn't have a bitcoin address in my profile setting to be able to request an unlock

Is there any rational reason why BCT does it this way? Or didn't they know what they where doing in the beginning and then never bothered to improve things?
cr197

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:36:38 PM

Is there any rational reason why BCT does it this way? Or didn't they know what they where doing in the beginning and then never bothered to improve things?

Good question. I guess it worked perfectly back in the day with people actually ran their own bitcoin wallet, but now it's just too big for the common person to want to run a personal wallet.
Good point. I'd have to go back and research if the same protocol is in place

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
Munti

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:50:33 PM

Good question. I guess it worked perfectly back in the day with people actually ran their own bitcoin wallet, but now it's just too big for the common person to want to run a personal wallet.

So you can set a btc address in your profile? I never noticed that. That's a good idea actually, but they should make sure to announce that better.
cr197

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:04:59 PM

So you can set a btc address in your profile? I never noticed that. That's a good idea actually, but they should make sure to announce that better.

Yeah there is some sort of sign/verify procedure you use - I don't know how many 3rd party centralized bitcoin wallets allow that feature and could be used for ones account recovery.
But what happens if the hacker changes the bitcoin address? I don't know. Probably just best for them to upgrade their recovery system.

dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:53:25 PM

david ...

cyrus is ONE HELLUVA admin ...

after over a year - he simply did what the other couldnt or wouldnt ... and allowed me to access my account just by unlocking it - so i could change my details via the still valid email address i had control of ... no hacks - just a simple thing ...

and he is one helluva bloke too ...

#crysx

Cyrus is the hero in this story. He is what Theymos should have been. He responded the same day, added me on Skype we went over everything and he had me sign from an old key. It's the first time in a long time I've been impressed with something on Bitcointalk.
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:08:31 AM

hi,

im trying to stake coin but how come it always "generated but not accepted" ? do i need new wallet ?  i get the 1.2 version of linux wallet from bitbay.market .

thanks

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
Munti

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:32:25 AM

hi,

im trying to stake coin but how come it always "generated but not accepted" ? do i need new wallet ?  i get the 1.2 version of linux wallet from bitbay.market .

thanks

When you stake, you do so in competition with everyone else that stakes. So basically someone beat you to the finnish line.
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:18:42 AM

hi,

thanks

When you stake, you do so in competition with everyone else that stakes. So basically someone beat you to the finnish line.

and they beat me for the whole full week  Cry

EDIT:  atleast im not on the wrong chain or something  Smiley

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:34:50 AM

low volume on trex

we need to keep the volume around 20 btc or above really.

vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:40:40 PM

just an update: i once started to correct a translation of the wallet. i did not found the time to finish it. sorry guys. i had to deal with other things.
Munti

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:20:03 PM

just an update: i once started to correct a translation of the wallet. i did not found the time to finish it. sorry guys. i had to deal with other things.

That was the german translation?
ThepowerofD

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 12:28:55 PM

Hi Aaron.

I read through your posts and 100% see your point here. I mean who wants to sell gems for free right now. Bay for this transaction did NOT work out.
Bay right now is not useful to sell on in a bear market. That is why the pegging is coming. Using bitbay market place right now is more for testing or fun to me. I mean selling on bay in a bull market now that's going to beneficial for the seller not so much the buyer. I don't think the bay market place will take off unti the pegging is set in. Also there are probably some other work arounds that can be done for this issue.

This point is clear. However do not sell your bay. I am certain you will be selling now at its lowest or near lowest point.

Also I am thankful for your efforts and interest in bitbay. You sound like a useful person to this community. So even if you don't wish to invest further yet then please stick around and give your input and ideas. The community needs more people with energy and ideas and experience in this field.

I think if you took away the market place and the peg bitbay still has many features more than most alt coins and David is capable of coding pretty much anything. So just having a dev like that and the features  bay has is worth a great deal more than most alts from this era.

I do think the market place and pegging (a form of pegging) will be huge once it is perfected and ready. This time is frustrating because only david is coding but he is doing his best and i see other projects promising what david has already nearly delivered

The UI and ease of use does need a lot of work for mainstream. I think once the web and mobile market place is here adoption will become more of a reality with the pegging.

I think there could be other options other as well as  the pegging to make the market place stable anyway

Altogether bitbay still has a way to go but I still feel it has already more to offer and already functioning than most alts and the full potential is not even near realised.

My advice whether you care to take it or not is do not cash out bay yet. No way this should be down at 400 sats.

I do hope David can get the new release out soon with at least the correct pos % though so investors have a little incentive not to churn.
Also would be great if there was a bay bank offering bonds as I suggested a few developers have PM and told me (they have been reading bays thread) that they think it is a great idea and a working towards something very similar.

Anyway was good to see some effort put into bay and someone taking time to comment on the software and their experience.
If you do leave now then perhaps check back later see what you think in a few months. I feel lose ends are about to get tied up.

Actually I think it did work out, he only needs to wait a month and it should shoot right back up. But yes, for all intents and purposes a volatile coin cannot be used as payment for items on a market for people who do not want to invest or take risks. AKA the peg.

But also like I pointed out, he can accept anything in exchange for his gems on our markets. The BitBay currency is only meant to protect the deal.

The new release by the way is almost done. In fact just today I did the freeze from start to finish in the UI. Here is a screenshot of it and the transaction that spent it. It is a lot of work because it had to have notifications for the script, notifications for all involved users, and those need to be spent as a whole so inputs have to be grouped. Check it out...

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bay/tx.dws?3057267.htm
That is the original fund for the FREEZE. Notice how there are lots of burns and those show the redeem script. Essential to communicate that and it must be done on the chain. This cannot be put on a volatile Bitmessage since it is related to financials. Chains are meant for financials.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bay/tx.dws?4ba8321e29a302488592ce872b28363734fffd1f59ed73c3102bff0c99ef9fe5.htm
That is the spent TX notice the last input was a different address but spent with the same keys.

So yes we are official the first client in the world that does this. The news will ignore it... haha. But we still did it!

Here is a screenshot.

i love how you came full circle David. Aaron is real conscious,smart dude and i respect that there was understanding there hats down too the both of you i will be starting my BAY Bag now

vlom
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:36:31 PM

yes. i will finish it. or if you are going to release a new wallet soon then would be better if i could do i before the release. it is not easy to work with the tool inside the wallet.
Munti

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:39:43 PM

yes. i will finish it. or if you are going to release a new wallet soon then would be better if i could do i before the release. it is not easy to work with the tool inside the wallet.

New release is Nov 1st, so kind of urgent if we are to get it into this release.
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:08:09 PM

i love how you came full circle David. Aaron is real conscious,smart dude and i respect that there was understanding there hats down too the both of you i will be starting my BAY Bag now

Yeah he's cool. I think there was just a misunderstanding. Also on my part, mainly because when offers are sent to the market we allow users to accept them directly. So thus inputs need to be tied up. But in theory I could check the balance to see at least there are funds, not tie up inputs and force all offers to come in as bids the exact same way I do with price tracking. When I gave more thought to what he said I realized for sellers who have lots of items like a massive inventory but only average volume, they would need a feature like that. There is a difference in my code from bids/counters to direct acceptance so that why. It would be a new feature though so I just added it to my notes.

Anyways, hopefully he comes back I sent him a message but no response yet.
ThepowerofD

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:43:36 AM

Yeah he's cool. I think there was just a misunderstanding. Also on my part, mainly because when offers are sent to the market we allow users to accept them directly. So thus inputs need to be tied up. But in theory I could check the balance to see at least there are funds, not tie up inputs and force all offers to come in as bids the exact same way I do with price tracking. When I gave more thought to what he said I realized for sellers who have lots of items like a massive inventory but only average volume, they would need a feature like that. There is a difference in my code from bids/counters to direct acceptance so that why. It would be a new feature though so I just added it to my notes.

Anyways, hopefully he comes back I sent him a message but no response yet.
i am glad anew feature!!! will come out of the dialogue and i do hope he comes back too its clear progress is being made and as in any relationship commucation or lack off can make or break ppl

gluiperd

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:37:13 PM

Hi guys, in the roadmap a Blockchain Fork (stake reward fix) is mentioned to happen in november. Can someone explain what this means? I'm planning to invest in BitBay but i'm not sure about this fork and how it will affect the price.
vlom
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:44:10 PM

New release is Nov 1st, so kind of urgent if we are to get it into this release.

you don't have a textfile or something like this that can be used for the translation. and something that show where the text in wallet will be placed. the context is important for translations.
Pages: « 1 ... 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 [270] 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: