Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:13:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
2bitlite

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:42:58 PM

I finally installed the QT Wallet and its fully synced and I've moved my coins from Bittrex to the wallet.

Can anyone explain to me how to begin staking? I've already unlocked my wallet and checked the "For Staking Only" section. However on the Dashboard I see the following:

Spendable: 12000
Stake: 0
Unconfirmed: 0

Can someone tell me what the Stake: 0 means? Am I not staking anything right now?

If your wallet is unlocked it is staking. The point of staking is to verify transactions on the network effectively distributing and protecting it. So the whole thing works by probability. If you keep your wallet connected you will net 1-5% a year depending on how many people are connected. Usually most coins never have more than 30% of the supply staking so you can expect up to 3%.

Your rewards will come in randomly as long as it is unlocked for staking.

You can see here exactly how many people are staking and who is winning blocks...
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bay/#!extraction

Also for those people who have not updated to the latest software since November 1st please do. Since I've noticed about 55% of the users have updated. You must update before the 30th of November.

Will there be a coin swap?

No coin swap needed when there is such a competent dev as David. Just make sure you have the wallet that was released Nov 1st. (Qt wallet or client. Both are fine.) The wallet will handle the the fork automatically. You wont even notice that it happens.

Hi. November 30th is good news for BitBay supporters.  Hopefully, you can help me.  I installed the software for BitBay Client and BitBay Lite Wallet.  The installation went well. I did not encounter difficulty.  When I tried to backup the wallet.dat, I could not locate it according to the instructions from the BitBay website.  Did my physical wallet.dat become invisible?  Can my wallet still be eligible for staking and the fork coming? Thanks for the assistance.

You don't need both wallets. Personally I recommend you use the client. For the client it is the keys (key1.private and key2.private) you need to back up.
For the Qt wallet, the key is in wallet dat, and on windows you find it in users/"your user"/appdata/roaming/bitbay (appdata may be a hidden folder on your computer, so you might have to un-hide it)
If you are on mac or linux, please say so, and I'll find someone else to answer regarding wallet.dat location.

Thanks. I installed both wallets.  I did not know which software is running but I was prompted to backup the 2keys (key1.private and key2.private).  When I back up the wallet from the top menu, I was asked to backup the 2keys but not the wallet.  The reason why I started looking for the wallet.dat. So, even though I installed both wallets, the BitBay Client supersedes that of the BitBay Lite Wallet since I didn't see the wallet.dat?

Hi.  I am using windows.  I was able to locate wallet.dat & appdata under the BitBay folder.  So, how would the hierarchy of folders be to be able to save a backup for the wallet for windows? Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Legolin

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:44:29 PM

I finally installed the QT Wallet and its fully synced and I've moved my coins from Bittrex to the wallet.

Can anyone explain to me how to begin staking? I've already unlocked my wallet and checked the "For Staking Only" section. However on the Dashboard I see the following:

Can someone tell me what the Stake: 0 means? Am I not staking anything right now?

If your wallet is unlocked it is staking. The point of staking is to verify transactions on the network effectively distributing and protecting it. So the whole thing works by probability. If you keep your wallet connected you will net 1-5% a year depending on how many people are connected. Usually most coins never have more than 30% of the supply staking so you can expect up to 3%.

You can see here exactly how many people are staking and who is winning blocks...

Also for those people who have not updated to the latest software since November 1st please do. Since I've noticed about 55% of the users have updated. You must update before the 30th of November.

No coin swap needed when there is such a competent dev as David. Just make sure you have the wallet that was released Nov 1st. (Qt wallet or client. Both are fine.) The wallet will handle the the fork automatically. You wont even notice that it happens.

Hi. November 30th is good news for BitBay supporters.  Hopefully, you can help me.  I installed the software for BitBay Client and BitBay Lite Wallet.  The installation went well. I did not encounter difficulty.  When I tried to backup the wallet.dat, I could not locate it according to the instructions from the BitBay website.  Did my physical wallet.dat become invisible?  Can my wallet still be eligible for staking and the fork coming? Thanks for the assistance.

You don't need both wallets. Personally I recommend you use the client. For the client it is the keys (key1.private and key2.private) you need to back up.
For the Qt wallet, the key is in wallet dat, and on windows you find it in users/"your user"/appdata/roaming/bitbay (appdata may be a hidden folder on your computer, so you might have to un-hide it)
If you are on mac or linux, please say so, and I'll find someone else to answer regarding wallet.dat location.

Thanks. I installed both wallets.  I did not know which software is running but I was prompted to backup the 2keys (key1.private and key2.private).  When I back up the wallet from the top menu, I was asked to backup the 2keys but not the wallet.  The reason why I started looking for the wallet.dat. So, even though I installed both wallets, the BitBay Client supersedes that of the BitBay Lite Wallet since I didn't see the wallet.dat?

You only need the client, and for the client the two keys is what you need to back up. You can ignore wallet dat for the client.

Agree that. Thanks for recommendation
2bitlite

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:49:58 PM

You only need the client, and for the client the two keys is what you need to back up. You can ignore wallet dat for the client.

Agree that. Thanks for recommendation

Thanks for your assistance.
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:02:17 AM

Hi.  I am using windows.  I was able to locate wallet.dat & appdata under the BitBay folder.  So, how would the hierarchy of folders be to be able to save a backup for the wallet for windows? Thanks.

Just make a copy and store anywhere you want
easypeasy

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:23:41 AM

hi folks sorry for the probably dumb question

i have my bitbay on bittrex am i ok leaving them on there while the swap etc goes on

thanks
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:33:42 AM

i have my bitbay on bittrex am i ok leaving them on there while the swap etc goes on

thanks

yes but always better to hold in your own wallet especially if you want to collect the pos rate that is increasing x10 now

InfinityTrades

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:12:49 AM

I have forgot my passwords -.-" what do i do?
easypeasy

Activity: 213

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 07:45:50 AM

thanks

yes but always better to hold in your own wallet especially if you want to collect the pos rate that is increasing x10 now

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:24:11 AM

thanks

i have my coins on bittrex too. i need an OSX light wallet. but would prefer a wallet that can be run on a raspberry pi so that i am able to stake.
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:09:59 AM

Brute force. If you know some of the words, you can try to recover it. I did it once for a user who knew the words but it was a variation of upper and lower case and numbers. So it depends on how complex your password was.
lechit27

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:43:48 PM

Nice to see that main developer of BitBay is very active in this thread and very helpful Smiley
InfinityTrades

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:09:19 PM

Brute force. If you know some of the words, you can try to recover it. I did it once for a user who knew the words but it was a variation of upper and lower case and numbers. So it depends on how complex your password was.

Thank you for the suggestion. What brute force program do you suggest?
Munti

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:20:08 PM

thanks

i have my coins on bittrex too. i need an OSX light wallet. but would prefer a wallet that can be run on a raspberry pi so that i am able to stake.

Craig did some tests with raspberry, but it did not work out very well. I think the issue was not enough RAM.
LuckyLeprachaun

Activity: 470
Merit: 251

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 05:02:00 PM

Looked it up for you, there is a number of ways you can try and get the password back:

https://github.com/jackjack-jj/pywallet

https://walletpasswordrecovery.com/faq/

https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-a-dat-file-2620550

And a link to a search with many links:

http://www.bing.com/search?q=how%20to%20extract%20password%20from%20a%20wallet.dat%20file%3F&pc=cosp&ptag=C1A6EB8ABB659&form=CONBNT&conlogo=CT3210127

Good luck!!!

Nighttrader invite code: 2PJbGxt95Dz7JKU2N8oudyAJ1Tzs
phucngungoc

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 05:24:26 PM

Bitbay is listed on new exchange livecoin

https://twitter.com/livecoin_net/status/932297619434557441

Congratulation !
Munti

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 05:39:55 PM

Bitbay is listed on new exchange livecoin

https://twitter.com/livecoin_net/status/932297619434557441

Congratulation !

It says Bitbar -not BitBay in that tweet  Angry
rqdxrocket

Activity: 197

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 05:50:36 PM

All,

With the recent price increase of Bitbay and with the word spreading more everyday, there are several items listed on the Bitbay Market place.  Download the Market Client and see for yourself.

Thanks
RQDxRocket
Kodhead

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 06:01:23 PM

Looking forward to the new BitBay site tomorrow!! Any teasers for us?

https://twitter.com/BitBayofficial/status/932253880116744192

XxOtakuXx

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 06:47:54 PM

Looking forward to the new BitBay site tomorrow!! Any teasers for us?

https://twitter.com/BitBayofficial/status/932253880116744192

No teasers, But this will be the best website Bitbay ever designed compared to previous and current one. Tommorow finally everyone will see a great and colourful website for BitBay coin. A look what other coin sites look like. Cheesy

BITBAY |Smart Contracts|Decentralized Markets|Rolling Peg| https://bitbay.market/
HVCC

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:22:19 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7e40yd/bitbay_community_update_nov_19th_2017/

Please upvote folks  Grin

BitBay team member - Take your markets back!
Pages: « 1 ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: