Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:43:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:17:59 PM

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked a million times but here goes...

1) I have just downloaded the QT wallet today so I just need to confirm I do not need to do anything with the wallet or my coins for the upcoming fork?

2) I have just moved my coins from an exchange to my wallet, how long until the coins are "mature" and can start staking?

Thanks

1. Correct. The wallet will handle the fork automatcally.
2. It takes two hours for the coins to mature.

Thank you! Smiley

One last one ... If I add coins to my wallet I don't need to re-save a back up every time I make a transaction do I?

Really new to this so these are probably ridiculous questions

Cheers

Remember, your coins are stored on the blockchain, not in your wallet. As long as you have your private keys or, a copy of your "wallet.dat" file, you have your coins. The wallet simply reads the blockchain and looks for entries that match your address and presents the relevant totals to you.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:50:49 PM

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked a million times but here goes...

1) I have just downloaded the QT wallet today so I just need to confirm I do not need to do anything with the wallet or my coins for the upcoming fork?

2) I have just moved my coins from an exchange to my wallet, how long until the coins are "mature" and can start staking?

Thanks

1. Correct. The wallet will handle the fork automatcally.
2. It takes two hours for the coins to mature.

Thank you! Smiley

One last one ... If I add coins to my wallet I don't need to re-save a back up every time I make a transaction do I?

Really new to this so these are probably ridiculous questions

Cheers

Remember, your coins are stored on the blockchain, not in your wallet. As long as you have your private keys or, a copy of your "wallet.dat" file, you have your coins. The wallet simply reads the blockchain and looks for entries that match your address and presents the relevant totals to you.

Actually it depends though. If someone generates new addresses in their QT wallet it might be a good idea to make a new backup. Since their wallet.dat is a collection of keys. I don't think it's deterministic.

In the Markets client we always use the same key pair which is safer in that regard but potentially weaker to cryptoanalysis. Although to date there is no proven cryptoanalysis technique for reusing keys.
lijoe408

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:03:39 AM

And we are live!! The new BitBay website is online now. It's lightning fast and looking very sexy!

A big thank you to everyone who has helped make this happen and we've really appreciated all your feedback and suggestions over the last few months. Community is what we're all about at BitBay and the new website is a perfect example of ours working together.

So thanks to you all and we hope you like it Smiley

https://bitbay.market

Website looks alot more trendy.  Odd color choice though, developer must be a laker's fan lol

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
issie81

Activity: 760
Merit: 500

CryptoZilla

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:29:33 PM

Good job, Bitbay gang!

is stake reward also up?

Stake reward goes up with the fork Nov 30th

is there a mandatory wallet update required?
Norjega

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:35:13 PM

Hi Folks,

I am new on bitcointalk and a newbie in the crypto world. I recently invested in some bitbay coins through bittrex. My question is, can I leave them on the bittrex plattform or do i have to store them on the bitbay wallet or client? Especially considering the upcoming fork?

If I have to store them on the bitbay wallet or client, which of the both would you recommend to use?

If one of you could help me with that, it would be great. Many Thanks! Grin
R-J-F

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:41:39 PM

And we are live!! The new BitBay website is online now. It's lightning fast and looking very sexy!

A big thank you to everyone who has helped make this happen and we've really appreciated all your feedback and suggestions over the last few months. Community is what we're all about at BitBay and the new website is a perfect example of ours working together.

So thanks to you all and we hope you like it Smiley

https://bitbay.market

Website looks alot more trendy.  Odd color choice though, developer must be a laker's fan lol

Hate to say it but, the purple is "strange" not used much in publishing. As a web designer, I would prefer some shade of Blue, it's a calming, inviting color. And the graphic balloon and moving stuff just distracts from the professional feel you are trying to convey, a bit amateurish. Please don't take this the wrong way but, the old website wasn't so bad. A little updating and it would have been really nice. Nice work otherwise.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
Kodhead

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:38:50 PM

Hate to say it but, the purple is "strange" not used much in publishing. As a web designer, I would prefer some shade of Blue, it's a calming, inviting color. And the graphic balloon and moving stuff just distracts from the professional feel you are trying to convey, a bit amateurish. Please don't take this the wrong way but, the old website wasn't so bad. A little updating and it would have been really nice. Nice work otherwise.

I agree it's quite unique and not used much but... i have to say I love the new site! Compared to the old one it's a massive improvement! And those moving things add a nice touch and give it a kind of live feel right? a bit better that just staring at the usual stock images that are most other crypto sites for sure! Cheesy

Congratulations to the bitbay team and good luck with the web wallet launch too! (is it still next week?)
R-J-F

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:56:30 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2017, 04:19:12 PM by R-J-F

I agree it's quite unique and not used much but... i have to say I love the new site! Compared to the old one it's a massive improvement! And those moving things add a nice touch and give it a kind of live feel right? a bit better that just staring at the usual stock images that are most other crypto sites for sure! Cheesy

Congratulations to the bitbay team and good luck with the web wallet launch too! (is it still next week?)

If the "moving things" were smaller, more defined and did not stop moving I would tend to agree. It looks unfinished and thrown in for effect without much thought. Sorry but, I call it like I see it. I've been with Bay since the ICO and would not point this out unless I felt rather strongly about it. Sorry.

LuckyLeprachaun

Activity: 470

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:57:26 PM

Hi Folks,

I am new on bitcointalk and a newbie in the crypto world. I recently invested in some bitbay coins through bittrex. My question is, can I leave them on the bittrex plattform or do i have to store them on the bitbay wallet or client? Especially considering the upcoming fork?

If I have to store them on the bitbay wallet or client, which of the both would you recommend to use?

Always best to store your coins in YOUR OWN wallet, gives you control over your own money and you can stake the Bitbay coins.

Nighttrader invite code: 2PJbGxt95Dz7JKU2N8oudyAJ1Tzs
LuckyLeprachaun

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:23:32 PM

Good time to buy now that the price is still low  Cool

Norjega

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:24:58 PM

Hi Folks,

Always best to store your coins in YOUR OWN wallet, gives you control over your own money and you can stake the Bitbay coins.

Do you have any recommendation as to what is a good wallet? Again, I am new to this. Would I loose my bitbay coins if left them on bittrex even after the fork?
LuckyLeprachaun

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:27:43 PM

Hi Folks,

Do you have any recommendation as to what is a good wallet? Again, I am new to this. Would I loose my bitbay coins if left them on bittrex even after the fork?

No you would not lose them but again best to download and install the qt wallet and send your coins to the wallet here is the link: http://bitbay.market/downloads

Back up the wallet.dat file in a safe place in case your computer crashes.

Figatko

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:14:10 PM

Is it possible to directly put bays into the online wallet using key files? Without installing one of the computer clients?
Norjega

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:32:08 PM

Hi Folks,

No you would not lose them but again best to download and install the qt wallet and send your coins to the wallet here is the link: http://bitbay.market/downloads

Back up the wallet.dat file in a safe place in case your computer crashes.

Thats helpful. Thank you!
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:36:06 PM

Hi Folks,

I strongly recommend the client. That's where all the tech is, and we are likely to abandon the Qt wallet soon anyway.
Munti

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:36:35 PM

Is it possible to directly put bays into the online wallet using key files? Without installing one of the computer clients?

Yes  Smiley
LuckyLeprachaun

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:12:29 PM

Hi Folks,

I strongly recommend the client. That's where all the tech is, and we are likely to abandon the Qt wallet soon anyway.

Who told you they are canceling the qt wallet? The client is far from perfect running order IMO, been over 2 years and still has same message that you can only list coins, same with Blackcoin, also takes forever to download and sync if at all for that matter. The qt wallet is the best choice IMO for now until they work out the kinks with the marketplace client. Not to mention for A noob user the client is far too complex.

R-J-F

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:27:09 PM

Hi Folks,

Who told you they are canceling the qt wallet? The client is far from perfect running order IMO, been over 2 years and still has same message that you can only list coins, same with Blackcoin, also takes forever to download and sync if at all for that matter. The qt wallet is the best choice IMO for now until they work out the kinks with the marketplace client. Not to mention for A noob user the client is far too complex.

For someone who is holding and occasionally buying, the QT is fine as long as it is supported. The recently upgraded version fixes the staking issue and will work with the upcoming hard fork at the end of the month. It is available for download now.

Munti

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:38:34 PM

Hi Folks,

I'm the operations manager in BitBay, and this is something we have decided on long ago. Downloads are slow, but we are about to fix that. That's a server problem, not an issue with the client. Syncing is as fast or faster than Qt. Agree on complex for noob, but then according to support requests, noobs have trouble with Qt too. We are looking into the GUI though. If you check roadmap you will see that we intend to have a new design ready Q1 2018.
LuckyLeprachaun

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:47:17 PM

Hi Folks,

I'm the operations manager in BitBay, and this is something we have decided on long ago. Downloads are slow, but we are about to fix that. That's a server problem, not an issue with the client. Syncing is as fast or faster than Qt. Agree on complex for noob, but then according to support requests, noobs have trouble with Qt too. We are looking into the GUI though. If you check roadmap you will see that we intend to have a new design ready Q1 2018.

My apologies did not realize you were on the team. I personally find the qt wallet better for trading purposes, I have been with your project since near day 1 and I have not been able to sync the marketplace client without constant reboots of the software and also keeping 2 keys versus just the .dat file I find troublesome, I personally prefer brain wallets with passphrases so you can always just add the wallet to any computer anywhere. Also no offence at all, but really not much going on the marketplace for 2 years so far. I have always loved this projects potential, I remember first time I heard of Bitbay and thought great idea as competition to eBay that robs you with listing fees, I hope to see your marketplace thrive in future.

Pages: « 1 ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: