Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:20:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 [279] 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
LuckyLeprachaun

Activity: 470
Merit: 251

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:01:18 AM

Where can I find the latest wallet? The site still shows the old one? Thanks

Here you go m8  Cool

https://bitbay.market/downloads/

Nighttrader invite code: 2PJbGxt95Dz7JKU2N8oudyAJ1Tzs
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:22:23 AM

I finally installed the QT Wallet and its fully synced and I've moved my coins from Bittrex to the wallet.

Can anyone explain to me how to begin staking? I've already unlocked my wallet and checked the "For Staking Only" section. However on the Dashboard I see the following:

Spendable: 12000
Stake: 0
Unconfirmed: 0

Can someone tell me what the Stake: 0 means? Am I not staking anything right now?

If your wallet is unlocked it is staking. The point of staking is to verify transactions on the network effectively distributing and protecting it. So the whole thing works by probability. If you keep your wallet connected you will net 1-5% a year depending on how many people are connected. Usually most coins never have more than 30% of the supply staking so you can expect up to 3%.

Your rewards will come in randomly as long as it is unlocked for staking.

You can see here exactly how many people are staking and who is winning blocks...
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bay/#!extraction

Also for those people who have not updated to the latest software since November 1st please do. Since I've noticed about 55% of the users have updated. You must update before the 30th of November.

Will there be a coin swap?

No coin swap needed when there is such a competent dev as David. Just make sure you have the wallet that was released Nov 1st. (Qt wallet or client. Both are fine.) The wallet will handle the the fork automatically. You wont even notice that it happens.
Munti

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:24:15 AM

Where can I find the latest wallet? The site still shows the old one? Thanks

The wallet downloads on the site are the new ones. I recommend downloading the client, but Qt wallet is fine too.
wosch76
Legendary

Activity: 942
Merit: 1026

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:53:17 AM

great to see that bitbay finally gets the attention it deserves.
holding strong since 49 sat Cool

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:38:18 AM

are there masternodes on bitbay similar to syscoin's idea?

not as yet but hopefully david will implement something very similar to encourage accumulation and savings and loyalty to bay..

he can easily do it if he wishes to as you know with the new locking feature.

lisasteca

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:19:36 PM

Hello guys when the new website will be ready, someone say in couple days is that true? that would speed up for sure the price up.
Munti

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:39:38 PM

Hello guys when the new website will be ready, someone say in couple days is that true? that would speed up for sure the price up.

New website will be released Nov 20th.
Web wallet will be released Nov 27th.
Our own forum will be released Dec 4th

Smiley

Edit: Forum was not on the roadmap, but we decided to add it.
Munti

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:45:08 PM

Reminder

We are forking November 30th. Download and start using the new wallet now.
The new wallet handles the fork automatically, so you don't have to worry about it once you have installed it.

Bumping this
azioyon

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:10:28 AM

the best coin i had Wink
Nguyenkhoi007

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 05:48:38 AM

20/11 new Web pro, 27/11 new wallet pro, 30/11 Big news update Bitbay!
https://twitter.com/BitBayofficial/status/930520054252400640. Thanks!
ptcgroup10009

Activity: 62

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 07:36:49 PM

Hey guys up vote this, to add bitbay to the new atomic swap exchange https://feedback.altcoinexchange.com/suggestions/2025/add-bitbay-coin-to-your-exchange-website-bitbaymarket . here is to sign up for when it arrive http://www.altcoinexchange.com?kid=HR56W . and here is a demo to try it out https://swap.altcoin.io/swap
2bitlite

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:46:09 PM

Hi, everyone. A great run for Bitbay. Just wallet installation questions from a newbie trying to jump in to Bitbay's promising acceleration. I was able to download the Bitbay Client and BitBay Lite Wallet but I could not find the newly generated wallet.dat in my pc. Followed instructions accordingly using the top menu and doing it manually. Using the top menu, I got the message that I have new wallet, when I went to open the wallet I was able to unlock the first key done during the installation process.  When prompted for the second key, I got the message "Key2.private file not found check the filename and try again." In this instance, I manually provided for the location of the second key then the Bitbay screen went blank. I went to the next choice from the top menu "Backup Wallet." I got the message "Please choose a folder to save each key to. You can save them in the same folder as long as they have different names." The next window asks to save the key not the wallet.dat.  Are the 2keys the same as the wallet or the 2keys are just like use to open the wallet?
 The instruction states "The file can be found in the following locations: C:/users/"your name"/Appdata/Roaming." Doing it manually, I was able to go to  C:/users/"your name"/Roaming .....I could not locate the Appdata....Thanks for your assistance on this matter.... 
2bitlite

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:00:54 PM

Reminder

We are forking November 30th. Download and start using the new wallet now.
The new wallet handles the fork automatically, so you don't have to worry about it once you have installed it.

Bumping this

This looks very promising...a great incentive for BitBay supporters...
Munti

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:09:22 PM

Hi, everyone. A great run for Bitbay. Just wallet installation questions from a newbie trying to jump in to Bitbay's promising acceleration. I was able to download the Bitbay Client and BitBay Lite Wallet but I could not find the newly generated wallet.dat in my pc. Followed instructions accordingly using the top menu and doing it manually. Using the top menu, I got the message that I have new wallet, when I went to open the wallet I was able to unlock the first key done during the installation process.  When prompted for the second key, I got the message "Key2.private file not found check the filename and try again." In this instance, I manually provided for the location of the second key then the Bitbay screen went blank. I went to the next choice from the top menu "Backup Wallet." I got the message "Please choose a folder to save each key to. You can save them in the same folder as long as they have different names." The next window asks to save the key not the wallet.dat.  Are the 2keys the same as the wallet or the 2keys are just like use to open the wallet?
 The instruction states "The file can be found in the following locations: C:/users/"your name"/Appdata/Roaming." Doing it manually, I was able to go to  C:/users/"your name"/Roaming .....I could not locate the Appdata....Thanks for your assistance on this matter.... 

You are describing the client, so I will focuse on that.
In the client your keys are not embedded in your wallet.dat. They are stored as two seperate key files (multisig) called key1.private and key2.private or whatever you rename them to.
According to your description you did everything right uptil the moment your bitbay screen went blank. I suggest you do it again, and give it a few moments. If you still have problems, please join slack. It's easier for us to provide support in there. We have been forced to revert to handle invites manually, but we check a few times a day. https://bitbay.market/slack/
2bitlite

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:46:06 PM

I finally installed the QT Wallet and its fully synced and I've moved my coins from Bittrex to the wallet.

Can anyone explain to me how to begin staking? I've already unlocked my wallet and checked the "For Staking Only" section. However on the Dashboard I see the following:

Can someone tell me what the Stake: 0 means? Am I not staking anything right now?

If your wallet is unlocked it is staking. The point of staking is to verify transactions on the network effectively distributing and protecting it. So the whole thing works by probability. If you keep your wallet connected you will net 1-5% a year depending on how many people are connected. Usually most coins never have more than 30% of the supply staking so you can expect up to 3%.

You can see here exactly how many people are staking and who is winning blocks...

Also for those people who have not updated to the latest software since November 1st please do. Since I've noticed about 55% of the users have updated. You must update before the 30th of November.

No coin swap needed when there is such a competent dev as David. Just make sure you have the wallet that was released Nov 1st. (Qt wallet or client. Both are fine.) The wallet will handle the the fork automatically. You wont even notice that it happens.

Hi. November 30th is good news for BitBay supporters.  Hopefully, you can help me.  I installed the software for BitBay Client and BitBay Lite Wallet.  The installation went well. I did not encounter difficulty.  When I tried to backup the wallet.dat, I could not locate it according to the instructions from the BitBay website.  Did my physical wallet.dat become invisible?  Can my wallet still be eligible for staking and the fork coming? Thanks for the assistance.
2bitlite

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:56:10 PM

In the client your keys are not embedded in your wallet.dat. They are stored as two seperate key files (multisig) called key1.private and key2.private or whatever you rename them to.
According to your description you did everything right uptil the moment your bitbay screen went blank. I suggest you do it again, and give it a few moments. If you still have problems, please join slack. It's easier for us to provide support in there. We have been forced to revert to handle invites manually, but we check a few times a day. https://bitbay.market/slack/

Thanks for your prompt response.  Nice to know that you treat the BitBay system like a client, like a human who has signs & symptoms and you are like a doctor who treats these signs & symptoms to keep your client healthy so as to function well by using tender, loving care.  Where would you like me to begin?  Do you want me to start from the installation procedure or start from the top menu?
Munti

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:02:03 PM

Hi. November 30th is good news for BitBay supporters.  Hopefully, you can help me.  I installed the software for BitBay Client and BitBay Lite Wallet.  The installation went well. I did not encounter difficulty.  When I tried to backup the wallet.dat, I could not locate it according to the instructions from the BitBay website.  Did my physical wallet.dat become invisible?  Can my wallet still be eligible for staking and the fork coming? Thanks for the assistance.

You don't need both wallets. Personally I recommend you use the client. For the client it is the keys (key1.private and key2.private) you need to back up.
For the Qt wallet, the key is in wallet dat, and on windows you find it in users/"your user"/appdata/roaming/bitbay (appdata may be a hidden folder on your computer, so you might have to un-hide it)
If you are on mac or linux, please say so, and I'll find someone else to answer regarding wallet.dat location.
Munti

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:03:28 PM

Thanks for your prompt response.  Nice to know that you treat the BitBay system like a client, like a human who has signs & symptoms and you are like a doctor who treats these signs & symptoms to keep your client healthy so as to function well by using tender, loving care.  Where would you like me to begin?  Do you want me to start from the installation procedure or start from the top menu?

Just start your client and if necessary load your keys.
2bitlite

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:10:59 PM

You don't need both wallets. Personally I recommend you use the client. For the client it is the keys (key1.private and key2.private) you need to back up.
For the Qt wallet, the key is in wallet dat, and on windows you find it in users/"your user"/appdata/roaming/bitbay (appdata may be a hidden folder on your computer, so you might have to un-hide it)
If you are on mac or linux, please say so, and I'll find someone else to answer regarding wallet.dat location.

Thanks. I installed both wallets.  I did not know which software is running but I was prompted to backup the 2keys (key1.private and key2.private).  When I back up the wallet from the top menu, I was asked to backup the 2keys but not the wallet.  The reason why I started looking for the wallet.dat. So, even though I installed both wallets, the BitBay Client supersedes that of the BitBay Lite Wallet since I didn't see the wallet.dat?
Munti

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:27:55 PM

Thanks. I installed both wallets.  I did not know which software is running but I was prompted to backup the 2keys (key1.private and key2.private).  When I back up the wallet from the top menu, I was asked to backup the 2keys but not the wallet.  The reason why I started looking for the wallet.dat. So, even though I installed both wallets, the BitBay Client supersedes that of the BitBay Lite Wallet since I didn't see the wallet.dat?

You only need the client, and for the client the two keys is what you need to back up. You can ignore wallet dat for the client.
Pages: « 1 ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 [279] 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: