Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 12:16:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541887 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 03:24:21 PM

Has BAY ever considered a name change?? Personally i love the name but all that shit that went down is still the first thing that comes to mind, atleast for crypto people who were around then. Prob 2 much trouble?? I agree that that it shouldnt matter but still worried that maybe it does!?

Easily fixed by just marketing more, publishing articles etc
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 05:47:54 PM

Has BAY ever considered a name change?? Personally i love the name but all that shit that went down is still the first thing that comes to mind, atleast for crypto people who were around then. Prob 2 much trouble?? I agree that that it shouldnt matter but still worried that maybe it does!?

When? You are missing the boat. Look at syscoin. $80k volume today. Bitbay $100. . . Says it all

Bitbay have better tech but sys can market

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 06:11:53 PM

When? You are missing the boat. Look at syscoin. $80k volume today. Bitbay $100. . . Says it all

Bitbay have better tech but sys can market

I cant market and code at the same time, there is too much left to code. Need someone to do my PR and help me secure articles, ive offered to pay for more articles.

Also syscoin is on poloniex. Who knows why they have volume, thats not my concern man. Could be any reason not going to make assumptions.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 02:38:00 AM

Is there still a marketing team? after the new templates are completed let's have another push.
It was good when there was a thread on the main section.
I know some people are working hard in the background making videos and things.
Also do we need to decide on when we are going pos3?

3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 11:31:53 AM

Hey David,
With the rolling peg system in place, I have a feeling a lot of volume will come from investors hedging from the volatility of other crypto, especially BTC.

When python contracts are incorporated into the client, wouldn't they be able to create a whole new avenue for investors to create automated trading inside the client?
So for example if an investor had a stop loss on BTC at 455.00, if the price hit that level, with python, he could essentially have created an automated order that would scan the client's market (with your price tracking feature) for the lowest priced sell orders (in Bays) and automate a trade with that contract when his stop loss alarm hit? For the fastest potential contracts you could have sellers and buyers on the client that also have automated contracts wishing to buy BTC, LTC, etc., or sell BAY for BTC, LTC, etc., thus the programs would find each other to maximize efficiency of the negotiation stages of the contract.

You and I finished one the other day in 10 minutes. And heck you said you already know a way to speed up bitmessage for a quicker network.

And the same concept could be used with a take profit program or trail stop program
And of course this could be said for any crypto coin an investors are trading in with an active liquid market on the client.

Am I right on this concept?

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 11:57:50 AM

Hey David,
With the rolling peg system in place, I have a feeling a lot of volume will come from investors hedging from the volatility of other crypto, especially BTC.

When python contracts are incorporated into the client, wouldn't they be able to create a whole new avenue for investors to create automated trading inside the client?
So for example if an investor had a stop loss on BTC at 455.00, if the price hit that level, with python, he could essentially have created an automated order that would scan the client's market (with your price tracking feature) for the lowest priced sell orders (in Bays) and automate a trade with that contract when his stop loss alarm hit? For the fastest potential contracts you could have sellers and buyers on the client that also have automated contracts wishing to buy BTC, LTC, etc., or sell BAY for BTC, LTC, etc., thus the programs would find each other to maximize efficiency of the negotiation stages of the contract.

You and I finished one the other day in 10 minutes. And heck you said you already know a way to speed up bitmessage for a quicker network.

And the same concept could be used with a take profit program or trail stop program
And of course this could be said for any crypto coin an investors are trading in with an active liquid market on the client.

Well a python contract is really just a programmable barter contract since it requires 2 peers to execute. If they want to put automated stop losses on a market wouidnt that require some sort of bot?
3r197

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 12:35:04 PM

Hey David,

Well a python contract is really just a programmable barter contract since it requires 2 peers to execute. If they want to put automated stop losses on a market wouidnt that require some sort of bot?

Okay. Yeah, I guess I'm just a little confused on the potential capabilities of python contracts. With python I thought one could pretty much program anything. I mean with DDE you could virtually barter any agreement because it's backed by the deposit collateral.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 06:46:29 AM

Hey guys, I wanted to share the scripts(SH files) I've had custom made for building watchonly bitbayd on windows(from linux) linux and mac. These were useful to me while building the newest BitBay release. Smiley
These build by simply running a script.
Can be easily modified for building qt (although i dont maintain the qt and not sure if i even have oxidians qt in there).
Just download the script for your system, open a console and run! It requires the same VMs I used but most likely any system will work so you only need to remove the check for the OS.
www.github.com/dzimbeck/bitbay
wtman
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 10:26:03 PM

How does the bitbay decentralized market compare with the syscoin market and their roadmap?
How does it compare with the openbazaar?
Maybe someone should do a video about this.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 02:24:08 AM

How does the bitbay decentralized market compare with the syscoin market and their roadmap?

Well because the contracts can't be broken, its the best way to run a decentralized market. Also, its not blockchain based... and is completely anonymous.

I'm not sure if sys is blockchain based or not... I think OB is p2p.

I just posted about the serious security problems with OB and their use of arbiters. You can't use 3rd parties since they can steal the escrow.

Also, they have no way of deciding who is lying in a dispute and are forced to guess.

The markets we have here are tested for over a year now, there is almost no bugs we are pretty much at release candidate.
Aside from just markets Halo itself has like 20 different features. OB doesn't do anything other than markets.

There is templates like the cash for coins with price tracking.

And lastly there has been a reputation system that has been working for a while now. So lots of advantages, now its just a matter of expanding and marketing.
Plus, I've got lots of work to do with NT and the remaining templates/pegging.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 05:53:50 AM

Well because the contracts can't be broken, its the best way to run a decentralized market. Also, its not blockchain based... and is completely anonymous.

I'm not sure if sys is blockchain based or not... I think OB is p2p.

I just posted about the serious security problems with OB and their use of arbiters. You can't use 3rd parties since they can steal the escrow.

Also, they have no way of deciding who is lying in a dispute and are forced to guess.

The markets we have here are tested for over a year now, there is almost no bugs we are pretty much at release candidate.
Aside from just markets Halo itself has like 20 different features. OB doesn't do anything other than markets.

There is templates like the cash for coins with price tracking.

And lastly there has been a reputation system that has been working for a while now. So lots of advantages, now its just a matter of expanding and marketing.
Plus, I've got lots of work to do with NT and the remaining templates/pegging.
sys is blockchain based... we already went over this a few times David.

Syscoin too has encrypted messaging ontop of the blockchain protocol. The IP that people will see is the last relaying node ip and has built in TOR support (although not sur ehow much value that provides)... Once you have a release and open up the code we can sit and play with both and do the pro and con game again.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 01:06:14 PM

sys is blockchain based... we already went over this a few times David.

Syscoin too has encrypted messaging ontop of the blockchain protocol. The IP that people will see is the last relaying node ip and has built in TOR support (although not sur ehow much value that provides)... Once you have a release and open up the code we can sit and play with both and do the pro and con game again.

I knew it was but didn't want to be quoted on it. Plus, I wasn't sure if you made changes recently or if you do some info off the chain.
Plus, I knew you would answer this in your own words Grin

Notice how on reddit when i spoke out against OB I didn't mention Sys. Thats because you support DDE and of course multiple other reasons.
Actually that post was more against the outrageous claims made by BitSquare and their omission of Halo.

By the way, be careful with TOR and Bitcoin, it makes you less anonymous.
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-tor-anonymity-can-busted-2500-month/

Commenters say its only possible in theory but the fud comes from both sides. I think its logical to correlate IP addresses on Tor to a Bitcoin network. In fact, maybe even bitmessage runs similar risk.

However in bitmessage, you dont know who is the originator of a message, since everyone passes it around.
3r197

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 12:26:28 AM

However in bitmessage, you dont know who is the originator of a message, since everyone passes it around.

I wish I knew more about this. If this is the case then why was shadow cash trying to create this ring signature tech that monero proved (back in february) doesn't work. Now shadow cash is trying a new anon approach because ring sig failed.
Yet they are using bitmessage powered network for marketplace like BitBay Halo. So why are they trying to make an anonymous feature on top of an anonymous feature?

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 04:12:51 AM

I wish I knew more about this. If this is the case then why was shadow cash trying to create this ring signature tech that monero proved (back in february) doesn't work. Now shadow cash is trying a new anon approach because ring sig failed.
Yet they are using bitmessage powered network for marketplace like BitBay Halo. So why are they trying to make an anonymous feature on top of an anonymous feature?

Because there is no proof that the attack on Tor works on Bitmessage. Plus maybe you can combine Bitmessage+Tor

The article said not to combine Tor+Bitcoin. Some people even think the attack is theoretical. But you can actually set Tor yourself in Bitcoin by adding it to the config file.

In this next version I'm thinking of adding Tor support or proxy for outbound internet requests. Because right now, my client makes requests to google, davtonia, coinmarketcap and other servers

The reason im thinking of adding some of settings menu now is because I want to add cold staking. I was gonna wait for the templates to finish first but maybe its okay to do some settings now and the rest later.

The cold staking is good news for us and blackcoin. We wont be able to use cold staking until we fork. And I don't think we can use checklocktimeverify until we fork either. I've never done a fork so I need to also
learn how to do one Cheesy

Plus if i do cold staking now, then I might consider doing checklocktimeverify support in the gui. Because in the "advanced sending" tab I've got multiple payees options. So locktime might go there.
And then im also thinking of multiple payors as a two step send! This would be useful for sending to a joint account because currently we have joint account support for no way for synchronous funding!
Of course you can sync fund with a smart contract by why go through the trouble we you only need to leverage 2 step send.

Its funny because if I had those two features, then a person could make a double deposit escrow without even using contract templates!
3r197

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 11:48:01 AM

Plus if i do cold staking now, then I might consider doing checklocktimeverify support in the gui. Because in the "advanced sending" tab I've got multiple payees options. So locktime might go there.
And then im also thinking of multiple payors as a two step send! This would be useful for sending to a joint account because currently we have joint account support for no way for synchronous funding!
Of course you can sync fund with a smart contract by why go through the trouble we you only need to leverage 2 step send.

Its funny because if I had those two features, then a person could make a double deposit escrow without even using contract templates!

Yea that's on my list of things to do. Learn the advanced sending tab features.

So many features!
There's nothing out there that even comes close to comparing to all the options you are providing us!
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 05:11:03 PM

Hey everyone! So I wanted to let you all know we did meet the deadline of the 30th for all 3 builds. However, the guys at slack felt that it was last minute for big marketing push so we are changing our
approach to coding deadlines vs marketing deadlines. This build does not have the next template but it does have major performance updates and the 3 platforms we so badly needed.

I'm extremely happy with these builds. Now we will work on almost all mac and linux. And with any exceptions I have building source we can link to with automated building scripts!

Finally I'm extremely relieved to be able to get back on those platforms after a delay of at least 6 months. Since we got the builds last minute around the 1st of the month, we should have links up shortly.

I will definitely want Mac and Linux testers, there will be a small push for testers in blackcoin and bitcoin as well to speed this up. (waiting for their site to be updated as well)
So now, github is updated, ive got 5 building environments set up at home with lots of scripts and automation... still need to automate my builds a bit more but its getting very nice. Plus we have dominated every
bug on the list. Special thanks to the members who helped me test. Thank you so much.

Future deadlines will decouple my coding deadline with the marketing deadline so we always get builds with 2 weeks lead time to market them. With build in hand. But I will always set separate coding deadlines. This one month deadline proved to be accurate give or take a few days.

I'm going to wait for the core slack team to update the links and post their announcements and feedback on this. So just keep posted for that in the next day or two.
rqdxrocket

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 09:42:58 PM

Hey everyone! So I wanted to let you all know we did meet the deadline of the 30th for all 3 builds. However, the guys at slack felt that it was last minute for big marketing push so we are changing our
approach to coding deadlines vs marketing deadlines. This build does not have the next template but it does have major performance updates and the 3 platforms we so badly needed.

I'm extremely happy with these builds. Now we will work on almost all mac and linux. And with any exceptions I have building source we can link to with automated building scripts!

Finally I'm extremely relieved to be able to get back on those platforms after a delay of at least 6 months. Since we got the builds last minute around the 1st of the month, we should have links up shortly.

I will definitely want Mac and Linux testers, there will be a small push for testers in blackcoin and bitcoin as well to speed this up. (waiting for their site to be updated as well)
So now, github is updated, ive got 5 building environments set up at home with lots of scripts and automation... still need to automate my builds a bit more but its getting very nice. Plus we have dominated every
bug on the list. Special thanks to the members who helped me test. Thank you so much.

Future deadlines will decouple my coding deadline with the marketing deadline so we always get builds with 2 weeks lead time to market them. With build in hand. But I will always set separate coding deadlines. This one month deadline proved to be accurate give or take a few days.

I'm going to wait for the core slack team to update the links and post their announcements and feedback on this. So just keep posted for that in the next day or two.

Thanks for everything David
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 09:59:53 PM

Yes no need to rush let's get everything ready for a very smooth and successful release. No point marketing hard things that are not ready for new people to the scene to understand and get to use without confusing them and putting them off.

Perhaps even a move to pos3 first too. Rather wait a week or two more and feel and feel those coming to bitbay are getting the best user experience we can give them right now.

verb

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 08:45:47 AM

Take your time before marketing but also take your time with marketing. An official blog post (last was more than 6 months ago), newsletter, reddit and other social media channels marketing would be nice, and getting in touch with some crypto news sites to run the release details.

▄▄███▄▄
    ▄▄███████████▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
▀▀██████████████████▀▀ ▄▄
    ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄████
        ▀▀█▀▀ ▄▄█████████
            ▄█████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            █████████████▀
            █████████▀▀
            █████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

Brickblock.io
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║

▄▄██▄
            ▄▄█▀▀  ██
        ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
    ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
▀▀██▄███▀        ██
    ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
    █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
    █▄█▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
▐████
▐████
████████████
████████████
▐████
▐████
▐████
▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀ 
████▄         █████████████▀ 
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████ 
█████████████████████ 
    ▀█████████████████▀
    ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 

▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄
█████▄             ▄██████▄
█████████▄        ████████████▄
██████████▌▄     ██████████████
██████████▌▐█  ▄█████████████▀▄█
██████████▌▐██▄▀████████████ ███
██████████▌▐████▀██████████ ████
██████████▌▐█████ ███████▀▄█████
██████████▌ ▀█████▄▀████ ███████
██████████▌   ▀▀████ ██▄████████
▀█████████▌      ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████████
▀▀█████▌             ▀▀██████
        ▀█▌                  ▀▀█
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
BitBaydev (OP)

Activity: 155
Merit: 11

https://bitbay.market

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 08:17:32 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2016, 11:20:28 AM by BitBaydev

A N N O U N C E M E N T

Through much consideration we have decided to wait with the official public release of the new client once all 3 operating systems are ready for launch and the Buy/Sell template is completed. For now, this update will include a final version of the Windows client and beta version for the Mac and Linux clients. For official downloads of the new client, please visit our website, Bitbay.Market or in the OP of this thread. You can also build the bitbay deamon yourself by going to our new github source: https://github.com/dzimbeck/BitBay Note: That is the deamon only, not the whole client.

We are asking help from the community with testing out the new OS beta versions. Bug bounties will be provided and David will greatly appreciate the effort. Please post any bugs found either on BCT or our Slack “Client” channel to claim your bounty. To further entice volunteers we will provide treasure hunts that will require using the clients many features to find and unlock hidden faucets on the marketplace. David’s been working hard at creating a client compatible with Mac 32 and 62 builds. The Linux 32 and 64 builds have been working like a charm in testing. We have been trying our best to find any bugs in the windows version - so far we’ve only found some minor issues that have been easy to fix (posted on our Slack “Client” channel), thus we feel very comfortable to announce a final version of the Windows client at this time. We will post our first treasure hunt on both BCT and Slack after the release of the new versions. So stick around… many exciting things to come with BitBay.

Feel free to join us on slack:
http://bitbay.market/wp-login.php?action=slack-invitation

David Zimbeck Interview

BitBay Official Twitter: https://twitter.com/BitBayofficial
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: