Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:52:57 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541884 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
btc_zero_sum

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 09:39:14 AM

Hey guys! Check out David's recent radio interview!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjhdX-8DZYc&feature=youtu.be

interesting!  Cool
neo1947

Activity: 449

don t touch my Bits

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 03:01:54 PM

Thanks Kosha!

Hey guys! Check out David's recent radio interview!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjhdX-8DZYc&feature=youtu.be
Thanks for sharing the link,it s a great interview and David just rocks,very glad that still keeping my Bays.

Have a great weekend.
Ruzka

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 10:39:20 PM

Thanks and yes it certainly is. Thanks to all the testers we were able to greatly improve the client. Its getting pretty ironclad. Most bugs ironed out. Currently I'm working on some font and spacing issues. Its coming along nicely. Should push out a new update soon. Within a week.

You see the awesome work you are doing and the sweet and clean client, new updates in a week and nobody knows what is coming up except this thread!? You may not like it but the projects that thrive create hype for their updates and so they should, these updates especially. You have leader advantage so you really need to make the most of that David. I would hate to see this not take off and it would not be because of lack of development. Take sys for instance new development is known all over the exchanges and in the process create new followers and nice volume which attracts more. Good luck, hit me with a pm and maybe I can throw some ideas at ya.

pugilist555

Activity: 474
Merit: 261

GBM

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 11:27:02 PM

Thanks and yes it certainly is. Thanks to all the testers we were able to greatly improve the client. Its getting pretty ironclad. Most bugs ironed out. Currently I'm working on some font and spacing issues. Its coming along nicely. Should push out a new update soon. Within a week.

You see the awesome work you are doing and the sweet and clean client, new updates in a week and nobody knows what is coming up except this thread!? You may not like it but the projects that thrive create hype for their updates and so they should, these updates especially. You have leader advantage so you really need to make the most of that David. I would hate to see this not take off and it would not be because of lack of development. Take sys for instance new development is known all over the exchanges and in the process create new followers and nice volume which attracts more. Good luck, hit me with a pm and maybe I can throw some ideas at ya.

Hey Ruzka...join bitbay slack to share your ideas Smiley

Blockchain technology
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 11:09:26 PM

Thanks for the advice, yeah I agree. Its just hard to hype while coding and also taking care of my personal business. A bit overwhelming. We should come up with a better marketing strategy, I could really use help in that department.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 12:32:58 AM

more discussions on the main board
more things or coins for sale on the market place
maybe we could code out some bots or something to use the market place for even more advanced use
we need to encourage people to try out the marketplace for themselves some how.

HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 12:46:11 AM

David is a great guy but he is just 1 guy to make a stand.
There are others who help him above average (you know who you are), but the way things are going makes it hard for Bay.
Yes it's a legit coin
Yes it's got some great team members
Yes it's got potential but in crypto times goes fast and without a stable client, after 1.5 year it's time for me to bail out. There are many, not just 1, alternatives today.  Which got bigger teams, better marketing and          eventually pegging.

No, I don't think it's over but i do see from other directions there is better innovation. Bay isn't the frontrunner anymore.

Good luck to David. I am happy  to see what passion and heart can do. And you David got a lot of both.

Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 09:58:45 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2016, 01:03:04 PM by Munti

There are others who help him above average (you know who you are), but the way things are going makes it hard for Bay.
Yes it's a legit coin
Yes it's got potential but in crypto times goes fast and without a stable client, after 1.5 year it's time for me to bail out. There are many, not just 1, alternatives today.  Which got bigger teams, better marketing and          eventually pegging.

No, I don't think it's over but i do see from other directions there is better innovation. Bay isn't the frontrunner anymore.

Good luck to David. I am happy  to see what passion and heart can do. And you David got a lot of both.

I'm sorry to see you leave although I do understand that it is frustrating to wait for so long.
You are right about the team being small and David is our only dev. On the other hand, he is probably the most efficient dev in crypto. Most big dev teams have not been able to deliver a fraction of what David has coded all by himself.
I agree things move fast in crypto. To fast! Everyone seems to forget that we are working on software that is designed to handle peoples money. Thorough testing is a must, and can't be skipped or rushed. I tested the release version of the wallet from a competing coin, and immediately got my coins locked. Now we have the DAO situation. It's a good thing we have this sandbox we call the crypto community that allows experimentation and mishaps like that, but incidents like that are totally unacceptable when we want ordinary people to use it. There would be so many law suits, there would be no time for development anymore. We had the win version of our client in beta for more than a year, and I'm glad we did. We found the last bugs only weeks before we released the official release version. It is now rock solid. Mac and linux will stay in beta for a while to make sure there are no OS specific bugs. And when I talk about bugs I don't just mean obvious bugs. Considering that ordinary non tech people are supposed to use this, we have to treat every problem that users can create as a bug, or at the very least give them a warning when they do something that might lead them into trouble. Like not using default install path. There is no way to rush this, so when you say better innovation is coming from other directions I disagree. Ideas come cheap. Anyone can make a roadmap with some fancy innovations. But actually making the software, and then doing the tedious work of finding and removing bugs -that is a whole different beast. To my knowledge our client is the most advanced wallet in existence today, and so far we have only made the fundament. Now we will begin to roll out the exiting stuff...
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 06:05:51 PM

Yes it's a legit coin
Yes it's got potential but in crypto times goes fast and without a stable client, after 1.5 year it's time for me to bail out. There are many, not just 1, alternatives today.  Which got bigger teams, better marketing and          eventually pegging.

Yep sad to see you go. However, was a nice parting compliment to david and the team. Good luck.

I personally think by the end of the year you should check back in and take a look where bay is then.

funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 06:58:31 PM

Yes it's a legit coin

Who's this guy?? Has he ever been on here? He talks about the community not Been  big, yet he was unwilling to do anything or even come on here and comment! Good luck with your Trumpcoin' investment! I hear flappycoin is Gona make a comeback, why not buy that!?
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 08:15:14 AM

Yes it's a legit coin

Who's this guy?? Has he ever been on here? He talks about the community not Been  big, yet he was unwilling to do anything or even come on here and comment! Good luck with your Trumpcoin' investment! I hear flappycoin is Gona make a comeback, why not buy that!?

It's not great when people lose patience and leave. Then again it is an opportunity to scoop up more bay. I'm always grabbing up a few more as and where I can.

3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 02:12:09 PM

So David...

Once the BitBay client is set up to stake.

We can then also remind the exchanges that they could essentially create futures contracts.
So lets say a coin holder deposits his Bays onto an exchange like bittrex or c-cex (screw the thieves @ bter).
The exchange could then create different options for the trader to hold coins.
They could ask that the investor to lock their Bays in the exchange for: 1 week, 2 week, 1 month, 2 month, etc.
These coins would be locked in their possession for the allotted time frame. The exchange would have 2 keys protecting the accounts.
These locked coins would be merged into a larger groups of coins. The coin holders would gain incentives with these options because the grouped coins would have more stake reward potential.
They could post these 'futures' contracts on their websites. Traders could tally the info thus creating speculation on price swings upon contracts fulfilling. The speculation would come from the option given to contract holders to either renew the contract or close out and recover stake reward.
This speculation would cause investors to gamble on price during times of contract renewals. They might try to sell off before the 1 month contracts reach fulfillment thinking that the contract holders will be closing out and thus increasing liquidation on the market. Yet that's where the trickery comes into play. If the contract holders don't close out and renew instead, then speculators just sold at a potential loss and not a premium! The exchanges could also give contract holder renewals incentives. For example, if John enters a 1 month contract, upon fulfillment, he renews and earns an extra .5% earnings on the stake reward total. If he renews again add more, etc.

I know this influences people to leave their coins on a middleman exchange, yet with multisig technology. There should be a way to do this with minimal risk

Thoughts?  
Oops

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

I dropped the cookies.

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 05:37:59 PM

Will we ever see 300 sat again david?
 Huh
 Cry
 Embarrassed
Why cant you use some of your btc you got from the ico to put up a buy wall and help us investors who have been waiting years for you to do something. YEARS and still this project is no further today then it was on day 1.
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 10:34:18 PM

Huh
 Cry
 Embarrassed
Why cant you use some of your btc you got from the ico to put up a buy wall and help us investors who have been waiting years for you to do something. YEARS and still this project is no further today then it was on day 1.

Why don't you investors that have been waiting for years help both David and yourself?
Buy wall doesn't solve much. But spreading the word, translating, and all those other tedious tasks that need to be done, now that would help us all.

And this project has developed a lot since day 1. Test the client, and you will see for yourself.
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 11:55:18 AM

Huh
 Cry
 Embarrassed

Why don't you investors that have been waiting for years help both David and yourself?
Buy wall doesn't solve much. But spreading the word, translating, and all those other tedious tasks that need to be done, now that would help us all.

And this project has developed a lot since day 1. Test the client, and you will see for yourself.

this guy looks like one of Bobs troll guys looking at his past thread posts. This is the second of the week . .seems they are paying attention to us again!?
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 05:33:17 PM

Huh
 Cry
 Embarrassed

No further? What the hell are you talking about?
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 05:35:24 PM

Huh
 Cry
 Embarrassed

this guy looks like one of Bobs troll guys looking at his past thread posts. This is the second of the week . .seems they are paying attention to us again!?

Of course. Their goal is to hurt/propagandize altcoins and altcoin devs. It's nice to know that there is nothing they can do to stop computer code.
neo1947

Activity: 449

don t touch my Bits

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 09:43:13 AM

Looks like BitHalo tech opens ppl eyes that this tech is game changer.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,22720.0.html

Thanks
3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 10:13:52 AM

Thanks

Yeah wait until they see the rolling peg in action as well.
They might have to take it in consideration. Heard the BTC bull run hammered their peg system
wosch76
Legendary

Activity: 942
Merit: 1026

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 10:30:51 AM

Thanks
nice finding.
they are all invited to come over and buy some bitbay Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: