Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:26:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541859 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Gilboa

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2017, 01:54:17 AM

Looking forward to further developments with BitBay.

I sat on some Litecoin since the bubble run of late 2013. I recently traded my LTC holdings all in for BAY. So far so good!

I'm willing to help contribute to the project in any way that I can. I have a background in internet marketing if I can be of assistance. I'm on the BitBay slack as gilboawilson

╓╥███╖                                   
                                  ╥████╝╙████▄                                 
                              ╓████▀         ████▄                             
                          ╥▄████                 ████▄┐                       
                      ╓█████       ┌╗████████        ╨███╥                     
                  ╓╥████╜      ╓╥███▀      ╙████▄╖       ████╥╖               
               ╥████▀       ╓▄███╜              ╙████╖      ╙████╥             
            ╓████        ╓███╝      ╥████████╖      ╙████╖      ╙███           
            ███      ╓███▀      ╥███╜         ████╥      ███╖     ██           
            ███    ╓███     ╓████                ╙███╥    ╘███    ██           
            ███   ▐██     ╥███     ╓╦▄█████▄╥┐      ╙██╕   ███    ██           
            ███   ▐██   ╓███     ╓██╜       ╙██▄     ╘██   ███    ██           
            ███    ██   ▐██    ╒██            ╙██┐    ██   ▐██    ██           
            ███    ██   ▐█▌   ╒██              ▐██    ██   ▐██    ██           
            ███    ██   ▐█    ├█▌              ▐██    ██   ▐██    ██           
            ███    ██▌  ▐█    ╘██              ▐██    ██    ██    ██           
            ███    ███  ▐█╕     ██╖           ▄██     ██    ██    ██           
            ███    ███  ▐██┐     ╙██▄╥╖   ╓╥███     ╓███    ██    ██           
            ███    ██▌   ▀██▄        ╙█████╜      ╥███     ███    ██           
            ███    ▀██      ████╥╖            ╓███▀     ╥▄██      ██           
            ███      ███╖      ╙█████╖     ╥████     ╓███┘       ╔██           
            ╙███╥╖      ▀███╥╖      ╙███████▀    ╓▄███       ╓╥████╝           
               ╙████╦┐     ╙╨███╥             ╥███╜       ╓████╜               
                    ████╖       ╙███╥     ╓▄██╜       ╓▄████                   
                       ╙███▄╗       ╙██████╙      ╓╦████                       
                            ████╖              ╥████                           
                               ╙████╥      ╥████▀                             
                                    ▀███████╜                                 
                                       ╩▀┘                                     
....OPUS...
Music decentralized
..Beta-ready Blockchain based Music Streaming..
  Website | Demo | Whitepaper | Coinmarketcap | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Facebook 
Try the LIVE Ethereum & IPFS beta
     Join Us ✔ Telegram ✔ Discord

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 02:32:10 AM

Looking forward to further developments with BitBay.

I sat on some Litecoin since the bubble run of late 2013. I recently traded my LTC holdings all in for BAY. So far so good!

I'm willing to help contribute to the project in any way that I can. I have a background in internet marketing if I can be of assistance. I'm on the BitBay slack as gilboawilson

Thanks for the intro! Nice to have you on board. Best to just say hello in general on slack and we can chat about it.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 07:06:48 AM

Yes David, fair enough! I like to be surprised anyway so if that works out well I will have to think about it differently.
However, do please update the OP with recent developments: since we (will) have many new people around here it's good to give them a Bay state-of-the-art in the first page!
neo1947

Activity: 449

don t touch my Bits

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 04:54:33 PM

interesting article about hacking a market place.
http://thehackernews.com/2017/01/alphabay-darkweb.html
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 07:03:16 PM

When will people realise that a marketplace needs to be decentralized?
neo1947

don t touch my Bits

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 08:39:40 PM

whan ppl care to research and read below will realize how it can be prevented with two separate keys.

http://bitbay.market/about/security/
cr197

Activity: 304
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 09:59:55 PM

whan ppl care to research and read below will realize how it can be prevented with two separate keys.

So that is 2 back to back articles in favor of increasing demand for a decentralized trustless marketplace.

China's regulations in the form of more transactions fees on chinese bitcoin exchanges causing the volume to drop to levels that are bottomed out on bitcoinwisdom charts!
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-24/chinese-bitcoin-trading-volumes-crash-90-overnight

This really puts decentralized trustless exchanges in high demand!

The sad news about this though is that they also cracked down on VPN's making them illegal for their citizens to use
http://thehackernews.com/2017/01/china-firewall-vpn.html

So on a peer to peer marketplace like BitBay, could they shut it down in their country or only shut down accessibility to the websites that supply the downloads for the client?

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 11:03:05 PM

So that is 2 back to back articles in favor of increasing demand for a decentralized trustless marketplace.

China's regulations in the form of more transactions fees on chinese bitcoin exchanges causing the volume to drop to levels that are bottomed out on bitcoinwisdom charts!
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-24/chinese-bitcoin-trading-volumes-crash-90-overnight

The sad news about this though is that they also cracked down on VPN's making them illegal for their citizens to use

So on a peer to peer marketplace like BitBay, could they shut it down in their country or only shut down accessibility to the websites that supply the downloads for the client?

Bitbay can't be shut down to my knowledge. It's peer to peer
cr197

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 11:16:02 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2017, 12:15:01 AM by cr197

Bitbay can't be shut down to my knowledge. It's peer to peer

Right that's what I thought. So the only thing the Chinese government could do is hinder the ability for people to download BitHalo and/or BitBay

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 12:53:53 AM

It could be possible for the government to track IP addresses that use the markets and get angry at you if you connect to enough of them. They could run a botnet too and try to control most of the network. But by and large that is not the fault in Bitmessage. The same problem exists with TOR too. Perhaps someone will solve encrypted IP (Demonsaw was doing something new?). Most likely humanity will NEED 3d printers that can make electronics to completely save themselves. That way they can print cellphones, radio receivers and mesh networks. Until the government starts triangulating those signals and killing their own citizens? Who knows, but we need to do what we can for our freedom.

In a dystopia expect anything that frees people to be made illegal. In many countries you can't even own your own land. In USA you can't collect rainwater, feed the homeless(in Florida) or sell raw milk(even though 90% of the world sells raw milk and its better for you). It has gotten absurd. I'm surprised they don't charge for air. Apparently with Obamacare you have to pay to exist (forced health insurance under the threat of jail). Oh how he "cares" so much about us. Protecting us from ourselves.

Regardless, this technology especially 3d printing is too hard to control. And it is the best way for everyone to proceed! Passive resistance, sort of like Gandhi taught. To break unjust laws and passively and peacefully resist the government until they can no longer do anything about it.
CryptoRambler

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 03:34:12 PM

It could be possible for the government to track IP addresses that use the markets and get angry at you if you connect to enough of them. They could run a botnet too and try to control most of the network. But by and large that is not the fault in Bitmessage. The same problem exists with TOR too. Perhaps someone will solve encrypted IP (Demonsaw was doing something new?). Most likely humanity will NEED 3d printers that can make electronics to completely save themselves. That way they can print cellphones, radio receivers and mesh networks. Until the government starts triangulating those signals and killing their own citizens? Who knows, but we need to do what we can for our freedom.

In a dystopia expect anything that frees people to be made illegal. In many countries you can't even own your own land. In USA you can't collect rainwater, feed the homeless(in Florida) or sell raw milk(even though 90% of the world sells raw milk and its better for you). It has gotten absurd. I'm surprised they don't charge for air. Apparently with Obamacare you have to pay to exist (forced health insurance under the threat of jail). Oh how he "cares" so much about us. Protecting us from ourselves.

Regardless, this technology especially 3d printing is too hard to control. And it is the best way for everyone to proceed! Passive resistance, sort of like Gandhi taught. To break unjust laws and passively and peacefully resist the government until they can no longer do anything about it.

Really just need decentralized electricity and decentralized TCP ip. Whoever creates internet 2,3,4 will make billions

Edit. P2P is the loophole in the current governmental systems. Outlawing P2P would awaken most people to the fact that they have no rights
neo1947

don t touch my Bits

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 04:35:18 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2017, 05:03:03 PM by neo1947

what ve noticed that Tor is not 100% reliable coz this kind of news coming out maybe not often but bugging  me.
P2P is the best option we have imo.
Downloaded new cl and qt and both synced faster than l was expecting,thanks again David and rest.
an other interesting article regarding tor.
http://www.burojansen.nl/pdf/dutchsecretservicetriestorecruittoradmin.pdf
cr197

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 07:28:36 PM

Yeah we noticed that too about the sync speed.

Gilboa

Activity: 317

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2017, 10:26:53 PM

Just set up a market contract and had the offer accepted:

The client and market seemed a little more intimidating than it actually is. It's nice and intuitive once you go through the process of creating a listing and making the trade.

This is great! Having been an eBay/Amazon seller, I can't wait for more developments in this area! No middlemen or fee nonsense is pure gold!

╓╥███╖                                   
                                  ╥████╝╙████▄                                 
                              ╓████▀         ████▄                             
                          ╥▄████                 ████▄┐                       
                      ╓█████       ┌╗████████        ╨███╥                     
                  ╓╥████╜      ╓╥███▀      ╙████▄╖       ████╥╖               
               ╥████▀       ╓▄███╜              ╙████╖      ╙████╥             
            ╓████        ╓███╝      ╥████████╖      ╙████╖      ╙███           
            ███      ╓███▀      ╥███╜         ████╥      ███╖     ██           
            ███    ╓███     ╓████                ╙███╥    ╘███    ██           
            ███   ▐██     ╥███     ╓╦▄█████▄╥┐      ╙██╕   ███    ██           
            ███   ▐██   ╓███     ╓██╜       ╙██▄     ╘██   ███    ██           
            ███    ██   ▐██    ╒██            ╙██┐    ██   ▐██    ██           
            ███    ██   ▐█    ├█▌              ▐██    ██   ▐██    ██           
            ███    ███  ▐█╕     ██╖           ▄██     ██    ██    ██           
            ███    ███  ▐██┐     ╙██▄╥╖   ╓╥███     ╓███    ██    ██           
            ███    ██▌   ▀██▄        ╙█████╜      ╥███     ███    ██           
            ███    ▀██      ████╥╖            ╓███▀     ╥▄██      ██           
            ███      ███╖      ╙█████╖     ╥████     ╓███┘       ╔██           
            ╙███╥╖      ▀███╥╖      ╙███████▀    ╓▄███       ╓╥████╝           
               ╙████╦┐     ╙╨███╥             ╥███╜       ╓████╜               
                    ████╖       ╙███╥     ╓▄██╜       ╓▄████                   
                       ╙███▄╗       ╙██████╙      ╓╦████                       
                            ████╖              ╥████                           
                               ╙████╥      ╥████▀                             
                                    ▀███████╜                                 
                                       ╩▀┘                                     
....OPUS...
Music decentralized
..Beta-ready Blockchain based Music Streaming..
  Website | Demo | Whitepaper | Coinmarketcap | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Facebook 
Try the LIVE Ethereum & IPFS beta
     Join Us ✔ Telegram ✔ Discord
cr197

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 10:40:11 AM

The client and market seemed a little more intimidating than it actually is. It's nice and intuitive once you go through the process of creating a listing and making the trade.

This is great! Having been an eBay/Amazon seller, I can't wait for more developments in this area! No middlemen or fee nonsense is pure gold!

Yeah and I'm sure there will be a way to utilize python programmable contracts to automate musicians' and artists' works with some sort of download link that auto destructs after 3 downloads (or something similar).
Wouldn't that be something if they finally had a way to bypass the middlemen like itunes, spotify, etc.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 10:51:09 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2017, 11:22:17 AM by cryptohunter

Yeah and I'm sure there will be a way to utilize python programmable contracts to automate musicians' and artists' works with some sort of download link that auto destructs after 3 downloads (or something similar).
Wouldn't that be something if they finally had a way to bypass the middlemen like itunes, spotify, etc.

The possibilities are pretty much endless. I wonder how anyone can sell this at all. I keep looking around for other projects to compare to this one. I see nothing on this board that can not be pretty much taken care of by bay.  

I was previously hoping we could use bay for a fast and efficient alt coin trading platform , now I am really hoping that we can. Centralised exchanges are the worst part about crypto.

cr197

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 12:22:32 PM

The possibilities are pretty much endless. I wonder how anyone can sell this at all. I keep looking around for other projects to compare to this one. I see nothing on this board that can not be pretty much taken care of by bay.  

I was previously hoping we could use bay for a fast and efficient alt coin trading platform , now I am really hoping that we can. Centralised exchanges are the worst part about crypto.

Yeah who knows. Maybe we can find a way to trade coins for the Chinese for a cheap fee.  Cheesy

It sucks that they are also blocking VPN services over their but that can only block websites, not the client since it's p2p.
So yeah they could hinder downloading the client, but they could still pass it around with various mirror sites I guess.

If they don't want BitBay they could use BitHalo. Creating a trustless underground exchange.

cr197

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 12:29:57 PM

I figured BTC would drop in price with the squeeze on the Chinese volume.

What could be the reasoning? Chinese miners accumulating in protest?

Something has got to happen. These idiots can't just smack larger fees on exchanges and think that it wouldn't cause repercussion. They obviously need to adjust the fee. Cause they are now losing money.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 02:01:46 PM

Yeah who knows. Maybe we can find a way to trade coins for the Chinese for a cheap fee.  Cheesy

It sucks that they are also blocking VPN services over their but that can only block websites, not the client since it's p2p.
So yeah they could hinder downloading the client, but they could still pass it around with various mirror sites I guess.

If they don't want BitBay they could use BitHalo. Creating a trustless underground exchange.

I would hope they can find a way to download a small file like the client from somewhere.

I suppose they could even outlaw P2P altogether? it may be hard to enforce but even one or 2 harsh punishments for using it would probably put the scare into the rest of them.

Is the staking in the market place coming before the pegging or at the same time does anyone know?

I've seached this thread but I can not find the reply or even the question I asked before.

It was how are people creating unbreakable paypal to bay contracts? how about if they chargeback weeks later? how to avoid that?

Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 03:51:54 PM

Is the staking in the market place coming before the pegging or at the same time does anyone know?

Staking is coming first. It will be in the next release

It was how are people creating unbreakable paypal to bay contracts? how about if they chargeback weeks later? how to avoid that?

We don't recommend paypal because of the risk for chargebacks. There are a lot of other options that are better, like prepaid credit cards or instant transfers by phone.
That said, I guess you could do it for small transactions if you charge a fee to cover the occassional loss.
Pages: « 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: