Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:33:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541859 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 03:55:51 PM

The possibilities are pretty much endless. I wonder how anyone can sell this at all. I keep looking around for other projects to compare to this one. I see nothing on this board that can not be pretty much taken care of by bay.  

I was previously hoping we could use bay for a fast and efficient alt coin trading platform , now I am really hoping that we can. Centralised exchanges are the worst part about crypto.

Yeah who knows. Maybe we can find a way to trade coins for the Chinese for a cheap fee.  Cheesy

It sucks that they are also blocking VPN services over their but that can only block websites, not the client since it's p2p.
So yeah they could hinder downloading the client, but they could still pass it around with various mirror sites I guess.

If they don't want BitBay they could use BitHalo. Creating a trustless underground exchange.

I would hope they can find a way to download a small file like the client from somewhere.

I suppose they could even outlaw P2P altogether? it may be hard to enforce but even one or 2 harsh punishments for using it would probably put the scare into the rest of them.

Is the staking in the market place coming before the pegging or at the same time does anyone know?

I've seached this thread but I can not find the reply or even the question I asked before.

It was how are people creating unbreakable paypal to bay contracts? how about if they chargeback weeks later? how to avoid that?

I'm not sure its possible to outlaw p2p. Think how many connections are made via direct IP. It doesn't make sense. I guess they could flag IP addresses they know use p2p networks but that is sort of weird because that could effect those same IP addresses for other things. They could have web providers limit bandwidth to only certain networks but then users can still use various methods of encrypted data transfer on top of that, "social cryptography"

Even if they could outlaw p2p, that is a long ways away. There is also encrypted tcp maybe something like Demonsaw? https://www.demonsaw.com/#

I'm not sure I understand how demonsaw works though... I realize they make it look like regular web traffic but why can't that be detected by an attacker? If they know the encryption or have the software can they identify hosts or routers?

I think again mesh networks are the BEST way to go so the key is to focus on these problems and solve them before we are stopped from using p2p.

But like I've said the government has their hands full chasing their own tail. And nobody with common sense trusts them anymore(I've eliminated all media and beliefs from my life to defend against it). Its really the worlds only problem (government bullshit and propaganda)

Its really a serious problem. People need to start learning about radio and mesh networks so we can simply bypass ALL telcom. This means cellphones need to be turned into routers first of all. Actually funny thing about that! Most cellphone companies don't allow tethering! Some of the phones need to be rooted to do it. Although I think USB tether is always possible.

The point is cellphones must be 3d printed, routers 3d printed. Small "satellite" systems using 3d printed solar powered balloons and repeaters (maybe hidden in plain sight)

Everything needs to be 3d printed to finally destroy the monster that is the media. The media should be extinct, its a billion times more important than "decentralized money". And controlling the internet is already being done! They are usually a few steps ahead of the citizens. You can't get honest search results in google, almost every subject taught in "school" is false (and I mean no exceptions, it really is all deliberately deceptive). Okay sure there are exceptions in basic math and basic engineering. But even the worlds best patents are suppressed so we get taught 2nd rate engineering too. And our math is horribly structured with paradoxical thinking (axiom of choice, nonsense irrational numbers). True math is "finitism" as per example by Norman Wildberger

When we have 3d printers that can rotate materials, we can open source electronics and end the ridiculousness of suppressed technology.

So thats my rant on that subject. I don't see p2p being outlawed any time soon but the media has got to go. People should subvert telcom altogether and come up with a true mesh network that can never be shut down. Realize if there was a big war or they shut down the internet Bitcoin will go down with it.

As for the staking, yes it WILL be available before pegging. Actually its the next update! With a bunch of other features and it might include advanced payments. It depends if I finish this update soon I can do it in two small updates or one big one.

Paypal some people have done it, if you do "cash for coins" you will see it is NOT recommended as a payment method. The recommended payment methods are cash deals with western union and moneygram etc.

If you want to avoid chargebacks in Paypal, hold their funds for 30 days or until they message Paypal saying that the deal went through fairly and they will not chargeback.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 05:56:07 PM

The possibilities are pretty much endless. I wonder how anyone can sell this at all. I keep looking around for other projects to compare to this one. I see nothing on this board that can not be pretty much taken care of by bay.  

I was previously hoping we could use bay for a fast and efficient alt coin trading platform , now I am really hoping that we can. Centralised exchanges are the worst part about crypto.

Yeah who knows. Maybe we can find a way to trade coins for the Chinese for a cheap fee.  Cheesy

It sucks that they are also blocking VPN services over their but that can only block websites, not the client since it's p2p.
So yeah they could hinder downloading the client, but they could still pass it around with various mirror sites I guess.

If they don't want BitBay they could use BitHalo. Creating a trustless underground exchange.

I would hope they can find a way to download a small file like the client from somewhere.

I suppose they could even outlaw P2P altogether? it may be hard to enforce but even one or 2 harsh punishments for using it would probably put the scare into the rest of them.

Is the staking in the market place coming before the pegging or at the same time does anyone know?

I've seached this thread but I can not find the reply or even the question I asked before.

It was how are people creating unbreakable paypal to bay contracts? how about if they chargeback weeks later? how to avoid that?

I'm not sure its possible to outlaw p2p. Think how many connections are made via direct IP. It doesn't make sense. I guess they could flag IP addresses they know use p2p networks but that is sort of weird because that could effect those same IP addresses for other things. They could have web providers limit bandwidth to only certain networks but then users can still use various methods of encrypted data transfer on top of that, "social cryptography"

Even if they could outlaw p2p, that is a long ways away. There is also encrypted tcp maybe something like Demonsaw? https://www.demonsaw.com/#

I'm not sure I understand how demonsaw works though... I realize they make it look like regular web traffic but why can't that be detected by an attacker? If they know the encryption or have the software can they identify hosts or routers?

I think again mesh networks are the BEST way to go so the key is to focus on these problems and solve them before we are stopped from using p2p.

But like I've said the government has their hands full chasing their own tail. And nobody with common sense trusts them anymore(I've eliminated all media and beliefs from my life to defend against it). Its really the worlds only problem (government bullshit and propaganda)

Its really a serious problem. People need to start learning about radio and mesh networks so we can simply bypass ALL telcom. This means cellphones need to be turned into routers first of all. Actually funny thing about that! Most cellphone companies don't allow tethering! Some of the phones need to be rooted to do it. Although I think USB tether is always possible.

The point is cellphones must be 3d printed, routers 3d printed. Small "satellite" systems using 3d printed solar powered balloons and repeaters (maybe hidden in plain sight)

Everything needs to be 3d printed to finally destroy the monster that is the media. The media should be extinct, its a billion times more important than "decentralized money". And controlling the internet is already being done! They are usually a few steps ahead of the citizens. You can't get honest search results in google, almost every subject taught in "school" is false (and I mean no exceptions, it really is all deliberately deceptive). Okay sure there are exceptions in basic math and basic engineering. But even the worlds best patents are suppressed so we get taught 2nd rate engineering too. And our math is horribly structured with paradoxical thinking (axiom of choice, nonsense irrational numbers). True math is "finitism" as per example by Norman Wildberger

When we have 3d printers that can rotate materials, we can open source electronics and end the ridiculousness of suppressed technology.

So thats my rant on that subject. I don't see p2p being outlawed any time soon but the media has got to go. People should subvert telcom altogether and come up with a true mesh network that can never be shut down. Realize if there was a big war or they shut down the internet Bitcoin will go down with it.

As for the staking, yes it WILL be available before pegging. Actually its the next update! With a bunch of other features and it might include advanced payments. It depends if I finish this update soon I can do it in two small updates or one big one.

Paypal some people have done it, if you do "cash for coins" you will see it is NOT recommended as a payment method. The recommended payment methods are cash deals with western union and moneygram etc.

If you want to avoid chargebacks in Paypal, hold their funds for 30 days or until they message Paypal saying that the deal went through fairly and they will not chargeback.

That's all very interesting indeed. I didn't realise 3d printers were anywhere near able to print this kind of thing. Mesh networks do sound very interesting.

Yes paypal is super risky, I think you can withdraw funds after a few days if you have a verified account so that could be an option but you risk getting the account closed if they say they never got what they ordered. Does it matter if they send it as a gift? or can they get around that by saying the account was hacked and funds spent without permission.

Anyway we need to replace paypal eventually with BAY so it's not a big deal. Smiley instant bank transfer is best for now. I guess local bitbay will start to take off after the marketplace grows to a serious user base level.

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 06:11:21 PM

Yeah of course I was saying bank wire and direct deposit is best. But Chase bank for example doesn't allow other people to put cash in your account... its totally ridiculous. Paypal I was saying you have to tell them to alert the moderators that they will not reverse or dispute it and the service was rendered. Maybe "gift" is also possible. You could also hold their payment for 30-60 days but thats pretty brutal.

Also no, 3d printers are not even close to making electronics yet. But that is the goal humanity should set to decentralize manufacturing and open sourcing technology to get off the grid once and for all.
RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 01:55:17 AM

Yeah of course I was saying bank wire and direct deposit is best. But Chase bank for example doesn't allow other people to put cash in your account... its totally ridiculous. Paypal I was saying you have to tell them to alert the moderators that they will not reverse or dispute it and the service was rendered. Maybe "gift" is also possible. You could also hold their payment for 30-60 days but thats pretty brutal.

Also no, 3d printers are not even close to making electronics yet. But that is the goal humanity should set to decentralize manufacturing and open sourcing technology to get off the grid once and for all.

I'm right up there on your soapbox with you David, gov't is the "new root of all evil"

"Anyway we need to replace paypal eventually with BAY so it's not a big deal." And that my friends is THE goal and not that far fetched any more!

And lastly, 3D printing of electronic components is happening now. Basically connectors and film caps and such but getting better. Here's one of many promising technologies:

https://www.optomec.com/printed-electronics/aerosol-jet-technology/

Nothing stays still for very long these days!

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 02:54:31 AM

I'm right up there on your soapbox with you David, gov't is the "new root of all evil"

"Anyway we need to replace paypal eventually with BAY so it's not a big deal." And that my friends is THE goal and not that far fetched any more!

And lastly, 3D printing of electronic components is happening now. Basically connectors and film caps and such but getting better. Here's one of many promising technologies:

https://www.optomec.com/printed-electronics/aerosol-jet-technology/

Nothing stays still for very long these days!

Ahh thanks for the link, I archived it Smiley

Yeah being able to change materials in the printer head is key. This looks good however I'm not sure its commercially viable yet. They need to be able to print a cellphone with the case in one print to make it viable for the lazy consumer. Craig was the one who got me interested in the magic of graphene. Also I don't mean to be preachy about government, it's just that getting off the grid allows us to master everything. It lowers our resource footprint, it reduces the amount we consume, it increases quality of life and it ensures that our childrens children will always have a home. It's not just an investment that pays off in this lifetime but in every life that follows it. Products that literally last 100s of years. Cars should have been electric, compressed air, water powered, or biodiesel with no friction using electromagnetic or hydraulic parts, infinite gear transmissions, foam filled tires and other things.

Actually I will share something with you guys that I work on part time. It's a spreadsheet with all of the worlds best tech. I'm trying to get the most level and unbiased opinion on these techs and more importantly their costs and time investments and hidden drawbacks. Also I'm exploring solutions to each tech. For example in construction, there are things like tire homes, buried grain silos, CEB, aircrete, 3d printed concrete etc. The key is to find a solution that helps the poorest people in the world get off the grid in a good way. Then have solutions for lower class, and lastly middle class. Then we do like an "editors choice" where we award the best tech in each category. Lastly there is "future tech" which is things that can't be bought easily or in every country or something we think we be the "future solution" like airships with for transportation for example or 3d printed dirt/cob homes. Then it gets open sourced on a website.

Check this out...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tNjbWu1j7l44nm9LLbANhgesUKY7LZDtflz05n3XmIE/edit#gid=0
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 09:11:28 AM

David... you surprise us all the time! You're such a smart guy!
 Wink

I've never heard of some very interesting techs you mention. Thanks a lot
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 12:56:40 PM

Wink

Thanks, it is meant to eventually be open sourced. Since a lot of the data I had to guess based on research. I'm sure the people who have worked those projects can give much more pros and cons. That spreadsheet is nowhere near finished. Obviously when it comes to tech there is almost endless things that got innovated and later on ignored or unused.
RJF19

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 06:21:18 PM

Wink

Thanks, it is meant to eventually be open sourced. Since a lot of the data I had to guess based on research. I'm sure the people who have worked those projects can give much more pros and cons. That spreadsheet is nowhere near finished. Obviously when it comes to tech there is almost endless things that got innovated and later on ignored or unused.

Lots of cool stuff in there for sure! If we open our minds a bit, some of the things that we take for granted are actual harbingers of the future. Consider asphalt roads. Are they not "printed" right now? You put raw material in a hopper, melt it and spread it in a thin ribbon behind a moving nozzle. Is that not "printing" on a grand scale? How about spray concrete? Same principle. And fiberglass boat building which has existed for many years. Mix resin and hardener at the nozzle and spray successive layers onto a waxed wood frame. Spray enough layers and you have a solid boat hull, same with the individual parts. Seems to me it's only a matter of scale to print micro electronics and houses.

I would say we are at a turning point where many old technologies are morphing into new applications that are easier, cheaper and better. Lets hope corporate greed doesn't ruin it all as they have in the past...

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 12:02:04 AM

Wink

Lots of cool stuff in there for sure! If we open our minds a bit, some of the things that we take for granted are actual harbingers of the future. Consider asphalt roads. Are they not "printed" right now? You put raw material in a hopper, melt it and spread it in a thin ribbon behind a moving nozzle. Is that not "printing" on a grand scale? How about spray concrete? Same principle. And fiberglass boat building which has existed for many years. Mix resin and hardener at the nozzle and spray successive layers onto a waxed wood frame. Spray enough layers and you have a solid boat hull, same with the individual parts. Seems to me it's only a matter of scale to print micro electronics and houses.

I would say we are at a turning point where many old technologies are morphing into new applications that are easier, cheaper and better. Lets hope corporate greed doesn't ruin it all as they have in the past...

You are right, I didn't realize so many things were already "printed". Well the good thing about houses is they are being 3d printed now, so this is extremely close to being commercially viable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SObzNdyRTBs
RJF19

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 01:53:42 AM

Wink

You are right, I didn't realize so many things were already "printed". Well the good thing about houses is they are being 3d printed now, so this is extremely close to being commercially viable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SObzNdyRTBs

Yep, happening now, gotta love it! Now lets print some cars. There's a challenge for Mr Musk...

Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 09:12:13 AM

I like the tyres recycling possibilities very much. It seems the best way to recycle and build resistant houses' foundations in areas where earthquakes are common
neo1947

Activity: 449

don t touch my Bits

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 02:29:03 PM

I like the tyres recycling possibilities very much. It seems the best way to recycle and build resistant houses' foundations in areas where earthquakes are common
what about printing food,organs ?
https://themerkle.com/5-shocking-3d-printed-objects/

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 03:14:25 PM

Dude the tires is amazing I can tell you it's 20 minutes per tire pounding dirt. My friends dad built one. In Mexico we have very cheap labor so if you pay by the tire like a dollar a tire you will get your house built and a very large one built for a couple thousand. For a few hundred per wall spray on stucco for a nice finish and protect against offgassing.

My other favorites on the list are Expandable Chinese Shipping Container homes that slide out in both directions. You can get a set of 2 houses for 5,000 USD and each one is 15 ft by 20 ft roughly. Shipping was about 1500 or so.

Also I like Cob 3d dirt printing. I also dedicated an entire section to aircrete and i can see it being mixed with flyash(which is recycled). You can mix with hemp for ultra strength. The aircrete was so inspirational that I bought the machine and have had long talks with the guy from Gibran center.

Compressed earth bricks are great but they need to cure for a few weeks. Unless you buy the very expensive horizontal press and those can and should be dry stacked because they are uniform height. Interlocking bricks is a gimmick use rebar instead. I think if you've got 20k the horizontal press pays for itself. I think that is the one that makes uniform bricks.

Earth bags are good but getting those very long bags is actually hard to find and not as cheap as it looks. It requires a little research.

But those are some of the best ones. However they are all so exciting and this research will take me a year to finish.

I'm trying to find a clear "winner". Tires is definitely up near the top. But CEB 3d printing Aircrete Cob and inflatable forms are also very interesting.

Dirt homes have the best advantages for insulation being resistant to pests and being free and locally sourced. Which also makes underground options interesting if a flooding technique is found that is cheap.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 03:18:08 PM

what about printing food,organs ?
https://themerkle.com/5-shocking-3d-printed-objects/

Yeah I've seen 3d food. Someone said it tasted great! Cheesy

Organs I haven't seen will add this to my archives.
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 11:41:50 PM

Free coins inside this image

Inside this image you will find a zip file that contains the keys for this wallet: baeMVkp9KSoB77HD3iMSPPwGh3T89MvXA7
The keys are password protected, and you get a hint in the txt file that is also in there
The coins are yours to keep if you are able to get them out

CryptoRambler

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 12:29:31 AM

Wink

I like spray on solar cells

https://www.fastcoexist.com/3039981/these-cheap-invisible-solar-cells-can-be-spray-painted-on-anything
Gilboa

Activity: 317

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2017, 01:58:45 AM

Free coins inside this image

Inside this image you will find a zip file that contains the keys for this wallet: baeMVkp9KSoB77HD3iMSPPwGh3T89MvXA7
The keys are password protected, and you get a hint in the txt file that is also in there
The coins are yours to keep if you are able to get them out

Tried my hand at it but couldn't extract the zip file lol

╓╥███╖                                   
                                  ╥████╝╙████▄                                 
                              ╓████▀         ████▄                             
                          ╥▄████                 ████▄┐                       
                      ╓█████       ┌╗████████        ╨███╥                     
                  ╓╥████╜      ╓╥███▀      ╙████▄╖       ████╥╖               
               ╥████▀       ╓▄███╜              ╙████╖      ╙████╥             
            ╓████        ╓███╝      ╥████████╖      ╙████╖      ╙███           
            ███      ╓███▀      ╥███╜         ████╥      ███╖     ██           
            ███    ╓███     ╓████                ╙███╥    ╘███    ██           
            ███   ▐██     ╥███     ╓╦▄█████▄╥┐      ╙██╕   ███    ██           
            ███   ▐██   ╓███     ╓██╜       ╙██▄     ╘██   ███    ██           
            ███    ██   ▐██    ╒██            ╙██┐    ██   ▐██    ██           
            ███    ██   ▐█▌   ╒██              ▐██    ██   ▐██    ██           
            ███    ██   ▐█▌   ╒██              ▐██    ██   ▐██    ██           
            ███    ██   ▐█    ├█▌              ▐██    ██   ▐██    ██           
            ███    ██▌  ▐█    ╘██              ▐██    ██    ██    ██           
            ███    ██▌  ▐█    ╘██              ▐██    ██    ██    ██           
            ███    ███  ▐█╕     ██╖           ▄██     ██    ██    ██           
            ███    ███  ▐██┐     ╙██▄╥╖   ╓╥███     ╓███    ██    ██           
            ███    ██▌   ▀██▄        ╙█████╜      ╥███     ███    ██           
            ███    ▀██      ████╥╖            ╓███▀     ╥▄██      ██           
            ███      ███╖      ╙█████╖     ╥████     ╓███┘       ╔██           
            ╙███╥╖      ▀███╥╖      ╙███████▀    ╓▄███       ╓╥████╝           
               ╙████╦┐     ╙╨███╥             ╥███╜       ╓████╜               
                    ████╖       ╙███╥     ╓▄██╜       ╓▄████                   
                       ╙███▄╗       ╙██████╙      ╓╦████                       
                            ████╖              ╥████                           
                               ╙████╥      ╥████▀                             
                                    ▀███████╜                                 
                                       ╩▀┘                                     
....OPUS...
Music decentralized
..Beta-ready Blockchain based Music Streaming..
  Website | Demo | Whitepaper | Coinmarketcap | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Facebook 
Try the LIVE Ethereum & IPFS beta
     Join Us ✔ Telegram ✔ Discord
Munti

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 02:20:32 AM

How did you try to extract it?
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2017, 02:31:35 AM

How did you try to extract it?

here is one way to hide files in images ...

the reverse is also true ...

http://www.wikihow.com/Hide-a-File-in-an-Image-File/ ...

#crysx

Munti

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 02:35:49 AM

There is lots of sofware for doing it, but I doubt you will succeed with 3rd party software.
You need to use the client for it.
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: