Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:39:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: To contact Xapo Support, please use our FAQs (https://support.xapo.com/)  (Read 64102 times)
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 08:18:50 PM

Login works fine for me.

I'm glad for you. You must be very smart.
Thanks I guess? I was just letting you know that it worked for me, so maybe the issue was resolved.

https://twitter.com/briceb8e/status/650729771534520320

FYI: apparently the #bitcoin conversion fee of @xapo is about 1.5% whereas @ecoinio is about 3%. Unfortunately those fees aren't disclosed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3nh3ml/xapo_ecoin_hidden_fees/
That isn't a hidden fee in my eyes as it's clearly stated in their FAQ:

Does Xapo charge a fee to buy bitcoins?
Xapo charges a fee of 1%. Also, processing fees may apply depending on the payment method.
Source: Does Xapo charge a fee to buy bitcoins?

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 08:22:41 PM

Login works fine for me.

I'm glad for you. You must be very smart.
Thanks I guess? I was just letting you know that it worked for me, so maybe the issue was resolved.

FYI: apparently the #bitcoin conversion fee of @xapo is about 1.5% whereas @ecoinio is about 3%. Unfortunately those fees aren't disclosed.

That isn't a hidden fee in my eyes as it's clearly stated in their FAQ:

Does Xapo charge a fee to buy bitcoins?
Xapo charges a fee of 1%. Also, processing fees may apply depending on the payment method.
Source: Does Xapo charge a fee to buy bitcoins?

They don't make it clear enough that this 1% fee applies to transactions with the debit card: https://support.xapo.com/what-fees-are-associated-with-the-xapo-debit-card

No mention of this 1% fee here.
Xapo_Partners

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 10:11:57 PM

Xapo is a joke. I sent $50 to it and now I can't even login - it shows 5 red animated dots forever ... sent support request, received no reply after a week of waiting. $40 millions in funding can't even buy a working login page?

https://photos-1.dropbox.com/t/2/AABAxETl5cusuY22WHvdYImD27RbH_KDvq8ZseJ0O8dC3Q/12/34066005/png/32x32/1/1443970800/0/2/xapo.PNG/CNWcnxAgASACIAMgBiAHKAI/RjF1DiAfYuqn4GkHWYyOAO_vAEF5sinib81lUxkuB5w?size=1280x960&size_mode=2

Assuming you did this but.. did you make sure your internet connection was working ok? We had no delays in page loading times.
Xapo_Partners

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 10:22:03 PM

Is there a way to combine email addresses into the same account? I belatedly realized I used a 2nd email address for a faucet game that I withdrew some funds from, to Xapo. So I set up a Xapo account for the 2nd email address, but now it is saying I can't use my same phone # for 2FA, and without that I seemingly can't transfer any funds received to the 2nd account.

We associate your internal used ID to the email used to create your account (AKA primary email).
In order to fix this you will need to switch your mobile phone to the account with the email you'd like to use. Before you do that make sure you transfer whatever funds you have in your 2nd email address to your account of choice. Otherwise after we switch your phone to your primary email (which would now be associated with this account), you wont be able to make transfers from the second account.

Please send us a support ticket and mention this conversation and I will follow up for our team to help you.
Xapo_Partners

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 12:50:24 AM

We see a similar issue with advcash's exchange rates. This leave Bit-X as the only honest Bitcoin debit card service, in my opinion. They use the market exchange rates for card transactions and all fees are stated clearly: https://bit-x.com/guide/bitx-cards

When you use your debit card we collect the bitcoins you are using and sell them in the market. There is a charge for this and therefore a fee.
I will notify our team to make this more clearly visible and stated in our FAQs.

As for Bit-X if I'm not mistaken they charge you $10 to activate your card, $3 per month active fee or $10 per month inactive fee, $10 per ATM use fee, $3 per point of sale use fee and a 5% currency conversion if you use your card in a non-US or non-EURO currency.
christycalhoun

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:36:56 AM

Can anyone tell me why I should use bit-x over xapo's service?

Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 02:29:57 PM

You means for wallet or debit card?

For wallet i prefer to Bit-X. xapo is have good features too, for web wallet, but in fact don't store your amount on web wallet for long term.
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 03:29:08 PM

I am using these both wallets and enjoying both have good features now I am going to apply debit card for bit-x as xapo is not offering this service in our country
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:00:16 PM

Ultimately it's up to you.

Personally, I own both Bit-X and Xapo debit cards and both are great. The things that make me use my Bit-X card more often are simple things like: I have a lot more control on the card (in the card settings I can change which wallets to deduct BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP from, which country to allow spending from, impose limits on my spending daily and monthly and in the case of a stolen or lost card I can immediately switch it off and unlink my balances as well as disable all operations that originate from the internet).

As for fees, they are very similar (Named Bit-X Version compared to the Xapo Card). Bit-X has a little more than $1 higher fee for ATM withdrawals than Xapo, but that's all. Issuance fees are the same, as for active monthly fees ($11.4 yearly with Bit-X and $12 yearly with Xapo), if you make at least 1 transaction a month. Both cards (Named Bit-X Version compared to the Xapo Card) have free POS transactions and a 3% FX fee.

If you're dealing with GBP then Bit-X offers GBP denominated cards while Xapo does not.

With the Named White version, you'll have to pay a larger sum upfront but you'll benefit from lower FX fees, ATM fees and never have to pay a monthly fee (even if you don't do any transactions in a month) for the card's life.
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:04:28 PM

We see a similar issue with advcash's exchange rates. This leave Bit-X as the only honest Bitcoin debit card service, in my opinion. They use the market exchange rates for card transactions and all fees are stated clearly: https://bit-x.com/guide/bitx-cards

When you use your debit card we collect the bitcoins you are using and sell them in the market. There is a charge for this and therefore a fee.
I will notify our team to make this more clearly visible and stated in our FAQs.

As for Bit-X if I'm not mistaken they charge you $10 to activate your card, $3 per month active fee or $10 per month inactive fee, $10 per ATM use fee, $3 per point of sale use fee and a 5% currency conversion if you use your card in a non-US or non-EURO currency.

Thank you!

Yes, $9.95 is charged for activation but only $9.95 is charged for issuance! That's $19.90 (Xapo is $20). No major difference there but with Bit-X you can activate your card whenever! The monthly fee is $0.95 (Named Card), $0 for Point of Sale transactions and 3% if you use your card in a non-US, non-EURO or non-GBP currency.

The Named Card is the most popular card (the anonymous cards are slightly more expensive as there is no need to provide any personal information).

The Named White Card has even lower fees (although a higher issuance/activation cost totaling $99.95).

https://bit-x.com/guide/bitx-cards
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 06:39:13 PM

Is there a way to combine email addresses into the same account? I belatedly realized I used a 2nd email address for a faucet game that I withdrew some funds from, to Xapo. So I set up a Xapo account for the 2nd email address, but now it is saying I can't use my same phone # for 2FA, and without that I seemingly can't transfer any funds received to the 2nd account.

We associate your internal used ID to the email used to create your account (AKA primary email).
In order to fix this you will need to switch your mobile phone to the account with the email you'd like to use. Before you do that make sure you transfer whatever funds you have in your 2nd email address to your account of choice. Otherwise after we switch your phone to your primary email (which would now be associated with this account), you wont be able to make transfers from the second account.

Please send us a support ticket and mention this conversation and I will follow up for our team to help you.

Thanks for the response. I haven't seen a response to my emailed query for support so I'll respond here. My mobile phone is already tied to my first account which I want to keep. I'll have to borrow someone's phone to enable the 2nd account so as to transfer funds, since it won't allow me to transfer funds without setting a phone # to it. Once I've done that I'll contact support again about canceling the 2nd account so I can add the 2nd email address to the first account.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
Xapo_Partners

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:55:30 PM

Thank you!

Yes, $9.95 is charged for activation but only $9.95 is charged for issuance! That's $19.90 (Xapo is $20). No major difference there but with Bit-X you can activate your card whenever! The monthly fee is $0.95 (Named Card), $0 for Point of Sale transactions and 3% if you use your card in a non-US, non-EURO or non-GBP currency.

The Named Card is the most popular card (the anonymous cards are slightly more expensive as there is no need to provide any personal information).

The Named White Card has even lower fees (although a higher issuance/activation cost totaling $99.95).

https://bit-x.com/guide/bitx-cards

Nice job! Good luck! Smiley
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 03:18:44 AM

Hey XAPO! I think you've got a minor disaster in the making. I just saw your announcement of Xapo World, which looks pretty cool. Except that your pricing is going to drive a lot of people NUTS.

First, everyone knows what a bitcoin and a satoshi are. No one understands "bits". I had to look it up myself and mentally convert everything to make sense of the pricing on the site. But that pales in comparison to the second problem:

You are using a period instead of a comma in all your "bits" prices. Now, maybe I'm wrong and you are selling Grand Theft Auto for less than two US pennies. But it seems rather more likely that you are displaying to American customers all your pricing using the foreign convention of a period where Americans use commas. (i.e., the price of a typical new car in America is $30,000.00.  Not $30.000, which Americans would interpret as thirty bucks.)

If I'm wrong in my interpretation and you really are selling all those games for a few pennies each, more power too you. But otherwise, you may want to fix or at least clarify this pronto.

marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 07:59:14 AM

try E-Coin, it has the lowest fees on the market and the only company which offers virtual cards (it offers plastic as well).
Get virtual card and give a try, if you like you can upgrade to plastic or use virtual while plastic is on it's way

Stop making false claims.
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 10:46:10 AM

First, everyone knows what a bitcoin and a satoshi are. No one understands "bits". I had to look it up myself and mentally convert everything to make sense of the pricing on the site. But that pales in comparison to the second problem:
Bits is becoming a more known term in the Bitcoin world for measuring micro transactions, and for me has the same notoriety as mBTC. However it would be nice to have some sort of currency conversion when displaying the amount sent/recieved, I agree.

You are using a period instead of a comma in all your "bits" prices. Now, maybe I'm wrong and you are selling Grand Theft Auto for less than two US pennies. But it seems rather more likely that you are displaying to American customers all your pricing using the foreign convention of a period where Americans use commas.
The way that currency is preferably displayed depends heavily on the person interpreting it. If the developers behind XAPO had been told to use full-stops/periods when displaying large numbers, that is likely what they will do. For example, I had always written larger numbers using a comma, however I was told to stop doing this as a student as it can cause problems if the reader would misinterpret it as a decimal point. I was told to replace it with a space within my numbers (IE $30,000 to $30 000), however I believe this can also be somewhat confusing. Once again, perhaps showing conversion to Satoshi/BTC would help significantly.

If I'm wrong in my interpretation and you really are selling all those games for a few pennies each, more power too you. But otherwise, you may want to fix or at least clarify this pronto.
XAPO is a payment processor AFAIK; they do not sell games. Perhaps you should notify the service selling the games of the price discrepancies.
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 01:53:09 PM

XAPO is a payment processor AFAIK; they do not sell games. Perhaps you should notify the service selling the games of the price discrepancies.

It's Xapo World. If Xapo World is a separate entity from Xapo, I'm in the wrong spot. But it was promoted upon login to Xapo so I kinda figure they are under the same roof.

pmatveev

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 07:17:29 PM

It's Xapo World. If Xapo World is a separate entity from Xapo, I'm in the wrong spot. But it was promoted upon login to Xapo so I kinda figure they are under the same roof.

what's Xapo World? just curious

www.e-coin.io - Bitcoin Debit Card
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 08:34:01 PM

Apparently it just launched. It looks like a sales website for downloadable games, with bitcoin the only way to purchase everything. :-)

They might have bigger plans than just games, but that was all I noticed looking through it last night. You should get a pop-up message next time you log into Xapo, at least that's how I ran across it.

Miiike
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1059

Wait... What?

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 08:50:22 PM

I would like to know the steps needed to put a signature message that's needed by FaucetBox to lock our treshold. I can't find it anywhere. Can you help me, please?

Hello Xapo_Partners, are you the official Xapo account for this forum?
Kindly help me with my question here?
I know that Avatar_kiyoshi had help me answered it, I just need it to be clarified.
Thank you
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 09:22:51 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1197055.0
https://world.xapo.com/

New features on xapo, but the game is pretty expensive  Embarrassed
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: